PDA

View Full Version : Ryu showing a skull animation?

Alister
01-24-2024, 10:48 AM
I just noticed Mimikryu is showing interacting with a lil skull instead of their visitor. They've got full hearts, their stars are around half full since they just re-rolled, and their visiting Ryu pal looks healthy as well. Why is my little dude so sad, did I miss a release? AM I A TERRIBLE PARENT

Guil
01-24-2024, 10:50 AM
i just noticed this with someone else's ryu and was gonna make a post, i got the ryu back to full but still happening. wonder if its a gitch?

Bat
01-24-2024, 11:00 AM
Uh oh! Your Ryugotchis caught something 🤒

Ariealle
01-24-2024, 11:02 AM
I was just coming to post lol! i saw this on Guil:

[Only registered and activated users can see links] and was like, oh no!! sick Ryu!!!

what is happening!!! 😍😍😍

as well, last night, going through some, when you did a good feed sequence, the Ryu would should a little heart, instead of taking a dump. as well, if you try to play, while you feed? it cancels it out? and if you play multiple times (button mash), it cancels it out as well. these are just observations.

also, sick ryus, don't like to play. :(

Bat
01-24-2024, 11:08 AM
Ha ha! That's what I get for testing in a live environment, Ariealle. I should've assumed that there was somebody out there that was going to notice the reaction animations while I was working on them.

Alister
01-24-2024, 11:08 AM

oh no it's the Pokérus! Ryurus?

always love a new Ryu release, excited to see what comes of this one (although, my poor child xD)

Bat
01-24-2024, 11:09 AM
oh no it's the Pokérus! Ryurus?

always love a new Ryu release, excited to see what comes of this one (although, my poor child xD)

Something like that! If you see a sick Ryugotchi, then make sure to give them some love. You might be the one to pull them out of their funk!

Evelynn
01-24-2024, 11:10 AM
NOOO MINE IS SICK TOO.
BAT WHY????

Bat
01-24-2024, 11:10 AM
kittyray was patient zero. Just sayin'.

Alister
01-24-2024, 11:16 AM
Oh interesting. I wonder if my Ryu got sick from Kitty interacting with one of my posts? If there's a contagion-spreading element coded in that'd be wild

Evelynn
01-24-2024, 11:17 AM
Callout post for kittyray incoming

Bat
01-24-2024, 11:17 AM
Oh interesting. I wonder if my Ryu got sick from Kitty interacting with one of my posts? If there's a contagion-spreading element coded in that'd be wild

There is! We'll share some details on that once the dust settles.

Shinx
01-24-2024, 11:18 AM

nooo this is scary poor lil Ryus

Ariealle
01-24-2024, 11:24 AM
Ha ha! That's what I get for testing in a live environment, Ariealle. I should've assumed that there was somebody out there that was going to notice the reaction animations while I was working on them.

I had a helper lol! it was fun trying to figure out what was going on. very excited for what's happening though! hope all the updates are going well for you.

actually loving this so much. my ryu is sick now too. :( I thanked Alister and Guil and went to kittyray's page to see "patient zero". :P

aymo
01-24-2024, 11:35 AM
is there a vaccine out yet

Charmander
01-24-2024, 11:39 AM
Hoser is also sickos! Maybe we need visitors? Alister want to be visitors? Maybe a play date will boost their moods

Bat
01-24-2024, 11:41 AM
Sick Ryugotchis will need bed rest and love from members of the community to heal! They'll be better on their own in a few days, but showing some love can speed up the process.

Ariealle
01-24-2024, 11:42 AM
Hoser is also sickos! Maybe we need visitors? Alister want to be visitors? Maybe a play date will boost their moods

Ryus don't have visitors when they're sick. Doe was with Moo and is no longer because she's not feeling good. :( maybe.. visitors can help heal?
hm.
try some stuff out!

Styx
01-24-2024, 11:57 AM
Is it advisable for our Ryus to practise social distancing and good hand hygiene in order not to fall sick?

Ariealle
01-24-2024, 12:15 PM
it's noticed recently trying to help a few Ryus, if they are in their crying pose after you scoop poop, you can't play and can only feed? it doesn't happen to all, and once you do a feed you can play. but it won't let me scoop from crying, then play. is it cause they're

sick?

Bat
01-24-2024, 12:18 PM
That's right. Sick Ryugotchis don't want to play. Just eat and mope when they're not busy sleeping or getting cleaned up after.

Charmander
01-24-2024, 12:31 PM
That's right. Sick Ryugotchis don't want to play. Just eat and mope when they're not busy sleeping or getting cleaned up after.

Sounds like Ryus got a case of the man cold.....te he he he

Guil
01-24-2024, 12:35 PM
poor ryus!!! thanks for the explanation bat! always like to see new features, even if its my poor precious takato getting a cold

DarkSkies
01-24-2024, 12:49 PM
I just came back and found Pyxis crying, I suppose me hitting buttons won't help haha.

Anyone please share some love to Pyxis :sorrow:

kittyray
01-24-2024, 01:05 PM
kittyray was patient zero. Just sayin'.

I feel like a bad Ryu parent because I looked at this thread before running out the door and didn't even think to check my own!

I'm so excited to figure this out! I haven't done much interacting lately, but the little I have done I can't remember who, so I don't know if I unintentionally infected others or if they caught it from me.

[edit] Looks like I should have read the whole thread before replying, rest and care it is!

Alister
01-24-2024, 01:16 PM
I feel like a bad Ryu parent because I looked at this thread before running out the door and didn't even think to check my own!

I'm so excited to figure this out! I haven't done much interacting lately, but the little I have done I can't remember who, so I don't know if I unintentionally infected others or if they caught it from me.

[edit] Looks like I should have read the whole thread before replying, rest and care it is!

I think you reacted to my post a day or two ago about my kitten being so unimpressed with me that I can't control the weather for him. I wonder if that's how my Mimikryu was infected

kittyray
01-24-2024, 01:23 PM
I think you reacted to my post a day or two ago about my kitten being so unimpressed with me that I can't control the weather for him. I wonder if that's how my Mimikryu was infected

I would think that it would be a more recent interaction unless Ryu are contagious before symptoms appear. I'm trying to think if Mimikryu was one of the in-thread ones I cared for during my NCUC downtime thread skimming.

Charmander
01-24-2024, 01:30 PM
So my guess is this Ryu virus will spread as infected Ryu accounts interact with other ck members....

Imma test some things

Guil
01-24-2024, 01:32 PM
this feels like the subeta survival event with the infection spreading

Serebii
01-24-2024, 01:35 PM
Looks like we're gonna need a Ryu Hospital thread if the infection spreads and also needs help from the community to clear faster.

kittyray
01-24-2024, 02:28 PM
Sick Ryugotchis will need bed rest and love from members of the community to heal! They'll be better on their own in a few days, but showing some love can speed up the process.

Just want to make sure this means I won't be infecting others if I care for them? Or is that something we need to figure out on our own?

Bat
01-24-2024, 02:35 PM
Just want to make sure this means I won't be infecting others if I care for them? Or is that something we need to figure out on our own?

Not necessarily. It depends on where you're interacting with the Ryugotchis.

Unrelated, but I can't resist looking at these stats! Check it out.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Swablu
01-24-2024, 02:46 PM

Well this clears up some confusion but adds more. When is this going to fully be live?

aymo
01-24-2024, 02:53 PM
Ok, who got my deer sick? Really?

Thanks a lot Parrot ! Sheesh!

Charmander
01-24-2024, 02:58 PM
Cinnamoroll now got sickey! Welcome to "the infected"

Sneasel
01-24-2024, 03:02 PM
I got a shock!
My poor Sunny!

Orbit
01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Oh goodness, this is what I get for sending Pomi to a public daycare!

kittyray
01-24-2024, 03:16 PM

Oh, interesting! Thanks for the (sort of) clarification!

I haven't clicked on any profiles to care, so I'm guessing either profiles don't infect and I infected via casual thread-caring, or maybe it's something like interacting on profile gets you infected (I see Parrot in my recent visitors), but interacting on a thread infects others? I'm so curious to see how this plays out, wish I had time to experiment!

Also, assuming this is a temporary thing where all Ryus are eventually healed, would love to see the stats at the end. I wonder if re-infection is possible.

Parrot
01-24-2024, 03:22 PM
Ok, who got my deer sick? Really?

Thanks a lot Parrot ! Sheesh!

Omg what is going on I'm so out of the loop

Have the Ryus got the rona/???

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit how am I most contagious hahahahahaha fml

As I lie in bed with the world's worst cold it must be fate

How do I heal Draco???

Pam
01-24-2024, 03:25 PM
this feels like the subeta survival event with the infection spreading
Omg YES! But also a little more heartbreaking cause it's our poor Ryus and not my human avatar.

I am frantically thanking everyone's posts as per usual and I just realized as I was typing this I probably could have infected someone. SORRY
But also IDK cause I feel like me and Lyrichord haven't interacted at all at least lately! They could've taken care of my Ryu, maybe..

Also, I love that Infected is still not infected.

Bat
01-24-2024, 03:34 PM
Also, assuming this is a temporary thing where all Ryus are eventually healed, would love to see the stats at the end. I wonder if re-infection is possible.

Taking care of sick Ryugotchis heals them faster, but they'll heal on their own after a few days of being sick. There's a grace period after that where a previously sick Ryugotchi can no longer get sick again with the same strain of illness, but all bets are off if a new strain comes along. It's possible for the community to completely kill the strain with rigorous care and quarantining! It's also possible for the community to keep their Ryugotchi sick by removing it from their stack, then reintroducing the outbreak later if they please. Who knows what will happen!

Excalibur
01-24-2024, 03:39 PM

not the RyuVid !!

seriously tho hell nah! is this like the ryu pocolypse that happened? i dont think i had one so i had no idea what happened

Alister
01-24-2024, 03:40 PM
I LOVE that chart of statistics. Parrot, it's got to be the thread you started in the cK+ chat! Everyone swarmed it earlier today haha

the fact that people can deliberately trigger outbreaks again is fantastic. I love this chaos haha

Parrot
01-24-2024, 03:41 PM
I LOVE that chart of statistics. Parrot, it's got to be the thread you started in the cK+ chat! Everyone swarmed it earlier today haha

the fact that people can deliberately trigger outbreaks again is fantastic. I love this chaos haha

Here's me trying to help the guys and gals out with intel and I inadvertently help kick off the next panny D instead

Pam
01-24-2024, 03:48 PM
Here's me trying to help the guys and gals out with intel and I inadvertently help kick off the next panny D instead
Wow thanks a lot.. and the thing didn't even work for me /j

I feel like I gotta get my Ryu out of the winter scene, the poor guy

kittyray
01-24-2024, 03:49 PM
Taking care of sick Ryugotchis heals them faster, but they'll heal on their own after a few days of being sick. There's a grace period after that where a previously sick Ryugotchi can no longer get sick again with the same strain of illness, but all bets are off if a new strain comes along. It's possible for the community to completely kill the strain with rigorous care and quarantining! It's also possible for the community to keep their Ryugotchi sick by removing it from their stack, then reintroducing the outbreak later if they please. Who knows what will happen!

This is beginning to remind me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

But in all seriousness this is cool and I'm excited.

Bat
01-24-2024, 03:51 PM
This is beginning to remind me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

But in all seriousness this is cool and I'm excited.

That something you're thinking of is exactly the reason why I sat on this mechanic for as long as I did. It felt like it was in poor taste for the longest time. I don't know, maybe it still is.

phantasia
01-24-2024, 04:03 PM
I noticed this a few days ago with my own Tyu and thought I was imagining it... literally thought I had death on my brain

It went away pretty fast. So Eblers was sick ver very short period.

mm maybe I saw it on a different ryu... I really thought I imagined it. lol

Pam
01-24-2024, 04:11 PM
That something you're thinking of is exactly the reason why I sat on this mechanic for as long as I did. It felt like it was in poor taste for the longest time. I don't know, maybe it still is.

I think everyone can appreciate the effort to be as respectful as possible while still introducing a new thing for Ryus to do.
As someone said earlier, Subeta has a Survival event every year and people still enjoyed it

Vis
01-24-2024, 04:14 PM
I literally just noticed my ryu had a skull with zero poop on-screen and then saw this thread and bam, turns out it's a new feature!

It's so funny to see the actual transmission tree and see who my Volo got it from. Going to pay extra attention to the sick ryus for some quick recovery TLC.

It's also possible for the community to keep their Ryugotchi sick by removing it from their stack, then reintroducing the outbreak later if they please. Who knows what will happen!

Omg this idea 😂 Now I want to wait and see who does it first!

GreyFaerie
01-24-2024, 04:16 PM

I wonder how Parrot managed to infect me if I have babysitting disabled? I also didn't interact much with other ryus.

Bat
01-24-2024, 04:19 PM
Infection isn't tied to who's pressing your Ryugotchi's buttons. You don't need to be touched to catch something from somebody. The same is true with Ryugotchis.

GreyFaerie
01-24-2024, 04:28 PM
ohhh and then how do we do insulation? Removing them from the stack? although I understand that that would make them "hibernate" and they would not necessarily be cured...

we need a RyuCenter!

Lyrichord
01-24-2024, 04:31 PM
ohhh and then how do we do insulation? Removing them from the stack? although I understand that that would make them "hibernate" and they would not necessarily be cured...

we need a RyuCenter!

Either that, or designated healers (although I suppose that's all of us... in a way...) I just want all of our ryus to be well again. ♥︎

Bat
01-24-2024, 04:53 PM
Removing them from your stack would keep them safe.

Sick Ryugotchis are no longer contagious after a couple of days, even if their symptoms persist, and they can be healed even faster after some time passes. You can also cure them completely at any point if you're diligent with providing care. It's possible for the community to completely eradicate the outbreak quite quickly that way.

aymo
01-24-2024, 05:03 PM
it's borderline embarassing that i avoided corona virus this entire time but after less than a day of RyuRona Virus my ryu got sick. Yikes.

Bat
01-24-2024, 05:11 PM
You can thank unwitting carriers for that! The outbreak happened pretty fast, and it's not always easy to see when your screens are tiny and your colors blend together. Outbreak simulations are always an interesting insight into how easy it is for stuff like this to get around.

Cat Purrson
01-24-2024, 05:38 PM
Look's like Moo is also sick!!

Sneasel
01-24-2024, 05:48 PM
Bat
What?!
So our Ryus are the Guinea Pigs of your Outbreak Simulation?
That is not very nice!

Charmander
01-24-2024, 05:50 PM
I wonder if it has something to do in being in the same place/thread as.others. if so this place is a cesspool haha

Bat
01-24-2024, 05:53 PM
Bat
What?!
So our Ryus are the Guinea Pigs of your Outbreak Simulation?
That is not very nice!

It's times like these that we must band together and help the healing begin!

I wonder if it has something to do in being in the same place/thread as.others. if so this place is a cesspool haha

You're absolutely right. This thread has the highest contagion factor presently.

kittyray
01-24-2024, 06:03 PM
Kyo is all masked up!

rio
01-24-2024, 06:10 PM
Oh no haha the ryus! Guess its been long enough since covid for this to not be as triggering haha. Protect the pixels at all costs <3

aymo
01-24-2024, 06:11 PM
Kyo is all masked up!

Is it too soon for a "the mask is supposed to cover the nose" joke here

kittyray
01-24-2024, 06:18 PM
Is it too soon for a "the mask is supposed to cover the nose" joke here

oops you're right, lmao

fixed!

Cinnamoroll
01-24-2024, 06:52 PM
Cinnamoroll now got sickey! Welcome to "the infected"

WAIT WHAT HAPPENED

This is funny but like not funny cuz I literally just had an outbreak of a communicable illness in my child care centre today. Not a vibe 😭

- - - Updated - - -

As someone who works with children, many of whom have been sick lately.. that is a very accurate statement.

Zapdos
01-24-2024, 06:53 PM
Dang it mine got sick from looking at this thread :o_o: Loving the new feature though, excited to see where it goes!

Hall
01-24-2024, 06:54 PM
This reminds me of the WOW infection. Especially if you can take your sick Ryu out of your stack but keep the sickness 'stored'.

Edit to add: Can plants catch this illness? so far I've only seen the animal Ryu get sick.

Cinnamoroll
01-24-2024, 06:56 PM
This reminds me of the WOW infection. Especially if you can take your sick Ryu out of your stack but keep the sickness 'stored'.

Edit to add: Can plants catch this illness? so far I've only seen the animal Ryu get sick.

I guess we will find out!

kittyray
01-24-2024, 07:15 PM

looks like yes

How would a flower wear a mask...

Bulbasaur
01-24-2024, 07:44 PM
Oh no! My poor Ryu got it as well!
Mothman! I think Mitzi got peepaw sick :upset:

Aero
01-24-2024, 08:08 PM
My unnamed ryu is sick now too :')

Hall
01-24-2024, 08:36 PM
looks like yes

How would a flower wear a mask...

Around the leaves???

Edit: In motion it looks so sad!! T-T My poor baby I'm sorry I was curious!

kittyray
01-24-2024, 09:14 PM
Around the leaves???

Edit: In motion it looks so sad!! T-T My poor baby I'm sorry I was curious!

(also, help, I keep making masked sprites lmao)

DarkSkies
01-24-2024, 09:46 PM
Infected what have you done? :rolleyes:

GreyFaerie
01-24-2024, 10:38 PM
I don't have more time today but I didn't want to go to sleep without doing something commemorative. Maybe I'll finish it, maybe I won't.

01/24/2024 Ryu infection.

EDIT:
Ohhhh Pixie is not sick anymore!

EDIT:
asdasdas?? I didn't say anything.

Excalibur
01-24-2024, 11:20 PM
I don't have more time today but I didn't want to go to sleep without doing something commemorative. Maybe I'll finish it, maybe I won't.

01/24/2024 Ryu infection.

EDIT:
Ohhhh Pixie is not sick anymore!

EDIT:
asdasdas?? I didn't say anything.

that is such a cool bar! do you have ones made with a mask lol

GreyFaerie
01-24-2024, 11:28 PM
that is such a cool bar! do you have ones made with a mask lol

no but you know what? I'll do it because it's a great idea. We don't know if the ryus can infect us. We should stay safe too.

Infected
01-25-2024, 04:39 AM
Infected what have you done? :rolleyes:

Yikes! My bad! I'll find the cure lol. I'm gone a couple days and all hell breaks lose!

kittyray
01-25-2024, 02:50 PM

(also, help, I keep making masked sprites lmao)

Okay but I saw this on tumblr and it felt relevant:

Synth Salazzle
01-25-2024, 03:22 PM
It looks like Yamaha is okay for now

caviar
01-25-2024, 04:10 PM
It looks like Yamaha is okay for now

Idk, might be sick :(

Mothman
01-25-2024, 06:58 PM
Oh no! My poor Ryu got it as well!
Mothman! I think Mitzi got peepaw sick :upset:

oh no!!! it's okay sometimes the babies get sick, we will nurse them back <3

(also i left peepaw alone for a while here so maybe it was actually him LOL)

Synth Salazzle
01-25-2024, 07:05 PM
Idk, might be sick :(

oh wow he must have gotten infected as soon as I posted cus he was fine :o