Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortions - Pro Choice or Pro Life?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Pro-Choice. It's the woman's life vs the baby's life, after all. If she's taking a step such as abortion, she would have thought everything through

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    3h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm pro-choice. I've had one, it shouldn't of happened, and it was my own selfish fault. However, I'm not afraid of going to "hell" or anything like that for the choice I made, and my decision was the right one no matter what anyone else thinks. I don't really have to explain anything to anyone here either, but I will slightly. I was 17 years old, yet to finish high school, the father would not have cared to be involved, and I was on medications that could prove very harmful to my unborn especially since I would have had to stop taking them a year in advance before conception.

That's not to say I don't regret my actions, because I do. Unfortunately what's done is done and I have to move forward. I do want kids someday, and I will have them. I am currently on birth control and I'm more mature at 22 than I was at 17. I'm also married now and in a situation where I could have kids right now and be fine. However, I don't want kids at the moment and I'm not too much into repeating past mistakes.

I'd also like to mention that rape is not a choice. A rape victim has every right to not want that child and not have to worry about going to jail because of it. (Not that you do now, just saying). I'm sorry, but especially in cases like that, it is not the woman's fault. She did not asked to be raped and become pregnant as a result. Every woman has the right to choose, and I feel even when your not choosing to condone or personally have an abortion, that is still a choice.

To each his (or her) own, really. It shouldn't be up to the government or a group of people what one person can or is supposed to do. It should be up to the individual that it is happening to.
    Last edited by sarahbella; 04-21-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I will go with my biology teacher. I am pro choice. It is not considered a human until it grows visible human traits

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Personally, I believe it completely depends on the circumstances. It is not a black and white issue, there are a lot of gray areas. I think that if a woman is raped, if giving birth would be harmful to the mother, or if it is absolutely necessary to abort the fetus due to medical reasons, I am completely for it. However, letting anyone and everyone make this decision is something I feel is wrong. I do not feel the main problem with pro-choice is whether or not the fetus is considered a "life" or not, but it has become a fallback option to just get rid of a "problem." If someone engages in consensual sex, they should do so while fully aware of the consequences. If one is not able to deal with the potential consequences of sex, they should not be having it - this especially applies to younger teenagers who are not even emotionally ready to handle sex OR pregnancy. I don't feel abortion should be offered to just anyone. There are plenty of infertile couples who would love to adopt.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think if the baby isn't well in pregnancy, the person should abort it. But if it seems perfectly healthy, they should wait the pregnancy off until birth and adopt out. I don't see why they'd abort if the baby is healthy. If the baby has something wrong with it such as a medical condition that'd cost lots of money, or if the baby has something terribly wrong like. Being in pain all the time, I'd say abort.

I'm highly against abortion though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Pro-Choice.
    If the women gets raped and wants to suppress the memory but ends up pregnant, I don't think its fair that she would be stuck having the baby.
    One of my cousins choice a bad path in life, and recently had to have 2 abortions. It's not something that she wants to have to go through again, but she was happy that she was able to make that choice and choose to end them so she can move on and try to fix her mistakes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    No that is just wrong only god has the right to end someone's life. I am not even a relgous person. It's still just not right at alll.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kera View Post
    Pro-Choice.
    If the women gets raped and wants to suppress the memory but ends up pregnant, I don't think its fair that she would be stuck having the baby.
    One of my cousins choice a bad path in life, and recently had to have 2 abortions. It's not something that she wants to have to go through again, but she was happy that she was able to make that choice and choose to end them so she can move on and try to fix her mistakes.
    well I might think its okay in that type of situation

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdeadriser View Post
    No that is just wrong only god has the right to end someone's life. I am not even a relgous person. It's still just not right at alll.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

well I might think its okay in that type of situation
    What about if the mom (or baby) become ill and the only way to save the mom is to abort it?
    Thats why I'm pro-choice. You can't force someone NOT to try and save their lives... Just saying.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    The army has a saying: It's only an emergency if it affects life, limb, or eyesight.

I'm pro-adoption. I have friends who can't have children. Unless that baby is going to kill you on it's way into the world, I don't think you have the right to decide to kill it.

People forget that babies are people, too. If we had the ability to see into the future, how would you feel if you aborted the child who would have one day cured cancer? the kid who became the president that brought world peace?

Who are we, as mere stupid nobodies, to decide who we can kill simply because we feel inconvenienced by them being body roommates for 9 months.

I lived with a huge fucking doucher in college for a whole year. I think i could suck it up with a quiet, no mess roommate for 9 months and then give him to a couple who would give them all the love and opportunity to have an amazing life. And all i'm out is 9 months of drinking.

The human race as a whole disgusts me. My little brother was a bigger inconvenience to me than carrying a baby to term would be and i didn't shoot my brother. Save a life, make a childless couple happy, and move on with your life knowing you didn't murder a child.
    Make all the excuses you want, it's wrong. You're just selfish.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Ana (04-30-2012),Meagan (04-30-2012),Ryan~ (04-30-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    What about if the mom (or baby) become ill and the only way to save the mom is to abort it?
    Thats why I'm pro-choice. You can't force someone NOT to try and save their lives... Just saying.
    They can always Cesarian Section the baby and put it on an incubator.

My solution:

You don't want a baby....don't have sex, or use protection.
    You don't want to keep a baby, give it up for adoption.

There is no reason to kill a future-baby. Someone I know is pregnant and I saw the baby move the other day...I thought to myself "There is a tiny little person in there". How can people kill babies?

If you really want to be against abortion, watch a video of an abortion. You'll change your mind.

Pro-Choice.

A baby in no way is considered a "mistake". Would you consider yourself a mistake? Your parents? Your grandparents? Albert Einstein?

People really need to learn to see the good in every situation Sure you got raped, but now you have a baby who might grow up to be something one day. Or maybe one day you'll need a kidney or something and BOOM. The child can help. People don't think things through -.- Adoption is always an option. I would not be happy knowing I had a hand in killing a future-person.

Quote Originally Posted by Becka View Post
    I think if the baby isn't well in pregnancy, the person should abort it. But if it seems perfectly healthy, they should wait the pregnancy off until birth and adopt out. I don't see why they'd abort if the baby is healthy. If the baby has something wrong with it such as a medical condition that'd cost lots of money, or if the baby has something terribly wrong like. Being in pain all the time, I'd say abort.

I'm highly against abortion though.

So....if someone develops cancer at the age of 13, we should just kill them? So that we save money? That's a little sick, don't you think?
    you sounded an awful lot like Hitler there for a moment.

People who have mental illnesses are some of the nicest, sweetest people I have ever met.
    Last edited by Ryan~; 04-30-2012 at 04:22 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan~ For This Useful Post:

Ana (04-30-2012),bambi (06-04-2012),Lilac Tentacles (04-30-2012)