Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] How to Change your Identity/persona on Neopets.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

[GUIDE] How to Change your Identity/persona on Neopets.

How to change your identity/persona on Neopets

Are you hated on neopets? Want to start over fresh? This guide is the guide for you.

Changing your identity

Changing your name you go by on neopets is as simple as creating a new account. Then, pick a name to be called on neopets.
    Your name on neopets should be carefully thought out. For example, if you were previously known as Catherine, pick a name like Raven.
    Something completely different from your previous name. Or, you could just choose to be called by a part of your neopets username for example if your username is example5000, people would call you example.

I recommended that you pick a name to be called by when restarting/changing your identity on neopets. People feel more
    comfortable talking to someone who is comfortable enough to tell them their real name, or, in your case, their fake name.
    I know from personal experience that not telling people a name makes you seem suspicious and makes them think you have something to hide.

Changing your persona

Changing the way you type, the way you build up your account via games or avatars, and the font/avatar you use on the neoboards are all important
    factors you have to remember when trying to change your persona.

Changing the way you type

If you used to type all slang lyke dis, it would be a good idea to start typing properly and using spell check before posting on the Neoboards.
    That will be key to developing your new persona.

Example:
    Old you: yo sup dawg
    New you: Hey man how are you?

Example:
    Old you: ya i be chillin playin neopets tonight wat u up 2?
    New you: Ya I'm staying at home playing neopets tonight what are you doing?

Changing the way you build up your account via games or avatars

Let's say for example, you're a Battledomer and you love to battle and hate collecting avatars and are known for having like 20-30 avatars
    on all of your accounts. When creating a new identity or persona try to get lots of avatars do things to the opposite extremes. Instead of having 20-30 avatars try obtaining 180-200+ avatars.

vs

Or you love to battle a certain opponent, like the Jelly Chia, you can still battle the Jelly Chia, just battle other opponents as well.

Also another example: say on your last identity you're really good at the game Bouncy Supreme. You always have that game trophy on all your neopets accounts. Avoid getting that trophy on your fresh new rebuild. Try for other game trophies either legit or by score sending (your personal choice).

Also another thing you might want to change is your user lookup. Do not use the same style css for your user lookup.

Changing the font/avatar you use on the neoboards

Say with your last identity, you used a basic bold font on the neoboards and your favourite avatar, the BGC avatar. When you rebuild don't use a BGC avatar. Try using a basic avatar like Kass Minion or a different game avatar, etc. If you show up again to the board of your preference and are actively posting and you have the same old basic bold font and BGC avatar people are going to think you're your old identity. Most people don't need to remember usernames: most people can tell who are just by the avatar/font you use when posting. If you use the same one people will think, "Wait a minute didn't so-and-so use this font? This must be them trying to start over," then the hatred will rain down on you.

For example, nobody would believe these two are the same person:

---

And those are all the steps I use to build up my new personas on Neopets. Now you know my secret.

I hope this guide helps some people.

I posted this guide on another site as well if it looks familiar to some people :cool:

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Mango For This Useful Post:

5252 (01-06-2012),Adam (01-15-2012),Airy (01-07-2012),Ben (01-06-2012),Corliss (10-11-2013),cute. (01-08-2012),Gir (01-15-2012),kariyuki (04-13-2012),kidchaor (01-15-2012),Leet (01-09-2012),maxxine (01-08-2012),Meercat (01-06-2012),Sari (01-07-2012),simmie (10-14-2013),Winning (01-06-2012),xRomanChan (04-14-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well written, clear thought put into it, original
    Nice job

Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Well written, clear thought put into it, original
    Nice job
    Thanks Winning.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by whatareyoudoingomgSTOP View Post
    copying and pasting this whole thing so i can submit it to the neopian times as my article. thanks!

hope i get my trophy this time :K
    I hope you're kidding... lol this is my guide not yours you don't have any right to post it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mango For This Useful Post:

5252 (01-07-2012),Cara (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i like to singa about the moona and the juna and the springa
    Last edited by whatareyoudoingomgSTOP; 01-07-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    thats not all. make sure your photobucket/ MSN accounts aren't linked in any way to your old acc.
    it also helps to stay away from guilds you used to be associated with. you might also want to consider creating different pet species for each persona you choose to undertake...
    (eg. a bori instead of a gelert etc)
    also, do not continually stick with a same gallery theme/ try to make friends with the SAME people onsite

lol sometimes, i feel i think way too much xD

anyways excellent guide!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by monzter View Post
    thats not all. make sure your photobucket/ MSN accounts aren't linked in any way to your old acc.
    it also helps to stay away from guilds you used to be associated with. you might also want to consider creating different pet species for each persona you choose to undertake...
    (eg. a bori instead of a gelert etc)
    also, do not continually stick with a same gallery theme/ try to make friends with the SAME people onsite

lol sometimes, i feel i think way too much xD

anyways excellent guide!

All of those are very obvious techniques to not do. Except the last one. I have actually made friends with tons of people on different identities that I had with a previous one. It's funny how some people don't notice or how well if you're skilled enough you can change your whole persona to fool people.

Also thanks for the compliment

Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Bump this up.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times