PDA

View Full Version : [GUIDE] Neopets New Tutorial Step by Step

DarkSkies
10-26-2023, 01:01 PM
NEW NEOPETS TUTORIAL STEP-BY-STEP

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

The Tutorial is an introduction to the site (for new users) and to the Quest Log. These quests can only be completed once ever per account.

Every set must be completed in order to receive the corresponding reward. You can always skip a section to advance to next set, but beware that skipping would invalidate the actual section reward.

This a step by step guide solely focus on the Tutorial, but I'm also gonna link the tips & tricks guide from Guil which is still on constant update regarding the daily quests.
You can find her guide HERE ([Only registered and activated users can see links]!) :tiger:

Where is the Tutorial?

You can access the Tutorial tab from HERE ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Why would I want to do this? I'm not a newbie!

Whether you're a new user or not, the prizes from tutorial vary from NPs, NP items to high valued NC items. Especially if you're into customization, you may want to do this!

Following we have listed all of the available sections:

Steps:

Do NOT SKIP this section. Unless you have spare PBs you don't mind using later, the newbie non-tradeable PBs will help you with tasks in advance sections!

Create a Neopet ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). This is self-explanatory, but most of you would have already this ticked :)
Activate Your Account. You should have received an email with a link to do this shortly after your account was first created; if not, do it HERE ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
For my special ckers because I know anonymity is important, for the neofriends part you can:

Add existing NFs (button click on their UL). You can add same person 3 times!
You can accept someone else's request. Sending to yourself used to count too but it has been patched.
The task is to SEND the invitation, acceptance is not obligatory! So it doesn't matter if no one accepts.

Send a Neomail.
For the Settings task you can go HERE ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and click through sections.

Steps:

Assign a Petpet to your Neopet.
Groom your Neopet.
Play with your Neopet.
Feed your Pet. I know, I was mad at this too coz Neolodge lol But let me show you some ways to workaround this:

Bloat b gone. Unfortunately hit by inflation. I don't think I need to say more on this one.
Take out the pet from Neolodge. At this point there is a chance the neopet will accept the food! Otherwise you can either wait 5 hours to feed them or buy the Lukewarm Left-Over Pizza / Really Ripe Banana on NC Mall which is only 5 / 10 NC.
Adopt a Pet. If you have a free pet slot, go find a hungry pet on the pound. If you don't have a free pet slot, you can also try temporarily move one of your pets to a side account.

Dress up your Neopet. Only adding or removing an item would suffice.

Steps:

Heart a page to Bookmark it!
Use the Explore page ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) for exploring 5 lands.
Spin a Wheel.

Wheel of Excitement ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Wheel of Knowledge ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Wheel of Mediocrity ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Wheel of Misfortune ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

For the guild task, you just need to go HERE ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Sending a petpet to an adventure means going to Grave Danger ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). Note that if you've already sent a petpet before reaching this part, you will need to wait until it comes back so you can send another one for this task (I know, I know...)
Get a scratchcard and try your luck!

Winter Kiosk Scratchcard ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Spooky Kiosk Scratchcard ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Desert Kiosk Scratchcard ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Steps:

Paint your Neopet at the Rainbow Pool ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). You can use any PB for this one. Remember why I told you to not skip Section 1? :P (Because I did :sorrow:)
Send your Neopet to a Training School: Apparently now the Ninja School is working. Let me know if don't!

Pirate Training ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Island Training ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Ninja School ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Refer One Friend ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). You can send to yourself!
Battle in the Battledome ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). Participate in a 1-player battle against any opponent. It does not matter if you win, lose, or draw.
About the Games ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), there's a couple of bugs out there as always. So far these are advices I've seen:

Try on Chrome or on Mobile.
Try Meerca Chase or Kass Basher.
Make sure to wait a couple of seconds before sending the score.
Add "[Only registered and activated users can see links]" before the game URL. For example: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Bat StackPath script HERE ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Upon first release, there was a sixth task to add any three TCG card items to your TCG album. This task was removed a few hours later (sorry not sorry for those resellers that bought them all xd)

Steps:

Purchase an item from another user's Shop. Head to the Shop Wizard and find something!
Purchase a Stock ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).
Put a Stamp in your Stamp Album ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). Time to use the Halloween Goodie bags :P
For the secret avatar you can use the Emo Usuki too, very handy for users who are only missing the harder avatars!

Set up a Shop: If you already have one, this will be checked automatically. If not, you can do that HERE ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Enter an Art & Design or Writing Contest ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). You can use the Customisation Spotlight. However, any of the four in "Art & Design" section or any of the four in the "Writing" section will work.

Steps:

Use the Trading Post ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) to trade an item. Just create a lot. You do not need to actually trade the item!
Complete a Quest from the Brain Tree ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).
Help Edna ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) find missing ingredients for her spells!
Complete a treasure map! ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) If you've already completed a Treasure Map just visit the respective map page (Secret Laboratory Map, Petpet Laboratory Map or Forgotten Shore Map...). Otherwise, redeem any Map Set there. Upon first release, this step required you to turn in the map pieces of any map you had not completed (with Original Treasure, Spooky Treasure, etc) being the only option for most experienced players.
Try your luck on the Alien Aisha Vending Machine ([Only registered and activated users can see links])!
Have 1 million NP in your Bank Account. If you're really a new user then you better start working on it!

If anyone has an updated guide for methods for gaining NP I'll be happy to add the link here for others and give the corresponding credit to the author :)

Those are all the Tutorial Sections, after complete this tab will dissapear.

All of this information has been compiled thanks to JN and to the always helpful and collaborative users we have in our community. Whatever info missing here is welcome too!

Many credits/kudos to everyone who shared their advices :korbie_blush:

Please if I miss somoeone on credits let me know too, every help is so much appreciated!

Guil KJiU aymo skate_d3 Bat Hall lluvia Map GreyFaerie Lyrichord kalez Soap

Soap
10-26-2023, 01:25 PM
Nice guide! It's probably also worth mentioning that for the 'add neofriend' quests they don't have to be accepted they purely just need to be sent so you can neomail your own shells/sides for those that like to remain anonymous on site.

The 'feed your neopet' quest also works when your pet is bloated so doesn't actually have to eat the item!

Guil
10-26-2023, 01:31 PM
The guide turned out great! Glad I could help as well! Thanks for all the hard work!
Soap i didnt realize that with feeding a pet, maybe they changed it? I'll have to test when I can quest next, thanks for the tip!

Soap
10-26-2023, 01:36 PM
The guide turned out great! Glad I could help as well! Thanks for all the hard work!
Soap i didnt realize that with feeding a pet, maybe they changed it? I'll have to test when I can quest next, thanks for the tip!

It was definitely working yesterday so hopefully they haven't patched!

Guil
10-26-2023, 01:38 PM
Soap i know that i wasnt able to get it when i would get the "please no more food" from my pet, but you can feed a bloated pet sometimes one more food. i was able to feed a bloated pet and they ate the food and i got the quest. still trying to see if the "please no more food" reaction will work specifically, but its kinda hard to get there without having fed them to that point. and when you pull out of the lodge looks like they are at that bloated state where they can still eat once

Soap
10-26-2023, 01:41 PM
Soap i know that i wasnt able to get it when i would get the "please no more food" from my pet, but you can feed a bloated pet sometimes one more food. i was able to feed a bloated pet and they ate the food and i got the quest. still trying to see if the "please no more food" reaction will work specifically, but its kinda hard to get there without having fed them to that point. and when you pull out of the lodge looks like they are at that bloated state where they can still eat once

Have you tried feeding while they are in the lodge? I'll also test this as to whether it works and getting the message 'trust your pet is well fed etc'.. be interesting to see or if you beat me to it, do let me know! Would help somewhat not having to take them out!

DarkSkies
10-26-2023, 01:43 PM
Have you tried feeding while they are in the lodge? I'll also test this as to whether it works and getting the message 'trust your pet is well fed etc'.. be interesting to see or if you beat me to it, do let me know! Would help somewhat not having to take them out!

Could anyone help to test this? The feeding with a bloated pet or trying while being on neolodge? :O

Soap
10-26-2023, 01:47 PM
Could anyone help to test this? The feeding with a bloated pet or trying while being on neolodge? :O

Ok just tested on a shell. Feeding while they are in the neolodge doesn't trigger successful quest completion!

'no more food please' also doesn't trigger quest completion. Apologies, I must of been able to feed one more item while bloated as Guil said.

Guil
10-26-2023, 01:49 PM
Soap ok just tested, attempted to feed when in the neolodge does not work, still trying to see if i can swing seeing if the "wont eat" prompt doesnt work but its so hard to get to that point haha

edit: im gonna assume if you get the "no more food" prompt it doesnt work, because i was legit struggling with that when these came out. unless they have changed it. but if anyone is able to let us know!!

the bloated tip is good though, in case people didnt realize you can still feed once after you get to bloated

DarkSkies
10-26-2023, 01:50 PM
Alright thanks Soap ! Neolodge won't work but there is a chance as you said that a pet recently out of neolodge will eat the food, I tried with a shell and somehow it worked xD

I'll add that too!

Ice
10-26-2023, 02:40 PM
Thanks so much for the guide!! Might I suggest embedding more direct links to points of interest on the site for relevant steps, since navigating the site is honestly such a chore? (Ex. for the Stock one make it link to the stock market page, for the training one include the links to the different training schools etc.) Just a suggestion! :)

DarkSkies
10-26-2023, 02:53 PM
Thanks so much for the guide!! Might I suggest embedding more direct links to points of interest on the site for relevant steps, since navigating the site is honestly such a chore? (Ex. for the Stock one make it link to the stock market page, for the training one include the links to the different training schools etc.) Just a suggestion! :)

Gotcha! I'll add those too :D

Forgot how difficult was being on mobile for one sec :(

KJiU
10-26-2023, 09:09 PM
This is the easiest method for the secret avatar for part 5. Thou we can googled it everywhere for answers now haha
-via the Emo Usuki

kalez
10-27-2023, 01:45 PM
Just a heads up, you can't neofriend yourself, doing that does not increment the quest progress for that step.

DarkSkies
10-27-2023, 02:33 PM
Just a heads up, you can't neofriend yourself, doing that does not increment the quest progress for that step.

Thanks for the update, added the correction! :)

Ferengi
10-28-2023, 08:10 AM
Fun fact: if you have already completed the Forgotten Shore or Secret Laboratory Maps, you can go to those links and it will check that item off for the tutorial. No need to pay inflated prices for other treasure maps!

kalez
10-28-2023, 12:45 PM
For the neofriend one you can actually just send one to the TNT account (theneopetsteam).
Sadly this doesn't work for the neomail one though lol