PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Sleep!

chii3d
07-21-2023, 02:11 PM
I didn't see a thread for this. Is anyone playing pokemon sleep? So far I have collected a cubone, psyduck, and squirtle!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
([Only registered and activated users can see links])
The art for the game is really cute and I like the lineless look. I also like that you can just kind of feed your snorlax lunch and then move on with your day -- not really time heavy. I saw you can even get shinies!

What do you guys think? :)

Friend Codes! If you're looking for some friends to add :)
billytiddles
1577-4497-9647

Bulbasaur
1390-6053-0102

cactiyote
8029-3384-8423

Carialle
0617-0010-6704

chii3d
2894-8508-1517

Dasvidaniya
2702-5156-6022

Dracarys
0459-3986-6603

Excalibur
1333-8543-0245

Great White North
3377-7746-2324

John Cena
5168-8290-2199

Maia
1306-0246-0938

Maneki Neko
5722-5435-8849

OmenMain
1943-5100-6657

RadLapras
2389-4694-3667

rodelicious
8875-0817-6672

Excalibur
07-21-2023, 02:15 PM
I didn't see a thread for this. Is anyone playing pokemon sleep? So far I have collected a cubone, psyduck, and squirtle!

The art for the game is really cute and I like the lineless look. I also like that you can just kind of feed your snorlax lunch and then move on with your day -- not really time heavy. I saw you can even get shinies!

its only out for android right now right? i have iphone so i havent seen anything on the store.

chii3d
07-21-2023, 02:33 PM
Excalibur I have iphone and have had it installed for I think two days now. I know it is region based, it just came out for United States.

kittyray
07-21-2023, 02:43 PM
I just peeked on the app store and I have it on ios in the US. It seems like the kind of thing meant for a smartwatch or something else that's more built to track sleep, which I guess is where the PoGo plus comes into play? I'm not sure, I don't have one.

chii3d
07-21-2023, 02:47 PM
I bought the pokemon go plus + so I have been using it with the app. The first few nights didn't work extremely well -- only tracked 4 hours of my total nights sleep. I guess it's not meant to be set on the nightstand. I set it next to my pillow last night and it did track the full sleep.

My SO doesn't have the plus + so is just setting his phone down during sleep like the app tells you to do and it seems to work fine.

Excalibur
07-21-2023, 02:56 PM
Excalibur I have iphone and have had it installed for I think two days now. I know it is region based, it just came out for United States.

you were right. i have now downloaded the holy trinity. GO HOME SLEEP
---
thanks for this post i am now rocking the ice cream sammy

hellraid
07-21-2023, 02:59 PM
This looks kind of cute, I have to try this out acutally. Would be very interesting. Thank you for sharing!

chii3d
07-21-2023, 03:03 PM

you were right. i have now downloaded the holy trinity. GO HOME SLEEP
---
thanks for this post i am now rocking the ice cream sammy

Eyyy grats! The ice cream and the GO HOME SLEEP sandwich! Looks cute together.

Sneasel
07-21-2023, 03:10 PM
Oh did not know it is out yet.
I will try it out, but my bed is always busy with kids and dogs, lol... And normally don't have my phone in my bed.
Maybe we get Apple Watch compability, I don't want to purchase another wearable only for the one app.

chii3d
07-21-2023, 03:15 PM
Oh did not know it is out yet.
I will try it out, but my bed is always busy with kids and dogs, lol... And normally don't have my phone in my bed.
Maybe we get Apple Watch compability, I don't want to purchase another wearable only for the one app.

I would love apple watch compatibility, but I don't even think we have this in pokemon go yet. They really want to push their $60 peripherals but it is the capitalism way I suppose.

pillowfighter
07-21-2023, 03:22 PM
It’s so adorable! I’m enjoying it so far and am avoiding having to pay for anything heheh.
I got so excited this morning to find a little curled up meowth ;__;

Also I saw this on twitter and laughed

chii3d
07-21-2023, 03:33 PM
It’s so adorable! I’m enjoying it so far and am avoiding having to pay for anything heheh.
I got so excited this morning to find a little curled up meowth ;__;

Also I saw this on twitter and laughed

Aw! I was really happy to find psyduck he's one of my favorites. I like ducks tho :)

I'm actually dying over this guess it's keeping track of your farts thats great :quighype:

Ice
07-21-2023, 10:36 PM
Ahh yeah I heard of some of my friends trying it out +_+ the Pokemon apps are really just so cute and sweet even if they're not out there changing the world so I really want to try this out. My phone OS is super outdated though since I keep an older model so I have a feeling I won't be able to download it until I have a chance to upgrade ;/

Mothman
07-21-2023, 10:49 PM
i want to use this but i am NOT buying that pokemon go++, and i don't really like the idea of leaving my phone unlocked face down on my bed like it says :( it looks so cute though..........

chii3d
07-22-2023, 10:19 AM
I got Spheal today! He’s so cute.
mothmen you could try and see how your phone does? I was concerned about it too which was the reason I just went and bought the plus + grudgingly. My SO says it works just fine and the phone goes to sleep. Not sure though also since it’s only been a week.
Ice ugh! You can still play Magikarp jump instead best Pokémon phone game!

Excalibur
07-22-2023, 02:34 PM
what are your codes ? Lets add each other!!

1333-8543-0245

John Cena
07-22-2023, 02:36 PM
I love this, it's so cute o:

My code is 5168-8290-2199 if anyone wants to add!

chii3d
07-22-2023, 06:23 PM
what are your codes ? Lets add each other!!

1333-8543-0245

I love this, it's so cute o:

My code is 5168-8290-2199 if anyone wants to add!

Ooo yes! Added you both ^__^

Sneasel
07-23-2023, 04:09 AM
I got this Cutie today:

I don't have the Pokedevice, and even I sleep together with my husband, the dogs and sometimes a kid or two in my bed, it kinda works, I just don't know, if all sleep data is from me only *lol* Yes we have a big bed ^^

Oh, yes, will add you, this is my Code:
0617-0010-6704

John Cena
07-23-2023, 05:59 AM
Got squirtle today! It also caught me snoring, so now I don't have an excuse when my partner says I'm noisy

chii3d
07-23-2023, 11:02 AM
Carialle added you!

I got this guy today

He honestly looks so happy to be with my team

Excalibur
07-23-2023, 11:12 AM
the amount of talking, snoring and movement i have in my sleep is scary..

chii3d
07-23-2023, 11:32 AM

Got squirtle today! It also caught me snoring, so now I don't have an excuse when my partner says I'm noisy

How are you getting it to track the noises? Mine says it doesn't have any audio recordings and the dB meter never goes up.

Alcremie
07-23-2023, 11:49 AM
So far I have squirtle, dodrio, geodude, swablu,and larvitar. I have a sleep score of 81 and am "slumbering type" lol "unusually long, heavy sleep"..... oooof. But I did start it on the weekend. Curious on what it'll say during the week when I have to get up early for work.

I do not have the mental strength to listen to the 3 recordings it made but it might just be my partner getting into bed later and calling the cat to come sleep with us. Yeeeah let's go with that B)

Friend code: 0459-3986-6603

Excalibur
07-23-2023, 11:56 AM
How are you getting it to track the noises? Mine says it doesn't have any audio recordings and the dB meter never goes up.

you would have had to accept the microphone settings. i think its: "What are the audio recordings used for? Can I turn the off the audio recording function?

You can listen to the audio recordings after you finish tracking your sleep. Audio recordings are not shared with any third parties, they are not shared through the Research Community, and they are never sent to our servers. Audio recordings are only saved on your device and remain available for either 24 hours after your last sleep tracking session or until you begin your next sleep tracking session.

To turn off the audio recording function, select Audio Recordings while reviewing your sleep data and choose Disable Recording.

Note: Even with audio recordings disabled, Pokémon Sleep requires permission to access your microphone in order to track your sleep.
I tried to track my sleep but saw the message, “No valid sleep sessions were found.”

This message appears when the app is unable to properly track sleep and may, therefore conclude that you were not sleeping. This may occur when the app senses intense movement from you for a certain length of time"

found on their website <3

Charmander
07-23-2023, 02:14 PM
I'm going to give this a try and see. I wonder if it will pick up my spouse lol

- - - Updated - - -

chii3d
07-23-2023, 03:07 PM

you would have had to accept the microphone settings. i think its: "What are the audio recordings used for? Can I turn the off the audio recording function?

You can listen to the audio recordings after you finish tracking your sleep. Audio recordings are not shared with any third parties, they are not shared through the Research Community, and they are never sent to our servers. Audio recordings are only saved on your device and remain available for either 24 hours after your last sleep tracking session or until you begin your next sleep tracking session.

To turn off the audio recording function, select Audio Recordings while reviewing your sleep data and choose Disable Recording.

Note: Even with audio recordings disabled, Pokémon Sleep requires permission to access your microphone in order to track your sleep.
I tried to track my sleep but saw the message, “No valid sleep sessions were found.”

This message appears when the app is unable to properly track sleep and may, therefore conclude that you were not sleeping. This may occur when the app senses intense movement from you for a certain length of time"

found on their website <3

Thank you!! Hmm, I checked it seems like I have the recording option enabled, but a pop up never happened asking if it could use my mic so probably not actually enabled. It's gotta be something to do with tracking using the plus + because this game is a bit buggy.
Dracarys added you!

Excalibur
07-23-2023, 06:29 PM
yeah no i have full on records lol

dont do it though. people have been posting them on fb its cringe and hilarious lol

chii3d
07-23-2023, 08:17 PM
Okay, I checked the FAQ on the plus + and it says it does not do the recording feature. Kind of a let down to be losing features after paying for this, but ok ok no probs.

Charmander
07-23-2023, 11:42 PM
Here is my code for yall!

3377-7746-2324

billytiddles
07-23-2023, 11:48 PM
Wait how long has this been out? I've been discussing sleep apps recently and now caught this thread - hopefully just a coincidence! I'll be downloading it tonight!

Anyone try it on the bed while still plugged in to charge? I'm worried it being tethered to the outlet might impact it

chii3d
07-23-2023, 11:54 PM
billytiddles it has only been out in the US for a few days. If your phone doesn't normally get hot while charging, it should be fine to use. The screen goes to sleep.
Great White North I added you!

billytiddles
07-23-2023, 11:58 PM
billytiddles it has only been out in the US for a few days. If your phone doesn't normally get hot while charging, it should be fine to use. The screen goes to sleep.
Great White North I added you!

That's even weirder! Now I'm thinking one of the largest brands in the world developed an app just to mess with me :o_o:

chii3d
07-24-2023, 12:03 AM
That's even weirder! Now I'm thinking one of the largest brands in the world developed an app just to mess with me :o_o:

Yes ofc! That means you must download it! :quighype:

Pokemon sleep was actually announced 4 years ago. I was really excited at the time because I'm lazy and like snorlax. I had assumed it was cancelled after a year or so but here we are!

billytiddles
07-24-2023, 12:23 AM
Downloaded! Let's see how the first couple of nights go!

It's pretty crazy to think of how long this potentially was being developed for... Either it was put on hold or we should be buckling in for some amazing technology!

Cookie Tray
07-24-2023, 12:32 AM
Wait how long has this been out? I've been discussing sleep apps recently and now caught this thread - hopefully just a coincidence! I'll be downloading it tonight!

Anyone try it on the bed while still plugged in to charge? I'm worried it being tethered to the outlet might impact it

Yes! The app actually suggests you keep it next to you on the bed while it's plugged in so your battery doesn't die overnight. It would likely otherwise use a lot of battery.

It's very cute - I think as a sleep tracking app it's ... as good as a sound-based sleep tracker goes, which is not accurate haha! But I love to see the poses of the pokemon and want to catch more so I'm continuing to use it anyway :)

chii3d
07-24-2023, 12:36 PM
A couple cool things today! A new week started.

Snorlax on the island map is kind of a neat green color! Island variant snorlax

You can get shinies! Check out meowth
55077 55078

billytiddles
07-24-2023, 04:29 PM
First night of sleep for me! Good thing I was on vacation so I actually got a decent sleep duration.

Got like 5 pokemon to start, is that normal?

John Cena
07-24-2023, 04:41 PM
Yes! The app actually suggests you keep it next to you on the bed while it's plugged in so your battery doesn't die overnight. It would likely otherwise use a lot of battery.

On this point, I don't have an outlet near my bed but I noticed that it didn't drain my battery much the past few nights. :) I started with like 86% last night and still had in the 80's this morning, which really surprised me. I'm not sure if it's just my phone, but it appears to be fine on battery life!

Sneasel
07-24-2023, 04:46 PM
Yes I noticed that as well on my battery. started with 100% and was 89% in the morning.

chii3d
07-24-2023, 04:58 PM
First night of sleep for me! Good thing I was on vacation so I actually got a decent sleep duration.

Got like 5 pokemon to start, is that normal?
So cute!! Congrats! :)

Yes I noticed that as well on my battery. started with 100% and was 89% in the morning.

On this point, I don't have an outlet near my bed but I noticed that it didn't drain my battery much the past few nights. :) I started with like 86% last night and still had in the 80's this morning, which really surprised me. I'm not sure if it's just my phone, but it appears to be fine on battery life!

Oh, that's really good news! Seems to be easy on the phone battery then :)

Charmander
07-24-2023, 06:15 PM
Oooh thanks for the info John Cena! I don't like leaving my phone plugged in overnight so I'll try it without my phone plugged in tonight!

Miu
07-24-2023, 06:25 PM
I just got my Sleep in the mail today!
Excited to "sleep" with it for the first time :pride:

chii3d
07-25-2023, 12:34 AM

Let us know how it goes!

They did maintenance tonight so hoping the games a bit less buggy now.

heathen
07-25-2023, 05:26 AM
Hmm, I may have to look into getting a Go +. My phone is always almost totally dead by the end of the day, and since I use it as my alarm clock I can't exactly leave it unplugged overnight. The app looks so cute and I really do want to give it a spin. Maybe I'll give it a go this weekend since I shouldn't have any early morning responsibilities to worry about lol.

Alcremie
07-25-2023, 07:33 AM
Hmm, I may have to look into getting a Go +. My phone is always almost totally dead by the end of the day, and since I use it as my alarm clock I can't exactly leave it unplugged overnight. The app looks so cute and I really do want to give it a spin. Maybe I'll give it a go this weekend since I shouldn't have any early morning responsibilities to worry about lol.

The sleep app has a built in alarm to wake you up but I've been afraid to use it in case it somehow doesn't work/is too quiet. But that may be another option to try :D

Miu
07-25-2023, 07:37 AM

if you play Pokemon Go, then its a must! i highly recommend it!
It's much better than my Pokebal Plus.
The best part is, Pikachu sings to you :redface:

Excalibur
07-25-2023, 08:24 AM

ohhh! whats your friend code? Im trying to get all 50 friends lol

Miu
07-25-2023, 09:43 AM
ohhh! whats your friend code? Im trying to get all 50 friends lol

i dont have any more room for friends lmao!
let me clear out some friends who arent playing first :o_o:

Evelynn
07-25-2023, 09:46 AM
When this app was first announced, I honestly found it a bit weird. And honestly, I do still think it is a little weird. But I have to confess curiosity about it too, what with the different sleeping styles and all. I personally suffer from hypersomnia, so I wonder if that would mean I get to catch super rare Pokemon as a result of that. So I'm currently wrestling with the idea of downloading it to see if I will catch rare Pokemon, or if I even want to in the first place... Do you guys think the sleep data is being stored/resold kind of like how Pokemon Go was using location data for things?

heathen
07-25-2023, 09:47 AM
if you play Pokemon Go, then its a must! i highly recommend it!
It's much better than my Pokebal Plus.
The best part is, Pikachu sings to you :redface:

Okay, that's adorable haha. I need it!

The built in alarm feature is really good to know about! I'll definitely want to test it on a non-working day to make sure I respond well to it lol. My internal clock will not take over and get my butt outta bed at 4am without some verified help. :stung:

Alcremie
07-25-2023, 10:29 AM
When this app was first announced, I honestly found it a bit weird. And honestly, I do still think it is a little weird. But I have to confess curiosity about it too, what with the different sleeping styles and all. I personally suffer from hypersomnia, so I wonder if that would mean I get to catch super rare Pokemon as a result of that. So I'm currently wrestling with the idea of downloading it to see if I will catch rare Pokemon, or if I even want to in the first place... Do you guys think the sleep data is being stored/resold kind of like how Pokemon Go was using location data for things?

I have the same problem lol, the app told me I have unusually long heavy sleeps. Can't really sleep as much as I want during the week but you bet I am sleeping insane hours on the weekend.

Their privacy notice states they keep the information on their servers. It can be shared but I have my phone set to where it doesn't share my data to other sources or track data from other apps. I've worked data privacy for 10 years, on a scale from off the grid prepper to Facebook Cambridge Analytica Scandal.....it falls pretty low. That said, as a general note make sure the privacy settings on your phone are updated to your liking. I loathe advertisements and so much more when they're targeted.

Evelynn
07-25-2023, 10:38 AM
I have the same problem lol, the app told me I have unusually long heavy sleeps. Can't really sleep as much as I want during the week but you bet I am sleeping insane hours on the weekend.

Their privacy notice states they keep the information on their servers. It can be shared but I have my phone set to where it doesn't share my data to other sources or track data from other apps. I've worked data privacy for 10 years, on a scale from off the grid prepper to Facebook Cambridge Analytica Scandal.....it falls pretty low. That said, as a general note make sure the privacy settings on your phone are updated to your liking. I loathe advertisements and so much more when they're targeted.

Yeah, in all honesty, a company knowing my sleep patterns isn't really like... Weird to me. I guess the information could be sold to companies that potentially could market from it, like I guess mattress companies or companies that sell blankets and stuff. For data that is useful for people, I can't really see it as being useful. I guess for me though, it's just that it's so weird that it makes me feel a bit strange about it. But also, there's that part of me that is just like "omg Pokemon" which... I guess is why they can kind of make random games like this and generate hype?

I'm practically a pro at sleeping though so I would get super high scores in this game.

Patamon
07-25-2023, 11:15 AM
How have I not heard of this! It looks interesting, and I am desperate to try anything that will help me with me sleep lol Downloading now!

Alcremie
07-25-2023, 11:24 AM
Yeah, in all honesty, a company knowing my sleep patterns isn't really like... Weird to me. I guess the information could be sold to companies that potentially could market from it, like I guess mattress companies or companies that sell blankets and stuff. For data that is useful for people, I can't really see it as being useful. I guess for me though, it's just that it's so weird that it makes me feel a bit strange about it. But also, there's that part of me that is just like "omg Pokemon" which... I guess is why they can kind of make random games like this and generate hype?

I'm practically a pro at sleeping though so I would get super high scores in this game.

Blankets, pillows, energy drinks, supplements....who knows honestly but I am kinda curious now lol. I won't know because all I get are untargeted gambling ads. But they're too late for that too cuz I already have Neopets! haha. I don't think it'll help with sleep that much but the research results are interesting at least.

RadLapras
07-25-2023, 01:12 PM
I used this for the first time last night, can anybody hear the sounds that were recorded? I was hoping to hear some funny/weird shit I said in my sleep but it doesn't seem to be actually recording any sound.

edit: Reading some other posts about the alarm, I am a HEAVY sleeper and that alarm was able to wake me up. I was mainly confused as to what was happening bc I'm used to an iPhone alarm but it definitely woke me up.

Sneasel
07-26-2023, 07:20 AM
Another Dog Cutie today :)

Miu
07-26-2023, 07:39 AM
i didnt know it records sound.......... is this really true?

Nyanobyte
07-26-2023, 07:43 AM
Last night was my first time giving this a try after seeing this thread. Figured why not, i've never tracked my sleep before and aside from being creeped out something is listening to me sleep it seems easy enough! I wasn't sure what to expect and am still wandering around the app now, checking everything out but was so excited to see a new Pokemon I had to run here and share! (I think since this is the first night for me its giving me a few extra Pokemon to get going, but this seems to be like the 'reward' for sleeping.)

About to hand out some biscuits to everyone now ^-^
Thanks for the thread on this, its a super cute game!

chii3d
07-26-2023, 12:07 PM
Updated the first post with friend codes! Let me know if I missed anyone or if you want your code added!

Ice
07-26-2023, 03:32 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I was actually curious about this exact thing - have you tried it out yet? And if so what was the verdict :o I don't think I've ever really snored in my life for example, but sometimes my partner does and I could imagine that getting picked up.

Alcremie
07-26-2023, 03:54 PM
I was actually curious about this exact thing - have you tried it out yet? And if so what was the verdict :o I don't think I've ever really snored in my life for example, but sometimes my partner does and I could imagine that getting picked up.

Yes it does! Most of the recordings it makes are my tossing and turning. and then the rest are my partner lol

Ice
07-26-2023, 03:58 PM
Yes it does! Most of the recordings it makes are my tossing and turning. and then the rest are my partner lol

Haha those recordings must be funny to listen to then, lol! From a user standpoint, do you think the fact that your results aren't truly comprised of data from just "you" lessens the experience? Or are people really just doing this for cute pokemon collecting xD somehow I am guessing the latter lol

RadLapras
07-26-2023, 04:02 PM

I can't get any of my recordings to work! I bought the PokemonGo+ when it arrives hopefully I'll be able to hear something

Charmander
07-26-2023, 05:17 PM

My partner works shift and the first night I did it when they were home we had a massive storm so I can't be a true judge yet. I'll update you after tonight!

OmenMain
07-27-2023, 01:50 PM
I have a diglett, magnemite, pikachu, and charmander.
I've always had a problem with snoring but apparently, I've only snored once while using the app! The recordings on my phone pick up every noise, maybe it's a phone placement issue (if you can't get the recordings to work) or app issue

Ice
07-27-2023, 03:14 PM
Sooo I actually got a chance to try this out on my own for a short sleep (just 90 min x2) because I am a day napper 🤣 it was a pretty cute experience overall and I love the rng pokemon catching. Although the second cycle I slept I only attracted three pichus 😂 looking forward to what a full night's sleep will bring!

Excalibur
07-27-2023, 03:22 PM
adding everyone in the list! dont be afraid to post your code. in doing so we can help each other get candies to level up the mons.

OmenMain
07-27-2023, 03:31 PM
Updated the first post with friend codes! Let me know if I missed anyone or if you want your code added!

I'd love to be added! 1943-5100-6657

chii3d
07-27-2023, 05:33 PM
I'd love to be added! 1943-5100-6657

Added you to the first post and in game also! Keep those codes coming if you're playing ^-^

rodelicious
07-28-2023, 08:40 AM
Feel free to add me as well! I'm going to be adding people on the front page as they are added

Researcher ID: 8875-0817-6672

chii3d
07-28-2023, 11:12 AM
Feel free to add me as well! I'm going to be adding people on the front page as they are added

Researcher ID: 8875-0817-6672

Added you! :D

So today I got Jigglypuff but I didn't have enough cookies to make them come home with me. :(

Bulbasaur
07-28-2023, 11:16 AM
If anyone would like to add mine, my code is: 1390-6053-0102

:korbie_blush:

I seem to be more of a Dozing type lol

rodelicious
07-28-2023, 02:45 PM
Is there a way to get more cookies? I fed a spheal 4/5 and couldn't bring it home either

Harvest Goddess
07-28-2023, 05:07 PM
You can buy cookies from the general - premium or regular shops! When you click the premium card it should give you an option to purchase from any of them!

You can redeem like diamonds and stuff that you earn!

- - - Updated - - -

I just got me a shiny bonsly! And am stoked.

chii3d
07-28-2023, 05:48 PM
You can buy cookies from the general - premium or regular shops! When you click the premium card it should give you an option to purchase from any of them!

You can redeem like diamonds and stuff that you earn!

- - - Updated - - -

I just got me a shiny bonsly! And am stoked.

Ooo grats! How does he look!

Harvest Goddess
07-28-2023, 06:33 PM

I love him. I seriously stared at my screen half awake and bleary eyed like, "No fucking way that's a shiny bonsly right now?"

Charmander
07-28-2023, 07:48 PM

I love him. I seriously stared at my screen half awake and bleary eyed like, "No fucking way that's a shiny bonsly right now?"

Congrats on this!!!! That's so cool! I finally saw a Cyndiquil but I didn't have enough cookies. RiP!

Maia
07-28-2023, 09:18 PM
if anyone wants to add me, my researcher ID is: 1306-0246-0938
c:

Maneki Neko
07-29-2023, 12:11 AM
My wife has the Pokemon Sleep device thingie. The little song Pikachu sings for you at bed time...
My heart melts. I like to sing along.
Personally I prefer my smartwatch for sleep tracking but I think it's a cute little device and game.

chii3d
07-30-2023, 06:00 PM

SOOOO cute! It's ready for spring!

if anyone wants to add me, my researcher ID is: 1306-0246-0938
c:
Added you to the first page! :D and to my game as well

My wife has the Pokemon Sleep device thingie. The little song Pikachu sings for you at bed time...
My heart melts. I like to sing along.
Personally I prefer my smartwatch for sleep tracking but I think it's a cute little device and game.

It's SO cute! You can preview different noises for pikachu in the sleep app also. I don't think I unlocked them all yet but they're all very very cute.

Charmander
07-30-2023, 06:56 PM
I was happy to get a little totodile this morning! He's so cute!

I'm quite liking this little app! It fun. I do wish it synced up to smart watche other than the Pokémon one though. Maybe one day they will integrate them.

Maneki Neko
07-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Do you guys have the little dongle device thing? I was informed that you can play Pokemon Sleep with just your phone! So I want to try! I just don't want my phone to overheat. If using your phone, where do you put it while you sleep?

I've sent everyone a friend request ^o^

chii3d
07-31-2023, 12:27 PM
Do you guys have the little dongle device thing? I was informed that you can play Pokemon Sleep with just your phone! So I want to try! I just don't want my phone to overheat. If using your phone, where do you put it while you sleep?

I have it! I leave the pokeball by my pillow. I leave my phone charging on my nightstand like I always have but you could do whatever with your phone overnight. The pokeball will track your sleep by itself :)

I got jiggypuff today which is a favorite of mine!

RadLapras
07-31-2023, 05:37 PM

I've been using my phone for a week and it's never overheated. The app doesn't seem to use any function when it's in the "sleep" mode, I was /drunk/ and didn't charge my phone and used the app and the battery barely went down.

Excalibur
07-31-2023, 08:24 PM
im starting to get the idea this is pay to capture your pokemon.. so many times where i needed just one more biscuit its an extra 23 bucks... this is crazy. does anyone else get this feeling?

chii3d
07-31-2023, 10:00 PM
im starting to get the idea this is pay to capture your pokemon.. so many times where i needed just one more biscuit its an extra 23 bucks... this is crazy. does anyone else get this feeling?

I saw that and the premium sub is crazy pricey for the amount of play time you have within the game. You can use your sleep points to buy cookies which I did a few days ago. But each of the basic cookies only gives one heart!

Excalibur
08-01-2023, 06:58 AM
I saw that and the premium sub is crazy pricey for the amount of play time you have within the game. You can use your sleep points to buy cookies which I did a few days ago. But each of the basic cookies only gives one heart!

right?! and whats this with allowing 50 friends and 500 requests?! i think it should be flipped around... did they limit pokemon go friends? i dont remember

John Cena
08-01-2023, 07:15 AM

I think they have it that was to incentivise you to pay for more cookies, but at the same time you can always wait until the next time you encounter that pokemon to be friends with it :) It saves the friendship points amount. Also if you see a pokemon that says "hungry" by it, it usually has a multiplier so that your cookies are worth more and you can make friends with it right away.
Personally I feel like the game is very slow, which I think it's supposed to be? It's not exactly supposed to be a "catch them all - right now" type of game from my understanding, I believe it's just supposed to be a cute little activity that encourages you to sleep and sometimes when you wake up you can make a cute new little pokemon friend <3

Alcremie
08-01-2023, 08:25 AM

Yeah, that's the problem with any phone app nowadays. I tend to hoard in-game currency and items though so I usually have enough. Idk I guess just stockpile the cookies until you get enough to capture a Pokemon? Not ideal but at least the same ones can respawn the next mornings for more cookies. I usually give that music note cookie and two pokeball cookies and that's enough for one 1st stage pokemon.

Dasvidaniya
08-01-2023, 02:22 PM
I finally downloaded this to see what its about :) I'm terrible about going to sleep at a reasonable hour, but here goes xD
What does having friends in this "game" do? Like how do we interact with each other or is there some type of daily bonus?

My friend code:
2702-5156-6022

chii3d
08-01-2023, 04:20 PM
right?! and whats this with allowing 50 friends and 500 requests?! i think it should be flipped around... did they limit pokemon go friends? i dont remember

I think the pokemon go friend list limit is 200. I delete people after we've both got the best friend bonus who don't live near me and never had a problem with the limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I finally downloaded this to see what its about :) I'm terrible about going to sleep at a reasonable hour, but here goes xD
What does having friends in this "game" do? Like how do we interact with each other or is there some type of daily bonus?

My friend code:
2702-5156-6022

Added! The friends give you bonus pokemon candies if you check in on their research every day :)

Dasvidaniya
08-01-2023, 09:13 PM
Ouuu that sounds handy! Thanks for the info :D I added everyone so hopefully that'll help starting out lol.

What's everyone's favorite pkmn they've found so far? c:

Excalibur
08-01-2023, 09:25 PM
i really wished i was able to add everyone lol. yeah so im just slowing my pokemon sleep catching addiction down. i spent 20 and i AM DONE.

i do not want to spend money on phone games.

Alcremie
08-02-2023, 09:03 AM
Ouuu that sounds handy! Thanks for the info :D I added everyone so hopefully that'll help starting out lol.

What's everyone's favorite pkmn they've found so far? c:

I found a shiny Ekans so I'm pretty excited about that one.
I was about to get a Primape but instead of "give cookie" I accidentally clicked "finish research" and couldn't go back to get it :( the text is too small and clumped together to see things correctly so I do a lot of misclicks. I'm still sad about it

omg.UFOs
08-03-2023, 06:37 AM

Friend Codes! If you're looking for some friends to add :)
Bulbasaur
1390-6053-0102

Carialle
0617-0010-6704

chii3d
2894-8508-1517

Dasvidaniya
2702-5156-6022

Dracarys
0459-3986-6603

Excalibur
1333-8543-0245

Great White North
3377-7746-2324

John Cena
5168-8290-2199

Maia
1306-0246-0938

OmenMain
1943-5100-6657

rodelicious
8875-0817-6672

I'm a little confused...What is this game about?? You just sleep? :S You open the game, then sleep?

Excalibur
08-03-2023, 07:11 AM
I'm a little confused...What is this game about?? You just sleep? :S You open the game, then sleep?

it tracks your sleep, using a center snorlax who eats 3x a day. while pokemon sleep around it at night. and in the am you will see who slept by you. which then you can use cookies to capture.

a little different. although im starting to get annoyed with the mechanics lol. its reset time is 4am so if you fall asleep at 2 you get only 2 hours of sleep. idk. ill keep playing it cause i want to evolve the mons otherwise i think ill be kinda done in a year lol

omg.UFOs
08-03-2023, 07:22 AM
Well, I'm sure it helps some create better sleeping habits.. I don't sleep nearly enough for this game.

EDIT:

This post got me a PINK POP!
Stayin' cooool!

chii3d
08-03-2023, 02:05 PM
I'm kind of upset about this today. I'm feeling sick so I ended up getting 11 hours of sleep. The game tracked the 11 hours... and then only gave me a score of 4. if you look in the app I have a score of 100 for last night.

I wish this wasn't so glitchy and now all my pokemon hanging out are sad n sleepy :(

70spurple
08-05-2023, 12:40 AM
Is there a hacked version of Pokemon Sleep? I'm addicted to shinies!

Maneki Neko
08-05-2023, 09:41 PM
I am happy, I got a swablu ^.^ I have not encountered any shinies yet.
What does it mean when your pokemon are having ":(" faces? Or ":l" faces? Is it based on my sleep quality?

My Researcher ID: 5722-5435-8849

billytiddles
08-06-2023, 12:05 AM
What does it mean when your pokemon are having ":(" faces? Or ":l" faces? Is it based on my sleep quality?

I believe that's the amount of energy they have left, there's a guide made by Infected on happiness here ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Also I'm going to start adding people as friends! Here is my friend code:

1577-4497-9647

chii3d
08-06-2023, 06:59 PM
I believe that's the amount of energy they have left, there's a guide made by Infected on happiness here ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Also I'm going to start adding people as friends! Here is my friend code:

1577-4497-9647

My Researcher ID: 5722-5435-8849

Added you both!

Yes, the sad faces are because you didn't get enough sleep. I hate to see it! :(
70spurple I'd also be interested in that because I have zero shinies so far.

Maneki Neko
08-06-2023, 07:42 PM
If its based on how much sleep I get, then my pokemon are going to hate me forever XD

chii3d
08-06-2023, 10:22 PM
If its based on how much sleep I get, then my pokemon are going to hate me forever XD

It's ok! they still give the same amount of berries and ingredients if they are tired or not.

cactiyote
08-07-2023, 09:15 PM
i've been using pokemon sleep! all my favorites from g1 are pretty basic so i already have them all! cubone, bulbasaur, pikachu, and meowth.

here's my friend code:
8029-3384-8423

billytiddles
08-08-2023, 05:32 PM
Anyone know of benefits of leveling up a Pokemon's friendship to higher levels? I got some to level and they appear to be slightly better versions of the original... But not sure if I'm missing something

Charmander
08-08-2023, 07:38 PM
Anyone know of benefits of leveling up a Pokemon's friendship to higher levels? I got some to level and they appear to be slightly better versions of the original... But not sure if I'm missing something

I believe as they get higher levels they unlock other items that they can retrieve for your snorlax :)

billytiddles
08-08-2023, 09:25 PM
I believe as they get higher levels they unlock other items that they can retrieve for your snorlax :)

Hmm yeah I figured that for the ingredients, but I meant that when you encounter a pokemon you've already "captured" - you can level them up to higher friendship levels... But when I did that today I just got another of that pokemon

chii3d
08-08-2023, 09:39 PM
i've been using pokemon sleep! all my favorites from g1 are pretty basic so i already have them all! cubone, bulbasaur, pikachu, and meowth.

here's my friend code:
8029-3384-8423

Added!

I got a shiny growlithe yesterday, really not much indication that it was shiny. Subtle color difference but didn't have any stars or sparkles next to it you really need to know what you're looking for.

Charmander
08-08-2023, 10:29 PM
Hmm yeah I figured that for the ingredients, but I meant that when you encounter a pokemon you've already "captured" - you can level them up to higher friendship levels... But when I did that today I just got another of that pokemon

Have you tried sending the duplicates to the professor yet? I haven't so I am just curious.

RadLapras
08-08-2023, 11:30 PM
My sleep schedules are so erratic because I work nights. My sleep grade has been an F the last two weeks.

2389-4694-3667

chii3d
08-09-2023, 10:38 PM
My sleep schedules are so erratic because I work nights. My sleep grade has been an F the last two weeks.

2389-4694-3667

Added!

I also got an F last week. It's fine!

billytiddles
08-09-2023, 11:45 PM
Have you tried sending the duplicates to the professor yet? I haven't so I am just curious.

Tried it and it just gives you back some candies :(

billytiddles
08-14-2023, 09:01 AM
New update with gifts from the development team!

Be sure to collect your freebies!

Since it's been a while, how is everyone doing? And cool mons or sleep styles you've collected?

marshmallowking
08-19-2023, 12:12 PM
I've been loving Pokemon Sleep!
Today I got a really bad sleep score (63 lol) but I saw a Heracross. Unfortunately it needed like TWENTY points for me to catch, so I didn't get it. It wasn't even hungry hahaha.
Evolving pokemon is a surprisingly difficult thing in this game though. I just managed to evolve my Eevee into Sylveon a whole month into playing. Needing 150 hours of sleep to evolve it AND candies is fairly difficult. Even if you get 8 hours of sleep a day, which many people don't, that's still a whopping 19 days of sleep to evolve ONE pokemon. I find myself sometimes getting a little impatient with this game, but I guess having long term goals is what keeps you coming back to it.

I've still only explored the first two islands. Has anyone been to the third one yet?

billytiddles
08-25-2023, 07:52 PM
I've been loving Pokemon Sleep!
Today I got a really bad sleep score (63 lol) but I saw a Heracross. Unfortunately it needed like TWENTY points for me to catch, so I didn't get it. It wasn't even hungry hahaha.
Evolving pokemon is a surprisingly difficult thing in this game though. I just managed to evolve my Eevee into Sylveon a whole month into playing. Needing 150 hours of sleep to evolve it AND candies is fairly difficult. Even if you get 8 hours of sleep a day, which many people don't, that's still a whopping 19 days of sleep to evolve ONE pokemon. I find myself sometimes getting a little impatient with this game, but I guess having long term goals is what keeps you coming back to it.

I've still only explored the first two islands. Has anyone been to the third one yet?

I just got the third one unlocked, so maybe I'll go there next week... but with the event that's coming up maybe I'll stay on the first island longer for better scores

10 million downloads prizes - I'll post the event details once I find a decent picture if anyone is interested

- - - Updated - - -

Full moon event details - Aug 30, 31, Sept 1

penumbra
09-01-2023, 06:30 PM
Man, I tried playing pokemon sleep but you have to put your phone on your mattress and not next to you on your bedside table? I don't have any space on my mattress that isn't occupied by a pillow or a person!! I tried playing anyway with my phone on my nightstand but every day it would just tell me I was a REALLY deep sleeper, so it seemed kinda pointless to keep playing lol

Charmander
09-01-2023, 10:20 PM
Man, I tried playing pokemon sleep but you have to put your phone on your mattress and not next to you on your bedside table? I don't have any space on my mattress that isn't occupied by a pillow or a person!! I tried playing anyway with my phone on my nightstand but every day it would just tell me I was a REALLY deep sleeper, so it seemed kinda pointless to keep playing lol

Yeah unfortunately this needs to be next to you to pick up on your movement etc. I really wish they would allow this app to sync up with sleep trackers that area already built into smart watches. Maybe one day!

Pidgey
09-01-2023, 10:59 PM
I'll need to figure out how to add friends.

I'm on my 3rd shiny already.
Marowak
Swablu
Igglypuff

Excalibur
09-23-2023, 10:37 PM
how is everyones sleep sessions? theres like a 50 dollar add one that just doesnt seem worth it. dont know the point of these "micro" transactions when they should be considered mega

Alcremie
09-26-2023, 09:08 AM
how is everyones sleep sessions? theres like a 50 dollar add one that just doesnt seem worth it. dont know the point of these "micro" transactions when they should be considered mega

Doing good with the sleep sessions. I get a shiny every week/two weeks. Every microtransaction is mega cruel lol. I don't do em' but I keep running out of food items cuz I increased my pot too big....whoops. Tbh it's getting kinda boring/grindy cuz I have to find so many more pokemon before the next area. I keep going to the same 3 available. I know there's a ticket to go to a different one and I have it but I'm not sure if I want to use it.

Excalibur
09-26-2023, 12:59 PM
Doing good with the sleep sessions. I get a shiny every week/two weeks. Every microtransaction is mega cruel lol. I don't do em' but I keep running out of food items cuz I increased my pot too big....whoops. Tbh it's getting kinda boring/grindy cuz I have to find so many more pokemon before the next area. I keep going to the same 3 available. I know there's a ticket to go to a different one and I have it but I'm not sure if I want to use it.

current dilemma. game is SUPER grindy... for barely any of a reward system. i think it will be deleted soon. i get decent points and using my sudowoodos i can level my snorlax up quick. but then i get bored...

and yeah im not paying for their extreme biscuits and diamond costs.

Pidgey
09-26-2023, 01:52 PM
I think Maia your code might need to be updated.

Finally got around to adding everyone

My code is:
4679-4950-0763

- - - Updated - - -

current dilemma. game is SUPER grindy... for barely any of a reward system. i think it will be deleted soon. i get decent points and using my sudowoodos i can level my snorlax up quick. but then i get bored...

and yeah im not paying for their extreme biscuits and diamond costs.

I try not to look at it like a game you play. It's like an AFK game for me.

I use it to track my sleep and then I set a noon alarm to feed the snorlax. So I play before bed and when I wake up.

Much more enjoyable!

My goal is making sure I'm getting 8 hours of sleep. I know there's better sleep trackers but I wouldn't use one if not for this app.

Days I don't get 8 hours I try to get a 2nd nap. I feel better when I get 100%.

I haven't found a shiny since the first 2 weeks. But we moved so there was a week or two where I only logged a few hours of sleep.

Hope you stick to it!

Excalibur
09-26-2023, 02:10 PM
I think Maia your code might need to be updated.

Finally got around to adding everyone

My code is:
4679-4950-0763

- - - Updated - - -

I try not to look at it like a game you play. It's like an AFK game for me.

I use it to track my sleep and then I set a noon alarm to feed the snorlax. So I play before bed and when I wake up.

Much more enjoyable!

My goal is making sure I'm getting 8 hours of sleep. I know there's better sleep trackers but I wouldn't use one if not for this app.

Days I don't get 8 hours I try to get a 2nd nap. I feel better when I get 100%.

I haven't found a shiny since the first 2 weeks. But we moved so there was a week or two where I only logged a few hours of sleep.

Hope you stick to it!

perhaps bud, i like the animations i like the aspect of being able to "lay down" with my arcanine and all but its just been a chore as of late. ill keep with it for now. i enjoy the pokemon i have and its nice to see them sleeping next to me

billytiddles
09-26-2023, 03:25 PM
I echo the more lax approach to the game, although it's definitely a slow grind and the lack of ability to min/max things annoys me to no end. I've just accepted the mediocre mons I have and dropped all of my candy into them - finally got a wiggly that wasn't awful so am trialing them!

I also haven't seen any shinys this whole time, very disappointing to say the least.

Pidgey
10-05-2023, 09:46 AM
I got a shiny Bulbasaur today!!!

billytiddles
10-05-2023, 10:40 AM
I got a shiny Bulbasaur today!!!

Wooooo congrats!!! :)

Pidgey
10-05-2023, 11:58 AM
Wooooo congrats!!! :)

My 4th shiny.
Marowak
Swablu
Igglypuff
Bulbasaur

billytiddles
10-05-2023, 03:18 PM
My 4th shiny.
Marowak
Swablu
Igglypuff
Bulbasaur

I take it back and replace it with a look of disgust

Alcremie
10-08-2023, 10:42 AM
Congrats on the shinies! So far I've found shiny larvitar, arbok, toxicroak, gulpin, and bulbasaur. I'm so glad they added the little sparkle thing, otherwise I'd probably just have the arbok.

A little tidbit I've found out about me is that last week, when I cut my daily caffeine intake by half, my sleep stage went from snoozing type to slumber type every day. And I agree, I naturally tend to slumber more than snooze nowadays. Catching up on ~25 years of little to no sleep.

Pidgey
01-11-2024, 10:38 AM
I'm mildly irritated with the app today

Last night I was crazy tired. I had just collected all the berries and ingredients. Made dinner. Then clicked sleep. Apparently there were enough berries in tbe basket to level the snorlax up again. I had hit the sleep button and set it down.

Woke up to it saying congratulations snorlax went up a level needing me to click OK. So I clicked OK and I get an error the game restarts and nothing was logged from the night before.

It irritates me how long some of the animations take when I'm just trying to sleep.

And this takes the cake.

Make sure you watch until your snorlax is sleeping to go to sleep.

End rant. Trying to convince my self I enjoy this app enough to keep logging into it

billytiddles
01-11-2024, 01:25 PM
I'm mildly irritated with the app today

Last night I was crazy tired. I had just collected all the berries and ingredients. Made dinner. Then clicked sleep. Apparently there were enough berries in tbe basket to level the snorlax up again. I had hit the sleep button and set it down.

Woke up to it saying congratulations snorlax went up a level needing me to click OK. So I clicked OK and I get an error the game restarts and nothing was logged from the night before.

It irritates me how long some of the animations take when I'm just trying to sleep.

And this takes the cake.

Make sure you watch until your snorlax is sleeping to go to sleep.

End rant. Trying to convince my self I enjoy this app enough to keep logging into it

I definitely feel your pain - that happened to me a few days ago, luckily I caught mine when stirring and checked the time on my phone. For some reason it lost internet connection while going to sleep and that just stopped the whole process...

rodelicious
01-11-2024, 01:27 PM
I've had that happen to me. I also realize that after using pokemon sleep, as a ios health user, I like to keep track of my sleep patterns, but since the pokemon sleep app is open, health does not think I've been sleeping and no data registers

Excalibur
01-26-2024, 12:17 AM
I've had that happen to me. I also realize that after using pokemon sleep, as a ios health user, I like to keep track of my sleep patterns, but since the pokemon sleep app is open, health does not think I've been sleeping and no data registers

jeeze! it hasnt happened to me yet when i used it. it is interesting seeing my sleeping patterns when i had tonsils vs no tonsils.. i snored so much holy crap

caviar
01-26-2024, 12:19 AM
Anyone who snores btw, look into sleep apnea.

Excalibur
01-26-2024, 12:21 AM
Anyone who snores btw, look into sleep apnea.

right so 2016 i was diagnosed. i had a sleep machine etc for 2017-2023 never used it and accepted my fate of snoring.

i only got my tonsils removed due to the fact i was getting sick. miraculously i dont snore now because of this...

sorry for the side step convo. - it is a bout sleep and i did have pokemon next to my face however LOL

caviar
01-26-2024, 12:22 AM
right so 2016 i was diagnosed. i had a sleep machine etc for 2017-2023 never used it and accepted my fate of snoring.

i only got my tonsils removed due to the fact i was getting sick. miraculously i dont snore now because of this...

sorry for the side step convo. - it is a bout sleep and i did have pokemon next to my face however LOL

Diagnosed in 2017, been using my CPAP since then lol o7

Alcremie
01-26-2024, 10:20 AM
They nerfed the sneaky snacking so I may be about done after this new event. We will see. Apparently people were just "sleeping" the whole day and getting lots of points. Wish I knew of the exploit before then I would've actually benefited. But now it is going to take longer to get snorlax to rank up. Kinda discouraging. They're taking the TNT approach and punishing "cheaters" by punishing all of us. :rolleyes:

Anywho, yeah sleep apnea is no joke. We would always have to check and see if one of my roomates was still alive because his was so bad and left it untreated.

caviar
01-26-2024, 10:56 AM
Btw message me if anyone wants to add me on Pokemon Sleep! My username isn't something I've directly used on Neo but it could be vaguely identifiable lol.

Jackalope
02-14-2024, 12:42 AM
I was just coming here to complain about the Valentines recipes when I noticed they just dropped us 30 cocoa as a gift. Not sure I can make the recipes anyway though. I don't understand why they made them require so many ingredients.

oddish
02-14-2024, 09:46 AM
I had it installed on my phone but then when I heard some of my recordings I Uninstalled so fast lol

caviar
02-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Still looking for more friends if anyone wants to add me!!

UCWerelupe
02-14-2024, 11:19 AM
Does Pokemon Sleep give anything for the main games? or PTCGL? Curious if there is a benefit to playing it.