PDA

View Full Version : Anime that I have seen: Request for more suggestions!

Rebel_Minx
06-17-2023, 07:03 PM
Ok, when my hubby and I were dating, we would spend the weekend binging anime. He was in the military at the time so we only saw each other on the weekends. We started with Naruto. We watched every epeisode.

Together, we have also watched, mind you he has watched soooooooo many more anime shows than me:
Yu-gi-oh
One Punch Man
FlCl (My fav)
Attack on Titan (another fav)
One Piece
Fairy Tail

I am interested to see what others love to watch. I am also into psychology, morbid, crazy, sexy themes! My hope is to find something, through your suggestions, that he hasn't watched yet. Our anniversary is coming up, July 21, and I wanna surprise him with an anime night/weekend. I want him to know that I miss our anime binge nights. We stopped watching together because I wanted to move the TV from our bedroom to the living room because I was depressed and I was trying to remove any reason I could use to stay in bed.

Thanks for your help!

If anyone has any cute snack ideas for me to prepare while he is at work to come home to, that would be awesome! I already have some amazing ideas from Studio Ghibli films. Neither of us have any allergies or food issues.

Also, hubby and I have been together for 11 years on July 21!!!

DarkSkies
06-17-2023, 11:11 PM
Shūmatsu no Valkyrie also known as Record of Ragnarok it's available on Netflix. My husband recommended to me (made me watch lol) and I liked it a lot!

The plot is about Gods wanting to eliminate humankind, so there's is an arrangement. Gods and humans most select their warriors to go in 1v1 battle to decide the humankind future.

So you will see greek gods and historical famous humans fighting in different styles. To make it even the valkyries will support the human contender (a Valkyrie can turn into a weapon with the ability to attack the gods).

If you like action I suggest this one :P

TsUNaMy WaVe
06-18-2023, 01:48 AM
Congrats on the 11th anniversary!

Bleach seems to be missing from your nice shounen list, so you can try that. Maybe also My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer!
As far as psychological anime go, I def recommend watching Psycho Pass! It's really cool with great themes and story.

Lyrichord
06-20-2023, 12:56 AM
Look at you preparing a month in advance!! Lots of time to get something super sweet and fun together. :$

Okay, for snacks, the first thing that comes to mind is food based off the anime. For example, if a favorite character has a sword, getting sugar cookies and using royal icing on them to pipe the designs? Specific fruit maybe from the show? Then there could be drink ideas (zero proof or otherwise). Popcorn is a classic, but I don't know if it fits the theme persay.

Would he be fond of a charcuterie board? I love planning these types of things, but don't frequently have the opportunity to do so. Depending on budget, you could maybe find a local baker to actually make some Naturo sugar cookies for you, if they're able to do that with copyright laws and such!

There's always Funko pop type figurines and the like. Does he like listening to the soundtracks? I'm not sure if those are always able to streamed, so cd's that you then put on your computer could be an option as well.

I did a quick internet search for "meaningful anime gifts." The first link that popped up was this one ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). Maybe that can inspire something! ^^

I am with everyone here recommending Bleach! There's a guide here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) for how to watch it without the filler eps. :$ Depending where you watch, they might also be greyed out for you.

If you're thinking of things like Naruto, another show I remember enjoying way back when was D.Gray Man. It also has an awesome soundtrack.

Let me know if you want more ideas, and I'll see what I can think of!

Bulbasaur
06-20-2023, 01:19 AM
I love to talk about this certain Anime as I love the hell out of it and I want to try and share the joy of it lol

Its called Nerima Daikon Brothers

I talk about it here: [Only registered and activated users can see links] 0%80%EF%BD%99%EF%BD%8F%EF%BD%95%EF%BD%92%E3%80%80% EF%BD%86%EF%BD%81%EF%BD%96%EF%BD%8F%EF%BD%95-r-%EF%BD%89%EF%BD%94%EF%BD%85%E3%80%80%EF%BC%A1%EF%B D%8E%EF%BD%89%EF%BD%8D%EF%BD%85%EF%BC%81-%E3%82%A2%E3%83%8B%E3%83%A1-%E3%83%84
But in general, its such a fun and silly Anime lol
There's a LOT of singing, adult humor and just an all around fun time with it.

I mean, you can get a feel of it from the credits lol

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Buizel
06-20-2023, 01:58 AM
I'm with Wave on Bleach! :) Such an amazing show and the last arc is currently in production. :) Like Naruto though, it does have its fill of filler episodes, but I'm sure there's site's out there to help filter those out.

I'd also recommend Soul Eater. It's one of my favs, and is somewhat old (Anime is from 2008 I think?), but the anime still does a great job portraying all the characters. I also recommend reading the manga if you all need reading suggestions as well. It fleshes the characters out way more and has a more proper ending. :)

Shinx
06-20-2023, 03:27 AM
That's a pretty good list!

Heres my favourites:
Sword art online
I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too
The Reincarnation Of The Strongest Exorcist In Another World
Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill

Strange titles for some of them but honestly I rate them!

KJiU
06-20-2023, 04:02 AM
I will drop some less main stream animes, not sure if they are in netflix thou, but i have included the my animelist link on the names。

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

KenIchi: The Mightiest Disciple ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Problem Children Are Coming from Another World, Aren't They? ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
(One of my all time fav)

Overlord I , II , III , IV ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Isekai Shokudou / Restaurant to Another World 1 & 2 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
(this 2 series goes really well if you plan to eat / snack / munch while watching it. but i forgot the name of the other series lol)

I will just list these few for now xD

Crooked
06-22-2023, 10:03 PM
Some classic series you might like are the original Trigun, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Hunter x Hunter! Mushishi is also great.

Neuro: Supernatural Detective is one of my more slightly niche nostalgic favorites. Mob Psycho 100 is probably my favorite currently running series. My girlfriend and I also recently watched Blue Period and March Comes in like a Lion, and we both really enjoyed them.

Cat Purrson
06-22-2023, 10:22 PM
I will always and forever recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood to everyone!! :o_o:

DarkSkies
06-22-2023, 10:57 PM
Some classic series you might like are the original Trigun, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Hunter x Hunter! Mushishi is also great.

Neuro: Supernatural Detective is one of my more slightly niche nostalgic favorites. Mob Psycho 100 is probably my favorite currently running series. My girlfriend and I also recently watched Blue Period and March Comes in like a Lion, and we both really enjoyed them.

Oh damn Death Note was probably my first manga ever! I love it, well at least all first arc until the detective kids arrived haha

Saw the anime too. All this good vs evil strategies really got me from the beginning :o_o:

Delibird
06-23-2023, 01:59 AM
You have to go with the OG:
Hunter x Hunter (This is a masterpiece)
Dr. Stone
Demon Slayer
Seven Deadly Sins
Misfit of Demon King Academy
Reincarnated as a Slime
Bleach (Long AF)
Code Geass
Soul Eater

Rebel_Minx
06-23-2023, 10:35 AM
First of all... I never got a notification for anyone posting in this thread! So, sorry I am just know seeing all of these responses. Thank you all so much!
Delibird I forgot, I absolutely watched and love Bleach!!!!!

I will show my hubby all of these suggestions and see if he hasn't seen any of these so we can watch it together! I am so excited! Thank you all for the suggestions!

Delibird
06-23-2023, 10:40 AM
First of all... I never got a notification for anyone posting in this thread! So, sorry I am just know seeing all of these responses. Thank you all so much!
Delibird I forgot, I absolutely watched and love Bleach!!!!!

I will show my hubby all of these suggestions and see if he hasn't seen any of these so we can watch it together! I am so excited! Thank you all for the suggestions!

I forgot a couple but I hope you have Crunchyroll for the unlimited anime subscription lol

Also add-
Tower of God
God of High School

^They're crunchy originals

Rebel_Minx
06-23-2023, 11:09 AM
Shūmatsu no Valkyrie also known as Record of Ragnarok it's available on Netflix. My husband recommended to me (made me watch lol) and I liked it a lot!

The plot is about Gods wanting to eliminate humankind, so there's is an arrangement. Gods and humans most select their warriors to go in 1v1 battle to decide the humankind future.

So you will see greek gods and historical famous humans fighting in different styles. To make it even the valkyries will support the human contender (a Valkyrie can turn into a weapon with the ability to attack the gods).

If you like action I suggest this one :P

So, this sounds right up our alley for sure! My hubby and I love this theme!!!! Now, hope.fully he hasn't seen it

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the 11th anniversary!

Bleach seems to be missing from your nice shounen list, so you can try that. Maybe also My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer!
As far as psychological anime go, I def recommend watching Psycho Pass! It's really cool with great themes and story.

I know my hubby has seen all of those before Psycho Pass. I'll ask about Psycho Pass though! That one sounds like something I definitely want to watch!

- - - Updated - - -

My hubby has crunchyroll and some other anime page he frequents. He watches anime every day! If he isn't working or playig video games with his friends, he is watching anime.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at you preparing a month in advance!! Lots of time to get something super sweet and fun together. :$

Okay, for snacks, the first thing that comes to mind is food based off the anime. For example, if a favorite character has a sword, getting sugar cookies and using royal icing on them to pipe the designs? Specific fruit maybe from the show? Then there could be drink ideas (zero proof or otherwise). Popcorn is a classic, but I don't know if it fits the theme persay.

Would he be fond of a charcuterie board? I love planning these types of things, but don't frequently have the opportunity to do so. Depending on budget, you could maybe find a local baker to actually make some Naturo sugar cookies for you, if they're able to do that with copyright laws and such!

There's always Funko pop type figurines and the like. Does he like listening to the soundtracks? I'm not sure if those are always able to streamed, so cd's that you then put on your computer could be an option as well.

I did a quick internet search for "meaningful anime gifts." The first link that popped up was this one ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). Maybe that can inspire something! ^^

I am with everyone here recommending Bleach! There's a guide here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) for how to watch it without the filler eps. :$ Depending where you watch, they might also be greyed out for you.

If you're thinking of things like Naruto, another show I remember enjoying way back when was D.Gray Man. It also has an awesome soundtrack.

Let me know if you want more ideas, and I'll see what I can think of!

OMG The anime gift idea list is epic! Thanks so much! I am gonna have a blast planning our anniversary!

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I'm with Wave on Bleach! :) Such an amazing show and the last arc is currently in production. :) Like Naruto though, it does have its fill of filler episodes, but I'm sure there's site's out there to help filter those out.

I'd also recommend Soul Eater. It's one of my favs, and is somewhat old (Anime is from 2008 I think?), but the anime still does a great job portraying all the characters. I also recommend reading the manga if you all need reading suggestions as well. It fleshes the characters out way more and has a more proper ending. :)

I know I have watched a few episodes of Soul Eater, so I know he has seen the entire series! I am into reading the Manga, my hubby knows this! He is not so much into it hehehe.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a pretty good list!

Heres my favourites:
Sword art online
I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too
The Reincarnation Of The Strongest Exorcist In Another World
Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill

Strange titles for some of them but honestly I rate them!

I can't believe I forgot Sword Art Online, I definitely watched that with my hubby! I love it!!! So I need to edit my original post to add Bleach and Sword Art Online!

- - - Updated - - -

I will always and forever recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood to everyone!! :o_o:

I know my hubby watched that, so he would agree with you!

Alister
06-23-2023, 11:51 AM
I will always recommend Akatsuki no Yona / Yona of the Dawn to anyone looking for anime recommendations no matter what genre they like, I am committed to spreading the word!! Really really great character development, action/adventure/fantasy.

I don't think I saw anyone else mention it so I'll also throw in a suggestion for Re: Zero. Was shocked how much I loved it considering isekai isn't my thing usually. Pretty morbid in my opinion, and the main character gets dragged through a lot of psychological trauma along the way. Good stuff though, my 78 year old dad and I binged the first season in one day after I showed him the pilot and he got hooked.

Beastars on Netflix for some more weird shit. Noragami for a fantastic found family fantasy adventure style story with a lot of heart (the manga is also phenomenal - maybe my favorite I've ever read).

No. 6 is a solid quick binge though I like the light novel/manga adaptation better. Dystopian scifi story about the relationship between two boys from the opposite ends of the society hierarchy.

in a world in which the Pandora Hearts anime wasn't 1) covering only a fraction of the story and 2) comically low budget I'd absolutely be recommending that as a morbid trippy fantasy story out to absolutely break your heart.