PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: The Last Airbender (2024)

phantasia
02-22-2024, 10:11 AM
So the series is out. it feels very AI generated to me.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Thoughts?

I love real life way more than anime (IN GENERAL) so I would love to hear the other side
Let me start watching it and see

lint
02-22-2024, 11:48 AM
Well I think I just wet myself seeing June and her shirshu lol.

I'm gonna watch later, but it looks neat enough imo. I saw the Last Airbender movie when it came out (midnight showing RIP lol) so anything after that HAS to be good lol.

piitaahh
02-22-2024, 06:48 PM
I'll be watching next week.... I'm... cautiously optimistic. I mean, it'll have to at least be better than the movie that came out... right? lol...

Charizard
02-22-2024, 07:16 PM
We are definitely watching this tonight :$
I'm happy they at least call him ayng and not ong. I'm in rofl

Minerva
02-22-2024, 07:19 PM
The fighting/choreography already looks better in this trailer than it did in the movie-that-doesn't-exist.

Will echo being cautiously optimistic though!

Zombabe
02-22-2024, 07:38 PM
I'm watching this fresh as I've never seen the anime, off the bat I'm not a fan of Aang's casting. Cute kid, but very emotionally flat.
Appa's CG looks nicely done and I'm enjoying the pacing of the storyline, so I'll continue to watch the series.

Side note, Uncle Iroh is the biggest sweetheart. Friend's who have watched the anime report that he was well cast <3

Shinx
02-22-2024, 08:49 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic. I've been watching shorts on tiktok and I have been getting excited about it. I hope it's good! I just love the casting for Iroh 10/10

Infected
02-23-2024, 05:13 AM
That first movie was traumatising so I'm assuming anything's better than that lol. I'll wait for reviews before watching this.

phantasia
02-23-2024, 06:49 AM
well I am half way. I feel that the series is good. I think the roles are well cast. The costumes are good. The story line is the same as the anime version for the most part with just slight variations.

Hollow
02-23-2024, 07:07 AM
I binge watched this yesterday and my thoughts on this are it's pretty decent. I think one of my biggest grips is *SPOILERS*

Why isn't Azula's firebending blue? I feel like she's also kind of out of character. In the OG series shes calm, collected and conniving. She has a plan for everything and never wavers. We only see her start to slip at the end of book 3. But not only that Ozai has always favoured Azula over Zuko, so it's interesting to see how he was praising Zuko for finding the avatar. Also in the OG series Azula is a prodigy that shows off her firebending talents in front of Azulon - in which Ozai asks her to do (we don't see this in book 1). When she's training in the Fire Nation he's kind of belittling her about? Something we don't see him doing until he tries to become the Phoenix King (lmao) in book 3.

I do however like Zuko's portrayal in this! And while I thought this was okay it was 100x better than the movie that does not exist in Ba Sing Se, so props to the team for making sure it didn't end up anything like that xD I am curious to see how they adapt book 2 and 3 though!

One thing to add is that I found Aangs and Katara's acting kind of one dimensional and somewhat... lacking? Sokka was great though.

nestlepak
03-12-2024, 12:34 AM
it was so bad :( i dont get how it came off feeling so low budget when it had one of the biggest budgets in tv history. i think ive lost faith in the avatar remake category

Sqork
03-12-2024, 02:32 AM
I honestly loved the Netflix series but havent seen the movie yet. y'all got me not even wanting to watch it now :onthego:

Munna
04-04-2024, 11:23 AM
I would have to agree that there is something unsettling about the trailer that I can't quite put my finger on hahaha. I admittedly am still partial to the animated series. I'm not one for live action 99.9% of the time. :smilet-digitalpoint

Junellie
04-04-2024, 08:45 PM
All I can say is, at least it's better than the movie :P