Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Obama will be reelected? Yes or No?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    5d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Azn View Post
    This a bit off-topic but, what are your views on abortion, same-sex marriage, and the death penalty? Also, what is the Libertarian view on these issues since it seems mixed. Ron Paul is my second choice after Obama because I believe he is better than anyone on the Republican side.
    My views

Abortion - Pro life I just dont like the the thought of killing babies/fetus' whether they have brains or hearts or not D:
    Same-sex marriage - I dont care the government shouldn't be involved in marriage. I'm neither for or against it
    Death Penalty - I am pro capital punishment I just don't think murders or rapists should be allowed to live even if it is inside a jail.

Libertarian views are almost the same except abortion they believe should be a personal choice and the government should have no say in the matter. Ron Paul is pro life though. There isn't much of a Libertarian view on the Death Penalty.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by runbikesurf View Post
    My views

Abortion - Pro life I just dont like the the thought of killing babies/fetus' whether they have brains or hearts or not D:
    Same-sex marriage - I dont care the government shouldn't be involved in marriage. I'm neither for or against it
    Death Penalty - I am pro capital punishment I just don't think murders or rapists should be allowed to live even if it is inside a jail.

Libertarian views are almost the same except abortion they believe should be a personal choice and the government should have no say in the matter. Ron Paul is pro life though. There isn't much of a Libertarian view on the Death Penalty.
    The thing is- the government IS involved in marriage at the current point in time. By saying that gays cannot marry, which denies the lgbt community hundreds of rights that married couples have, the government is involved in it at the present time. I think there needs to be a true separation of church and state.

Even though I think Obama could do more for gay rights, like I said, I would pick Ron Paul as my second, but only because he would probably leave things as they are at the moment. I think I saw an article on him saying that he would leave it up to the states to decide, saying that it's not a federal issue. All the other Republican candidates at the moment seem as if they could damage to gay marriage, especially Rick Santorum.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Coming from a Canadian point of view if you don't re-elect Obama and give him more time to fix the pile of crap bush left him to deal with it would be the stupidest thing you guys could do as a country. If you keep switching sides every election nothing will ever get done. Have to give your current leader a chance to actually make some changes. Changes take time.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mango For This Useful Post:

aca (04-17-2012),Azn (01-10-2012),Slasher (04-16-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    69/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    This proves America's ignorance right here lol. Have to give people time to make changes.
    I don't see how it proves America as a whole is ignorant. Usually during a debate, you don't attack another person's country. js

And, we did. We gave him 4 years. He did practically nothing. I don't see what he's going to accomplish besides socializing health care, which is a horrible idea anyway, and further increase our debt.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I don't see how it proves America as a whole is ignorant. Usually during a debate, you don't attack another person's country. js

And, we did. We gave him 4 years. He did practically nothing. I don't see what he's going to accomplish besides socializing health care, which is a horrible idea anyway, and further increase our debt.
    It takes time for his plans he's put in motion to gradually start getting rid of your debt. The debt left by bush was a big one. Wasn't just going to start happening immediately.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'd never vote for Obama. I'm very conservative. But in the end realize this. Who is going to accomplish anything? Nobody. No matter who it is after a year everyone will disagree with them. Economically there is nothing anyone can do. Nobody is creating more jobs or stabilizing the economy. The only reason more jobs are opening is because it's getting cheaper to open up here and let people work instead of other countries because the dollar is so worthless nowadays. I only care about social, current event views such as war, immigration, gun rights, abortion, death penalty, etc etc. I have my old-fashioned, traditional values and morals still in place, not these new I can throw away life, take no responsibility for my actions or get dirt under my finger views.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I don't think it's feasable to call whether Obama will be reelected at this point. The polls of Obama vs. Romney are really dang close. I'll let you see actual polls:

(you need an account to see links)

In my opinion though, I think I see Romney getting elected. I'd personally vote for Ron Paul but would rather see Romney in office over Obama. If you're wondering I'm an independent though I side more with conservatives. I have all sorts of views that I could discuss but that would be for another debate so I'll just stick with what I've said.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    99/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    6h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Eh, I decided to delete this post, please ignore it. =P
    Last edited by Yoku; 01-15-2012 at 05:32 AM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Defenetely! hes a good president!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah. Romney's said a lot of shit that alienates entire groups of people.