PDA

View Full Version : [GUIDE] Cooldown Tips for PGSharp/Spoofing in Pokemon Go

Strat
07-23-2023, 07:05 AM
Hey guys, lately I've seen a few more people start to get into PGSharp and spoofing on Pokémon Go here at clraik, so I thought I would compile this guide for those new to the scene in hopes that it helps you all avoid any soft (or in the worst case, hard) bans while doing so. More on soft/hard bans later.

First things first, what is PGSharp?

For those of you who are unaware of what PGSharp is, if you own an Android device, there is good news for you! PGSharp is a 3rd party version of the app Pokemon Go that allows you to use GPS spoofing and a joystick for walking to essentially 'travel' all around the world without needing to root your device to do so. You can also utilise some other functions, such as auto-hatching eggs, auto-transfer Pokémon after catching, shiny Pokémon 'scanner' and the list goes on. You can find it here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). There are two different versions, the free one and the paid one. The free version gives you access to the basic functions and allows you to 'try before you buy' some of the cool features. Obviously the paid version has a lot more functionality to it. See below for a comprehensive list of free vs. paid functions.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

What is a cooldown?

Now, one of the key reasons people find themselves ending up with an potential ban is due to the fact that they have no idea how the cooldown period works. For example, you're using the app whilst chilling in the heart of New York and you check your 100IV feed to find that there is an epic rare Pokémon in Australia. You then 'teleport' or 'fly' to said Pokémon and catch it...this will then trigger a cooldown period.

The game uses your location to determine where you are at all times. It uses this information to track steps and to show you where Pokéstops and Pokémon are. Because users of PGSharp are able to move quickly from one area to the next, they have implemented a cooldown function. If you move a certain distance at any given time, you will be unable to spin Pokéstops or catch Pokémon until the cooldown stops. If you continue to attempt to do those actions within the cooldown period, you run the risk of your account getting banned. Respecting the cooldown is the easiest way to minimise your account getting flagged or banned. It's always best to err on the side of caution when teleporting and dealing with cooldowns.

Here is a list of how long you have to wait given the distance you are teleporting from and to, as well as a list of actions that may trigger a cooldown.

Actions that WILL trigger cooldown

Catching a wild Pokémon
Accidental drop of a ball on encounter screen (also applicable to raids)
Feeding a wild Pokémon with a berry (also applicable to raids)
Spinning a Pokéstop (even if you've hit the daily spin limit)
Placing a Pokémon in one of the gyms
Feeding a gym defender within screen radar
Gym battles
Fleeing Pokémon (due to daily catch limit)
Use of Virtual Go+ device to spin and catch

Actions that will NOT trigger cooldown

Teleporting
Encountering a wild Pokémon
Remote berry feeding of gym defender (from long distances)
Autowalk
Hatching eggs
Claiming quest and weekly rewards
Catching a reward Pokémon from quests
Speed raids (ensure you are off cooldown two hours prior to this)
Exchanging and opening gifts
Evolving a Pokémon
Powering up a Pokémon
Trading a Pokémon
Transferring a Pokémon
Taking snapshots of a Pokémon
Changing a Buddy
Gaining Buddy candies
Using items (healing items, evolution items, TMs) on a Pokémon
Using Stardust and Candies to gain a second move for Pokémon
Using Incense, Lucky Egg and/or Starpiece
Deleting items from storage
Player vs player (PVP) battles
Team leader vs Player battle
Placing a Lure Module or Special Lure on a Pokéstop
Purchasing coins and shop items
Changing of avatar items/clothes
Transferring a Pokémon to Switch to activate Mystery Box
Obtaining a free raid pass by clicking a gym with an active raid
Encountering and catching certain Pokémon from Photobombs such as Smeargle and Event Exclusive Pokémon

What does getting soft-banned mean?

There are different methods the game developers use to stop people from playing the game how it was not intended to be played (cheating, essentially). A soft ban means that you account isn't permanently banned and you are still able to play the game but won't be able to do certain functions for a certain time, such as spinning Pokéstops or catching Pokémon. Any Pokémon you encounter will always flee and Pokestops will give the Try Again Later message.

What does getting hard-banned mean?

Niantic uses a 3-strike rule. If you cheat or otherwise break their game policies you get 2 temporary restrictions or bans before your account is permanently banned. You can read more about the actions they take during those restrictions here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

PGSharp has added a cooldown timer function as a way to show you how long you need to wait before you can catch Pokémon or spin Pokéstops after a teleport or an action that triggers a cooldown. Sometimes moving quickly if you're walking or running will give you a small timer as well. The best way to not get account restrictions is to use this tool and be respectful of it. Too many occasions of disrespecting the cooldown will get your account potentially banned.

Personally, I have been using PGSharp for over 2.5 years now without one single soft or hard ban notice. As long as you follow the cooldown rules religiously, you should be golden! If you have any further queries about how to use certain functions of the app or any concerns on what to do in general while using it, post below and I will do my best to help out :)

omg.UFOs
07-23-2023, 07:35 AM
:o_o: Just what I needed! I have an Iphone, but I think I can use Bluestacks.

Strat
07-23-2023, 07:52 AM
:o_o: Just what I needed! I have an Iphone, but I think I can use Bluestacks.

I would recommend Mumu Player over Bluestacks. It seems to be able to run PGSharp a lot smoother. The only issue I had with both though was the fact that I could only log into a PTC account and was not able to use gmail or facebook logins :( Let me know how you go!

omg.UFOs
07-23-2023, 08:02 AM
:P I will probably just use Mumu. Bluestacks is making life difficult.

Update:
Mumu Player confirmed working for me!
Just a tip: If you install Mumu for PGSharp, download the APK to your PC first then upload it to the Emulator. Had some minor issues with that but got it going!

I'm going to just cheat on this account and send it to my main!:D

Strat
07-23-2023, 04:47 PM
Awesome news, glad you got it sorted, it honestly changes Pokémon Go for the better imo.

Another tip if people struggle to get this to work with Mumu player, when downloading PGSharp .apk file from the website, try either the ARMv7 or ARM64 versions under "looking for other downloads" section. They seem to be a bit more stable when used in the emulators.

omg.UFOs
07-25-2023, 11:57 AM
Thank you again for making this guide! I've been playing Pokemon GO way more, I got comfortable enough to play my main. Now I can catch Pokemon that have been out of reach for months!

Strat
07-25-2023, 08:31 PM
Thank you again for making this guide! I've been playing Pokemon GO way more, I got comfortable enough to play my main. Now I can catch Pokemon that have been out of reach for months!

You're most welcome, just remember to always follow that cooldown!

Also, another tip right now, maybe avoid trying to follow routes while using PGSharp, a lot of people have been copping 7 day temp bans/warnings after auto-walking the set Routes that have started popping up as part of one of the research tasks. Give the devs of PGSharp a few days/weeks to get on top of it and make sure things are safe in that regard!

birdies
07-25-2023, 09:24 PM
This is really tempting me to go back to my old pokecheating ways - I haven't played since 2018 though, I'd be so far behind.

Strat
07-25-2023, 09:29 PM
This is really tempting me to go back to my old pokecheating ways - I haven't played since 2018 though, I'd be so far behind.

Just think of how much there would be for you to achieve though, endless opportunities :devilish:

omg.UFOs
07-25-2023, 11:07 PM
You're most welcome, just remember to always follow that cooldown!

Also, another tip right now, maybe avoid trying to follow routes while using PGSharp, a lot of people have been copping 7 day temp bans/warnings after auto-walking the set Routes that have started popping up as part of one of the research tasks. Give the devs of PGSharp a few days/weeks to get on top of it and make sure things are safe in that regard!

Thank you, something I found out is my speed was 18km/h, which is over 10 miles an hour.. That seemed slightly quick so I took it down to a more normal walking speed (about 4.6km). I noticed the autowalk rout lines go through buildings, unless im able to suddenly fly that seemed impossible so I try to set my own rout lines that follow what should be the sidewalk and crossing streets, stopping walking when catching pokemon. Auto buying from Neopets prepared me for this! Haha! always bot as humanly as possible!:pride:

Strat
07-25-2023, 11:19 PM
Thank you, something I found out is my speed was 18km/h, which is over 10 miles an hour.. That seemed slightly quick so I took it down to a more normal walking speed (about 4.6km). I noticed the autowalk rout lines go through buildings, unless im able to suddenly fly that seemed impossible so I try to set my own rout lines that follow what should be the sidewalk and crossing streets, stopping walking when catching pokemon. Auto buying from Neopets prepared me for this! Haha! always bot as humanly as possible!:pride:

I found that the default 9.3km/h walk speed is ideal for hatching eggs, give that a try, 18km/h is more likened to riding a bike around. 4.6km/h is a bit too slow imo. I agree with you though on the routes and making it look as human-like as possible by following the sidewalks etc around big things :) Good luck and enjoy!

omg.UFOs
07-25-2023, 11:42 PM
I might bring my walking speed up because I am kind of a brisk walker! I went with 4.6km/h because although it is crippling slow, I looked up the average walking speed of a human and it averages about 5.1km/h (3.2mph) I am being cautious with my main account.

I do agree that 9.3km is a reasonable speed for someone who walks quickly.

I should add: I have a laptop devoted to one thing right now. walking extra slow on Pokemon GO. haha.

chii3d
08-07-2023, 09:19 PM
I know this is maybe not the exact right place to ask but hoping someone who spoofs can help

I need postcards from sandstorm (3), tundra (3), marine (1) and sun (1). Every time I add someone they are either not from that region or stop gifting.

DM me if you'd be willing to help! :) :) Would really appreciate :D

Alister
08-08-2023, 12:02 PM
Did anyone else get hit with the 7 day warning ban for using PoGo Sharp this past weekend? I'm wondering if mine came from using PG Sharp in general, or using PG Sharp to go catch some Rayquazas in London during Go Fest like a reckless idiot, whoops :slothlul:

Strat
08-09-2023, 12:13 AM
Did anyone else get hit with the 7 day warning ban for using PoGo Sharp this past weekend? I'm wondering if mine came from using PG Sharp in general, or using PG Sharp to go catch some Rayquazas in London during Go Fest like a reckless idiot, whoops :slothlul:

Nope, no 7 day ban here. I've been using PGSharp for the past two years with no issues whatsoever. A lot of people who tried to spoof to the various Go Fest locations got slapped with a temp ban, I would say this was the trigger. There was specific measures put in place by Niantic to mitigate spoofers for the event. If people bought a ticket, they would also have to scan a QR code at the gate to prove that they were 'human' and obviously there in person. Those who bought a ticket and didn't scan said QR code were likely spoofers and very easy for them to pick people out that way.

I know this is maybe not the exact right place to ask but hoping someone who spoofs can help

I need postcards from sandstorm (3), tundra (3), marine (1) and sun (1). Every time I add someone they are either not from that region or stop gifting.

DM me if you'd be willing to help! :) :) Would really appreciate :D

I can help you out, let me know the locations these postcards would come from and I can jump there to grab some gifts to hand out. :D Happy to help. Will DM you now to exchange friend codes.

omg.UFOs
08-10-2023, 08:54 AM

Think you'll be able to keep the Rayquaza? :P

Alister
08-10-2023, 09:26 AM
Think you'll be able to keep the Rayquaza? :P

So far so good! I haven't seen any off my ill-gotten gains taken off my account yet. The irony: The best Rayquaza I caught was the first one, 95 IVs, that I caught after being invited to a raid by a friend at the event and using a remote pass to access it legitimately. It was only after that that I was like AW YEAH I WANT A TON OF THESE DUDES and spoofed my way into London. I should have just been patient and waited for the global fest but I got too excited lol

There's a lot of speculation in the PG Sharp reddit page that routes may be risky for spoofers as well. The mods are collecting survey answers on what sort of activities people were up to when they did (or did not) get hit with a ban from this wave to look for patterns. Definitely barging into the region-locked events triggered it but the route thing is still just a hypothesis. I'll report back after they release the results from the poll.

Synth Salazzle
08-13-2023, 06:22 PM
Thanks to this thread I made a new account, started spoofing, and today
I caught FOUR shinies.FOUR. FUCKING. FOUR SHINIES.
three froakie and a swirlix!

Update: I just got trolled by a "shiny" gligar that turned into a ffreakin normal zorua that was sad.

Mothman
08-13-2023, 08:49 PM
Hey - does anyone know if changing the form of a pokemon (like furfrou!) would trigger a cooldown? great guide btw, i may end up spoofing again haha!

Strat
08-14-2023, 01:11 AM
Hey - does anyone know if changing the form of a pokemon (like furfrou!) would trigger a cooldown? great guide btw, i may end up spoofing again haha!

No it doesn't :) you can spoof to your chosen location, change forms and then jump back to where you want to be, no issues.

- - - Updated - - -

So far so good! I haven't seen any off my ill-gotten gains taken off my account yet. The irony: The best Rayquaza I caught was the first one, 95 IVs, that I caught after being invited to a raid by a friend at the event and using a remote pass to access it legitimately. It was only after that that I was like AW YEAH I WANT A TON OF THESE DUDES and spoofed my way into London. I should have just been patient and waited for the global fest but I got too excited lol

There's a lot of speculation in the PG Sharp reddit page that routes may be risky for spoofers as well. The mods are collecting survey answers on what sort of activities people were up to when they did (or did not) get hit with a ban from this wave to look for patterns. Definitely barging into the region-locked events triggered it but the route thing is still just a hypothesis. I'll report back after they release the results from the poll.

Yeah I've also seen this could be a part of triggering accounts to be flagged for investigation too. For now, I would avoid routes until something is done about it/confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I just got trolled by a "shiny" gligar that turned into a ffreakin normal zorua that was sad.

You're welcome and congrats 👏

Mothman
08-14-2023, 12:22 PM
No it doesn't :) you can spoof to your chosen location, change forms and then jump back to where you want to be, no issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I've also seen this could be a part of triggering accounts to be flagged for investigation too. For now, I would avoid routes until something is done about it/confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

You're welcome and congrats 👏

Thank you! I have had a hell of a time getting those forms. :)

Alister
08-14-2023, 01:27 PM

ahaha first zorua I caught mimicked my shiny Kirlia and I was offended by how bamboozled I felt even though I know shiny Pokemon don't appear on the map >.>

and yeah I will never go back to not spoofing in Pokemon Go after this. I actually get to participate in 5 star raids without it having to be my entire day to drive out to a gym to make it in time for a Discord organized fight :')

Synth Salazzle
08-14-2023, 02:56 PM
ahaha first zorua I caught mimicked my shiny Kirlia and I was offended by how bamboozled I felt even though I know shiny Pokemon don't appear on the map >.>

and yeah I will never go back to not spoofing in Pokemon Go after this. I actually get to participate in 5 star raids without it having to be my entire day to drive out to a gym to make it in time for a Discord organized fight :')

I live in a town with less than 1300 people in it. Raiding wasn't possible without paying an arm and a leg for remote passes for me along with some other bs made me full on rage quit pogo. Mainly the other reason being "over a mile between multiple stops" and "I can't drive" being a big angry factor for me
Made a new account, using mumu emulator so I dont potentially get my main banned before I understand what I am doing, and it's game changing. I can never ever go back to the way I used to play before. I knew pogo sucked without mods and if I could spoof I'd actually start to enjoy it. But I could never get it working on bluestacks and I didn't even know other android emulators existed.

Strat
08-14-2023, 11:12 PM
even though I know shiny Pokemon don't appear on the map >.>

Actually, they can appear on the map if you set PGSharp up to do so ;)

Go to Settings > Toggle Nearby Radar 'On' > On the radar 'feed' on the left hand side of the screen, tap the round 'radar' icon > Toggle on 'Only Show Shiny', 'Load Shiny on Map', 'Push Notifications', 'Pause Walking on Shiny', 'Pause Go Plus on Shiny' options ;) VOILA! Any time a shiny is detected, it will show up in the radar feed AND appear as a shiny on the map for you. If you struggle to see where it is, simply click the Pokemon in the feed and it will walk your character to it on the map.

I live in a town with less than 1300 people in it. Raiding wasn't possible without paying an arm and a leg for remote passes for me along with some other bs made me full on rage quit pogo. Mainly the other reason being "over a mile between multiple stops" and "I can't drive" being a big angry factor for me
Made a new account, using mumu emulator so I dont potentially get my main banned before I understand what I am doing, and it's game changing. I can never ever go back to the way I used to play before. I knew pogo sucked without mods and if I could spoof I'd actually start to enjoy it. But I could never get it working on bluestacks and I didn't even know other android emulators existed.

Mumu isn't without its flaws as an emulator, but it seems wayyyyyy more stable than Bluestacks for sure! Glad you are able to get so much more enjoyment out of the game again now :) I have been doing it this way for the past couple of years and it certainly is a game changer for sure.

Strat
12-25-2023, 08:56 PM
Checking in to see how people are going using PGSharp? I'm still alive and kicking on a lot of my accounts. One received a 7 Day ban not too long ago, but nothing since. I also got dicked on by Zorua today actually, showed up as a Frigibax in my local area, caught it and voila, merry heckin' christmas..... Zorua..... -_-

If anyone still needs any advice about cooldowns, needs help obtaining certain pokemon via spoofing etc, feel free to post here or hit me up via DM any time.

Alister
12-27-2023, 02:14 PM
I got hit with the ol' 30 day ban on my main account maybe in September and haven't played PoGo since other than to transfer 'mons from there to Home. Go is one of those things for me that when I'm into it I'm REALLY into it but if I set it aside for a while I stop thinking about it altogether. I don't really want to make alts to play on but don't want my main frozen and can't force myself back to the tedium of playing without spoofing. I'm in a stalemate with the game.

Serebii
12-30-2023, 08:24 AM
Checking in to see how people are going using PGSharp? I'm still alive and kicking on a lot of my accounts. One received a 7 Day ban not too long ago, but nothing since. I also got dicked on by Zorua today actually, showed up as a Frigibax in my local area, caught it and voila, merry heckin' christmas..... Zorua..... -_-

Would you say PGS is overall safe to use nowadays? I got hit with a 7 day on my main about a year and a half ago, and it's scared me off from the game a bit. (Would play legit but I'm one of those poor unfortunate souls who lives in a rural area.)

There's other options for spoofing on android apparently but I rather liked PGS because it didn't require me to root. So if the risk is minimal I'd really like to return to it.

Synth Salazzle
12-30-2023, 08:27 AM
Would you say PGS is overall safe to use nowadays? I got hit with a 7 day on my main about a year and a half ago, and it's scared me off from the game a bit. (Would play legit but I'm one of those poor unfortunate souls who lives in a rural area.)

There's other options for spoofing on android apparently but I rather liked PGS because it didn't require me to root. So if the risk is minimal I'd really like to return to it.

I would call PGsharp safe. The only ban I ever got on it was my own user error and it was a pretty bad error too. Otherwise I've been safe, my alt never got a ban despite using mumu instead of a real phone like I do for my main.

Strat
12-31-2023, 12:42 AM

As Synthbass has stated, it's reasonably safe, so long as you follow strict cooldowns and act as 'human-like' as possible without going overboard on the spoofing. Think of it as an aid to help you alongside playing legitimately. I'll spoof to a location, stay there for a few days and play, take a break for another couple of days and then spoof somewhere else. Make it look as though you could be travelling on holiday etc.

I got hit with a 7 day ban a few months ago after trying the new route feature in the game with PGS and apparently others got done at the same time for it. Stopped playing for about a month, came back to regularly spoofing after that and am still all good so far :) Good luck!

I got hit with the ol' 30 day ban on my main account maybe in September and haven't played PoGo since other than to transfer 'mons from there to Home. Go is one of those things for me that when I'm into it I'm REALLY into it but if I set it aside for a while I stop thinking about it altogether. I don't really want to make alts to play on but don't want my main frozen and can't force myself back to the tedium of playing without spoofing. I'm in a stalemate with the game.

I tend to take time off from playing every now and then as well, I will always come back to it at some point, whether it be when a new event pops up or something piques my interest/I have nothing better to be doing. I found that playing the game more casually instead of jumping in balls deep again has been much more enjoyable for me personally. Maybe the same could be said for yourself? Give it a go, you may find more enjoyment out of it that way. I have several alts that I have a habit of switching between depending on what I want to be doing. I find, using those to obtain rarer mon is a good way to keep my main safer, as eventually, I can just trade those mon to my main if I so wish etc.

Excalibur
01-21-2024, 11:59 PM
hey Strat, i love this!

question is this something i can use for bluestacks? i used to use panda sharp? im just curious if i would be able to do the same.

Strat
01-22-2024, 02:38 AM
hey Strat, i love this!

question is this something i can use for bluestacks? i used to use panda sharp? im just curious if i would be able to do the same.

Bluestacks is no longer compatible with it unfortunately, try Mumu though and see how you go, I used that a few times with success a couple of months ago as an emulator on PC :)

Excalibur
01-22-2024, 01:19 PM
Bluestacks is no longer compatible with it unfortunately, try Mumu though and see how you go, I used that a few times with success a couple of months ago as an emulator on PC :)

thanks alot Strat! ill give it a go when i touchdown! been wanting to spoof for a bit. loved using that pandahelper app. idk it was a lot funner to me than getting my cardio in. i worked out quite frequently and i grew tired of constant cardio.

Devouredsoul
02-01-2024, 02:29 AM
I used to use iTools for my ipad
it was like $100+ with tax for the device thing and at first it worked fine but the thing is it depends on what ios update you're on to work.
it stopped working when ios17 came out and then been like what? since september? i haven't even touched the game since
literally unable to spoof and the little device is just there collecting DUST.

they have a discord in which they have a channel to let you know what update it currently works with and what doesn't but they don't ping you to warn not to update and it's like ????? If y'all know why not warn??

i should have invested in an android and rooted it myself. oh well #FirstWorldProblems