PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Presents February 27th

Politoed
02-20-2024, 06:44 AM
Did somebody say Pokémon Presents? 👀
Tune in to our official YouTube channel at 6:00 a.m. PST on February 27th to view exciting Pokémon news in celebration of Pokémon Day 2024! 🎉
See you there, Trainers!

Anyone else excited but keeping hopes high or low?

Excalibur
02-20-2024, 07:06 AM
Anyone else excited but keeping hopes high or low?

keeping them really really low. been on a pokemon downfall as of late while i liked new SV elements it just didnt hit. Considerably only debating on spending my money either on plush or cards atm. even reviews on YT with japans pokemon centers arent hitting the spot anymore tbh..

they got lazy and im not a fan.

Infected
02-20-2024, 08:05 AM
keeping them really really low. been on a pokemon downfall as of late while i liked new SV elements it just didnt hit. Considerably only debating on spending my money either on plush or cards atm. even reviews on YT with japans pokemon centers arent hitting the spot anymore tbh..

they got lazy and im not a fan.

I saw a tweet the other day that said Pokemon is currently going through their garbage era lol, and I agree.

The Pokemon presents might just reveal the rumoured let's go games or remakes in some form.

Pidgey
02-20-2024, 08:41 AM
I saw a tweet the other day that said Pokemon is currently going through their garbage era lol, and I agree.

The Pokemon presents might just reveal the rumoured let's go games or remakes in some form.

I'm gonna piggy back off what Excalibur said
With palworld giving them some competition maybe we will see better games moving forward.
They've copy and pasted so much and the quality has tanked. So I'm hopeful.
But I've seen what they pass off as finished product... and I'm constantly disappointed.

So we will see. Fingers crossed.

Arcanine
02-20-2024, 09:04 AM
I really try not to get my hopes up for these, that way if it's actually something decent they announce I can get excited for it lol.

But who knows at this point.

Alcremie
02-20-2024, 09:54 AM
Expecting the worst hoping for the best, shame really cuz this is how I feel about most things in general now LOL
Big doubt on PW doing anything on making GF more competitive as it fell off in less than a month like TemTem, etc. did as well.

We'll have to see. I like the idea of Legends Johto but maybe the legends game was a once in a lifetime thing like Let's Go. Who's to say. I've been following leaks but nothing concrete at this point in time.

Politoed
02-20-2024, 10:54 AM
Honestly I agree with you all, I like SV but I havent even finished the game or bought the dlc yet. I just dont feel it that much.

Guil
02-20-2024, 11:18 AM
i would love a new legends game, but yeah i echo what everyone else has been saying, pokemon hasnt been getting me hype lately. i never even got SV lol

Infected
02-20-2024, 11:33 AM
i would love a new legends game, but yeah i echo what everyone else has been saying, pokemon hasnt been getting me hype lately. i never even got SV lol

If I'm being ambitious, I'd love to see the pokeball throwing/catching system implemented into the next gen mainline game.

Jackalope
02-20-2024, 11:40 AM
My hopes are low but I've started trying to pick Legends Arceus back up and it was wild what difference there was from that to SV even. Maybe I'll be happy for another Legends but on the trend they're on it'll just be half finished even compared to SV. The worst part is I'm so desperate for Pokemon games that I will absolutely end up buying whatever they put out and continuing to be a part of the problem.
I don't like gun based games so Pokemon Gun holds no appeal to me so I can't even defect to Palworld.

Misha
02-20-2024, 12:04 PM
My hopes are low but I'd like a Gen 1 remake with only the original 151 for switch. I liked S/V but preferred the GMax element of Sw/Sh

Buizel
02-20-2024, 12:15 PM
I hate to make this about Palworld, but there isn't any other game I can use to get my point across, so:

Fan have been BEGGING GameFreak to make a game similar to Palworld (without all the guns and all that; and it doesn't even need base building). Just a game we can go around, actually do what we want and explore with our Pokemon.
They almost got it right with Arceus, but even then, they still tried to stick to their original game format, so it just didn't hit the same...Like others said, I'm so burnt out on newer worse games or the remakes they've been putting out
I already played Pokemon X and Y, I don't want a remake of it, for example.

Unfortunately, my expectations are low as well. :(

Swablu
02-20-2024, 02:27 PM
Give me my black and white remakes already!

Jackalope
02-20-2024, 02:43 PM
I already played Pokemon X and Y, I don't want a remake of it, for example.

Me: absolutely dying for an XY remake.

That said warmed up leftovers from when they used to make good games have started to sound really good compared to the uncooked garbage we get now...

Munna
02-20-2024, 03:33 PM

Honestly, Legends Arceus has been my favorite Pokemon game in such a long time! I hope we can start to expect more from them, but to be honest too many people will buy their low effort copy paste projects. I wish they did something super fresh and carefully crafted like SoulSilver and HeartGold. Those are my favorite games to this day!

Alister
02-20-2024, 03:42 PM
Low expectations from me, but my #1 wish would be Legends Arceus DLC or a sequel. Second, even more farfetched wish: A PMD: Explorers of Time Switch remake or port.

jumb0
02-21-2024, 12:39 AM
I'm keeping my expectations low so any announcement would be exciting for me.

Herb
02-21-2024, 05:19 AM
Very excited no idea what to expect :D

Alcremie
02-27-2024, 09:16 AM
Nothing for new games except..... Pokemon Legends ZA "Urban redevelopment" based in Kalos releasing in 2025...hmmmm. At least no new game this year. So they're working on it lol. I love Kalos so those wanting some sort of Kalos there ya go!! Excited to see more in later directs.

Herb
02-27-2024, 09:39 AM
What kind of game is Pokemon Legends ZA? Will it be the same type of game as Pokemon Legends Arceus??
Comes out same year as the Nintendo Switch 2 interesting

Arcanine
02-27-2024, 09:42 AM
Huh, i am certainly interested to learn more about Legends ZA. I loved the Kalos regions.

I'm also really unsure about the new mobile card game app? XD The cardboard crackhead in me says download it, and I probably will at least for the immersive art.

Alcremie
02-27-2024, 09:47 AM
What kind of game is Pokemon Legends ZA? Will it be the same type of game as Pokemon Legends Arceus??
Comes out same year as the Nintendo Switch 2 interesting

No idea but people are speculating. The trailer just showed a bunch of mainly gen 6 pokemon in a blueprint-like setting in Lumiose. I'm sure we will see more in a future direct. Hopefully for the switch 2. Sources say S2 will be announced in March and delayed to releasing in early 2025. I'm guesssssing this game comes out early 2025 as well.

Pidgey
02-27-2024, 09:48 AM
Lackluster :/

Styx
02-27-2024, 09:48 AM
I can't figure out what ZA might mean in relation to Gen V?

Edit: Gen VI, rather.

Pidgey
02-27-2024, 09:55 AM
I can't figure out what ZA might mean in relation to Gen V?

Rebranding A-Z ? No idea. Was looking forward to more.
Hyped this up for no real reason.

Infected
02-27-2024, 10:56 AM
The ZA art looks like Zygarde to me.

Alister
02-27-2024, 12:16 PM
Legends style game, sign me the hell up if it's anything like PL: A's gameplay.

Mothman
02-27-2024, 12:30 PM
The curveball that gen 6 was is crazy but im pumped. i was really hoping for virtual console gen1/2/3 but.. holding out delusional hope that they announce that later :P

Excalibur
02-27-2024, 01:42 PM
so. personal thoughts. XY games were lazy in comparison to gen 3/4

who in their minds outright give you a lucario without trying.

anyways cool thoughts: megas are back.

im hoping they put heart and soul into this...

obviously i wanted a heart gold and soul silver but i wont knock it yet.

Buizel
02-27-2024, 01:53 PM
Thank goodness Zygrade is getting his respect!! :grief: He really got shafted in X and Y as a side mission, and his forms are pretty cool too.

Alcremie
02-27-2024, 02:12 PM
Happy to see the positivity re gen 6. B&W got B&W2 and SM got USUM...XY got nothing. XY is when I started playing again but that was 10 years ago now so I don't remember much, but what I do remember is there being a lot of history that wasn't really expanded upon. Hopefully they do something about that. From now on until release there is going to be so many speculations on who could be getting new mega forms. Mega Incineroar for the laughs and pleeease mega Milotic or something. But this has turned into me coping sooooo no more of that lol.

Just happy there's no (knock on wood) ILCA remakes or anything coming out this year tbh. Totally had us fooled with all of their gen 2 and 5 tweets. I was looking forward to something Johto related as well. However, it looks like they listened to their sales. I didn't think they'd make another legends game. I think it's cool that they are making another one.

Delibird
02-27-2024, 02:35 PM
No Gen 2 remake??? I was really hoping for that this time around...not a B/W remake/Legends lmao

pillowfighter
02-27-2024, 02:39 PM
Soooo excited about mega evolutions coming back!!! I was really bummed when they stopped using it

Buizel
02-27-2024, 04:18 PM
Mega Evos were one of the gimmicks I actually liked in Pokemon :o_o: The crystal thing and gigamaxing weren't that exciting...they should convert the gigamaxes to mega evos if they plan to integrate Gen 8+ pokemon in this remake.

Charizard
02-27-2024, 04:45 PM
I can be Mega again?? :o_o:

billytiddles
02-27-2024, 07:37 PM
I'm excited for the Pokemon Sleep updates! Anyone left playing? :D

Will be interesting how they release the legendaries, hopefully they don't add some wacky power creep to the game... Not that it matters much for a sleep app.

Ariealle
02-27-2024, 08:48 PM
seriously LOVED XY personally. X is the first pokemon I ever played, beat, and felt so satisfied after that really got me wanting to play more of the games. I didn't really play pokemon growing up, I had other games to play... but! this is exciting to say the least. I know people said it was too easy, but like, idk otherwise, and I put a good 150 hours or so in the game, so I'm ready!

Alcremie
02-28-2024, 09:57 AM
I'm excited for the Pokemon Sleep updates! Anyone left playing? :D

Will be interesting how they release the legendaries, hopefully they don't add some wacky power creep to the game... Not that it matters much for a sleep app.

I still play but was disappointed when I saw legendaries are getting introduced. I'm probably just going to ignore that part of the missions. I will try to get a Dedenne when they release it though. It has a power up where you have a higher chance of a "critical" cook, I think. Plus Dedenne is CUTE haha

Raposa
02-29-2024, 12:42 AM
Yeah, there's egg on my face big time right now. I take Pokémon very seriously, to the point of being "that guy" when it comes to theories and speculation. I don't watch announcements, avoid looking at any and all information about a new game until it's physically in my hands.

Any time people went on about "Pokémon Z" I'd just laugh and go "yeah dude, no chance. They're not addressing Kalos again for many more years, and it's gonna have nothing to do with Z. They're gonna revisit Unova first. Also, other than PoGo, megas are dead. Sorry." When the subject of a new Legends would come up, it was "they don't revisit gimmicks. Move on.""

I woke up from a nap right after the Presents was over and opened Instagram. First post immediately humbled me.

Never touched Pokémon Sleep for some reason. Maybe I should get on that.

Infected
02-29-2024, 04:57 AM
There's still a rumour we may get a more traditional remake along side legends, the same way LA and BDSP cam out the same year. The thought is that those remakes require a shorter marketing cycle nd thus have not been announced yet.

Jackalope
02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Everyone: disappointed
Me: screaminging. crying, throwing up with excitement
Legends Z-A is literally EXACTLY what I hoped for aaaaaaaaaaa
XY was CLEARLY built to have Z and it just never happened. I want to know what the hell was going on with the “No, you’re not the one.” ghost girl in Lumoise. I need more AZ lore. I want this in my bones. I'm literally so excited. XY has been my favorite games since they came out, not at all hurt by the introduction of Pumpkaboo my sweet little gourd.

Also I can't get over how they always be putting sneaky shit in these games.