PDA

View Full Version : [rant] Goodbye Aug Evoker I guess?

Bunnii
11-10-2023, 08:10 PM
I am so toasted. So mad. lol

4 days before raid release and they nerf aug to the ground? I JUST spent money to boost an aug literally yesterday lol

They released this spec and it completely fucked the entire M+ season half way through it, the hard meta was the most locked I've ever seen it and I've been playing since classic. If you were anything but mage, spriest, bear, hpal, or aug evoker then you were just screwed at title range. And now you wait until 4 days before raid release to nerf it? Okay.

Mind you, they released the Emerald Dream patch on Tuesday and nothing worked. Servers weren't up until well into the evening, which I understand trying to work that stuff out buuuuut- they finally come up and.. No one can do hardly anything. In Emerald Dream: no side quests, no rares spawning, and the only way to grind rep was planting seeds and waiting for them to grow. And the seeds were released, HARD nerfed, then changed again to complete RNG during the span of an entire day, lol!

What is up with developers thinking it's okay to release something that's NOT finished? Is getting a completed product really too much to ask for? Top guilds are now scrambling and reworking raid comps, and these people who went aug are just boned out of the rep they've farmed that has a daily cap for the augment rune.

It's not just WoW, but so many games that have released are getting released unfinished.

I just don't get it. It's so disheartening.

Compulsiv
11-10-2023, 10:00 PM
What did they do to it? It was certainly way over OP last season, so I expected nerfs. The hammer had to come down on that at some point for sure. Honestly I'd prefer it would be now instead of a week in to raid. It sucks to have spent the money, but now you can make they choice to stay or swap without having put in any actual gearing time and resources. I took a break from wow about halfway through last season, was pretty tired of spriest catching repeated nerfs, and got burnt out. CE raiding, title pushing, it's all such massive time commitments and was just tired

Bunnii
11-10-2023, 10:52 PM
What did they do to it? It was certainly way over OP last season, so I expected nerfs. The hammer had to come down on that at some point for sure. Honestly I'd prefer it would be now instead of a week in to raid. It sucks to have spent the money, but now you can make they choice to stay or swap without having put in any actual gearing time and resources. I took a break from wow about halfway through last season, was pretty tired of spriest catching repeated nerfs, and got burnt out. CE raiding, title pushing, it's all such massive time commitments and was just tired

I definitely agree with nerfs, but they drilled it into the ground. It's like.. A troll to invite them to keys anymore. And raid meta went from 4 augs to 2. And the timing of it. The fact they screwed the whole M+ season half way through with them, and then waited this long to nerf them.

Compulsiv
11-10-2023, 11:28 PM
Is the evoker discord on fire? lol. I havent checked in to any wow stuff in a while, I did a hard stop. I was thinking about playing but they keep nerfing the piss out of everything I like to play, and frankly you can tell that their focus is on the next Expac. Was such a weird move putting that out for preorder before the S3 patch, I was confused about what content was actually being released. And S4 is confirmed that fated nonsense again, so 100% recycled content. I just dont really feel any reason to come back at the moment, except to play with frens, but everyone else is kinda in the same boat as me, so we may all be collectively breaking until next xpac

Bunnii
11-10-2023, 11:41 PM
Is the evoker discord on fire? lol. I havent checked in to any wow stuff in a while, I did a hard stop. I was thinking about playing but they keep nerfing the piss out of everything I like to play, and frankly you can tell that their focus is on the next Expac. Was such a weird move putting that out for preorder before the S3 patch, I was confused about what content was actually being released. And S4 is confirmed that fated nonsense again, so 100% recycled content. I just dont really feel any reason to come back at the moment, except to play with frens, but everyone else is kinda in the same boat as me, so we may all be collectively breaking until next xpac

lol that's a good question, I haven't checked the discord xD

and yes, I agree! they released the next 3 and they're not very far apart from each other, so I think these massive ups and downs to class tuning are going to be more and more common :x

I was ready to go hard in M+ but this kind of took the air out of my sails. Aug is no more, hpal which I have played before and could play is having terribad mana issues, hpriest is just dead and they refuse to bring back flash concentration which was actually good in M+ but people didn't like it so I guess they'd rather them be dead instead of partly viable. And disc WAS looking good, but they're slowly getting nerfed into C/D tier. And then they mega buffed rdruid damage, so they've just replaced the 1 healer meta with another different healer. Super healthy and balanced /s

Bunnii
11-11-2023, 02:34 AM

I don't even know what to say lol

Compulsiv
11-11-2023, 04:23 AM

I don't even know what to say lol

Wow, that's a new one - even for WoW lol. I had a similar experience to you leading up to my hiatus. I'm a healer main, and my bf is a tank. I spent a ton of time bouncing between healers, but disc was the one I really buckled down and got good with. It was strong for a long time, but then all encounters became just constant rot and no burst, so it was all inherently bad for disc. Holy was fun, I liked the FC play style. I don't really mind the shift it made into having PoM out all the time because I was also MW main and it was similar to always having to have my mists out. They allowed MW to be good for like 3 seconds one time before nerfing it into the ground, and as much as I LOVE it, it just became too much of a struggle to play.

This last season I played DPS because my GF is also healer and we were all wanting to try to push for title. Shadow was the natural choice for me having already mastered priest utility, and it was a blast. Another thing they allowed to be great for like 5 minutes before actually decimating it. It caught so many nerfs and then after the utility nerfs its not going to be brought to m+. For range it's like you can mage or warlock and usually one of the 3 specs will be petty good for each.

For next season mw is looking pretty good which makes me so happy, but they've shown time and time again they won't let it be excellent for very long. Id want to do m+ though, so would have to do a dps to play with my peoples, and WW is dog. BM looks fun but it's so far ahead of everything else right now it 100% gets slapped into the dirt. Idk, nothing seems *worth*

And if the encounters are a complete shit show anyway it's not like it matters all that much 🤣 makes me sad, I have thousands of hours of competitive wow, but fighting the game and devs has become too exhausting

Vee
11-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Oh god I haven't touched WoW in a good few months, and Aug defo needed nerfs but... My god. Way to beat the spec into the ground.

I really enjoy playing Evoker and haven't really checked, but are Devastation/Preservation specs still any good? I was kinda considering coming back, but same issue as Compulsiv: they nerf everything I enjoy playing lol. Although I do love playing druid so who knows...

Bunnii
11-18-2023, 08:00 AM
Wow, that's a new one - even for WoW lol.

I didn't mind the pom build too much, but it just wasn't seen in high keys is all so I didn't play it as much as I did hpal. Shadow looked like a lot of fun, and you basically needed on every key so that must have been ez invites! But looking into 10.2 shadow isn't looking great >< It's too bad they went so drastic in the other direction with it when a lot of people had swapped to it!

MW is looking good, I was actually looking into swapping to that but I know as soon as I do, it'll get the hammer haha

Are you watching RWF at all? I was thinking about making a thread for it here.

Oh god I haven't touched WoW in a good few months, and Aug defo needed nerfs but... My god. Way to beat the spec into the ground.

^ So much this!! lol like why introduce the support role if you're just going to basically take it out of the game haha, and then they tried to cover it up with a blue post that commented on it later on saying something like- oh yeah aug evokers will still be wanted to buff your tank and healer wah wah, but it's like okay not to a 20+ and people who watch streams and don't know how to play at an end game level are going to watch a 10 second clip of a streamer shitting on aug one time and they'll never invite one to their sub 17 either lmao. Whew I ranted there, sorry!

Pres is looking really good in raid! Dev is kind of middle of the road for dps in raid. Rdruid is really hard to beat right now in the healer world for M+ lol they are doing so much damage. No one else can begin to measure up. Depending on how the key timers will be feeling when more people are reaching bis and done pushing raid ranks, there could be a few more healers in the running but it's pretty early to tell right now for M+ but we'll start seeing more pushing once RWF is over and the top 100 starts filling up.