PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005)

phantasia
12-30-2023, 03:42 AM
So i am going to start my Anime adventure by watching

Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005)

Anyone joining me?

Anyone love this series?

Lyrichord
12-30-2023, 03:58 AM
phantasia You have picked, in my opinion, one of the very best!!! I absolutely love the show and I think you will as well! It is very popular, across the board. All of the characters have wonderful stories and growth, the plot is well-paced, the animation is beautiful, I could go on. Enjoy your time watching it! I've rewatched the show 3 or 4 times now and own it on dvd.

Infected
12-30-2023, 04:01 AM
Love it! That's a great choice to start off with. But whatever you do, don't watch the 2010 live action movie.

Shinx
12-30-2023, 04:35 AM
So i am going to start my Anime adventure by watching

Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005)

Anyone joining me?

Anyone love this series?

absolutely love this series! You will have no regrets!!

DarkSkies
12-30-2023, 09:26 AM
Buuut what about this? :rolleyes:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

phantasia
12-30-2023, 09:37 AM
I honestly thought it would be torture to watch but its rather good.
Half way through season 1

Minerva
12-30-2023, 06:48 PM
What an amazing series!! I remember first watching when I was in grade school, but it still holds up as an adult. I probably rewatch this series every few years. Hope you enjoy it!

Super stoked for the Netflix show! I heard they cast the voice actor for the Cabbage Guy to play in the live action.

Lyrichord
12-30-2023, 07:28 PM
I honestly thought it would be torture to watch but its rather good.
Half way through season 1

ATLA is basically the Disney version of anime! :$ Once you delve into Japanese animes, sure you'll find a huge array of things you do and don't like. There are plenty that are similar to this - cute, friendships growing up, fun. :$ So glad to hear you're enjoying it!!

Hollow
12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Oh your going to be in for a ride. Book 3 is the best out of the series! Enjoy it, I wish I could forget and re-watch this show every time to witness such amazing story telling and animation. There's also the Netflix live action coming in February as well *not the live action movie, we don't talk about that, because there is no live action movie in Ba Sing Se*.

Ice
12-30-2023, 09:56 PM
Agreed with everyone, it's a really great introductory/bridge cartoon between western and eastern animation and it honestly is just so so good across the board! The only thing they fucked up was Zutara was the obvious end game fuck you Bryke but I digress Seriously one of my favorite series and its rewatchability is great no matter your age. Amazing world/character building and covers a good spectrum of topics. They don't make em like they used to :sorrow: I'm very interested in the live action tbh, even though I'm sure I'll go in with a large grain of salt regardless but so far it looks like it could be shaping up to be decent.

Minerva
12-30-2023, 10:14 PM
Agreed with everyone, it's a really great introductory/bridge cartoon between western and eastern animation and it honestly is just so so good across the board! The only thing they fucked up was Zutara was the obvious end game fuck you Bryke but I digress Seriously one of my favorite series and its rewatchability is great no matter your age. Amazing world/character building and covers a good spectrum of topics. They don't make em like they used to :sorrow: I'm very interested in the live action tbh, even though I'm sure I'll go in with a large grain of salt regardless but so far it looks like it could be shaping up to be decent.

Omg I totally shipped them too!!

The Dragon Prince is another cool show. Nothing quite lives up to ATLA but this gave me similar vibes.

phantasia
12-31-2023, 02:35 AM
Omg I totally shipped them too!!

The Dragon Prince is another cool show. Nothing quite lives up to ATLA but this gave me similar vibes.

I will watch that next. I watch while editing photos. Its just basic editing so its pretty mind dead
I am at season 2 now. So earth. Season 1 was really good. Sometime the avatar is a bit childish but I mean his still a child so I guess its appropriate. It makes his charator weird since he act so grown up is over 100 years old and then have this really childish moments.

phantasia
12-31-2023, 12:18 PM
Appa being stolen and mistreated. Its horrible! My heart breaks

phantasia
01-01-2024, 10:16 AM
Another episode that stood out to me so far is
Chapter 9 Nightmare and dreams

Basically the episode where Katara learns blood magic controlling the water inside someone body and getting water out of air

phantasia
01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Done. I really liked it.
I can see why it can be seen as a disney like anime series.
Yeah guess I need to explore and see what to watch next

Me being me... I am not going to spend the next 2 hours watching

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

phantasia
01-03-2024, 01:24 PM
The movie was not so bad.
Yes it is very much like a book that was turned into a movie with lots of important stuff that was just left out but the characters is somewhat accurate.

It kinda reminds me of Eragon.... anyone read that book and then watch the movie that followed? Disaster

DarkSkies
01-03-2024, 10:12 PM
I think I did the other way around. Like only watch Eragon? lol

I need to find a review about the books...