PDA

View Full Version : Personal Pokemon Announcement!

GOAT
04-27-2012, 05:45 PM
So, I have been thinking about this for a while, and I have decided to enter the professional world of Pokemon battling :D I figured, I love Pokemon, and I am pretty good at it, especially at making teams, so I guess it is time to see how I do against others :) I could use practice though, so if anyone wants to help me practice, send me your Friend Code or whatever. However, my team is only planned out, not made. So thank you for reading this :)

Kristin
04-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Congrats! I didn't even know such a thing existed. :D

Solgaleo
04-27-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm thinking about entering professional battling as well!

Are you entering the international spring wi-fi tournament?

Becka
04-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Oooh we should have a battle or trade pokemanz.

PotatoPig
04-28-2012, 11:46 AM
I can get any Pokemon, shiny or not...

Cheatz D:

I_royalty_I
04-28-2012, 11:50 AM
lol seriously?
Professional world of pokemon?
What will the Japanese think of next!

Is this like the MLG of pokemon :P

PotatoPig
04-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Pokemon... IS... MLG...

J_L_K_64
04-28-2012, 01:07 PM
i'm down for random battles, but my team is not well formed, yet

GOAT
04-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Zoroark J_L_K_64 Well my team isn't formed, and it will probably take a while, so no I am not entering. I guess I can let you know when it is.
Becka I would love to trade, and battle when my team is ready. What version do you have?
PotatoPig As can I, however the officials at tournaments do checks to see if the Pokemon are cheated :/
Kristin I_royalty_I Yeah Nintendo set up an organization called Play! Pokemon that is for competitive video game/TCG gaming.

Becka
04-28-2012, 01:36 PM
EliteSamurai I have Black :P Most of my Pokemon came from previous games though :P

GOAT
04-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh thank God :D did you catch Tornadus? Because I really need to unite the two and get Landorus :)

PotatoPig
04-28-2012, 02:04 PM
PotatoPig As can I, however the officials at tournaments do checks to see if the Pokemon are cheated :/

How can they check if I encounter them in the wild? I just influence it a bit o:

GOAT
04-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Well, I suppose they can check the location where you caught it corresponding with the level you caught it at, the EV and IV total because if you caught it in the wild (not from an Egg) they will not be both maxed, stuff like that I suppose. By the way, can anybody explain to me how Dream World abilities work and how to get them? Like, Landorus has a DW ability but from what I have read there is no way to get it. Can anybody explain?

Solgaleo
04-28-2012, 09:29 PM
You get dream world abilities when you get the pokemon from the dream world.

For example, if you got the Espeon from the first Befriend A Pokemon thing, it came with the hidden ability Magic Bounce (which it can't normally learn inside game)

So, until a pokemon is released in the dream world, you can't get one with that dream world ability (unless you cheat)

EliteSamurai

GOAT
04-28-2012, 10:29 PM
So then you can't get any 5th Generation Pokemon with their hidden abilities right? Because you can only catch Pokemon from previous generations in there.

Khelddar
04-28-2012, 10:38 PM
If you start making money from it let me know and ill be totally in.

GOAT
04-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Haha well that would imply that I am actually successful at this venture, so thanks for the confidence :)

Slasher
04-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Congrats! How is it working?

GOAT
04-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Well, today I caught 3 of the basic forms of the Pokemon I need, I have 1, one is in an egg, and the last I need a different version to get. Maybe today after I finish my homework I will start training everybody.
EDIT: And please, since this thread is somewhat active, check out my thread in the Help Section please because I need it :(

lastdeadriser
04-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Hey pm me your friend code so we can battle or trade sometime

GOAT
05-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Sorry man, I am not ignoring you, I just have been busy. I will as soon as I get a chance

DC Comics
05-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Hey I know this thread's a bit old, but if you're still interested, check out this thing called Pokemon Online. It's basically a battle simulator, where you can make a team of any pokemon, choose the stats/ability/level/item/moves out of everything available to it. Then you can battle a bunch of other people with your team, and make any changes, etc. I'm not sure how being a "professional battler" works, but if you need practice or are debating which moveset/type would be better, or whether you should switch out/use a certain pokemon, it seems like a pretty good way to test it out. (And get practice against all types of different teams without needing friend codes, etc.)

GOAT
05-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Much obliged friend, that is very helpful indeed! Thanks! :)

Tom
05-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Dude, the people over at Smogon are insane. Pokemon is one of those games that has a maximum skill level where you can't really progress beyond with hard work or talent, it's mostly luck and assembling a team for most situations (which everyone who's decent does). Hence why I don't play Pokemon competitively :rolleyes:

GOAT
05-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Well the only thing with battling competitively nowadays is it is all limited to Black/White, which I think is ridiculous because a large portion of all Pokemon species are left out, but this also leads to the same general trends being repeated. Plus all the battles are Double Battles. So yeah, it is all about adaptation which leads to EVOLUTION :D get it? But yeah, Smogon, Marriland, and Bulbapedia have helped me out immensely. Now I just need to get out there and do it.

DC Comics
06-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Good luck buddy, keep us posted with how it goes!

deathwish42
06-06-2012, 12:56 AM
i got platnium anyone wanna battle im really strong i usually use 3 main pokemon and i can use more any battle level just let me get ready before hand my main pokemon are kyogre milotic and spirtomb anyone wanna battle pm me

Bryan
06-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Lol do UU tier and below. OU and uber tier is boring. I used to play competitively a lot. And as for practicing and trying out new teams, I suggest googling pokemononline. VERY helpful. and basically the only thing I play when I play pokemon. sav'ing them is just too much work. :P

Daviid
07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
I tried to do it once, but training EV and IV and all that thing is too hard to me.
I hae only trained an Alakazam in Pokemos Ruby

metaldroga
07-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Im playing pokemon adventures the official page is : [Only registered and activated users can see links] is RPG game ^-^ like tibia :D

GOAT
07-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Well my team is actually done, should I put up my Friend Code?