Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortions - Pro Choice or Pro Life?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Everyone has such strong opinions when they neither experienced pregnancy or abortion. Trust me, you look at both sides totally different when it happens to you. I also don't think posting images of abortions performed 2 weeks to 8 months changes a situation if you're going through it at the time, seeing an image (which I have) and actually seeing my baby on an ultra sound is two different things. You may be going in to an abortion clinic set on getting it done but when you see it moving on screen it's not so easy even given the facts it's "just a fetus". I find these threads so silly. I would like for everyone to post. On this thread after having a pregnancy or an abortion and then tell me how you feel.

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meagan For This Useful Post:

Steve (01-08-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    But Im a guy

If I ever get the chance to get pregnant...Iwill be sure to come here after, k?

lol jk

Anyways, I think it ultimately should be up to the person. I believe in Pro-Life, but 'm not the one in the situation. Personally just mind your own business if it doesnt affect you directly.

my grand philosophy...for the hell of it

There should just be more precautions taken to prevent pregnancy in the first place. Don't put yourself in situations that can have huge risks. Pregnancy is easily avoidable if you don't want it to happen...so if u r a pro choice female who plans on getting a few abortions cuz you think it isnt a big deal..how bout you just use a condom or birth control instead ya?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Useful Post:

Mouse (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Pro-life. There is no choice to me. No matter the circumstances there is someone in this country that would care for the child. There's millions of people who can't have children but deserve one. 99% of the time its your fault. You take the responsibility or find someone that will

Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    2d 16h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagan View Post
    Everyone has such strong opinions when they neither experienced pregnancy or abortion. Trust me, you look at both sides totally different when it happens to you. I also don't think posting images of abortions performed 2 weeks to 8 months changes a situation if you're going through it at the time, seeing an image (which I have) and actually seeing my baby on an ultra sound is two different things. You may be going in to an abortion clinic set on getting it done but when you see it moving on screen it's not so easy even given the facts it's "just a fetus". I find these threads so silly. I would like for everyone to post. On this thread after having a pregnancy or an abortion and then tell me how you feel.

^ this. so much.

I think it's sad when people get an abortion as a form of birth control, because they're too stupid to use actual birth control but when it comes down to it, it is your choice.
    I personally would never get an abortion myself, because from experience, that just wasn't for me (I have a 1 year old daughter) but I wouldn't contemn someone who did opt to get one...
    It's a touchy subject for a lot of people and you REALLY can't say what you'd do or what you wouldn't do unless you've been through it.
    Before I got pregnant i was like "omg that gurl got an abortion? wat a stupid slut..omg"
    but now it's like, I can understand why someone would do it. It's so stressing and scary and just overall a huge life change. if you're not ready to change your life style or not ready to have a kid or not making enough money, why is abortion selfish? There's always the argument "OMG ADOPTION! PPLZ WANNA HAS UR BABIES" Okay, good for them. You try going through an entire 9 (almost ten months) of carrying around this child, that you bond with even before they're born.. and so many complications can happen during pregnancy.

Still, I wouldn't ever have one..
    But being pregnant is so stressing, I understand why people would

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    It's quite sad to see that pro-life people have no problem eating eggs for breakfast, knowing full well that those are unhatched chicks. Just like caviar is a bunch of fish eggs.

Anyways, @(you need an account to see links), if you look at the children that need adoption and children in foster care, you will see that there is more than enough for parents that want to adopt at the moment.

I want to interate that you can be pro-choice but pro-life yourself, meaning if it were your baby, you wouldn't have an abortion but you want to give women the say to choose what they want.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    It's quite sad to see that pro-life people have no problem eating eggs for breakfast, knowing full well that those are unhatched chicks. Just like caviar is a bunch of fish eggs.
    Technically the eggs you buy from your grocery store are unfertilized eggs, the roosters are not kept with hens in production pens because the hen can produce a regular egg every 24-36 hours. Caviar is also unfertilized eggs, they are the eggs in ovaries which have not yet been fertilized many of which can simply be harvested from a live fish (such as the Sturgeon) and set free again to continue making eggs. It is just like when you clean a fish on the beach, those eggs in the female are not sitting in her fertilized...they are just there ready for reproduction and if you press on her stomach while still alive those eggs can be pushed out. There is no killing of "baby animals" because no fertilization has occurred.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Azn (01-11-2012),Meagan (01-11-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links)

You are absolutely correct, I did not think of that. I do like try new food so I did order a Balut in a very authentic Asian restaurant before. ((you need an account to see links))

Anyways, we as Americans do eat baby animals though...
    Lamb is usually under a year old, though it's often slaughtered at around 6 to 7 months old. Meat from adults is called mutton and tends to be tougher and stronger in flavor.
    Pig is slaughtered anywhere from 4 months old (when it's around 40 pounds) to a year old (when it's up to 200 pounds), but from what I can tell, the most common ages are 6 to 9 months old. Suckling pigs are between 2 to 6 weeks old.
    Most beef is usually just under a year old, though grass-fed cattle are usually a few months older because they take longer to grow.
    Free-raised veal is around 6 to 7 months old.

((you need an account to see links))

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I do like try new food so I did order a Balut in a very authentic Asian restaurant before.
    lol Balut is a whole other ballgame, the only reason I know what that it is is that I watch a show called Bizarre foods and he has eaten that on numerous occasions. The average American is not going to dine on that egg by any means lol.

Other young animal foods are certainly abundant though (I personally love lamb), not sure how pro-life individuals feel about consuming them because they have already been born unlike say a Balut egg which is still a baby chicken but not born. Vegetarianism falls more so into the young animal category on that particular subject, pro-life maybe if we were eating the embryo stage of that lamb.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    8h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This is a really difficult question because like a lot of people have said, for one it can be situational, and two, you have to almost be in the situation to see it from their side. Having a baby is one of the most life-changing things that can happen. I'd like to consider myself pro-life because I do believe the baby has individual rights and it is not its fault when someone decides life or death, but I also understand that I've never been in that situation, and I certainly don't think people should tell or try to force someone to keep the baby because of what they believe in. Whatever you believe in is what YOU believe in, and if you judge others for decisions that they have made because they are different than what you would have done, where will that get you? Especially if you end up in that situation and do the same thing they did?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have a friend who has had 2 abortions and had to use plan B once, and at first I sympathized with her because it was an accident, her life would be "ruined", etc, but then a second abortion.. I don't know. I definitely didn't judge her though because I don't know what I would have done. I'm more pro-life because everyone is responsible for their own actions and should deal with the consequences. I'm leaning towards it being illegal because it's like murdering a person and that's illegal. No, people shouldn't be forced into having a child, but no one forced them to get pregnant either. As for plan B.. I think that's ok although also kind of irresponsible