PDA

View Full Version : What's your honest opinion about the last games?

Pochita
01-16-2024, 09:03 PM
I personally enjoyed the last games. The graphics sucks almost all the time but characters (specially in Scarlet/Violet) are enjoyable and lovely. What do you think? I'd like to read your opinions:)

Swablu
01-16-2024, 09:18 PM
I think what they wanted to do was give everyone the open world that people have been asking for, but I don't think that the switch is powerful enough to handle what they are trying to put out there currently.

Excalibur
01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
My love for the pokemon games stem from gen 1-4 i slowed down from there greatly.

the new game is great.

however the fact they couldnt do voiceovers, a full pokedex upon release, waiting for updates when again shouldve been on release it just seemed halfed assed.

if nintendo just stopped trying to keep these games on prehistoric devices wed all get the zelda we actually wanted or the pokemon free range wed actually wanted.

good game, good fixes but still lazy company just getting our money. 7.5/10

Rowlet
01-16-2024, 10:47 PM
I think their core ideas are generally really good. Character designs, gameplay, writing etc.. it's the execution that really lets it down. Glitches in S/V make me never want to open another raid den again. Legends Arceus is one of my favourite pokemon games now but even I have to admit the game environment is UGLY looking. Sun and Moon had its own pacing issues with the story. I put off buying sw/sh for so long because it just looked half baked. I liked the game enough but you put it down wishing it could be just a little more. They put so much effort into new gimicks and non functional designs when I wish they would just go back and perfect the stuff that failed in their old engine. I imagine we will still be dealing with the switch for at least another year, I really hope they can make an attempt at perfecting something on this hardware this year.
As an aside, I wish they would go back to trying a pixel sprite game again. BW2 was amazing.

Infected
01-17-2024, 01:20 AM
I think it's great that they finally have the open world aspect, and visible pokemon in the wild, it's what most of us have always wanted all along. I think they should integrate the Legend's catching mechanic and that bit will be perfect.

As for the game. I think they;ve completely moved away from the story aspect to the exploration aspect and the story is now just something that happens in the background to have levelling up locks in place. I'd love to see Team Rocket or some other team make a come back, give it the old school good vs evil story back.

Sneasel
01-17-2024, 03:42 AM
Not my cup of tea sadly...
I started them and did not complete. The most fun I had with Legends Arceus.
But maybe I am not the target group anymore, because my daughters 15 and 13 yo have so much fun with their Sword/Shield and Scarlet/Violet. And that's okay.
I currently play my Heartgold right now and having a blast.

Rattata
01-17-2024, 04:04 AM
They were the last main title games that I've actually completed since Black & White. Running around on a giant lizard was fun. But. Id it's not quite there. I couldn't be bothered with the post game. I think they're on the right track though, I got some hopes for the next one.

Alister
01-22-2024, 03:17 PM
I haven't started Scarlet/Violet but have a copy of Violet and intend to get around to it at some point. I've heard really mixed things from irl friends--great ideas, poor execution especially considering the system limitations.

I played Legends Arceus and had the most fun on it I've possibly ever had in a Pokemon game, adjusting for the fact that I played it at the age of 35 vs the age of 12 like I was when Silver came out.

Raposa
01-22-2024, 06:06 PM
I consider myself a pretty serious Pokémon fan. It's one of those things that I liken to an old armchair that you'll settle into after a long and grueling day. I have completed dexes and trainer cards in almost every game, maxed out multiple timers, I do full odds hunts and Oak's Challenge runs, the works. But something about Scarlet and Violet fails to carry that same magic for me. I haven't finished any of the dexes, haven't bought up all the clothes like I usually do. Haven't shiny hunted at all... I haven't even started the second part of the DLC.

It's such a shame. I even gave the usual treatment to BDSP, so why haven't I kept that same momentum here too? It's a shame, I don't even think these games were THAT bad. :(:(

fireheart
01-22-2024, 07:49 PM
gen 1-4 will always be my favorites, i just dont like the "high" graphics of the newer games at all... the storylines are fine i just wish theyd go back to pixelly games x3

oddish
02-08-2024, 07:13 PM
I absolutely love Arceus
I like that when there's a shiny nearby you hear the noise, my eyesight can be fairly poor at times so I am sure I missed a ton while playing violet ;__; I sort of wish they added that noise into it as well

Nothing can beat the classics though
Probably purely because of nostalgic reasons 🥰

Mothman
02-08-2024, 09:05 PM
I really like them. I know the performance of SV is bad, but I love the characters, designs, and overall improvements that were made.

I like the shiny hunting, minus the lack of a sound cue. I think it’s fun and engaging to hunt knowing I don’t need to spend 5/6 hours getting a single shiny. Battling is a little easy, story is a little bland and predictable and without a lot of true conflict, but I actually think it was a great game.

Arceus was amazing though.

Synth Salazzle
02-10-2024, 12:11 PM
Nintendo is lazy, and cheap despite having the highest grossing video game franchise in the world (btw it's pokemon.) and can't even give us a full dex without DLCs, and a push for yearly releases which has kinda made every new official pokemon experience I've had lately suck.
If you think i'm exaggerating, btw, look at the beta leak for sword and shield. Instead of fixing the broken 3DS imports they just scrapped them (greninja in particular being a major example of this as it's model is existing and broken in this build.)
And it's crazy that modders and fans can make better rom hacks than anything nintendo has produced since lets go.
I have little good thoughts about modern pokemon from sword/shield onward.
Everything before I loved it though.

Cinnamoroll
02-10-2024, 01:25 PM
I love the idea behind the newer Gens, but it seems like we are getting unfinished games. The amount of issues with Scarlet/Violet was... very surprising for Nintendo. And they have not done much to fix it..

Pokemon Crystal 4ever <3

Excalibur
02-10-2024, 01:35 PM
I love the idea behind the newer Gens, but it seems like we are getting unfinished games. The amount of issues with Scarlet/Violet was... very surprising for Nintendo. And they have not done much to fix it..

Pokemon Crystal 4ever <3

I too ship pokemon crystal as being the best game aside gen3 and 4

caviar
02-10-2024, 01:49 PM
Maybe it's the nostalgia speaking, but I'm sad that the current games can't capture the nostalgia of the old gens for me. Gen III and HGSS forever <3

Guil
02-10-2024, 01:52 PM
i still havent played scarlet and violet yet, something about them didnt get me hyped up, even though i have heard good things, especially now that things have been fixed. but the main thing for me is that i LOVED legends arceus so much that i feel like the "normal" games now dont excite me as much. i really hope they do more legends style games!