PDA

View Full Version : Ryu Colour Change

rodelicious
04-10-2023, 02:46 PM
Not sure if it is just me, but my ryu's bar automatically changes colours when I unlock a new one.

Is there any way to keep it static so that it doesn't change? Perhaps a check box that says to keep current colours if a new ryu colour is unlocked, or some type of popup box telling you that you unlocked a new ryu color instead.

DarkSkies
04-10-2023, 03:09 PM
Not sure if it is just me, but my ryu's bar automatically changes colours when I unlock a new one.

Is there any way to keep it static so that it doesn't change? Perhaps a check box that says to keep current colours if a new ryu colour is unlocked, or some type of popup box telling you that you unlocked a new ryu color instead.

I think that's how it's designed actually for everyone.

I've never seen an option to stop it though I find helpful seeing the new scene/paint on my Ryu bar so I'm aware I unlocked something new.

Kibba
04-10-2023, 03:10 PM
I think part of the magic of the ryu scenes and paints are that you get the surprise of having a new one whenever you refresh.

Anyways, there's no way of making it static... It's the same way as when you get a new UB. Your last UB gets replaced for the new one

rodelicious
04-10-2023, 03:15 PM
Thanks! If that's how it is, the so be it :$

Just not the biggest fan of having to reset it back to something visible every time I unlock a new one.

howdy
04-10-2023, 04:46 PM
If it's any comfort, there's a pretty steep curve with the paints where after you unlock a good handful, you'll be unlocking them at a much slower rate and won't have to go change it back as often. I haven't unlocked a new one in months.

chii3d
04-10-2023, 05:36 PM
If it's any comfort, there's a pretty steep curve with the paints where after you unlock a good handful, you'll be unlocking them at a much slower rate and won't have to go change it back as often. I haven't unlocked a new one in months.

I came here to say this. I can't remember the last one I unlocked, but I can say I haven't had to change the color back in months.

rodelicious
04-13-2023, 01:29 PM
On another note, but similar topic. Bat and j03, is there any chance we can get an option so that we can change the ryu's to a default color of our choosing on our side only?

I'm always trying to help ryu's when I can, but there are some color combos that drive me nuts and makes it hard for me to see. I want to help them all, but with some color combinations, I feel more inclined to skip them.

Cat Purrson
04-13-2023, 01:33 PM
The good news is, once you collect them all, you won't have to worry about it anymore! :D

Bat
04-13-2023, 01:34 PM
It seems like what you're really asking for is a "high contrast" option to emphasize the Ryugotchi, HUD and props. Changing everything to the default color (black) wouldn't fix the contrast issues with dark scenes.

rodelicious
04-13-2023, 01:40 PM
Something similar to that, it could be the following:

1. High contrast mode for ryu, icons, and props
2. Option to show everyone's ryu to a preset of my choice (maybe different from your current ryu)
3. First gen gameboy style -- tan background with black pixels

howdy
04-13-2023, 02:08 PM
On another note, but similar topic. Bat and j03, is there any chance we can get an option so that we can change the ryu's to a default color of our choosing on our side only?

I'm always trying to help ryu's when I can, but there are some color combos that drive me nuts and makes it hard for me to see. I want to help them all, but with some color combinations, I feel more inclined to skip them.

Two tips for this:
1) If you double click the ryu bar it will make it bigger which often makes it easier to see
2) I often leave a comment on the person's profile letting them know that their color combo is hard to see! Some people's vision or screen is slightly different and they might not know it's hard for us to see :)

Other than those two tips I do honestly tend to skip hard to see ones because it's hard on my eyes as well.

phantasia
04-13-2023, 02:29 PM

Same here.... it definitely slows down

Bat
04-13-2023, 04:07 PM
There are currently 16 paints and 12 scenes awarded at random, while everything else is either tied to Ryugotchi evolutions, certain combinations or accumulations of care, or particular events or seasons. Roughly 52% of Ryugotchi unlockables are tied to simple tasks. All the rest has a bit of an effort curve.

howdy
04-13-2023, 05:22 PM
There are currently 16 paints and 12 scenes awarded at random, while everything else is either tied to Ryugotchi evolutions, certain combinations or accumulations of care, or particular events or seasons. Roughly 52% of Ryugotchi unlockables are tied to simple tasks. All the rest has a bit of an effort curve.

I have 20 paints unlocked, are there 16 available to unlock right now, and the additional ones I have are seasonal or retired?

Bat
04-13-2023, 05:26 PM
I have 20 paints unlocked, are there 16 available to unlock right now, and the additional ones I have are seasonal or retired?

Excluding the default paint color, there are 23 paints in total. All of the ones you're missing are seasonal.