13/4
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
    I guess I just have a different opinion of independence. What I consider independent is being able to live on your own, afford transportation, having a steady job, student debts are paid off or are getting paid off comfortably, etc. That was when I was finally able to tell my parents to back off because I didn't need them financially anymore.

Although being a student does make it a completely different ball game. I hated undergrad. I don't think I can handle being that poor again. Do you normally live in a dorm?
    Only way I can atm. Looking into an apt for next school year with my friends as it will be at least half the cost

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by ./m View Post
    Only way I can atm. Looking into an apt for next school year with my friends as it will be at least half the cost
    My friends did this, make sure everyone is in a stable job, because once one falls out, it all goes to shit.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/4
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarydark View Post
    My friends did this, make sure everyone is in a stable job, because once one falls out, it all goes to shit.
    Well once we are in this I won't have to worry about coming up short on money from financial aid.

I can empathise that being a university student is very tough. What are you taking in school? If you're taking something like programming or engineering (which I assume you are because you program :p), then you have almost nothing to worry about. Just need to power through a few more years, and the jobs will be flowing like jizz.

I happen to have wasted my time working on a useless degree that not only left me with a lot of debt, but there were no steady jobs in that field. It was after I digressed from that area of work, when I finally started to shape my life.
    Yeah I'm in a computer science program, I'll have no problem getting a job once I get through

Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/4
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well in that case, you're golden. You seriously have nothing to worry about (but you don't need me to tell you that).

I have a friend who has never worked a day in his life. He complains about not having enough money, but he tries to give me every excuse he can for not going out and finding even a part time McJob. And all he does is sit at home and play video games. It gets frustrating sometimes. lol It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't bitch so much. I just don't understand why some people just refuse to take initiative and then wonder why life isn't working out for them.

Yep, as long as you're nothing like that, you're all good.
    Sounds kinda like one of my roommates now