PDA

View Full Version : What comics/graphic novels are you currently reading?

Styx
11-19-2023, 12:08 PM
I like pretty art, and I also like words. Win-win.

These are the ongoing series that I'm currently reading:

DC: Poison Ivy (2022) by G. Willow Wilson
Marvel: Avengers (2023) by Jed MacKay, Blade (2023) by Bryan Hill, Immortal X-Men by Kieron Gillen, Moon Knight (2021) by Jed MacKay, Sensational She-Hulk (2023) by Rainbow Rowell

I'm rereading the Sins of Sinister event and catching up on Chip Zdarsky's Daredevil & Elektra as well.

Yes, I'm a Marvel girlie; why do you ask? :D I used to read a bunch of other series as well, but lack of time and interest made me narrow down the list and focus on the characters and genres I like more.

I recently finished Garth Ennis's Preacher and Neil Gaiman's Sandman, too. Both were first-time reads.

What comics/graphic novels are you currently reading? Would you recommend it?

kittyray
11-19-2023, 12:32 PM
Not currently reading any, but, oh man, that's making me realize I meant to bring Sandman with me instead of leaving it with the rest of my books in storage!

Guil
11-19-2023, 12:33 PM
One of my favorites ever is the Beasts of Burden series by Evan Dorkin and Jill Thompson! Its published by Dark Horse comics, I have the compilation books of them. The art is absolutely stunning, thats part of what drew me in. The story is also really cool, its about dogs fighting supernatural stuff!

Styx
11-19-2023, 12:39 PM
One of my favorites ever is the Beasts of Burden series by Evan Dorkin and Jill Thompson! Its published by Dark Horse comics, I have the compilation books of them. The art is absolutely stunning, thats part of what drew me in. The story is also really cool, its about dogs fighting supernatural stuff!

Omg yes I love that series! Jill Thompson's art is fantastic. 🥺 I've always wished there were more books in the series. There was one story in particular that got me tearing up. I can't remember what it is at the moment, which means...time for a reread!

Trash Panda
11-20-2023, 11:26 PM
I haven’t read many comics but my fiancé gave me The Autumnal by Daniel Kraus and it was pretty good! It’s so eerie and the story’s pretty catching!

H3nry
11-23-2023, 08:01 PM
Currently reading The Killing Joke (DC) and Invincible
I've really been into DC this year as I enjoy the slightly (ok its not so slight LOL) darker stuff

Styx
11-24-2023, 12:58 AM
I haven’t read many comics but my fiancé gave me The Autumnal by Daniel Kraus and it was pretty good! It’s so eerie and the story’s pretty catching!

I looked it up, and it's right up my alley! I'm a sucker for horror stories. Thank you for the recommendation!

- - - Updated - - -

Currently reading The Killing Joke (DC) and Invincible
I've really been into DC this year as I enjoy the slightly (ok its not so slight LOL) darker stuff

The Killing Joke is such a classic. I recommend staying away from the animated adaptation that came out sometime in the late 2010s, however.

I feel like DC does darker stuff better, though I admittedly have a limited point of reference.