PDA

View Full Version : How do you revive a ryu?

aymo
10-26-2023, 11:21 AM
I had a Ryugotchi a couple years ago but I went inactive and it presumably died. How do you revive them?

Bat
10-26-2023, 11:41 AM
I've never had anybody ask to have their Ryugotchi restored after the death counter takes them away. There's no code for that.

Synth Salazzle
10-26-2023, 01:13 PM
I've never had anybody ask to have their Ryugotchi restored after the death counter takes them away. There's no code for that.

Would a "hibernation" setting be possible for people who go on hiatus? I imagine restoring dead ryus is a no go, but what about future preservation? (It would need to be opt in not default imo but useful for people who plan a hiatus?)

DarkSkies
10-26-2023, 01:17 PM
Would a "hibernation" setting be possible for people who go on hiatus? I imagine restoring dead ryus is a no go, but what about future preservation? (It would need to be opt in not default imo but useful for people who plan a hiatus?)

iirc taking the ryu from your actual stack activates hibernation.

I thought that an user could reborn their ryugotchi when they came online? Was there a limit? :O

aymo
10-26-2023, 01:27 PM

It doesn't seem like i'm able to generate a brand new Ryugotchi if I had one die either. I've tried with the usual methods a few times over the last year or so, feeding scooping etc.

I_royalty_I
10-26-2023, 02:06 PM
I'd also like to know. I'm not sure if I have ever had a ryu but I've been waiting to get the egg or something pop up for me for months and months now. I don't remember ever having one and haven't been able to get one yet. Sad :(

Bat
10-26-2023, 02:13 PM
Your Ryugotchis are currently permadead, so they can't be earned back. I'll look into overturning it.

Guil
10-26-2023, 02:17 PM
I did not even know this was a possibility! :eek: Glad I know now, extra thankful for everyone who kept my poor ryu going while i was inactive!

Thanks for considering a way to bring dead ryus back Bat!

aymo
10-26-2023, 02:22 PM
Your Ryugotchis are currently permadead, so they can't be earned back. I'll look into overturning it.

Thank you Bat! If it's difficult to bring back the dead one, I don't mind earning a new one. I'm not particularly attached. I think it was a dog and i'm actually afraid of dogs anyway. Ha.

Bat
10-26-2023, 02:25 PM
Restoring it isn't the hard part. Telling the server that you're allowed to is. Once you've let your Ryugotchi die enough times, the server takes away the userbar and has no code to give it back. I'm writing that presently.

aymo
10-26-2023, 02:28 PM
Restoring it isn't the hard part. Telling the server that you're allowed to is. Once you've let your Ryugotchi die enough times, the server takes away the userbar and has no code to give it back. I'm writing that presently.

you're the best! i will definitely be more careful next time and will remove the bar from my stack if i'm not very active.

Synth Salazzle
10-26-2023, 02:31 PM
Oh wow I didn't know death was perma as it currently stands. I thought it was dead for like a month then you get a new egg.

I_royalty_I
10-26-2023, 02:49 PM

Shoot, I didn’t even know my poor little guy was given life and it was so tragically taken away. I hope they are resting peacefully until they can be resurrected to their former (supposed) glory!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man, I see the egg and the little guy in my userstack! Youre the best Bat !

Bat
10-26-2023, 02:51 PM
Your Ryugotchi can die roughly five times in a row before it may get locked into permanent death. If you take care of your Ryugotchi at any point after death, then the death count resets.

If your Ryugotchi isn't visible in your userbar stack, then its hearts aren't counting down, and it's not capable of dying. Removing your Ryugotchi from your stack is effectively hibernating, or a hiatus. However you choose to word it.

aymo's and royalty's Ryugotchis are restored.

aymo
10-26-2023, 02:57 PM
Shoot, I didn’t even know my poor little guy was given life and it was so tragically taken away. I hope they are resting peacefully until they can be resurrected to their former (supposed) glory!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man, I see the egg and the little guy in my userstack! Youre the best Bat !

You may want to turn Babysitting on! So other people can feed it.

I_royalty_I
10-26-2023, 03:00 PM
You may want to turn Babysitting on! So other people can feed it.

I have now done so! I will need to explore the rest of the options and figure out how to change the colors and all that fun stuff too.

Synth Salazzle
10-26-2023, 04:04 PM
Your Ryugotchi can die roughly five times in a row before it may get locked into permanent death. If you take care of your Ryugotchi at any point after death, then the death count resets.

If your Ryugotchi isn't visible in your userbar stack, then its hearts aren't counting down, and it's not capable of dying. Removing your Ryugotchi from your stack is effectively hibernating, or a hiatus. However you choose to word it.

aymo's and royalty's Ryugotchis are restored.

Thanks bat! If I go on hiatus I know what to do now