PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here play Marapets ???

oddish
02-11-2024, 07:18 PM
I have an account that I used to be really active on
But then I went back to neopets and let my poor character rot

I was gonna go back but I keep hearing bad stuff about the owner and mods ?? Idk

Does anyone here play or is it a dying site now?

SimplyVexing
02-13-2024, 01:56 AM
It's a fun site if you ignore the shitty owner. Overall I'd say it's better than Neopets from a collecting standpoint, because so many thing reward you and it's way easier to train your pets.

Buizel
02-13-2024, 02:41 AM
It's a fun site if you ignore the shitty owner. Overall I'd say it's better than Neopets from a collecting standpoint, because so many thing reward you and it's way easier to train your pets.

Out of curiosity, what has the owner done?

Rattata
02-13-2024, 02:46 AM
Oh yeah Ian is crazyyyy. I used to be in the coding/art side of virtual pets sites for a while and he was always notorious for how he treated staff. I never worked with him directly myself lol but you hear things...

oddish
02-13-2024, 11:17 AM
Yeah see I liked those boxes you could buy to auto price your shop
It's tedious stocking a shop on neopets 😭

I've just heard that Ian and staff are really rude to everyone
I'm not sure of anything else lol

TipsyTay
03-24-2024, 03:03 AM
I've been playing on/off. I really enjoy it compared to neo tbh it just feels like it has more stuff to keep me occupied?

I also heard Ian is a bit weird lol never really see him around though

oddish
04-23-2024, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I really enjoy a lot of the stuff the site has to offer !
Making dolls was always my favorite but I find myself no longer logging on >__< ;

DrSloth
04-23-2024, 06:17 PM
I'm almost only playing marapets lately, i just love how there's stuff for you to do around the clock if you have the spare time, i've been playing for a long time but most of that time i was inactive.

Indeed Ian seems to be less active than he used to, but there's still a few events here in there with new items to keep us entertained, i really wish neo would mimic some of the marapets features, autopricing and the item search engine would be a life change on neo.

I've been working on upgrading my collections on mara and oh boy that's a long list of things to complete!!!

oddish
04-23-2024, 06:34 PM
I'm almost only playing marapets lately, i just love how there's stuff for you to do around the clock if you have the spare time, i've been playing for a long time but most of that time i was inactive.

Indeed Ian seems to be less active than he used to, but there's still a few events here in there with new items to keep us entertained, i really wish neo would mimic some of the marapets features, autopricing and the item search engine would be a life change on neo.

I've been working on upgrading my collections on mara and oh boy that's a long list of things to complete!!!

Agreed! I love the auto pricing option, even if neo made us pay for it Id be so happy to have it over there lol

DrSloth
04-23-2024, 06:57 PM
Agreed! I love the auto pricing option, even if neo made us pay for it Id be so happy to have it over there lol

and honestly this would be really good for the economy in general, i have over 40k items in my sdb that i dont even attemp selling because i'm too lazy to price, i'd definetly sell them if they made the process easier.
maybe release it as a premium feature of something.

oddish
04-23-2024, 07:05 PM
and honestly this would be really good for the economy in general, i have over 40k items in my sdb that i dont even attemp selling because i'm too lazy to price, i'd definetly sell them if they made the process easier.
maybe release it as a premium feature of something.

100% agree !
I give mega respect to anyone who frequently updates their shops and prices
I haven't got a clue how they do it lol

DrSloth
04-23-2024, 07:10 PM
100% agree !
I give mega respect to anyone who frequently updates their shops and prices
I haven't got a clue how they do it lol

i have a pricer script but it goes item by item and usually takes ages to update, so i use it but for nerks and codestones only, because it would be super time consuming pricing lots of stuff