PDA

View Full Version : ⚜️ clraik Apriball Network (and apriball guide!)⚜️

Mothman
08-14-2023, 08:46 PM
Hello everyone!

I thought it would be nice, if there is interest, to have a thread dedicated to apriball pokemon collection and trading.
I've been collecting pokemon in apricorn and other special breedable balls for a while now and want to get more into it, so what better than sharing resources and offering a connection to other collectors!

Please feel free to post here if you have pokemon to give away, a spreadsheet to share, aprimon for trade, or anything to add! If you are giving away pokemon, make sure to post which games you are giving from :)

Anyways, here's some cool information!

55511555125551355514555155551655517555185551955520 55521

✨GLOSSARY✨
Apriball - shortened form of 'apricorn ball'
Aprimon - pokemon in apricorn balls
RBY - Red, Blue, Yellow
GSC - Gold, Silver, Crystal
RSE - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
FRLG - Fire Red & Leaf Green
DPPt - Diamond, Pearl, Platinum
HGSS - Heart Gold, Soul Silver
BW/B2W2- Black and White / Black 2 and White 2
XY - X, Y
ORAS - Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
SMUSUM - Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon
LGPE - Let's Go Pikachu and Eeeve
SWSH - Sword and Shield
BDSP - Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl
SV- Scarlet, Violet

✨FAQ✨
⚜️What is an apricorn ball?⚜️
An apricorn ball is one of the following styles of pokeball: heavy, lure, friend, fast, love, level, and moon.
These balls were introduced in GSC, where players can gather different colors of apricorn and give them to Kurt in Azalea town to create these special pokeballs.
In modern Pokemon games, these are more rare and pokemon that are caught in them are prized because of that rarity.
Also included in the group of rare pokeballs are the dream, sport, safari, and beast balls - though they are not apricorn balls, they are also very rare and will be included in this guide and network,

⚜️How do I get apricorn balls?⚜️
First of all, these are all breedable. You are able to pass them down from parent pokemon, which I will explain further below!
In GSC, apricorns are collected from berry trees and given to Kurt to create different apriballs.
In HGSS, the mechanics are the same, except that they are much more accessible and easier to get.
In Sword and Shield, you can feed the Cram-O-Matic ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) apricorns for a VERY low chance of an apricorn ball.
In SV, you are rewarded with apriballs (and a beast ball) for filling out your pokedex. You can also get them from the Academy Ace Tournament ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) at a very low rate, as well as at the Porto Marinada ([Only registered and activated users can see links]_items) auction house.

Other special pokeballs:
55522Safari ([Only registered and activated users can see links])- Catch pokemon in the RBY, RSE, FRLG, DPPt, HGSS, or BDSP safari zones in these pokeballs. You can also get them via the Cram-o-matic in SWSH.
55523Dream ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) - Pokémon transferred from the Pokémon Dream Radar (NDS software) are inside Dream Balls. You can get some in SWSH in Wyndon stadium and in some max raid battles. You can get them in SV via the pokedex rewards, auctions, and the ace tournament.
55524Sport ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) - Used in the bug catching contest in GSC and HGSS only! You have a chance of getting one from the Cram-o-matic in SWSH as well, but other than that this is a very rare ball.
55525Beast ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) - SM and USUM involve beast balls in the storyline of the game. You can get a few in SWSH in certain events and in Wyndon stadium, and in SV via the academy ace tournament only.

⚜️How can I pass down apricorn balls?⚜️
Just like abilities, egg moves, and IVs, you can pass down the pokeball of your pokemon when breeding. The mechanics remain relatively the same from generation to generation, but if something isn't working please look up a guide for the game you are playing on! Small things may change gen to gen.

Overall, Females will pass down their Poke Ball over the egg if bred with a male or another species or with a Ditto.
Males and genderless pokemon will pass down their Poke Ball if bred with a Ditto.
HOWEVER, if your pokemon share a dex number and are bred, there is a 50/50 chance of each pokemon's ball being passed down. This ONLY works if the pokemon are the same exact dex number, so a Charmander and a Charmander will work, but a Charmander and a Charmeleon will not.
Ditto will not pass on it's pokeball.
Some pokeballs will not pass down to offspring - these include the master ball, cherish ball, and strange ball.
Small reminder that when breeding two different species of pokemon, the offspring will be whatever the female pokemon is!

Image from Smogon ([Only registered and activated users can see links]-inheritance)

More FAQ to be added as questions and info come in!

✨RESOURCES✨
📝Spreadsheet with all pokeball legality📝 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]=0)
💬The Aprimarket Discord💬 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
🦤Cram-o-matic mechanics🦤 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Here is a link to my living dex spreadsheet with my apriball collection ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), which I am happy to pull and breed for people if anyone is interested in anything! I can do it in either SWSH or SV.
I also have... 300+ Maschiff in love balls if anyone wants one or ten.....

55511555125551355514555155551655517555185551955520 55521

Synth Salazzle
08-18-2023, 12:00 PM
I have god egg in sword and shield if anyone wants a ball or mon clone in gen 8. Just in case you don't feel like grinding for more, this felt like a good chance to help people have multiple balls they want in gen 8 for raids. (I don't own gen 9 yet I can't help there)

edit to add: I can't and won't try to clone mons that already have touched pokemon home. Sorry for the inconvenience, but they get a secret ID once they hit home and if I try to clone them after that home will eat them.

Kibba
08-18-2023, 12:43 PM
Most of my mons are in Fast Balls :rolleyes:
It's my favorite

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Alister
08-18-2023, 01:10 PM
Moon balls are my favorite just on their own, but my favorite combo is my shiny Mimikryu in its love ball. I do love the animation from beast balls even if I don't like the look of the ball itself much.

Also luxury balls! I like the black and gold a lot too.

Offhand, I know I've got Shinx in moon balls, Fennekin in master balls, Snivy in another type of green ball I don't see pictured, but it's green on top with little red dashes I think, and a billion Momikyu in love balls.