Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think Obama will be reelected? Yes or No?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Do you think Obama will be reelected? Yes or No?

To start off, I want to say I am an Obama supporter. I don't agree with all his political views but I agree with most of them.

On this thread, please state what you want to happen with what you think will happen, unless they are the same thing.
    Please state your party (I'm rather curious) and your reasoning.

PARTY: Democrat
    WANT: Obama reelection in 2012.
    THINK: Obama will win reelection because there really hasn't been a solid Republican candidate so far and there is a little more than ten months to go. Most Republicans believe that Mitt Romney has the best chance of beating Obama, yet he only has about 25% of their support. The Republicans are not coming together on the basis of one candidate, but rather splitting their support among four main candidates. (Romney, Paul, Santorum, and Gingrich)
    (you need an account to see links)

Also, Obama has a lot of support among the younger generation, and people are forgetting that 2012, means a new wave of Gen Y voters, meaning probably more liberal, democratic votes. So I do think Obama will win but it will probably be a close one.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    2d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Very good debate topic. First off, i think he will be re-elected for a couple of reasons. 1: As you mentioned, way too many republicans are currently splitting, so i think that when one of them is left he will not gain all the possible republican support.
    2:It seems that democrats>republicans in this current time. 3:The moments under obama. A big plus to obama is being president when Osama was killed. Although he did promise that he would take troops out of the middle east early and quickly, that is a negative. Overall i say yes because the competition isn't completely set up to take him on, and people were scared, and Obama delivered the death of Osama.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm an independent. My political views sit right in the middle!
    I honestly will be curious to see how the 2012 election turns out. I think Obama has lost a loooooot of supporters over the last 4 years, so he won't have the momentum he had in 2008. He's also proven that he doesn't follow through with his promises. He's put our country into even more debt. His health care "reform" is going to ruin our health care system (now, don't get me wrong. I want health care. I'm too poor to afford insurance. I just don't think he's going about it the right way.)
    Honestly, a good majority of people will vote for him because he's black. Just like last time. Which is so incredibly racist.

Anyway, I don't know if I will vote for him or not. It all depends on who the opposing candidate is.

PM me for any of the following:
    PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @zlolekim I agree with your points but what's your political party? Or are you independent?

@Kristin I disagree with you on the "a good majority of people will vote for him because he's black." and I will you why. I have had this argument countless times, of course a few do vote on him based on skin color, just like a few voted for McCain because they didn't want a black President. The reason why he has so much minority support, is because most minorities are on the Democratic side... Most African Americans, Latinos, Asians, etc. are Democrats.

It's true he has lost supporters but I think that he will be able to show that he is better than the other Republican candidate.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have to still disagree. I spoke with multiple people after the 2008 election and a good majority of them said they voted for Obama strictly because he is black. I was like "seriously? Don't you care about his political views or anything?" and they were just like "I want a black president."
    I'm not saying that's always the case, but it is a lot around here. Ugh.

PM me for any of the following:
    PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I assumed you talked to African Americans? How many African Americans do you know that are Republican?
    I know maybe 2-3 in real life...
    I mean, who else do they have to vote for? McCain/Palin?

No matter how much you hate your candidate for your party, you vote for them because you know they share your views.
    Last edited by Azn; 01-01-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    2d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I agree with kristin, i do think that him being black at least has a little bit to do with it.
    @Azn- as for my political part, i am generally a democrat, however for some unexplained reason, i like ron paul. I feel that he is a good change of pace

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Party: Labour(It's a UK party), I'd put myself to the left of the Democrats in terms of US politics.
    Want: Obama re-election.
    Why? Because I don't believe any Republican candidate can bring about a more just America. Obama, for all his failings, has done a fair bit with his time and been hampered mostly by Republicans playing partisan politics to block him. He was always going to be something of a disappointment- His high-blown rhetoric on the election trail could never be properly followed through no matter what he did as President- but he has delivered on the important issues. I think he will be re-elected with a slimmer majority but the result will not be in doubt. He is a powerful speaker and will inspire many again. The Republicans are fractured and riddled with internal divisions which will weigh heavily against them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoSunset View Post
    Party: Labour(It's a UK party), I'd put myself to the left of the Democrats in terms of US politics.
    Want: Obama re-election.
    Why? Because I don't believe any Republican candidate can bring about a more just America. Obama, for all his failings, has done a fair bit with his time and been hampered mostly by Republicans playing partisan politics to block him. He was always going to be something of a disappointment- His high-blown rhetoric on the election trail could never be properly followed through no matter what he did as President- but he has delivered on the important issues. I think he will be re-elected with a slimmer majority but the result will not be in doubt. He is a powerful speaker and will inspire many again. The Republicans are fractured and riddled with internal divisions which will weigh heavily against them.
    By left of the Democrats, do you mean you are an extreme liberal? I agree with you, despite what people say about Obama, he has improved America on a wide range of different topics. He has fulfilled his promise to end the war, he has advanced gay rights by repealing DADT, and much more. I feel like he will lead us to a better four years than the Republicans will. I fear for America if Michelle Bachman were in charge.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm not affiliated with any party but I would vote for Obama for the re-election.

I dont like how people are bashing Obama for doing his job. People aren't realizing how much work he had on his plate with the financial meltdown of 2008. He put plans into place that will stabilize the economy in the long run even if it's not apparent right now.

With the Euro world crisis, you should be glad America isn't worst off.

You might want to check this out.

(you need an account to see links)

That's how fvuked America is but people don't realize.
    The government bailout was handled like shut but in the long run, I rather it be with a time tested president who knows what the fvuk he is doing. Let's face it, not every promise during the campaign can be done.