Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m

[Guide] What to do after buying an account

[Guide] What to do after buying an account

These are the steps I take after buying an account. They've successfully made it to where if I'm frozen or the original owner comes back, I'm able to prove that I was in possession of the account and I can actually make the staff member dealing with the ticket believe I am the original owner.

Open notepad

★ So you can store all of this information for later use.

Browse the account from the outside

★ Note where the account was originally registered from, if not from the US. (if from the US, check what state in the Edit Profile panel)
    ★ Ask your seller if they know if the information had been changed, and if so, what it was originally.

★ Take note of NP on hand, in bank, shop till and stocks (if applicable).

★ Browse SDB and write down any significant items, NC especially.

★ Check the email linked to the account. If it's unregistered, create it. If it's registered, create an email similar to the original email and link it to the account.

★ Look at the NC transaction logs (MOST important for getting account back). Copy everything.

★ Change the password (not recommended to do this within the same day as changing the email, sets off flags) If previously inactive and you just changed the email, wait a few days to change the password. If you didn't have to change the email because it was unregistered, it should be safe to change the password- change it to something similar to the previous password but not completely guessable. Example: brassKnuckles88 > BrassKnuckles256

(optional) Adopt a random pet from the pound and transfer it to a shell you have. You'll be able to see if there is anything in the transfer log, note down anything you see. There won't always be logs, they disappear with time.

★ Check closet, write down NC items.

★ Write down neofriends (if any).

What not to do

✘ Do not change the name or location on the userlookup. It's not necessary and it just looks suspicious.
    ✘ Do not start chatting it up on the boards right away.
    ✘ Do not respond to mails from the neofriends. Block mails from the start if necessary.

✘ Do not purchase NC on the account until you change the email. It will send an email to whatever email is linked and will possibly notify the previous account owner.

Please post anything you think needs to be added to this guide, I'll add in other things if I think of them.
    Last edited by Cheese; 09-28-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks Munna for this qt signature <3
    Thanks Air for my awesome avatar!

Queso Bandito

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:

Hawaii (11-01-2014),Ilere (10-17-2014),Lindsay (09-28-2014),Moonlight (08-06-2015),noah (10-05-2014),PizzaParty (10-11-2014),Sakuras (09-28-2014)