PDA

View Full Version : [Tips & Leaks] 📦 Amazon Seller/Vendor Central

Rook
03-13-2024, 11:51 PM
Hey guys! Do you use Amazon Seller or Vendor services for work or your own side hustle? Tired of Amazon, the big indie company that it truly is, putting up a stupid number of walls in your way when all you wanna do is make a few bucks? Yup, well, me too.

So, I’ve done some digging and along the way I’ve found a few Amazon tips and workarounds that have made my life so much easier. I’m here to pass a few of them along to hopefully help a few of you guys out on your journey.
For starters, I’d like to say that not ALL of these have been tested by me and it’s never promised to give you a positive effect on your sales or listing quality. Always back up your moves with your own research in your industry to decide what is best for you and your products.

Please keep in mind that what I have here barely touches the surface of some of the things I’ve dug up. I'm not great at writing tutorials, so feel free to DM me with questions. I’ll be continuously adding new stuff as I go, though I’ll be honest a lot of it may be locked behind post count and VIP status on clraik. My only requirement is that you have at least 50 posts on the forum OR VIP Status. Amazon can sometimes catch wind of some of these and patch them, so it’s best to not have all of them public.

Anyway, let’s get into it!

Back-end API URLs & Useful URLS
ReconciledDetails – API URL to pull the backend attributes of ASIN (even if it’s not in your catalog). Requires a Seller Central login. Don’t spam this, as it might eventually flag your account. This can be pretty useful for scraping if you have an alt Seller account you’re ok with ditching or if you need to do some competitor research.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Search Auto-Completion Results – API URL to pull the auto-completion search results. For example, if a customer types in “Red Bull”, this will show you the suggestions that pop up for them. You can use it to help form filler keywords until you’re able to do an audit for top keywords. There are 2 versions of this link, and they can give you different results. Replace “red bull” with your desired query.
- Link 1: [Only registered and activated users can see links] bull
- Link 2: [Only registered and activated users can see links] bull&suggestion-type=WIDGET&suggestion-type=KEYWORD&page-type=Gateway&alias=aps&site-variant=desktop&version=3&event=onkeypress&wc=&lop=en_US&last-prefix=red bull&avg-ks-time=18377&fb=1&plain-mid=1&client-info=amazon-search-ui
- Search Results Link:
[Only registered and activated users can see links] bull&crid=1W1BIIHBYPS05&sprefix=red bull%2Caps%2C77&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
Showcase URLs – Link the customer to your product with no competitor ads.
Direct URL to Main Image for any ASIN – Just replace the ASIN. This is great for Excel sheets for reports. Just concatenate the URL inside in an =img() and fill down to generate live images for all of your products in Excel.

- Rabbit Holes –
Some of these have almost no documentation or things I haven't had much of a chance to investigate more. They have potential, though, in the right hands.
Vendor Precedence – There are only like 2-3 mentions of Vendor Precedence on the internet. Period. You’ll find a few job descriptions sprinkled around LinkedIn of Amazon employees who have worked on it. You’ll do good trying to gain understanding of Vendor Precedence, though. If you have a Vendor Manager, see if you can dig into it there. You can gain complete ownership of your catalog’s content which will make your job updating listings effortless.
Priority Content Lockdown – Similar to vendor precedence, you can lock the content on your Brand Registered listings, the caveat being that you have to also lock your catalog. This means that you cannot introduce new items to your catalog, but if you don’t plan to this is an incredible way for you to lock in ownership for your listings. This requires a Vendor Manager, from my understanding.
RankFormer – Listwise Learning-to-Rank Using Listwide Labels

Compliance Ticketing Tips & Tricks
Some ways I have found to increase your chances of getting a higher ranking/more knowledgeable customer support agent.

I have significantly better luck calling Amazon Support between 2:15PM and 2:45PM PST. This seems like an oddly specific range to try and shoot for support, and I wish I had an answer as to why, but I don’t. I am assuming it has something to do with the time zones of their overseas support centers and a small window in which they are changing shifts.
When you call Amazon support, speak Spanish or broken English. They will most likely redirect your call to their Cuban call centers. From there, switch to English. You are more likely to be transferred to a support person who is more knowledgeable or higher ranking. I feel like a jerk when I do it, but when you're having trouble fixing something that is vital, sometimes you do what you gotta do.
If you’re having trouble getting someone to support you via a ticket, call and choose something related to taxes. You may get transferred, but it will most likely transfer you to someone who is higher ranking and more knowledgeable. This likely won’t work for catalog issues, however.

50+ Posts or VIP clraik Status Leaks –
DM me directly for any of the following leaks and tips. Please do not repost anything you are sent. Some of these might be patched if too many people start using them. I may move some of these out of VIP eventually? I'm not sure what interest will look like yet.
Internal Ranking Algorithm – while old and from 2017, they are still pretty relevant. It’s an internal PDF document. You’ll need to have it translated to English.
A9 Suppression Checks – a list of attributes and conditions Amazon checks for to determine whether or not to suppress a listing along with a list of flagged/forbidden words
How Amazon Rates/Scores reviewers – What Amazon looks for when they’re searching for fake reviewers and how they flag them
Attribute Importance – What attributes have the greatest weight on customer behavior according to Amazon’s internal research.
Inspect method to monitor competitor ads operations (I believe this still works, though it’s been a while since I’ve used it)
Using Javascript to “Save & Finish” even if there’s an attribute with an error on it that’s preventing you from saving.
Live PPC Performance Dashboard with Google Sheets
Business Ranking reverse engineered formula by category
ChatGPT Prompt to generate passible content
Custom request? Just ask! I may have something.