PDA

View Full Version : Cupid's Candygrams!

Cupid
02-02-2024, 08:10 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Cupid's Candy Grams!

Guess who’s back? Back again? Cupid’s back… tell all your cK friends!

The month of love is upon us, and that means it is time to spread some care and positivity to those near and far. And as much as I love to be the sole bringer of all things warm and fuzzy, I need your help once again!

Cupid’s Candygrams! Get your Cupid Candygrams here!

Want to share your appreciation for someone you love? Or maybe you’re too shy to strike up a conversation with someone new around the forum? Perhaps you have a Romeo and Juliet style sonnet you want to share, but are too afraid to reveal your identity? No problem, I gotchu! And so do my helpers, Charmander , Cinnamoroll and Lyrichord. After all, I am a very busy cherub. All you have to do is go to the candy gram delivery thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and spill your heart out, and we will take care of the rest!

But Cupid, what is this?!
Aren’t you observant! This is the candy part of the candygram! You may see some candy hearts popping up around the forum once all of your candygrams start to appear. Don’t be shy; by all means, indulge in your sweet tooth! But… I do wonder what these little hearts are for, and how we can make sure they keep appearing?

Remember, what goes around, comes around…

Starting from today you have until 11:59pm PST on February 15, 2024 to send candygrams and to collect candy hearts!

So, my little love bugs… Are you ready to spread some sweetness into our community? Great! I do have one last important detail to mention, though…

Here are some reminders when writing candygrams to others:

• If you know somebody off-site, be sure your compliments don’t include personal information that could be connected to real life or Neopets identities.
• Tone and context cannot always be conveyed through text, even if you mean well, if the message is questionable, it might not be posted.
• While the messages will be anonymous, we will have a way of checking the posters of anything particularly egregious. Anonymity is a privilege – don't abuse it.
• The messages will be public, so don't write anything you don't want the world to know even if your name isn't attached!

To start sharing some love, head over to Cupid's Candy Gram Delivery Thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Cinnamoroll
02-02-2024, 09:37 PM
I love all of the love that is already being spread around by everyone! :korbie_blush:

Shinx
02-02-2024, 09:48 PM
This is amazing! Thanks to all behind the scenes to make sharing the love possible! Love seeing all the love!

Charmander
02-02-2024, 09:51 PM
"I love, love!"

Don't forget you can share more love by sending messages on the Valentines bar that users are sporting in their stacks!

Just remember you need to be friends to do so. Remember that these messages on the UB are not anonymous. So make some friends and spread some love.

Guil
02-02-2024, 10:18 PM
Ooooh how cute! I wasnt around last year so glad this is making a comeback!

Kon
02-03-2024, 03:30 AM
Ahh! I'm really happy this is back. I remember seeing all the love being spread around last year with these candy grams!
I definitely wanted to send out a few, but since I was slowly getting back involved with the forum, and I was feeling a bit shy.
Since it's been a year since then, I've definitely become more comfortable with everyone and can't wait to spread some love! :D
Thank you to everyone behind the scenes, y'all are amazing! <3

Rattata
02-03-2024, 05:08 AM
This is so cute and everyone is super sweet ;_; thanku

TsUNaMy WaVe
02-03-2024, 09:37 AM
Cupid is back, yay! :D

ampharos
02-03-2024, 10:26 AM
This is so fun, it's my first time participating in all the forum events, thank you!

tsareena
02-03-2024, 11:38 AM
oh this is so cute!! :tickled_pink: i joined the forum a few days ago not knowing anyone or anything about this community, but i was immediately shown SO much and already feel like a part of this lovely community ‹𝟹

the timing is too perfect! excited to return all the love to everyone! ᰔ ⊹ ˚₊ :tickled_pink:

a huge thanks to Cupid and their helpers! :tickled_pink:

Swablu
02-03-2024, 11:41 AM
Thank you for making this possible again this year!

Delibird
02-03-2024, 12:15 PM
Love seeing all the love this year. Appreciate all of you <3

Decepticon
02-03-2024, 12:22 PM
I missed it last year, so thank you for bringing it back this year! I'm loving spreading some love around

DarkSkies
02-03-2024, 12:36 PM
Happy to see this coming back, so much love around let them out :tiger:

chii3d
02-03-2024, 12:36 PM
I love when cupid returns!! I am such a fan :korbie_blush::korbie_blush: *squish*

Cinnamoroll
02-03-2024, 12:37 PM
So happy everyone is tickled pink!

Lyrichord
02-03-2024, 08:33 PM
Cupid has already delivered 500 messages - I love to see it! Keep them coming!! 🩷

I've got my quill and inkpot ready. :$ One of my absolute favorite times of the year around here!

Ariealle
02-04-2024, 11:14 AM
not sure where else to post this, but I wanted to thank anyone who sent me a Cupid message. they're all really sweet. thank you for sharing the love. I wish I could thank you individually, but we know that's not possible. please accept my thanks and just know that they've made my day entirely. thank you thank you thank you. :love_heart:

Hydrapple
02-05-2024, 01:59 AM
This is a srsly awesome idea thanks!
Legit made me smile while i was having a not so great day :)

Misha
02-05-2024, 07:30 PM
Whoops I posted in the wrong thread lol, thank you for doing this!

Este
02-06-2024, 06:30 AM
this is SO CUTE, thank you so much for organizing it!! 🥺💖 (i really want to take part but i'm confused about how we send the messages fewlkfelw)

Lyrichord
02-06-2024, 06:35 AM
this is SO CUTE, thank you so much for organizing it!! 🥺💖 (i really want to take part but i'm confused about how we send the messages fewlkfelw)

Este
02-06-2024, 06:43 AM

thank you so much!!

Rowlet
02-06-2024, 10:14 PM
How strange...I had the userbar unlocked but I looked just now and it appears to have disappeared? Does anyone know why this might be?

SomeClown
02-06-2024, 11:52 PM
This really makes me wonder how most of us survived on the forums growing up. Literally just spamming about pet sites, and sharing Ebaums clips. (we didn't have crazy activities that derive from amazing coding)

I appreciate this community, and wish i could send a site wide candygram <3

Cinderella
02-07-2024, 12:11 AM
If my userbar changed does that mean I've collected all 5 hearts? I thought I had 3 hearts and 2 you're too slow to click hearts? haha

Cinnamoroll
02-07-2024, 12:18 AM
If my userbar changed does that mean I've collected all 5 hearts? I thought I had 3 hearts and 2 you're too slow to click hearts? haha

If you have the blue candy hearts background yes. If not, then you were given a different variant that has nothing to do with collecting hearts!

- - - Updated - - -

How strange...I had the userbar unlocked but I looked just now and it appears to have disappeared? Does anyone know why this might be?

There was a glitch with some of the bars - it’s been fixed now!

Lyrichord
02-07-2024, 12:21 AM

There are 4 versions (variants) of the userbar related to sending notes through Cupid: Lotsa Hearts, Burnin' Hot, Too Cool, and So Goth.

Collecting the hearts is for a new variant: Candy Gram

Good luck finding the last couple hearts!

Rowlet, there was a glitch, but things are good to go now. Cupid is ready!

And, Cinna beat me to it. :)

Guil
02-07-2024, 01:31 PM
I wanna post here to say THANK YOU so much for all the lovely messages, they have really made me smile over the last week <3

lint
02-07-2024, 01:39 PM
If you have the blue candy hearts background yes. If not, then you were given a different variant that has nothing to do with collecting hearts!

- - - Updated - - -

There was a glitch with some of the bars - it’s been fixed now!

Mine has disappeared :'( and is still gone. To confirm, the bar isn't going away, just likely a glitch?

Cinnamoroll
02-07-2024, 03:26 PM
Mine has disappeared :'( and is still gone. To confirm, the bar isn't going away, just likely a glitch?

Have you continued to send out candygrams?

lint
02-07-2024, 06:44 PM
Have you continued to send out candygrams?

I did over the weekend, but haven't recently. I'll spread some love and see what happens.

Cupid
02-07-2024, 09:30 PM
Hello my little lovelies of clraik! It is making my heart so full to see all of the love being shared around the forum! It has only been a short 5 days and already the community is close to beating last years' number of messages of kindness, support and love. With all of these messages flying about, my wings have been doing their best to keep up. I am hoping to be around a bit more here after delivering more of your heart felt messages!

In my dashing, darting and deliveries, there seemed to form a glitch in the matrix and some users were incorrectly awarded the Valentine's userbar. My apologies for that! The glitch has been patched. Remember, you need to send a certain a mount of messages to access my lovely Valentine's bar. The same goes for the colorful variants that are available! You will be greatly awarded based your participation in the current year. So get out there and share the love! I also see you have found my little trail of candy hearts! Well done you smart cookies!

There are 7 days to go before a well deserved vacation I have booked to rest my wings. Maybe there are some users out there that you haven't had a chance to reach out to ever, or maybe you don't know what to say. Now is the chance to reach out and send a little message. :korbie_blush:

Back to work for now!

Lots of Love

Cupid

Lyrichord
02-10-2024, 11:24 PM
We have officially blasted through our 2023 Cupid message record! Keep sending those notes out to get the latest two versions added by Bat recently!

Thanks for sharing the love, cK! 🩷

Bunnii
02-11-2024, 02:36 AM
We have officially blasted through our 2023 Cupid message record! Keep sending those notes out to get the latest two versions added by Bat recently!

Thanks for sharing the love, cK! 🩷

Another year wiser, another year stronger! Strength in numbers! So glad to be a part of this record. I hope that Cupid's messages are putting a smile on everyone's face like they are mine!!

Buizel
02-11-2024, 05:55 AM

Damn, not TNT making their own cupid thread lol :emmersed:

Charmander
02-11-2024, 11:31 PM

I hear that imitation is the greatest form of flattery!💞

What a great examples this lovely community his setting 🩷🧡💛💚💙🩵💜🤎🤍

Just a few more days left to send those messages of kindess before Cupid's busiest day!💌

Lyrichord
02-12-2024, 12:13 AM

It's not the first time they've used one of cK's ideas, either! First was when they added the egg hunting to the Festival of Neggs site theme on the Neopian home page.:rolleyes:

Glad to see the idea spreading joy into Neopia! 🩷

Buizel
02-12-2024, 12:33 AM
It's not the first time they've used one of cK's ideas, either! First was when they added the egg hunting to the Festival of Neggs site theme on the Neopian home page.:rolleyes:

Glad to see the idea spreading joy into Neopia! 🩷

/void userbar comes out
TNT: Hey guys, look at our new void themed plot coming soon :emmersed:

/s

Aero
02-12-2024, 03:21 AM
omg cupid posted a visitor message on my profile <3

there's no option to post one back on their profile, so i will just put it here Cupid

bubbles88
02-12-2024, 01:41 PM
Love this!!!! Such a sweet little gesture to wake up to. thanks for spreading positivity ^-^

Cupid
02-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Hello my sweet friends! Only one more sleep until my big day! ❤️ you still have time to submit your messages of kindness to ensure they make it to their destination! After the 15th I'll be taking a well deserved rest!

FlyHard
02-14-2024, 12:28 AM
thanks for the valentines message on my profile cupid! :D

Styx
02-14-2024, 03:44 AM
Thank you to all those who sent me Valentine's messages! They're all so sweet, and they made my day. I appreciate all of you. 💕

Thank you for organizing this event, Cupid, Charmander, and Cinnamoroll!

hellraid
02-14-2024, 03:53 AM
This has been a really nice thing. It's been lovely to get some compliments. Rare occurance in todays society I think. It's also been nice giving them! February has not been as depressing as it usually is :3

Cinnamoroll
02-14-2024, 06:56 PM
It’s not too late to get in some last minute valentines messages!

Jackalope
02-15-2024, 12:19 PM
I'm over hear tearing up from the sweet welcome back messages people have sent me through Cupid. It's so lovely to be back and you've given me the warmest possible welcome. <3

Alena
02-15-2024, 02:43 PM
It was such a happy surprise seeing that message. ;; Thank you so much, it was the perfect ending to my day <3

soupwithnoodles
02-15-2024, 07:25 PM
Logged on today to see that I got a candygram!!!! Thank you so much to whoever gave me one! I wasn't expecting it at all since I don't post much on site cause I'm kinda shy. It made my day! :)

Cinnamoroll
02-15-2024, 09:48 PM
I am so thrilled that so much love and light has been spread these last couple weeks 💌

Cupid
02-16-2024, 03:16 PM
Be still my beating wings! Two thousand and seven hundred messages were sent over the past two weeks! Thank you everyone for sharing the love. From puns and welcome backs to admirations and affirmations, this community sent such happy messages I can rest my bow and arrow until next year.

Thank you to my lil' cuties Charmander, Cinnamoroll and Lyrichord for helping me with this record setting amount of messages and answering your questions while I was hard at work.

Now I must depart, but I hope to see all of you again soon! Don't forget to be kind to each other while I am away!

Love, Cupid

cyan
02-18-2024, 08:54 PM
thank you thank you to those who organized and sent me a candy gram :tickled_pink: