PDA

View Full Version : Going to See Demon Slayer in Theaters!

Munna
02-26-2024, 05:22 PM
I am going to be leaving here in about 2 hours to go see it and cannot be more excited! This anime truly has a special place in my heart.

I hope it doesn't leave me sobbing like the last one, though. :'D I know the rest of the series is going to HURT.

Happy to update with my thoughts but I'm curious who else is planning to go! ❤

Lyrichord
02-26-2024, 05:24 PM
I didn't realize it was coming out already! What is this? Season 4, or part of it? I haven't read the manga but was impressed with the first 3 seasons of the anime!

Nyu
02-26-2024, 05:58 PM
I kinda want to go see it, but I'm not sure, because I heard it's the last part of season 3 plus a bit (a preview?) of the next season.

I already finished the manga though, so I have an idea of what the movie will show :P

Delibird
02-26-2024, 06:38 PM
I saw it yesterday and the hype was real for the Hashira training arc. There's even a surprise!

GIANT SPOILER (READ AT YOUR OWN RISK)
There's a glimpse of the Infinity Castle and it's absolutely insane and was probably the best scene in the film.

Munna
02-26-2024, 06:41 PM
I kinda want to go see it, but I'm not sure, because I heard it's the last part of season 3 plus a bit (a preview?) of the next season.

I already finished the manga though, so I have an idea of what the movie will show :P

I like the experience of going in theaters where there are other people who like the anime. They are always really nice and it’s cool to have an experience like that on the big screen! The last movie was excellent too and seeing it in theaters meant not having to wait to steam it LOL.
Lyrichord - I haven’t read the whole series but generally know what happens hehe. It’s definitely a continuation from where this past season leaves off, but I’m not 100% sure on the chapters. :)

Munna
02-26-2024, 10:30 PM
Reporting back! I have mixed feelings haha :')

The movie was gorgeous and amazing of course. Perfect mix of heartfelt tearjerker and laughs, however the first probably 60% of the movie was a recap of all of the arcs and primarily the ending of the Swordsman Village arc pretty much frame per frame. I loved the storyline they continue onto which really sets the stage perfectly for the next arc, but it almost just felt like an extended trailer haha :') I don't know, it was worth seeing for sure but just not what I was expecting since I tried to go in blind. Nyu you definitely called this one though LOL.

KJiU
02-26-2024, 11:43 PM
My friends went on the 17th Feb for the fan screening haha but they just did it for the goodies & the Seiyu signed standie (the $150 package probably 111USD ) LOLs.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Premium Fan's Screening Package A: S$150
Fan's Screening Package B: S$100
Fan's Screening Package C: S$50

Premium Fan's Screening Package A includes:

1 x Seiyuu Acrylic Signature Card Set
1 x T-shirt (Choose 1 out of 5 Designs while stocks last)*
1 x A2 Poster
1 x W1 Japan Import Movie Booklet
1 x Sticker Set
*T-shirt Selection on site

Fan's Screening Package B includes:

1 x Seiyuu Acrylic Signature Card Set
1 x A2 Poster
1 x Sticker Set
Fan's Screening Package C includes:

1 x A2 Poster
1 x W1 Japan Import Movie Booklet
1 x Sticker Set

Dorkec
03-04-2024, 11:36 AM
How did you find it?

I felt abit let down by the movie.

But I did enjoy it as a whole/

Munna
03-05-2024, 06:04 PM
How did you find it?

I felt abit let down by the movie.

But I did enjoy it as a whole/

I am torn a little bit. I didn't realize the majority of the movie was going to be the end of last season frame per frame LOL. If I had waited to watch everything that happened until seeing the movie, I would've though it was a perfect 1000/10.

Charizard
03-05-2024, 07:13 PM
Honestly I wish I had another anime junky to go with because I'd love to see it theaters way too much. Even if it's just a sick recap!
I'm glad you still enjoyed it and thanks for sharing :$:$