PDA

View Full Version : Altador Cup 2023 FAQ

Buizel
06-06-2023, 10:02 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Hello everyone. :) As you all know, each year Joe and Bat work their hardest on their AC bot for the entirety of the Altador Cup's duration. Meaning, for an entire month, it's constant effort from them to make sure we have an up to date program that assists us in meeting our own AC goals.

However, we do have to note that this process takes time to implement, considering they're working and testing on a live system. So, this guide/FAQ will serve as a space to answer some common question that may arise about the Altador Cup. Please be sure to read the questions and answers below to possibly see if your question hasn't already been answered.

If you have any additional questions in relation to the Altador Cup Score Sender, please be sure to review this board and ask if you don't see an answer: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

I hope this guide serves you all well, and that it helps takes some weight off the everyone's shoulders. :)

This section will house general questions outside of the below categories.

Q: Where can I find the AC score sender?
A: Thanks to the hard work and dedication offered by j03 and Bat, clraik does offer a program that assists you through the Altador Cup! :)

From Joe's words to describe the program:

"For those of you who are familiar with score sending, I bring you a more advanced version of botting for the Altador Cup.
This program is made to handle multiple accounts running score senders at once. You may set a time for it to start, stop, repeat and how many games to play per account.
This program is capable of sending for Yooyuball, Make Some Noise, Slushie Slinger, and Shootout Showdown."

You can find it here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), and you do require VIP in order to gain access to use it, so keep that in mind. If you have any questions about this program, please be sure to ask it on that board.

Q: Is the program updated for the year?
A: Throughout the month of June, Joe and Bat work to update the SSer constantly and consistently to make sure we all have an enjoyable experience. In order to perform the work and updates that they need, the games first need to be live to account for any changes that may have been applied by TNT.

All updates regarding this program are handled in the board referenced before. They will post there letting us all know if they updated the score sender for the year. If you don't see an update or post from them, then it's safe to assume that an update hasn't applied yet.

At the current time of writing this guide, the SSer has been updated for the year 2023, so have fun playing! :)

Q: Can I join team CK, and if so, how?
A: You would read the board here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and follow the instructions on how to submit your application for review to join the team. If approved, you'll have access to know the team we support for the year and use the SS as well. Be mindful that not all applicants will be approved and your chances of approval are dependent on how active and engaging you are with the community. Joe's post goes more in depth about it, but don't take it personal if you happen to not be accepted. There's always next year! :)

Q: I got accepted! Can I tell my friends?
A: We're glad to have you on the team! :D But, please don't share any information about the team CK chose or hints/theories on who we chose. This includes not speaking about it in our official Discord, Neopets Chat Forum/Subgroups, Neoboards, ect. Once accepted, you will see a designated board where you can discuss our team activity.

Q: What is everyone's score in XXX? What's your account's current rank?
A: Unless someone feels like sharing this information themselves in their own post without prior asking, don't ask this. This is a public board and people lurk here all the time to match up scores to accounts and report them. Furthermore, this is information you do not need to know about another's account. I mean this as kind as possible, but don't go digging for information from members of the community.

Q: Will the bot tell me about any important info such as updates or information related to the cup?
A: No. This is information you can review on ck (this board), Neopets, and Jellyneo (cup related news). It's always a golden rule to know what you yourself are botting for before even attempting to do so. Please use your normal sources for news related to any updates or such regarding the cup.

This section will house common questions related to the Altador Cup as an event.

Q: How do I join a team?
A: You would go to this link and choose one team out of eighteen: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Please note: You can NOT change your team choice after you already chose one. So, be EXTRA sure of your selection. Additionally, sign ups will close on June 5th at the end of the day. Once you meet the deadline, you will NOT be able to join a team and you'll have to sit on the sidelines. Don't join too early and don't join too late.

Q: How long will the Altador Cup last?
A: The cup will officially begin on June 6th, 2023 and end on July 3rd, 2023.

Q: How exactly do the games work?
A: These are direct quotes from the AC homepage on how the game and the scoring is handled: " This year, the tournament play is made up of two rounds. Your team will play against every other team once in the first round. In the second round, based on your performance, you will be placed into one of three brackets. You will then play against the teams within your respective bracket. "

" Each day, your team will face an opponent. You must contribute as much as you can to your team by playing not only Yooyuball, but also Slushie Slinger, Make Some Noise, and Shootout Showdown. "

" Your results in each of the 4 games contribute to your team's overall standing in the tournament. Please remember to help your team win all four games in the tournament. "

Every win counts and adds to the overall score so be sure to play hard from Round 1, Day 1 itself!

Q: What are bye days and when are they? Can I still rank up on these days?
A: Bye days are effectively days TNT has us take a break from playing the AC so we don't get carpal tunnel lol. You'll know it's a bye day when the team you're playing against is the ellyworld one. You also cannot rank up on bye days, nor do any of the scores you send on these day help your team. Essentially, it's TNT's way of forcing you to take a break for a day. So, do not run the bot on these days since it'll look suspicious that you're maxing out games when scores don't count.

Here are the bye days for this year's AC:

June 11, 2023 (Sunday)
June 18, 2023 (Sunday)
June 25 and June 26, 2023 (Sunday and Monday)

Q: What are the maximum number of games allowed per day, per game?

Yooyuball: 35 matches per day
Slushie Slinger: 65 games per day
Make Some Noise: 301 games per day
Shootout Showdown: 301 games per day

Q: What are the minimum amount of points needed for a score to count for a game and my team?

YYB: Win or Draw the match
SLSL: 270 points
MSN: 2700 points
SOSD: 35 points (1 goal)

Remember, if you score LOWER than the above thresholds, then your game/score will not count towards your overall progress or your team.

This section will go over how ranks are calculated and broken down. Additionally, it'll also go over how you can calculate your total number of points that you accumulate while playing through the event.

Q: How are ranks defined for the AC?
A: Your personal rank will depend on how many points you have, aka, how many games you have played for your team.

On the note of how many games you've played, please keep in mind that you're not *required* to play all the games. You could just focus on one or two of them and still rank up.

In order to see your current rank and how many points you need to advance to the next one, you can go to the main AC homepage listed here:

Click this button:

And you should be presented with a page that looks similar to this:

**Thank you Mario2302 for letting me know this info! :$

Under the assumption that you only play one of the following games, this is how many games you'll need to play individually to hit the All-Star rank:

550 Yooyuball wins
1,650 Yooyuball draws
1,100 Slushie Slinger games
6,600 Make Some Noise games
6,600 Shootout Showdown games

So, if I decide to only play YYB, then I'd need to play 550 games over the duration of the cup to achieve All-Star. Additionally, there are ranks you can achieve after All-Star:

All-Star (6,600 points total)
Double All-Star (13,200 points total)
Triple All-Star (19,800 points total)
Quadruple All-Star (26,400 points total)
Quintuple All-Star* (33,000 points total)

*Please don't try to aim for this, this is damn near maxxing each game every day. Which is hard for anyone to believe was done legit.

Q: How do I check my rank after All-Star to see what rank I am or if I'm Double All-Star?
BE SURE TO READ THIS NEXT SPOILER CAREFULLY
Before proceeding, please be aware: YOU HAVE TO BE LOGGED IN TO ACCESS THIS AC RANK CALCULATOR, AND ONCE YOU CLICK/ACCESS IT, YOUR NEOPETS ACCOUNT AND RANK WILL THEN BECOME PUBLICLY TRACKED FOR ALL TO SEE ON THIS PETPAGE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THAT, THEN IGNORE THE NEXT SPOILER BOX AND CONTINUE TO THE NEXT QUESTION.

A: There is a rank calculator on the petpage /~AbsoluteCorruption (you have to be logged in to use it, so do not use it while botting)

But I highly recommend calculating this information yourself or with another resource. Reason being, if you visit the previously mentioned petpage your account will be added to the various ranks and be known/shown to the public. I'm sure we all don't want our shells and mains showing on there. You can always NM the owner to make you anonymous, but I can't stress enough that it's not worth going here just to see your rank. People scour this petpage yearly just to report people there.

Q: How do I calculate my rank/points then?
A: Points are awarded for each game as followed:

12 points per YYB win
35 games to max per day
12 (points) x 35 (games) = 420 points (1 day of max YYB games)

6 points per SLSL game
65 games to max per day
6 (points) x 65 (games) = 390 points (1 day of max SLSL)

1 point per MSN/SOSD game (they both give 1 point for every game)
301 games to max per day
1 x 301 = 301 points (1 day of max MSN)
1 x 301 = 301 points (1 day of max SOSD)
So in total that's 602 points

Example of score calculation:

Imagine these are the total number of games I played for the AC:

350 YYB Games - 4,200 points
350 SLSL Games - 2,100 points
2000 MSN Games - 2,000 points
2000 SOSD Games - 2,000 points
----------------------------------
Total = 10,300 points / 13,200 points

So, my current rank is All-Star because I'm over 6,600 points, but I'm not a Double All-Star because I'm not over 13,200 points.

Q: Now that the event is over, what do I do with all my points?
A: Hey, congrats on getting through the Altador Cup! Now take those points you earned and make sure to use them here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). Be mindful that the prize shop typically stays open until the next AC rolls around next summer. So, don't feel rushed to immediately redeem prizes. You'll usually have about a year or so to decide.

Credits:
Thank you everyone below for helping me make and organize this guide:

kittyray for proof reading/grammar corrections
Zenitsu, Ice, and TsUNaMy WaVe for the graphic creations/help
Bat and j03 for being the kings they are and updating the Score Sender
Ember, Houndoom, and Slowpoke for help with the information research on the AC

Slowpoke
06-07-2023, 12:31 PM
Needed this guide so bad!!!! Thank you for outlining all of this important information for us! Knowing exactly how much I need for each rank up will help me get that sweet All-Star rank in no time. Much appreciated! :$

Mario2302
06-07-2023, 12:34 PM
Perhaps one more thing you could add is that you can check how far you're away from a given rank on the colosseum home page by clicking on i believe it's your current rank or potentially your current shield.

That only helps up up until all-star but might be nice to know nevertheless.

Buizel
06-07-2023, 01:06 PM
Perhaps one more thing you could add is that you can check how far you're away from a given rank on the colosseum home page by clicking on i believe it's your current rank or potentially your current shield.

That only helps up up until all-star but might be nice to know nevertheless.

Oh thank you for this Mario! :$ I completely forgot about that part of the homepage. I'll be sure to take a screenshot and add this information in there soon. :)

Masterplayer44
06-07-2023, 01:25 PM
Thank you for the guide, I had a question, what rank would be considered safe? The highest rank you made sure to say was risky due to how many points are needed, but is hitting all-star and then stopping a good idea or is triple-all - star an alright spot to shoot for?

Cinnamoroll
06-07-2023, 01:31 PM
Thank you for the guide, I had a question, what rank would be considered safe? The highest rank you made sure to say was risky due to how many points are needed, but is hitting all-star and then stopping a good idea or is triple-all - star an alright spot to shoot for?

Really, it’s about how you go about it. It’s very safe to get to Double All Star, even Triple if you’re extra ambitious and have “time”. Just don’t brag on the boards and typically you’re fine.

Buizel
06-07-2023, 01:59 PM
I've updated the guide to include the info Mario highlighted. :)

Cinnamoroll summed it up very well regarding your own goals for the AC. Double and Triple are definitely doable within a month and I think you can honestly hit All-Star+ just from maxing out two games a day for 10 days. :P

As always though, don't yell it to the world, and you'll be fine.

Houndoom
06-07-2023, 02:34 PM
Whooo thanks for putting all that info together! Hope we all get to nice safe levels of all star together for those juicy prizes c:

Typically for my main I just max yyb and play "reasonable" amounts of the other games and easily hit allstar+!

Excalibur
06-07-2023, 04:45 PM

sigh* well i wanna give more~! thank you Buizel and the team helping compile this! well thought out and well deisgned i love it! thanks again!

Nyanobyte
06-07-2023, 04:53 PM
Thanks for adding to this user's reputation!

"Q: How do I calculate my rank/points then? A: Points are awarded for each game as followed:"

Thank you so much for this!!! Every year I am digging all over looking for this kind of information because my brain refuses to retain it x3
Between the scores, ranks, points and all with numbers my little egg brain is cooked trying to keep up. This makes it so much easier now ^-^

Bulbasaur
06-07-2023, 05:01 PM
I normally dont have a ton of time for the AC, but I really do love the event and prizes that come with it. Especially for an Avatar B) lol
So I hope this year I can do much better than I normally have done lol

Thank you a so much for this! :korbie_blush:
It helps a lot on what I need to do

Masterplayer44
06-07-2023, 05:53 PM
Thank you for the replies, I stay away from the Neoboards like I stay away from Reddit so we are good there. B):o_o:

KJiU
06-07-2023, 10:11 PM
-EDITED-
Thanks for the guide , i saw the info my bad thx xD

sanfewrejuvenate
06-08-2023, 12:49 AM
really good informative guide. Thank you!

TsUNaMy WaVe
06-08-2023, 01:08 AM
Thank you for the guide! So thorough and well constructed!
Also just a very small note about the minimum score for SOSD: in additional to at least one goal, you also have to shoot at least 5 times for it to count. So you can't just score one goal and quit~
(It gives out an "invalid session" error)

Lyrichord
06-08-2023, 02:12 AM
Thank you for the guide! So thorough and well constructed!
Also just a very small note about the minimum score for SOSD: in additional to at least one goal, you also have to shoot at least 5 times for it to count. So you can't just score one goal and quit~
(It gives out an "invalid session" error)

Is there also a time component? I was thinking it was just because ten seconds needed to elapse but I could be wrong!

Edit: I gave it a test just now, and I was able to submit my one-shot goal, as long as I waited that amount of time to submit.

TsUNaMy WaVe
06-08-2023, 04:16 AM
Is there also a time component? I was thinking it was just because ten seconds needed to elapse but I could be wrong!

Edit: I gave it a test just now, and I was able to submit my one-shot goal, as long as I waited that amount of time to submit.

I see! I thought it was tried limited but I guess it's time limited then~

Buizel
06-12-2023, 12:31 AM
Sorry for updating the bye days a bit late all. I've had an upset stomach all day today oof. :cold:

I'll update the main post soon! :)

rodelicious
06-16-2023, 05:49 PM
Just created a points calculator ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). Make sure to create a copy of the file and plug your scores from the four games in the red table at the top left:

master4you2
06-17-2023, 11:47 PM
Hmm, so do the above allstar ranks show as above anywhere visibly?

Predict
06-18-2023, 12:40 AM
Hmm, so do the above allstar ranks show as above anywhere visibly?

At the end of AC when prizes/trophies are distributed you'll get the relevant trophy for going above All Star. The charts there to show you when you can stop once you've hit the rank you want.

master4you2
06-18-2023, 12:54 AM
I seeeee thank you!

Masterplayer44
06-28-2023, 08:59 PM
Sorry, wrong thread.