PDA

View Full Version : 👏 Slowpoke Appreciation Thread 👏

mofumofu
04-13-2023, 05:47 PM

You know what I don't see enough of? SLOWPOKE APPRECIATION.
AKA YADON (Japanese name)
Before we get a bit into it lets see the
Biology behind these majestic Pokemon.

Slowpoke is a pink Pokémon that resembles a cross between a salamander and a hippopotamus. It has vacant eyes that never seem focused, curled ears, and a rounded, tan muzzle. It has four legs, each of which ends in a single white claw. Its long, tapering tail has a white tip. This tail drips a sweet, sappy substance that is attractive to many species of fish. Slowpoke uses the tail as a fishing lure. The tail often breaks off, but it will grow back. Slowpoke tails are considered a delicacy and commonly used as a cooking ingredient: in Alola, they are often dried and used in home-cooked stews, while in Galar, they are smoked and packaged as a curry ingredient. Slowpoke is also known to dive underwater to hunt, but is often itself caught instead.

Slowpoke has a notoriously dim intellect and often forgets what it was doing. It takes a long time to respond to outside stimuli. For example, it can take up to five seconds to process pain and can take an entire day to notice when its tail has been bitten. Slowpoke is commonly found at the water's edge. In some places, it is believed that Slowpoke's yawn causes rain. This Pokémon is worshiped in those areas. Its vacant expression is said to help some people relax, whilst causing irritation to others. It is posited that those who lead hectic lives are most likely to become relaxed.

Galarian Slowpoke's body is a slightly different shade of pink, and it has gained yellow colorations on its forehead and tail. This tail is always down and said to have a spicy taste. Much like its Kantonian counterpart, Galarian Slowpoke are known to relax on seashores and riverbanks without a care in the world. However, sometimes it will get a very sharp look in its eyes as if it is about to think of something tremendous, although it will quickly forget and return to its normal expression afterward. It is believed that this behavior, along with the spicy taste of its tail, is a result of Galarica particles built up from its diet of native Galarica seeds affecting its brain and body.[1] This diet also affects Slowpoke's two different evolutions, including the Shellder that attaches to it, which is induced by either the Galarica Cuff or the Galarica Wreath.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

You wanna know whats great about slowpoke? He's cute. He's a PR mastermind, but best of all....He's a governor

That's right guvnor!

We always knew he was the wisest leader.

We always knew that Slowpoke Tails were a delicacy. BUT NO MORE. Due to his overwhelming greatness as a mayor he has endorsed UDON. You heard that?
WE GOT UDON.
UDON
Shame on you Slowpoke tail eaters. I'll eat your tail if you do. Uhm you didn't read that right.

Slowpoke knows you work tirelessly everyday whether its school, work, or physical fitness. He always got your back.
He knows you want some TLC so he created a wonderful chair for purchase.

C'mon sit on me~ <3

You think that's the end of ergonomics? HECK NO.
That's right. I'm calling out you gamers. I know you slouching at your desks.
Slowpoke has a solution for you.
I'll make sure your back is straight. So you can carry in-game~ <3

Anyway this can get pretttttty long. But lets end with a song about Slowpoke/Yadon.

But really how can you deny this adorable face?

Anyway thanks for reading and appreciating.
If you have anything else to add please do so in the thread.

Please don't cut my tail~

howdy
04-13-2023, 05:55 PM

not to mention they are an excellent cK buddy who always takes care of our ryus, posts about anime, and never fails to have an awesome userbar stack! :love_heart: much love Slowpoke !

Bulbasaur
04-13-2023, 05:57 PM
I know a certain person who is going to love this ;)

MORE SLOWPOKE!

Bat
04-13-2023, 06:02 PM
I caught a Slowpoke with perfect IVs in Pokemon GO's recent Slowpoke day event! He's my precious tank now! Slowpoke is a champ!

mofumofu
04-13-2023, 06:02 PM

not to mention they are an excellent cK buddy who always takes care of our ryus, posts about anime, and never fails to have an awesome userbar stack! :love_heart: much love Slowpoke !

Thank you all. Yes they have great taste indeed. I just felt that there isn't much appreciation after having a heated debate with my friends on Discord last night.

Alcremie
04-13-2023, 06:13 PM
Such a cute pokemon...I really want a big slowpoke plush :)

Buizel
04-13-2023, 06:14 PM
Slowpoke is such an amazing pokemon! :$ He was definitely popular in the anime as well, and I'm glad to see he got some love in Sword & Shield with new forms! :)

He's also been blessed with a great moveset, which is rare for special attackers like him.

Clefairy
04-13-2023, 06:42 PM
(excuse the crappy mouse art)

Slowpoke has always been of my favorite pokemon, I always try to include one on my team when the region allows it early on the game :$

YAY SLOWPOKE

mofumofu
04-13-2023, 07:00 PM
(excuse the crappy mouse art)

Slowpoke has always been of my favorite pokemon, I always try to include one on my team when the region allows it early on the game :$

YAY SLOWPOKE

OMG I LOVE THIS SO CUTE ;__ ; <3

Slowpoke
04-13-2023, 07:04 PM
I know a certain person who is going to love this ;)

MORE SLOWPOKE!

YESSSSS. MORE SLOWPOKE!!! :o_o:

If Slowpoke has one million fans, then I'm one of them.
If Slowpoke has one fan, then I'm that fan.
If Slowpoke has no fans, then I am ded.
I have endless love and appreciation for our cozy vacant-eyed little buddy. mofumofu You are speaking straight fax my friend. I'm so curious what that Discord conversation was like lmaooo!
I would like to treat every single Ck user here to a bowl of Slowpoke Udon (no Slowpoke were harmed in the making of these noodles).

Bulbasaur
04-13-2023, 07:26 PM

YESSSSS. MORE SLOWPOKE!!! :o_o:

If Slowpoke has one million fans, then I'm one of them.
If Slowpoke has one fan, then I'm that fan.
If Slowpoke has no fans, then I am ded.
I have endless love and appreciation for our cozy vacant-eyed little buddy. mofumofu You are speaking straight fax my friend. I'm so curious what that Discord conversation was like lmaooo!
I would like to treat every single Ck user here to a bowl of Slowpoke Udon (no Slowpoke were harmed in the making of these noodles).

ILY SLOWPOKE! :korbie_blush:
As well as the Pokemon lol

You both are so sweet and adorable!

mofumofu
04-14-2023, 09:35 AM
ILY SLOWPOKE! :korbie_blush:
As well as the Pokemon lol

You both are so sweet and adorable!

Basically the argument was that I was talking about my trip from Japan. And I saw this girl at an Animate shop and she had full on Slowpoke badges and pins on her apron.

I told my friends that I was instantly in love because she was decked out in merch + it was my favorite Pokemon. And someone in the discord chat said Slowpoke was a bad Pokemon then all hell went loose. :mad:

Thus the spamming of slowpoke images and gifs came on.

Hollow
04-14-2023, 09:40 AM
yES SLOWPOKE! YOU GO SLOWPOKE!

You absolute hecking cutie pie! xD I APPRECIATE YOU!

Excalibur
04-14-2023, 08:08 PM
Slowpoke is mos def amazing <3

KJiU
04-17-2023, 05:08 AM
A late & yet somehow "I screwed up" - appreciation :D Slowpoke

Rowlet
04-17-2023, 06:49 AM

Time to bring back this banger

Slowpoke
04-17-2023, 08:46 AM
A late & yet somehow "I screwed up" - appreciation :D Slowpoke

This was no screw up!!! SO FREAKING ADORABLE. Oh my gosh! *holds chest* My heart. You're the best KJiU! :quighype: :love_heart:

Cat Purrson
04-17-2023, 11:25 AM
I LOVE THIS CUTE CHONKY PINK POKEMON AND I LOVE Slowpoke!!!

KJiU
04-17-2023, 09:52 PM
This was no screw up!!! SO FREAKING ADORABLE. Oh my gosh! *holds chest* My heart. You're the best KJiU! :quighype: :love_heart:

Thank you :D, i'm glad that you actually like it haha xD I will try to rework on it once i learn how to doodle on Photoshop or that other software which i forgot its name :

Slowpoke
04-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Thank you :D, i'm glad that you actually like it haha xD I will try to rework on it once i learn how to doodle on Photoshop or that other software which i forgot its name :

Please show if you ever do! :$ I wish I had photoshop, but for now I just use Procreate for iPad :P I drew a green Slowpoke and showed the lovely Ice around last year, I should add it here or my sig heheheh

KJiU
04-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Slowpoke , yes haha sure . Oh my PS was a cracked version :P . For the green slowpoke you should drop it here haha but both is cool in the post / sig:D

Greenscreen
05-30-2023, 04:24 AM
The slowpoke/family episodes in Pokemon Journeys were funny. I appreciated the slowpoke line and their shenanigans

Sidenote: I opened up my son's Scarlet game and roamed for about a minute and came across a shiny Slowpoke a few months ago. He was happy but upset that I found him so effortlessly lol.