PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] NC UCs: How to use UC styles / Send UC styles to your friends

Vis
01-24-2024, 07:50 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Introduction
As of 23rd January 2024, UCs are finally (officially) making their comeback :$

TNT has launched two new pages specifically for the NC UC process. Since these features are slightly
different than normal customization, this guide will go through the most common actions you'll want to take.

Contents
#1: How to get your NC UC.
#2: How to take the UC style off / put it back on.
#3: How to trade NC UCs.

Basic Information
UC Conversion FAQ ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) | Styling Studio FAQ ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) | Styling Chamber FAQ ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
NC Mall ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) | Styling Studio ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) | Styling Chamber ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

If you want a UC Neopet, you now need NC items. The items are species-specific and color-specific. For example,
'Nostalgic Faerie Xweetok' can be used on ANY Xweetok to make it look like a UC Faerie Xweetok. But it cannot be used
on other species. The NC UC style can be removed or re-added to your pet at will. It can also be traded away.

For in-depth information about available colors, NC prices, TNT announcements and more, check out my other thread:
NC UCs coming in 2024! ([Only registered and activated users can see links]!)

If you are starting from scratch and need to buy a new NC UC, start here. If you already have a NC UC style in your inventory
(e.g. 'Nostalgic Faerie Xweetok') to use, just put the item into your Styling Chamber and toggle it on (see Walkthrough #2).

Step 1: Make sure you have Styling Studio Supplies or Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies in your inventory.
(What's the difference? Normal supplies give you a random color from what's currently available. Deluxe supplies let you choose.)
[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Step 2: In the Styling Studio, click the species of the pet you want to turn into a UC. (Species you don't own are grayed out.)
Step 3: Click to continue.
Step 4: Click pet you want to transform, select which type of Styling Studio Supplies you want to use, and click to continue.
Step 5: If you are using a Deluxe item, you may choose a specific color at this stage. Otherwise, click to continue.
(Alert! If you continue, your item will be consumed and turned into a NC UC style item instead (in this case, 'Nostalgic Faerie Draik').)

Step 1: In Styling Chamber, click on the style you want to toggle.
Step 2: Toggle off: Click 'Remove Style' and then save your changes.
Step 3: Toggle on: Click 'Apply to Pet' and then save your changes.

If you want to trade one of the styles in your Styling Chamber, follow this walkthrough. If you want to trade a Styling
Studio Supplies item, just put it in a box and send it directly because it is a normal NC item.

Step 1: Make sure the style you want to trade has been toggled off first. This is important!

Step 2: Make sure you have a Gift Box available, so you can actually send the style.
(How to obtain? You get Basic Gift Boxes from Trudy's Surprise and certain NC top-up cards. You can also open GBCs
(Gift Box Mystery Capsules), which are always available in the NC Mall. Opening 1 GBC gives you at least 2 boxes.)

Step 3: In Styling Chamber, click the style and select 'Move to Inventory'.
Step 4: You can now trade the style like an NC item. Simply go to the NC section of your inventory, box it up and send it!

aymo
01-24-2024, 11:49 AM
I have a question - if I want to turn a pet into an NC UC with a token, how would that work if i also wanted to lab zap the pet for BD stat purposes?

If it zaps to another species, would the token come off and return to my inventory? Would I need to morph it back to re attach?

Does this mean that morphing potions will now be more valuable than paint brushes?

- - - Updated - - -

I was also wondering about the styles that dont show up in the style studio. Are those colors unavailable? For example, Royal? Would i have to do an nc trade to get a color like that?

ZeroTwo
01-24-2024, 12:41 PM
I have a question if you remove your style from the pet, it get removed forever?

Delibird
01-24-2024, 12:48 PM
I have a question if you remove your style from the pet, it get removed forever?

No it stays the same UC style you customised when you put it on your pet in the first place. :)

DarkSkies
01-24-2024, 01:40 PM
I have a question - if I want to turn a pet into an NC UC with a token, how would that work if i also wanted to lab zap the pet for BD stat purposes?

If it zaps to another species, would the token come off and return to my inventory? Would I need to morph it back to re attach?

Does this mean that morphing potions will now be more valuable than paint brushes?

- - - Updated - - -

I was also wondering about the styles that dont show up in the style studio. Are those colors unavailable? For example, Royal? Would i have to do an nc trade to get a color like that?

Your lab won't affect your pet with skin UNLESS the lab grants a species change. If that happens, your skin would be automatically removed and back to your inventory/NC Style Chamber.

If you want to use same skin on that same pet, since token is species specific you would need to morph the pet again. Otherwise, you can only reuse your skin on another pet that has same species.

Yes, MPs are already skyrocketing.

Right only Darigan, Faerie and Grey are available through mall.

Unreleased tokens can be trade on boards, I haven't tried it but if anyone has done this kind of trade let us know if it works (I supposed cap/nc values are all over the place too...)

ZeroTwo just as Delibird says, only way to get rid of a skin you've already bought would be trading to another account with a gift box or using a recycle cookie I guess.

Excalibur
01-24-2024, 03:34 PM
as someone who had no idea what to do or what they were doing thank you for this sweet guide! any questions now i know where to go!

Vis
01-24-2024, 04:04 PM

Unreleased tokens can be trade on boards, I haven't tried it but if anyone has done this kind of trade let us know if it works (I supposed cap/nc values are all over the place too...)

Gonna touch on this point since all the other questions have been answered (I love the cK community!)

There has been at least one such trade already, someone else posted about it on one of the UC threads on cK and I'm trying to find it again. In a nutshell, yes to NC trading, yes to launch day value uncertainty and much speculation.

Edit: I remembered the trade values wrong, what I gave was an undervalue :cold: To avoid message duplication, please see the actual offered value in my next post.

Pam
01-24-2024, 04:14 PM
IIRC, the trade was 20 GBCs for 1 'Nostalgic Royalgirl Kyrii'. I'll update this comment with a link to the original message if I find it.

It feels.. not too bad?

Do we think the NC Value Guide people will track these trades too?

Vis
01-24-2024, 04:29 PM
It feels.. not too bad?

Do we think the NC Value Guide people will track these trades too?

So it turns out I remembered the number wrong AND the item wrong, sorry :onthego: It was actually someone offering 25 Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies for it. Let's compare the values.

20 x GBCs = 20 x 200NC = 4,000NC

Full price: 25 x DSSSs = 5 x 6,000NC (5-Bundle multipack) = 30,000NC
50% off launch sale: 25 x DSSSs = 5 x 3,000NC (5-Bundle multipack) = 15,000NC

I don't know if the trade offer was fulfilled or not... so just be aware that while someone might want to offer this much, it might be that nobody wants to sell for this much because they consider it low. Parrot did you see whether this trade went ahead, or did nobody take up OP's offer? (Reference: this post ([Only registered and activated users can see links]))
This is where /~Owls and /~Maureen jumble together, so what I'd expect to see is a petpage emerging where someone tracks the publicly available trade information, like 'This species+color went for # GBCs in January 2024'. There's already page that does this for old school UCs and one for BD pets, so let's just watch out for the NC UC one!

Pam
01-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Wow that's... more than the previous price for a VWN UC RG Kyrii here on CK, no?

UPDATE
Owls will be lauching a page to track Nostaligc token trades!
Here's the announcement Vis

Vis
01-25-2024, 06:39 AM
Owls will be lauching a page to track Nostaligc token trades!
Here's the announcement Vis

Amazing news, thank you for sharing! Eagerly waiting the launch of the new page. Once it's up, I'll add it as a resource under the NC UC trading walkthrough!

Pidgey
02-14-2024, 08:13 PM
Is there a list some where of currently available colors?

Ice
02-14-2024, 08:21 PM
Is there a list some where of currently available colors?

that should be a current list of what is available!