PDA

View Full Version : Paypal question...

crimson24
05-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Can someone be arrested for scamming on paypal if under 100$?

Just curious.I have a friend who scammed someone on paypal for about 60$...Can he be arrested?

Ronith
05-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Possibly.

I know paypal will find him and send him to collections.....

Scamming someone like that is really stupid.

Have him return the money, do the right thing.

crimson24
05-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Thats what I am telling him....I am genuinely concerned :) Thanks for letting me know

Lauren
05-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I have a friend that scammed someone for about ~$30 and they banned him from using PayPal but I'm not sure they did much else. Better to be safe than sorry, I'd advise him to return it. :/

Thejuke
05-23-2012, 06:13 AM
i doubt he will be arrest. at most his account will be deactivated and blacklisted. i don't think they are able to do anything else.

Becka
05-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Hm, ask Becka. She'd know.

Yes, yes I do.

Firstly, submit a refund request. If that doesn't work, go to the police. They SHOULD do their job and get your money back which will be his fine pretty much for stealing as it is stealing. They supposedly will contact PayPal and get him on the black list. His IP, Location w/e. If they have done it more than once, they can be arrested, yes.

I have known someone that has made very wrong choices in life, scamming OVER $10,000 dollars over Paypal just to buy rare items on RuneScape. He had jail time. He also had to do community service.

Ryan~
05-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Luka, that is not the topic of this thread. Please do not try to cause drama. If you have a problem, PM an admin.

Not trying to backseat mod here, but you did that on purpose.

Becka
05-23-2012, 06:09 PM
They asked if he could go to jail, not how to get someone blacklisted that scammed you. Didn't you scam someone out of about 60 dollars last year and spend it on NC? I think that's more relevant to his question than all of that was.

Umm, no. I didn't even purchase NC until this year and most of which was bought with NC cards from EB games. I didn't even start selling shit until September, plus I'm trusted and I'm a moderator on another site. This is why I had you blocked. Causing drama, plus lying about me and making fun of my real life situations. who the fuck are you to tell me that I am stupid in the brain? Who the fuck are you to tell me that I am fucked up for not being a lesbian to suit your needs or w/e? It's changing the way I think about my own health. I lost 15 pounds in a WEEK because of what you told me. I knew you were odd when I first met you, I didn't know you were also a trouble maker. I have enough sources from people on YouTube, like that ginger guy that says they have souls or w/e. He has given me 20 dollars over paypal for Minecraft. My friend Rob has given me 40 because I needed it for something on Ebay. I have good friends that will help me that actually make lots of money.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Luka, that is not the topic of this thread. Please do not try to cause drama. If you have a problem, PM an admin.

Not trying to backseat mod here, but you did that on purpose.

You aren't backseating at all, you're telling the truth and helping in a GOOD way. I thank you Ryan.

Azn
05-23-2012, 06:12 PM
It depends on how they stole it... Did this person log directly onto the account or tricked the person into sending the money?

Becka
05-23-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't do things on purpose! That would be mean.

You're cruel hearted. You've always been like that. If I asked if you the question "Would you kill an animal just for fun" You'd probably say yes. You did it on purpose and don't do it again. Because it isn't the SPAM section or the place to put shit that doesn't make sense.

Azn
05-23-2012, 06:26 PM
This is random but-
if you two hate each other, why is Luka including under your i♥u.

Becka
05-23-2012, 06:32 PM
This is random but-
if you two hate each other, why is Luka including under your i♥u.

Because I used to like her, she ruined that 'like' so now I'm making an ihu list (in my mind). Oh she's been ruining it for a while actually.

I'm sorry Stephanie, I am not being friends with someone or know someone who

1. Makes fun of the way I speak.
2. Makes fun of my intelligence.
3. Lies continuously about others and myself.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Fixed<3

Becka
05-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Oh Becky... you're right.

Don't you dare blame your so called 'drugs' for your actions. I've kept secrets for you, I've not lied once about our relationship, Oh because I'm that soft hearted you think it's funny to ruin my friendships with the people here currently. Obviously isn't going to work. At all.

Now if you don't mind, we're BOTH ruining this lovely persons thread.

SmokeToke
05-23-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure about the question above, but paypal will have the answers :)
& Becky is not a bad person.... :/

Becka
05-23-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure about the question above, but paypal will have the answers :)
& Becky is not a bad person.... :/

Yeah I wouldn't even steal a freakin' pretzel from the cupboard of my mother told me not to eat it.

Narkotiq
05-23-2012, 07:40 PM
They asked if he could go to jail, not how to get someone blacklisted that scammed you. Didn't you scam someone out of about 60 dollars last year and spend it on NC? I think that's more relevant to his question than all of that was.

That was random and rude. No one was pointing fingers but you certainly did... Now let's be adults here, answer the question that was asked and leave the thread.

If the person messages the support team at paypal then yes, action up to jail time can occur. For 60 bucks Im not sure but I know over $100 is a crime pretty much anywhere. They have the persons IP and pretty much anybody can be tracked down these days if they have a computer. SO yeah.. he should probably return it.. beats jail or a fine way more that $60

Becka
05-23-2012, 07:43 PM
No you aren't. Let's get off the thread and let this person get their answers for their question.

Meercat
05-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Are all these people speaking from experience when they say that you can go to the police about money scammed via Paypal?

I can't answer the question but I've been scammed of $70 on Paypal by someone previously on this forum, I gave up trying to get it back after Paypal told me I wasn't entitled to buyer protection and I wouldn't get the money back. e_e

robots
05-23-2012, 08:25 PM
l.o.l.

OP, how did the money get stolen? did he just get paid and the other person didn't go through with their end of the deal ?
and how was the money given? if it was via paypal gift there's less security and less of a chance that people would get involved

Harry Potter
05-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Considering the op asked this question a week ago and the amount of spam on this thread I will be closing it. I am sure the op has gotten all the info they need and Luka please no public accusations.