PDA

View Full Version : A true Pokemon Master named Excalibur

Bulbasaur
06-21-2023, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the world of Pokemon

My love for the game started back when Red/Blue came out. I remember opening up Blue for Christmas and being so excited for it! My grandparents got it for me as it was the only thing I talked about at that time. Maybe even still lol
So Pokemon runs deep in my soul and my love for it will never die.

But, as some may know, I received news that has me very scared. I fear it, but I'm staying positive as best I can. Some days are good, some days are bad.
A lot of the things that I love and like tend to not bring as much joy as they use to. Not because I don't like them, but only because of what is going on. A lot of time, I feel that I won't be happy again.
When I come here though, my worries fly away and I can chat and talk with some amazing and wonderful people! It's why I love being here and talk and joining in games! You all help me so damn much... more than you know.

One person has went above and beyond for me and I truly believe I don't deserve such a friend lol
This person is Excalibur.
They came into the community with such a wonderful and positive attitude and have become a large part some of our lives. Me being one of them.

I bring these up because I wanted to share something that he has done for me.
He sent me a very special Mystery Gift! I received it today, and I can not tell you how much this means to me.
I have no words on the joy and excitement I felt when I opened it up.

I'll be honest, I had to sit down and cry from not only the gift, but the card. This wasn't a "few tears come down my face" type of cry. This was a full on hard cry.
Why? Because it made me realize how wonderful and beautiful our friends can be. How much they care for us and how special they can be.

I've had people tell me "online friends are not resl friends". To hell with that! I have always loved and cared for the people I met online. If it be here or a game.
You all mean so much to me. So be sure to let your friends know how much they mean to you and how special they are.
Because you never know what they might be going through and sometimes being told how much you are loved... really does matter.

Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my Bulba heart, Excalibur.

Below is what he sent me! (Sorry if they come out sideways lol I'm not sure why it does that when I upload from my phone)

(I covered your name just to be safe)

So celebrate your family. Celebrate your friends. Celebrate you!
But most importantly, celebrate life.

I'm still kicking and I plan to keep doing so!

Cat Purrson
06-21-2023, 06:07 PM
That is such a sweet and generous gesture, Excalibur!

I am so happy we are able to come on this site and make connections with such amazing and caring people. I truly cherish all of the friendships and connections I've made here. This is more than just a forum to me. I feel like we are a giant family and I love you all. Thank you for sharing this heartwarming story Bulbasaur!!

Oh and my love for Pokemon also started with blue/red for Gameboy color!

Chilljoy
06-21-2023, 06:08 PM
That's beautiful!! Hell yeah, Excalibur!! I don't know what you're going through Bulbasaur, but I'm so happy for you that you have such thoughtful and amazing friends!!

goodnightmoon
06-21-2023, 06:13 PM
This is amazing ♡ Best wishes for whatever journey you're taking right now Bulbasaur and I'm so happy you have a nice support system!

Cinnamoroll
06-21-2023, 06:16 PM
Oh my god, this is ADORABLE.
Excalibur you are so sweet! Bulbasaur I hope this made your whole week! :korbie_blush:

Delibird
06-21-2023, 06:33 PM
Excalibur how kind and sweet of you! Fellow Pokemon Masters rejoice here!

So happy for you Bulbasaur !

Buizel
06-21-2023, 06:36 PM
My goodness, this is AMAZING to see! :$ Excalibur, you are an absolute sweetheart to do this for Bulbasaur, and I'm also happy to see how this community helps us connect to such wonderful friends! :love_heart:

Ice
06-21-2023, 06:59 PM
Awww my heart ;____; <3333 that is so freaking sweet of Excalibur and I would be ugly crying right next to you! you're absolutely right that internet friends are real (and sometimes better than irl) friends! I'm glad you have such a strong, fighting spirit Bulbasaur! we'll always be here for you 🤗

Charmander
06-21-2023, 07:05 PM
Oh my goodness that is the sweetest thing ever! Than you Bulbasaur for sharing this and thank you Excalibur for being a true representation of what this community is about! We are not a black market of cheaters who are out there to take advantage and backstabbing other. We are a community of love support and friendship and have members who would give the shirts off their backs for other community members.

Love this community so much for moments like this!

Bulbasaur
06-21-2023, 07:22 PM
Oh my goodness that is the sweetest thing ever! Than you Bulbasaur for sharing this and thank you Excalibur for being a true representation of what this community is about! We are not a black market of cheaters who are out there to take advantage and backstabbing other. We are a community of love support and friendship and have members who would give the shirts off their backs for other community members.

Love this community so much for moments like this!

Thank you everyone! I cant believe how wonderful and amazing this has been!
Im actually opening up the packs right now! So I'll be sure to share some really neat ones

But I 100% agree with you GWN! We We're a group of people here to have fun and enjoy what we want. We dont have some evil plan to hack or destroy people.
The community here is so warm and loving! Im so damn happy that I got to know everyone here and to have so much fun at that!
Like the Holiday events, sharing our food dishes, our art and even solving a new mystery!

Alcremie
06-21-2023, 08:09 PM
Aw <3

You are both such wonderful people and deserve the best. Best wishes for your health and take care. We are always here for you!

Synth Salazzle
06-21-2023, 08:14 PM
this is the most wholesome thing I have seen for a while tbh.

kittyray
06-21-2023, 08:34 PM
This is such a sweet story and makes me so happy for our community. Thank you for sharing this. <3

Nattiee
06-21-2023, 08:43 PM
I love this so much! Excalibur you are such a gem & Bulbasaur you are my favourite grass pokemon ever <3

Teakwood
06-21-2023, 09:40 PM
I'm not crying, you're crying :( :( That is so sweet :(

Mothman
06-21-2023, 09:44 PM
This is so so sweet omg!! I can feel the love <3

KJiU
06-21-2023, 09:47 PM
Such a beautiful heartwarming story , da hero Excalibur, hope everything is getting better at your end Bulbasaur , do take care.

A pic below for the friendship xD

Bulbasaur
06-21-2023, 11:30 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

A pic below for the friendship xD

That picture is so amazing! I love LoZ as well! I need to save this

But thank you again, everyone! I haven another appointment on the 29th, so my anxiety/depression has been rising again, but seeing you all here helps me out so much.

A song that sticks out for me when I read all the wonderful message is:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Im a nerd, I know lol

DarkSkies
06-22-2023, 12:08 AM
Aww that's very sweet, you both and everyone here are amazing people, it's impressive how the internet can make such connections beyond large distances!

Bulbasaur we're here for you, love you too, thanks for coming to ck ❤️

hellraid
06-22-2023, 12:44 AM
This was such a wholesome story. So nice to wake up to. Thanks for sharing. You guys are amazing!

birdies
06-22-2023, 05:58 AM
This is so beautiful, I'm so glad Excalibur could bring you so much happiness Bulbasaur - you deserve every minute of joy. I know appointment anxiety can be hard, so make sure to keep coming here and checking in with us, we'll be here for you through it x

Excalibur
06-29-2023, 10:57 AM
@Bulbsaur thank you king for being so supportive and available to talk. sometimes thats all we need. i appreciate you and all that you do. Thank you everyone as well. Bulba youre the real pokemon master. <3 love ya buddy.