PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite thing to do while playing Pokémon?

oddish
02-10-2024, 05:56 PM
Meaning what do you spend your time doing when you play?

Do you focus on collecting gym badges and following the story
Do you spend your time shiny hunting
Do you prefer trying to trade your pokemon
Do you try and complete all the little side quests
Do you hunt and fill your entire pokedex up

For me, I really enjoy shiny hunting most!
I get so excited seeing my slightly different colored ✨️ pokemon ✨️

I'm curious what you all enjoy doing most as well

Alcremie
02-10-2024, 06:04 PM
I like adventuring the land while filling pokedex entries. Also double battles and the battle tower if the game has one :D

Shinx
02-10-2024, 06:12 PM
Shiny hunting, or finding my favourite pokemon and collecting an absurd amount of them lol

Politoed
02-10-2024, 06:27 PM
Odd thing I like to have an all-female team usually, dont know 100% when I started. I think when I found out that lot female pokemon are rare I got that in my head.

oddish
02-10-2024, 07:06 PM
Odd thing I like to have an all-female team usually, dont know 100% when I started. I think when I found out that lot female pokemon are rare I got that in my head.

Whaaaaat?
I'm going to fixate on this now when I run into wild pokemon 😂

Peaches_and_Mocha
02-10-2024, 07:16 PM
I like giving my Pokémon themed names. One time I had them all weed themed (dank, big toke...). It's funny when I go back to my old games and see the silly names I came up with

Politoed
02-10-2024, 11:48 PM
Whaaaaat?
I'm going to fixate on this now when I run into wild pokemon 😂

Its hard to get a female starter too from the beginning least it used to be!

Patamon
02-11-2024, 12:42 AM
I usually follow along with the story and go on little side adventures to fill my pokedex! i tend to immerse myself and get attached to whatever team i end up making :p i don't usually focus too much on like what pokemon are powerful or what qualities to have on my team. i wouldn't even know the first thing about it tbh ;-;

Infected
02-11-2024, 03:42 AM
Shiny hunting and ranked battles mainly. But tera has made ranked battles a bit irritating for me tbh

UCWerelupe
02-11-2024, 02:30 PM
I usually just go for cool looking pokemon and focus on evolving. I try to keep away from news about the games beforehand so that most new pokemon are a surprise while I am playing.

Cinnamoroll
02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
I like to focus on getting badges done and out of the way. Then I try (key word try) to fill the Pokédex. I really enjoy mystery/surprise/wonder trading. It’s so fun to me LOL. I also do enjoy doing raids in Scarlet/Violet when they want to work properly 😂😭

I wanna get into shiny hunting but it’s a lot of work and patience I don’t have. I know that honeycomb is a shiny hunter. I need her to teach me the ways :o_o:

oddish
02-11-2024, 03:47 PM
I like to focus on getting badges done and out of the way. Then I try (key word try) to fill the Pokédex. I really enjoy mystery/surprise/wonder trading. It’s so fun to me LOL. I also do enjoy doing raids in Scarlet/Violet when they want to work properly 😂😭

I wanna get into shiny hunting but it’s a lot of work and patience I don’t have. I know that honeycomb is a shiny hunter. I need her to teach me the ways :o_o:

I've tried the wonder trading but I kept getting chewtles 😭😭

Cinnamoroll
02-11-2024, 03:48 PM
I've tried the wonder trading but I kept getting chewtles 😭😭

I’ve gotten very lucky before and have gotten shinies or legendaries before! It just is random luck.

oddish
02-11-2024, 03:50 PM
I’ve gotten very lucky before and have gotten shinies or legendaries before! It just is random luck.

Only one time I was lucky!
Back when I played shield someone sent me a shiny zamazenta ;__;

lint
02-11-2024, 05:53 PM
The absolute GOATed activity for me is playing Pearl/Diamond/Platinum and making poffins and entering my pokemon in those beauty contests. I wish they still had those in the newer games after that. It was so fun collecting the junk my pokemon picked up in the parks and trying to match the theme.