PDA

View Full Version : Give Some Kudos!

Bat
04-13-2023, 12:22 PM
Some of you might've noticed a dollar sign ($) next to usernames in posts around the site in the past few months. That's actually a feature we've been sitting on called "kudos", and it's our handy new way for collaborators in our community to share in the gratitude received for their hard work! Where previous group effort would only see the person publishing that work getting forum rewards, tagging with kudos allows every person mentioned to receive the same amount of thanks and +rep as the poster themselves! No more unsung heroes here!

To use this new tagging method, simply add $ before a person's username when mentioning them, or use the BB code USERNAME (substituting "USERNAME", of course)! For example, if I want to share my thanks and +rep with Joe, I'd add something like:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Special thanks to $j03 for making this rockin' forum possible!
It's as easy as that, and now Joe and I receive all the gratitude for that post! You can share +rep and thanks with every person tagged using kudos in your post, so this opens up the possibility for some major collective efforts!

So! What are you waiting for? Get out there and collaborate with someone, and reap the rewards together!

j03
04-13-2023, 12:29 PM
Amazing new feature that we've definitely needed for some time now.

Please remember to consider the usual rules regarding +rep/+thanks when using this!

Synth Salazzle
04-13-2023, 01:29 PM
Man staff is just ROCKING OUT these QOL updates. I'm here for it and lovin it

DarkSkies
04-13-2023, 02:48 PM
Thanks for sharing this! I know now that the last time I used this I did it right (here reminding the juvian example on discord where I accidentally spammed him with rep or thanks in the past lol). What a nice extra motivation to band together and help the community :tiger:

Plus I love how ck is so active! We're all here and we're staying and going for more :o_o:

howdy
04-13-2023, 02:56 PM
So sorry I've reread the post a couple times and sometimes my brain is really dumb with reading comprehension,
Or, if I +rep or thank a post and there are people kudos tagged in that post, they will receive the same +rep or thanks as the person who made that post?

Followup q, if it's the second option,
when I give 1 +rep to a post that, for example has two people kudos tagged, that will basically mean my 1 +rep will be awarded to 3 people? does it use 3 of my +rep for the day?
I'm always careful to follow the thanks and +rep guidelines but I like to give out +rep whenever possible because the people on these forums are endlessly helpful for my neopetting, but sometimes I like to ration on days i'm on here more heavily and I just want to know the details :)

thank you so much for always tweaking and improving clraik, we are so lucky to have such an awesome active place to convene and be both wholesome and mildly nefarious together!

Bat
04-13-2023, 04:00 PM
Or, if I +rep or thank a post and there are people kudos tagged in that post, they will receive the same +rep or thanks as the person who made that post?

When a person is tagged using kudos, any thanks or +rep given to the post in which they were tagged will be given to the tagged person as well as the original poster.

when I give 1 +rep to a post that, for example has two people kudos tagged, that will basically mean my 1 +rep will be awarded to 3 people? does it use 3 of my +rep for the day?

Correct. If you give 1 +rep to a post, then 1 +rep is awarded to each person given kudos in the post, as well as the original poster. There's no such thing as a "rep for the day". The limiter you're encountering only stops you from giving +rep to the same person too many times in quick succession. There isn't actually a limit on how much you can +rep, only how often you can +rep the same person without padding it out a bit.

I'm always careful to follow the thanks and +rep guidelines but I like to give out +rep whenever possible because the people on these forums are endlessly helpful for my neopetting, but sometimes I like to ration on days i'm on here more heavily and I just want to know the details :)

Definitely limit your +repping to times where people genuinely deserve it. Acts of extraordinary usefulness to the community deserve the most +rep, while anything less than that shouldn't receive more than the bare minimum, if any. We understand that this threshold may vary from one person to the next, so we try to deal with it on a case by case basis. If we have a problem with how you're using +rep, then we'll let you know. Otherwise, just use your best judgement.

howdy
04-13-2023, 05:08 PM
There's no such thing as a "rep for the day". The limiter you're encountering only stops you from giving +rep to the same person too many times in quick succession. There isn't actually a limit on how much you can +rep, only how often you can +rep the same person without padding it out a bit.

Huh, thats a little strange, I usually +rep people for voting in the BC (as suggested in the beauty contest thread) and after I give out 5 +rep I get this error:
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."
And I can't give out any more. I've gotten the same person error too, and it's a different one. Maybe this is because of my rank?

Charmander
04-15-2023, 11:34 AM
Thanks for bringing this feature officially out of the shadows! As a Coordinator, it has been amazing to use to be able to show some love to the other staffers who collaborate on events behind the scenes!

If anyone is thinking of hosting an event, creating a guide etc but feel like it's too much to do alone; there is not reason it can't be a team effort! Don't hesitate to reach out to fellow community members to collaborate on a project. There is an abundance of talent and knowledge here, to let's tap into it! This fun feature is also a great way to ensure everyone who collaborates is recognized for their work!

Don't hesitate to reach out to our team of Coordinators if you have some neat ideas but need help and guidance in execution! :positive:

aymo
04-18-2023, 04:43 PM
Huh, thats a little strange, I usually +rep people for voting in the BC (as suggested in the beauty contest thread) and after I give out 5 +rep I get this error:
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."
And I can't give out any more. I've gotten the same person error too, and it's a different one. Maybe this is because of my rank?

Did this question ever get answered because there is definitely a limit on the amount of REP you can give out in a certain period of time

j03
04-18-2023, 05:24 PM
Did this question ever get answered because there is definitely a limit on the amount of REP you can give out in a certain period of time

I thought it was globally known and mentioned in our rep/thanks guides that you can't +rep the same person continuously. You'll need to spread +rep around before giving to the same person.

Looking up, Bat actually answered this as well!

Buizel
04-18-2023, 05:49 PM
I thought it was globally known and mentioned in our rep/thanks guides that you can't +rep the same person continuously. You'll need to spread +rep around before giving to the same person.

Looking up, Bat actually answered this as well!

I think amyo and howdy are referring to this text that they get when they give out rep to a lot of people in one day:

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Like, if amyo repped 14 people and tried to rep me as the 15th, then they get that error message above.

j03
04-18-2023, 05:53 PM
I think amyo and howdy are referring to this text that they get when they give out rep to a lot of people in one day:

Like, if amyo repped 14 people and tried to rep me as the 15th, then they get that error message above.

Ah, yeah we don't encourage spamming +rep either. Remember, +rep is reserved for quality contributions that aren't "effortless".

howdy
04-18-2023, 07:21 PM
Ah, yeah we don't encourage spamming +rep either. Remember, +rep is reserved for quality contributions that aren't "effortless".

I'm slightly confused about this bc in this post ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) (the first one on the BC thread) it says:

Please be sure to post a reply to this thread so that you can be thanked and +repped properly!

I figures that's why everyone copies and pastes the "done voting" message in there, so they can get the thanks and +rep like it says in that post. So should I keep using my allotted 5 +rep every day for people who vote in the BC or is that considered "spamming +rep" because it's low-effort?

- - - Updated - - -

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Yes, there's definitely a hard limit on how much rep I can give out in 24 hours, not just discouragement...It's 5, to be exact. I assume the number is based on rank bc I think it was 1 when I was newbie rank.

j03
04-18-2023, 07:21 PM
I'm slightly confused about this bc in this post ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) (the first one on the BC thread) it says:

I figures that's why everyone copies and pastes the "done voting" message in there, so they can get the thanks and +rep like it says in that post. So should I keep using my allotted 5 +rep every day for people who vote in the BC or is that considered "spamming +rep" because it's low-effort?

There's no rule saying you need to be +repping every day to all BC voters. I feel like if multiple people did this, it would cause an unbalance and we'd need to reconsider rank requirements/reputation rules again.

Voting for BC entries is encouraged, but I think a +thanks is enough to thank the person.

howdy
04-18-2023, 07:29 PM
There's no rule saying you need to be +repping every day to all BC voters. I feel like if multiple people did this, it would cause an unbalance and we'd need to reconsider rank requirements/reputation rules again.

Voting for BC entries is encouraged, but it's low effort to do so, and I think a +thanks is enough to thank the person.

yeah I didn't think there was a rule, I was just following the suggestion i linked above from bat in the BC thread post cuz it seemed like a good way to encourage people to vote every week. Maybe remove the +rep part of that post if you don't want people doing that cuz I def read that post all the way through when I got cK rank and started +rep'ing bc voters whenever I could because of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct. If you give 1 +rep to a post, then 1 +rep is awarded to each person given kudos in the post, as well as the original poster. There's no such thing as a "rep for the day". The limiter you're encountering only stops you from giving +rep to the same person too many times in quick succession. There isn't actually a limit on how much you can +rep, only how often you can +rep the same person without padding it out a bit.

So sorry to be a bother, but I still don't have an answer to this question I asked originally. Given that there is a limit to how much +rep I can give out in a 24 hour period, does the 1 +rep i give to a post that then has 2 people kudos tagged in it count as 3 of my +rep for the day? Or just one?

Buizel
04-19-2023, 09:58 PM
If I may, I will admit, I do the same as howdy in regards to the BC board. I only entered once when I needed the avatar, but even then, I +repped each person I got a notification for that voted for me. I took the first post to also mean to try to rep users who vote for you. I looked at it it as more effort since you have to have the script installed to participate, it's only for a certain ck+ members, and the fact that there were people who voted on multiple accounts.

Daffodil
04-19-2023, 10:11 PM
I was wondering what that is, cool.

Bat Thanks for keeping the site updated and fun!

EDIT: Ayeeeeeee it works!

Unown
04-19-2023, 11:56 PM
This is a SICK feature!!!

I think this will open up some interesting collaboration opportunities throughout the entire forum.

Excited!

TsUNaMy WaVe
04-20-2023, 05:23 AM
That's an awesome feature!!! Very cool, thanks for adding it to the forums!

Zenitsu
04-20-2023, 11:03 AM
I am absolutely thrilled about this new feature. :D It's incredibly motivating and makes me want to work even harder to collaborate with others. Being able to work together effectively can be incredibly rewarding, and it's great to see that our efforts are being recognized and that everybody will get their fair share of likes and reputation for their work. I'm excited to see how this feature will encourage and facilitate collaboration within our community, and how we can use it to recognize and celebrate the great work that we do together.

Thank you for implementing the kudos-rewarding system. It's a fantastic way to incentivize collaboration and foster a positive team dynamic! I've really enjoyed working with everyone so far, and I hope we can collaborate more in the future. Let's go, friends! :D

Excalibur
04-21-2023, 08:18 AM
Honestly this is a game changer. To be able to do group projects and dish out group rewards is pretty great. Thank J03 and Bat!!

howdy
04-21-2023, 09:54 AM
If I may, I will admit, I do the same as howdy in regards to the BC board. I only entered once when I needed the avatar, but even then, I +repped each person I got a notification for that voted for me. I took the first post to also mean to try to rep users who vote for you. I looked at it it as more effort since you have to have the script installed to participate, it's only for a certain ck+ members, and the fact that there were people who voted on multiple accounts.

No answer to my other question yet either. can you help me test it: Make a post with 4 people kudos tagged and I'll rep it and then try to rep someone else that'll tell us.

Zenitsu
05-01-2023, 08:45 PM
What is the policy on using the kudos tag in giveaways? Is it allowed or prohibited? :D

j03
05-01-2023, 09:22 PM
What is the policy on using the kudos tag in giveaways? Is it allowed or prohibited? :D

If you're collaborating or giving credit to others, otherwise, what would you use it for?

Zenitsu
05-02-2023, 05:52 AM
If you're collaborating or giving credit to others, otherwise, what would you use it for?

Just making sure for the crediting part. :D

For example, if I collaborate with a friend to giveaway a set of cooking book codes and they also make a payment towards it, would it be appropriate to credit them for their contribution?

j03
05-02-2023, 10:49 AM
Just making sure for the crediting part. :D

For example, if I collaborate with a friend to giveaway a set of cooking book codes and they also make a payment towards it, would it be appropriate to credit them for their contribution?

If you're both collaborating on the giveaway, then yes.

Synth Salazzle
05-06-2023, 08:00 AM
Who wants in on some emulator/nintendo/pokemon guides with me?

Shawn
05-10-2023, 10:22 AM
Amazing update :biggrin:

phantasia
05-24-2023, 04:16 PM
Some of you might've noticed a dollar sign ($) next to usernames in posts around the site in the past few months. That's actually a feature we've been sitting on called "kudos", and it's our handy new way for collaborators in our community to share in the gratitude received for their hard work! Where previous group effort would only see the person publishing that work getting forum rewards, tagging with kudos allows every person mentioned to receive the same amount of thanks and +rep as the poster themselves! No more unsung heroes here!

To use this new tagging method, simply add $ before a person's username when mentioning them, or use the BB code USERNAME (substituting "USERNAME", of course)! For example, if I want to share my thanks and +rep with Joe, I'd add something like:

It's as easy as that, and now Joe and I receive all the gratitude for that post! You can share +rep and thanks with every person tagged using kudos in your post, so this opens up the possibility for some major collective efforts!

So! What are you waiting for? Get out there and collaborate with someone, and reap the rewards together!

How did I miss this post! This is such a cool feature