PDA

View Full Version : OG Pokémon Red/Green playable with an emulator/online?

Erik.
08-01-2023, 01:29 PM
This is a looooooooooong shot but does anyone know if I can play the OG Japanese Pokémon Red/Green online or with an emulator, but in English? I'd love to play the game with the original ugly sprites (fetal Mew ftw!) for once. I'd prefer in English lol, or playing it will be a complete hand/eye memory thing. I live for these:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Mothman
08-01-2023, 02:46 PM
Is this one something that would work? ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) It's technically a rom hack of blue, but everything has been reverted to what it was in Green apparently.

Hawking
08-01-2023, 03:25 PM
Visualboy Advance my GBC/GBA emulator of choice. Super user friendly. Download that and a ROM of the pokemon game of your choice. We can't link directly to them here, but there are tons available via google.

Edit:
Charizard/Gyrados/Hitmonlee/Alakazam/Zapdos/Nidoking = my go to OG team.

Erik.
08-01-2023, 05:00 PM
Thanks both, I'll look into it tomorrow and update my post with results :D

Edit: it's working like a charm, thanks both of you! :D Awesome

Erik.
08-03-2023, 05:39 AM
Visualboy Advance my GBC/GBA emulator of choice. Super user friendly. Download that and a ROM of the pokemon game of your choice. We can't link directly to them here, but there are tons available via google.

Edit:
Charizard/Gyrados/Hitmonlee/Alakazam/Zapdos/Nidoking = my go to OG team.

Also my team was always: Charizard, Clefable, Vaporeon, Gengar, Dragonite & Raichu but this time I want to pick Venusaur and Arcanine.

Infected
08-03-2023, 06:32 AM
I'm assuming on emulators you won't be able to get the trade-evolving final evo's anyway, like Gengar, Alakazam, Golem, etc?

Erik.
08-03-2023, 06:54 AM
I'm assuming on emulators you won't be able to get the trade-evolving final evo's anyway, like Gengar, Alakazam, Golem, etc?

Oh right, shit, didn't think of that. Maybe there is a cheat engine to go with the emulator? I'll look into it

Edit: love your avatar by the way, I still own that card from the Pokémon movie!

Hawking
08-03-2023, 08:19 AM
Google gameshark codes for whatever game you're playing. Visualboy has a built-in cheat engine- you just have to paste your gameshark (or actionreplay) code directly into it and it activates.

Synth Salazzle
08-03-2023, 10:55 AM
I literally just bought a Miyoo Mini Plus for this purpose.

Great minds think alike because my partner did too (he's what gave me the idea to get one) and he's actually playing a translated version of green right now as I'm typing this literally for the wonky sprites.

Just know, we can't post the links to full roms to you because that is illegal and falls under distribution of 'warez', you'll have to google search or ask around on discord.

Also you can use gameshark codes to solve the trade evolution issue.

Distributing the emulators is legal however so long as BIOS aren't attached.