Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Proposed Law Would Force Churches to Host Gay Weddings

(you need an account to see links)

To be honest, nothing really suprises me anymore. What's next? A law that says pediphiles & convicted sex offenders can be Elementary School Teachers?

So, liberals want to pass a law that says it's ok for homos to get married in God's house.

What are these f*cking idiots doing besides trying to turn Christianity into their preferable "politically correct" religion?
    Last edited by Ronith; 05-10-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    How can the law force them, does the government have power over church in US?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SmileYaDead For This Useful Post:

J_L_K_64 (05-10-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyadead View Post
    How can the law force them, does the government have power over church in US?
    No one at any level in your government has a right to tell the pastor of a church how he is to use that church. Churches aren't built with taxpayer money.

Many churches have all kinds of events and seminars on a regular basis. The events typically involve the members of the church. Most churches only have 2 services a week. And as far as how the pastor uses that church...that's no one's business but his and the congregation.

The proposed ordinance is clearly aimed at picking a fight with a local church. Probably sponsored behind the scenes by money from the homosexual lobby. The motives behind this ordinance are clearly wrong.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    319 times
    Time Online
    4d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronith View Post
    No one at any level in your government has a right to tell the pastor of a church how he is to use that church. Churches aren't built with taxpayer money.

Many churches have all kinds of events and seminars on a regular basis. The events typically involve the members of the church. Most churches only have 2 services a week. And as far as how the pastor uses that church...that's no one's business but his and the congregation.

The proposed ordinance is clearly aimed at picking a fight with a local church. Probably sponsored behind the scenes by money from the homosexual lobby. The motives behind this ordinance are clearly wrong.
    i agreed with that up until you said that it might be secretly sponsored by homosexual lobby behind the scenes, i think it's just democrats going to town trying to make everything equal for everyone, which is ok, to a point, that point being when you force others to do things that is against their beliefs/religions whatever

that being said, i'd like to declare that i do not follow one single religion, and would like to see how this turns out
    Last edited by J_L_K_64; 05-10-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    just report it and ignore it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to J_L_K_64 For This Useful Post:

zxzero (05-10-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    If the church is ran by sh*t said in the bible, then they can't really allow gays getting married in church, can they? Or do the 21st century churches go where money leads them?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    First of all Kansas doesn't have same sex marriage.

“They (churches) could not deny renting space to a gay couple if they want to have a party,” he told Fox News. “This is just another example of government creating a law imposing upon the freedom of religion and basically telling churches what they can and can’t do.”

Who would pick to have a party in a church? Especially over a gay bar... This wouldn't be a problem if people would stop renting out their church buildings like it's an apartment. Amen.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smileyadead View Post
    If the church is ran by sh*t said in the bible, then they can't really allow gays getting married in church, can they? Or do the 21st century churches go where money leads them?
    You have people who are divorced running churches. I've even seen a pastor with tattoos. Like homosexuality, all of these things are sins.
    (you need an account to see links)
    Let's not forget about Catholic priests sexually abusing children.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hey, if you wanna be gay fine by me, go start your own homosexual church and stop trying to make my heterosexual church to accept your ways, problem solved.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronith For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-10-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Eh, religion has always been BS to me. I can't be bothered going into an argument about it with my few religious acquaintances, they just can't be reasoned with.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmileYaDead For This Useful Post:

Reese (06-01-2012),zxzero (05-10-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    5d 14h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    How do you know homosexuality is a sin? Out of curiosity. It never appeared until later, when someone decided to translate a word - which they didn't know what it meant - to 'homosexuality' and from then on it was considered 'bad'. But if people actually read up on historical details, rather than accepting every single thing that is thrown their way - as you would say, "They go to church, not to learn, but to be indoctrinated," - then maybe there wouldn't be this huge fucking fuss about it. Lol. I find the whole thing pretty stupid. ;D

The words "homosexual" and "homosexuality" do not appear in the Bible-at least they are absent from the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek texts. The authors of the Bible did not understand sexual orientation; this term was only developed in the late 19th century. The writers had comprehension of same-sex relationships, or sex with persons of the same gender. Thus, when you see one of these terms in an English translation of the Bible, it is accurate. The word "homosexual" first appeared in an American Bible in 1973, the New International Version (NIV). It seems to have appeared in a version in the United Kingdom, the (NE, a few years earlier.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rain For This Useful Post:

Cody. (07-18-2012),J_L_K_64 (05-10-2012),John (05-11-2012),Reese (06-01-2012),zxzero (05-10-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm a devout Christian.

But this all seems like a 1st world problem to me.

And yes I've read what all of you guys wrote and even some more news.