PDA

View Full Version : [GUIDE] How to Develop Your clraik Signature!

Charmander
09-02-2023, 05:41 PM
How to Develop Your clraik Signature

Signatures are a great way to show your personality on clraik and also spice up your posts when interacting in the community. Signatures can be a creative way to share links to threads and guides that you have created in order to spread their awareness to others. Signatures are also a fun way to share art that you have created, and art that others have created for you and be able to credit them! These are just some of the few ways that you can use signatures to express yourself here on clraik!

So let's get to it! This guide is meant to help you build your signature to make it both appealing and also fit within to confines of your character limit.

Character Limit Your Say!?

Yes that's right! There is a character limit set for signatures. This is to help prevent large blocks of text and oversized signatures that can take away and distract from the user's post but also the flow and appearance of the thread. Until recently, the character limit was set to 1,000 characters. Now character limits have been increased based on your clraik rank!

Rank Associated Character Limits

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
1,000*including BBCode markups*

1,250 *including BBCode markups*

1,750 *including BBCode markups*

2,000 *including BBCode markups*

2,500 *including BBCode markups*

Thanks j03 for making this change!

Don't fret on counting your character though! When building your signature the forum will let you know if you are over limit for character limits when you go to Preview/Save your Signature.

Why Don't I Have A Signature?

If you are new to clraik, tend to lurk or only post in the SPAM section may not have unlocked the signature feature. In order to unlock the signature feature you need to post at least 10 non SPAM section posts. So get on out there and express yourself to get this awesome feature. Why not start off by introducing yourself here ([Only registered and activated users can see links])!

Signature Rules

When making your signature please keep the following in mind:

The maximum amount of images you can include is 4 for Newbie Rank and 6 for clraik rank and above.
Overly large or obnoxious signatures will be cleared. Please try and keep images small, or hide them in a spoiler.
Signatures that hint or ask for rep, or signatures containing a rep counter, will also be cleared.
Signature content must abide by the Forum's Rules ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

Tips & Pearls

Want to learn how to hyperlink, edit your text imbed images and more with code? Check out the BBCode Guide ([Only registered and activated users can see links])!
Looking to imbed your art into your signature? Load your images to Imgur ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) then upload the image into your signature using the Imgur provided BBCode. Remember to keep your image side in mind.

Posting hyperlinks to threads can eat up a tonne of characters in your signature. To create brief links you can create a free account at Bitly ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and copy and paste your clraik link that can then be shorted into a biy.ly link and used in your signature. Thanks Unown for giving me this tip!
Looking to save even more space!? If you are running low on character space you can use [thread=*insert thread number*] text [/tread] to directly link to threads on the forum while using minimal characters. Thank you Nyu for making me aware of this!
Use the Table function to help keep things night and aligned and evenly spaced if you are familiar with BBCode for tables. If not here is a lovely BBCode Generator ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) that you can use to enter your signature information and generate your signature in table format.

Hopefully this guide was helpful! This will continue to be a developing Guide so any suggestions from the community on things that should be added for future reference is greatly appreciated!

Thank you to Infected, pennumbra, DarkSkies and KJiU for helping to confirm the Character Limits for signatures!

Zenitsu
09-02-2023, 06:33 PM
Hol' up... So you're telling me I now have twice the space? Wow! I've been struggling to add more family photos to my signature for some time now, and this is definitely a game-changer and a nice change! More perks for ranking up! :D Thank you for the wonderful guide and for keeping us informed, GWN! ๐Ÿ™Œ

Charmander
09-02-2023, 06:38 PM
Hol' up... So you're telling me I now have twice the space? Wow! I've been struggling to add more family photos to my signature for some time now, and this is definitely a game-changer and a nice change! More perks for ranking up! :D Thank you for the wonderful guide and for keeping us informed, GWN! ๐Ÿ™Œ

Yup yup from my understanding it's a pretty recent change:)

Happy family updating Zen!

Synth Salazzle
09-02-2023, 07:50 PM
my sig is a mess from limits, glad to know I have way more space

Unown
09-02-2023, 10:35 PM
Great White North

Is the limit on ocK supposed to be 1,800 or 800?

Great guide!!

Charmander
09-02-2023, 10:56 PM
Great White North

Is the limit on ocK supposed to be 1,800 or 800?

Great guide!!

I was told by DarkSkies that it was 800 but excluded BBC code. That seems to be the only one like that. If there is anyone else who is Official cK who can corroborate this it would be greatly appreciated.

KJiU
09-02-2023, 11:08 PM
I was told by DarkSkies that it was 800 but excluded BBC code. That seems to be the only one like that. If there is anyone else who is Official cK who can corroborate this it would be greatly appreciated.

i went to test and it seems to be 1750 , since i just unlocked ock recently

Charmander
09-02-2023, 11:32 PM
i went to test and it seems to be 1750 , since i just unlocked ock recently

Thanks so much for this!

I'll update the Op.

I wonder if there are some individual variances as well!?

marvelousmarvin
09-02-2023, 11:49 PM
Thank you so much for this! I put a little placeholder since I don't know what I'm going for yet, but knowing how to imbed art is HUGE. I was super awkward about asking, too fkjkgfhjgkf

Cinnamoroll
09-03-2023, 12:56 AM
Thanks for this guide!

I love changing up my signature and itโ€™s fun to see other userโ€™s signatures as well. Itโ€™s a fun way to display some personality and cute art too!

DarkSkies
09-03-2023, 01:21 AM
Nice guide GWN! I didn't know about the short link tip :O

Also I checked again my signature limit and to me keeps saying 800 characters it's the maximum, whether with only text or using images links.

So maybe it's different per user? :S

Infected
09-03-2023, 03:59 AM
Thank you for the guide! Something like this was required on the forum so that it wasn't much guess work until you hit the preview button. Great work as always! And glad I could help!

DarkSkies
09-03-2023, 04:45 PM
I think I figured it out Great White North

This is how it looks from my mobile (800 limit)

And this is how it looks when I try on my computer (1750 limit)

KJiU does this happen to you too on mobile and computer? :S

Charmander
09-03-2023, 06:28 PM

Oooh that is quite interesting indeed! I wonder if upgrades made maybe didn't transfer over to mobile? I don't know the ins and outs of forums. But nice to see that the 1750 is accurate. I'll update the op when I can to reflect that. ๐Ÿ˜€

KJiU
09-03-2023, 09:10 PM
Thanks so much for this!

I'll update the Op.

I wonder if there are some individual variances as well!?

Oh what do you mean by the individual variances ?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes mine was tested on the laptop as i seldom use it on mobile

Charmander
09-03-2023, 09:50 PM
Oh what do you mean by the individual variances ?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes mine was tested on the laptop as i seldom use it on mobile

This was before we figured there was a difference from what was seen on mobile vs the web. When Darkskies said they got 800 I thought maybe there was an individual difference. But it may also be just a difference between mobile and web. So yeah I hope that clears it up. There shouldn't be any individual discrepancies.

kittyray
09-03-2023, 09:57 PM
There's also a character cap for both including and excluding BBCode, which seems to be what DarkSkies is encountering. The 800 character cap is for excluding the BBCode and the 1750 is inclusive of it. From playing with my signature over the years I think all ranks have a cap for each category. So for master it's 1250 excluding markup and 2500 including.

KJiU
09-03-2023, 10:29 PM
This was before we figured there was a difference from what was seen on mobile vs the web. When Darkskies said they got 800 I thought maybe there was an individual difference. But it may also be just a difference between mobile and web. So yeah I hope that clears it up. There shouldn't be any individual discrepancies.

Ah i see i see notd on that

DarkSkies
09-04-2023, 01:46 AM
There's also a character cap for both including and excluding BBCode, which seems to be what DarkSkies is encountering. The 800 character cap is for excluding the BBCode and the 1750 is inclusive of it. From playing with my signature over the years I think all ranks have a cap for each category. So for master it's 1250 excluding markup and 2500 including.

You're right on that, I didn't notice the words include and exclude! That makes better sense now, good one Kitty :D

Charmander
02-19-2024, 12:03 AM
Thank you Nyu for bringing this to my attention and it is now added to the original post! We all love a space saver!

You can use [thread=*insert thread number*] text [/tread] to directly link to threads on the forum while using minimal characters.