Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you think Obama will be reelected? Yes or No?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Heheh, it's funny I see this now right after talking to my mom about it... we both don't think he'll be reelected.
    But (get ready for this because it's what I had to live with for 11 years) my mom says there won't be an election because their going to end up putting the country under martial law and when the country is under Martial Law there can be no election. She also says Obama is going to bring in a Muslim militia and she plans on dragging me and my little sister with her to go live in the woods with her until it's over.

I on the other hand don't really see him being reelected, he's disappointed a lot of people and I've seen a lot of those who voted for him in the beginning turn against him. And the disappointment isn't just from the plans he put into motion for the country.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    No he will not. He was not a bad president, but he lacks balls. You need to have a backbone so the people continue to trust in you.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    Coming from a Canadian point of view if you don't re-elect Obama and give him more time to fix the pile of crap bush left him to deal with it would be the stupidest thing you guys could do as a country. If you keep switching sides every election nothing will ever get done. Have to give your current leader a chance to actually make some changes. Changes take time.
    How much time does he need? In his first 60 days as a president he did not fulfill one promise he made during the electorial period.

Obama's Inauguration___________What we have now
    AAA Credit Rating

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    my mom says there won't be an election because their going to end up putting the country under martial law and when the country is under Martial Law there can be no election. She also says Obama is going to bring in a Muslim militia and she plans on dragging me and my little sister with her to go live in the woods with her until it's over.
    Oh dear. Do you follow this same belief or are you thinking that is way off in left field?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Ronith (04-20-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I have no party allegiance, but as of late my views have sided more conservatively.
    I think Romney would make the better president personally. He is a business man, and our biggest problem is debt. What most people don't understand is that money is the source of most of our problems. The stock market right now is falsely raised. Were about to go into a very tough time. Gold is about to nosedive. While we tend to think the 2008 crisis is over, it is only just beginning. With debt reaching such high levels, the government itself is left with a few options.
    A. Cut Spending - Lots of government jobs gone, unemployment rate skyrockets, impending stock speculation eg a crash, further problems.
    B. Print more money to begin to pay off the interest + capital - Inflation becomes a bigger problem, money becomes more difficult to take out of the economy, jobs pay less (the same, but dollar buys less), potential economic reform
    C. Continue to borrow to pay off debt - Kind of like what alot of americans do to pay off credit card bills, and we all know what happens when the problem isn't addressed in our own lives. If it isnt solved, the delicate balance of debt cycle in the world is in trouble. With Europe in such a vulnerable position, the US ceasing to pay off debt would cause another collapse not only in countries but in many major banks and factories, which would lead to more closings, of not only jobs but of the entire money market -> First true Global Economic Crisis.

Obama's heart may be in the right place, but with government rapidly becoming more like a business, it is imperative that a business man be in charge. He may be hindered by regulations, but I believe the biggest problem is the money market right now, and it needs to be addressed quickly.

I personally have solutions, but they border on unconstitutional. Unfortunately, the time most comparable (Great Depression) was led by FDR, who chose to do "unconstitutional" things to bring us out of depression. It worked.

Obama lost alot of support by not following through with his initial promises. On the other hand, the republicans themselves are still divided. It's going to be a tight race because most people can only see immediate cause and effect, and many do not understand the complexities that is the economy. They would rather see a check with their name on it for a thousand dollars than the money being spent back into our economy correctly. The populace appears to be a child in more ways than one. Romney doesn't relate to the poor and middle classes because he isn't either of them. However, he above any other in this election would know or have the best shot at beginning to fix this economic crisis. And for all it matters, that is the only crisis. If it isn't solved, we aren't looking at anything there is precedent for. Imagine loss of international trade, the loss of currency, of banking, of Wall Street. That is only the beginning. It doesn't seem real, but that's the truth. I've done alot of research on it myself, and that is my prediction.

If it helps to reassure you that I know what I'm talking about, I'm up 1,687% over the last 5 years, and I've also publicly predicted the Bank of America crash and I could give a synopsis of the entire Sub-Prime Mortgage Crisis. I live for economics, and we're in trouble.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank12 View Post
    C. Continue to borrow to pay off debt - Kind of like what alot of americans do to pay off credit card bills, and we all know what happens when the problem isn't addressed in our own lives. If it isnt solved, the delicate balance of debt cycle in the world is in trouble. With Europe in such a vulnerable position, the US ceasing to pay off debt would cause another collapse not only in countries but
    We could become like Greece. It may not happen in my lifetime but I'm sure all great civilizations before us that collapsed were sure they wouldn't and couldn't, but they did.

When you exist in a society that continues to spend more than what it makes and continues to ignore that, and continues to believe that you can spend and purchase with what you don't have and are not going to have over an indefinite period, and it's perfectly acceptable to do so - that society is eventually going to run up against an unsurmountable wall. That "wall" is the one that simply cannot be hurdled - the one where you realize you're going to have to do with less because it's simply not there to be had. The well has bottomed out. It's over. And even though there are voices that tell that society where it's headed, the masses will ignore those voices and continue on believing that not only can you get something for nothing - you have a right to and deserve to. And will riot demanding what is not there for them and believing they cannot live without it. That's where Greece is today.

What makes anyone believe we won't reach that same point? We have a society today where millions think the govt can and should pay for a variety of benefits, but have absolutely no idea where these "govt monies" come from. All they know is that the govt will and should pay for they want and what the govt has told them they deserve even if they have not done enough for it. We're currrently doing the same things Greece did by spending more than what we take in and our current govt not only supports that, but advocates going even deeper into debt. It is our current govts philosophical view, and millions of Americans that support and advocate the idea that we as a nation can and should continue to receive a variety of benefits even without fully paying for them, and many will pay nothing at all, but yet we still deserve to receive these benefits and have a right to demand them. A few may say that this just doesn't make sense and cannot continue without collapse of the govt, which will surely fail. A few may say this.

We seem to think that as a society we are somehow smarter than the Greeks and won't hit that unsurmountable wall that they did. That somehow as a society we will realize our shortcomings and will cease doing the things they did to get where they got. But will we? What would cause us to do so?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    PARTY: INDEPENDENT
    WANT: Obama reelection in 2012.
    THINK: Things are getting better, i live in nyc and change can be seen, more jobs, more programs, more money for school. the effect will soon spread outward towards towns and the us will end up with a better economy. Also the republican candidates really need to step their games, none of them appealed to me as a voter.
    [CENTER]

Hi there!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by kariyuki View Post
    PARTY: INDEPENDENT
    WANT: Obama reelection in 2012.
    THINK: Things are getting better, i live in nyc and change can be seen, more jobs, more programs, more money for school. the effect will soon spread outward towards towns and the us will end up with a better economy. Also the republican candidates really need to step their games, none of them appealed to me as a voter.
    Right. Service industry jobs. But what happened to the companies that had factories? All pretty much gone. No new factories are coming to the USA. More and more are being shut down, outsourced to CHina.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    From an otusider point of view, i would rather Obama to be re-elected as president as there are simply too many issues on his hands to settle and it takes some time for the next president to be accustom as a president.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    yes obama will win again no one on the republican party will be able to beat him and if some how the republican party wins. They CHEATED