PDA

View Full Version : How to build up Shell Accounts in 2023

Unown
03-18-2023, 09:48 AM
So you've either seen people botting multiple shell accounts for money through Food Club, or getting multiples of event prizes, and you've decided that since you can't beat 'em, you can join 'em, right?

Or maybe you're just looking for a way to earn Neopoints easily. If you've made use of j03's StealthCORE bot ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), you'd know that you can bot multiple accounts every single day and have all your accounts earning money for you while you're out there earning money in the real world.

Well, in this guide, I'm not here to teach you how to use the bots/programs/scripts available on this forum to earn money, because there're many guides that do so. I'm here to give you a little insight on how to continue doing this for a very long time without getting your shell accounts reported/banned in the long run.

As you probably already know, there's a certain entity out there on the neoreddit called NT who claims they have access to the backend live database and is using it as a way to out cheaters and get the entire community turned on them.

On top of that, shell accounts get called out a lot when they appear somewhere by accident (on dailies HSTs, lottery wins, shop sales, etc) Well, the best way to not have a shell look like a shell.. is to build it up so it looks like an account. And here are the steps necessary to do so.

1. Create/Buy Shell Accounts with Meaningful Names.

First thing to do is to create/buy a shell account with a meaningful name. It can include a RN, a nickname, an item, something intangible, anything that can be used to create a story. Eg. Don't be using "auhrqoh12094" when you could be having an account with "jenniferashwalt84" or "supermario_111".

When you have an account with a meaningful name, it's easier to create a profile that seems real. A proper name, a real country, an imaginable face behind the name. Even if the account gets found out, it looks like a real account instead of a shell. Have a name, add a gender, a country and put in some hobbies.

Next up, beautify the userlookup. There are many userlookups available on Neopets that were created by other users that you can just copy and paste with minor edits to the description to create a profile and have it look authentic. Just search on google: 'neopets userlookups' and you should be able to find some. Don't use the same one for all your shell accounts.

Have a short write-up if your userlookup allows. It could be something along the lines of:

"Just returned to Neopets after many years! Looking forward to finishing some childhood dreams of mine"
"My grandkid introduced this to me and I'm here to see what the fuss is all about."
"My main account got frozen and TNT refuses to return it to me. Made another account to play in the meantime"

Some examples:

2. Train up/Customize Your Pet

The next thing you should do is to train up and customize your pet. There are hordes of cheap items that can be used to customize your pet under 10,000 NP that you can purchase to use. A customized pet makes it look like the owner of the account is not just a shell of a face, but a real person who wants to build up their account.

Having your pet(s) trained up also works toward your goal to earn neopoints. The pet can then be used to fight in the Battledome as well to earn codestones and other items to sell. Do take a look at this other guide ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I made to know what level and what items to get for your pets to battle in the Battledome.

3. Build Up Avatars/Trophies

In order to make the shell accounts look like proper accounts, have at least 100 avatars. I would believe that even newbies are able to get at least 100 after playing for a while. The easiest way is to get clickables ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). After you're done with those, you could even go for item/pet/petpets. The seasonal one can be done as well if you keep track on Annual Avatars ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

You'll continue to get more random avatars along the way as you use the bot to do dailies and other activities.

As for trophies, you can easily get some such as Punchbag Bob, the Altador Plot, and various game ones. For more information you can check out this other guide ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I made. Most, if not all, of these trophies can be gotten via the bot or scripts available on this forum.

4. Have a Gallery/Shop

This could actually work as a double-edged sword because if you have items in a gallery/shop it'd make the account searchable via the Shop Wizard. However, I always think that an account is a shell when they do not have a shop/gallery. How would they make neopoints otherwise? If an account is not making money through selling but only through dailies, it makes them a highly suspicious shell account. (This could just be my biased opinion)

A gallery/shop shows effort put into the account and it gives character/personality to the person behind the account. Sure, not every would be into collecting anything or having a gallery for any purpose, but it would definitely help since Neopets is more or less a game where people build or collect something.

Your gallery could have anything - from "daily prizes", to "fish", or "neggs", or "dogs", or "petpets", anything that could be cheap.

5. Use a VPN/Proxy For Each Account

I'd say the most important factor in this guide right now would be to have a separate VPN/Proxy that you can use for each account to ensure that they're never connected to your main account. Your shells can be frozen but the moment it's connected to your main, it's over.

A step-by-step you can take if you're unsure is to purchase 10 proxies from InstantProxies ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and have 10 shell accounts. Assign one proxy to one shell account and remember which is which. When you use a bot or login to the account, make sure you use that specific proxy so that it's never connected to your main account.

Change your proxy via your settings in windows under 'Manual proxy setup' and type in the proxy address.

This may or may not be necessary because in recent times TNT seems to have loosened up their rules (or just be too lacking in manpower to handle it) but it's always better to be on the safer side.

I hope everything I've mentioned here helped you in your quest to have multiple shells to earn NP. Currently, TNT isn't all that into catching shell botting as long as you're careful with the way you run the shells to not get reported, and also that you do not move your money/ill-gotten gains in a way that's too obvious and will get flagged, you'll be fine! Good luck!

Unown
04-24-2023, 09:36 AM
Oooh I didn't realize that my guide got approved!

For those who are looking to buy shells for botting, do take a look here to see what is necessary to for your shells to reduce the chances of getting called out :D

Praise_the_Sun
01-13-2024, 10:43 PM
Thanks so much for this guide. I'm still getting acclimated to the Neopets RMT meta.

Question for you: how do daily tasks equate to points / profits in general? The price per proxy needs to justify an account that only does dailies so I'm trying to think that through etc...

Unown
01-14-2024, 07:12 AM
Thanks so much for this guide. I'm still getting acclimated to the Neopets RMT meta.

Question for you: how do daily tasks equate to points / profits in general? The price per proxy needs to justify an account that only does dailies so I'm trying to think that through etc...

I don't particularly do daily quests on shells since it can't be botted.

When quests first came out, I did them on shells just to get my hands on the rare items such as r99 stamps and BD weapons just in case they got phased out within 1-3 months (which didn't happen lol).

However, in the long run it's just not worth it since it can't be botted and has to be done manually. If you're able to make a script which automates it then it's worth doing since it's a good 20-30k neopoints + some items whenever you do it. It's almost like another spin of Trudy's.

Edit: More thoughts. Profits coming from shells are always bound to be small. But it's the small and steady through the years that make up for a strong shell. :D

caviar
01-17-2024, 09:49 AM
I've got a free VPN that does have options to connect to a few specific cities each time, but also an option to connect to any server in a few countries. Is it okay if I just randomly connect to any server in my country of choice, as long as I'm not using any proxy that I use for my main?

Unown
01-17-2024, 09:54 AM
I've got a free VPN that does have options to connect to a few specific cities each time, but also an option to connect to any server in a few countries. Is it okay if I just randomly connect to any server in my country of choice, as long as I'm not using any proxy that I use for my main?

Using a VPN is fine.

There have been many instances in the past where TNT banned via VPN proxy IPs and that generated a lot of backlash because of a blanket ban on VPNs considering many people use VPNs nowadays for work and personal security. As such, I believe TNT has stopped banning via VPNs.

As long as you're using the same VPN for the same accounts and not overlapping you should be okay! But then again, how would they know XD

Best is to always have it separate from your main, just to be safe.

caviar
01-17-2024, 10:50 AM
Using a VPN is fine.

There have been many instances in the past where TNT banned via VPN proxy IPs and that generated a lot of backlash because of a blanket ban on VPNs considering many people use VPNs nowadays for work and personal security. As such, I believe TNT has stopped banning via VPNs.

As long as you're using the same VPN for the same accounts and not overlapping you should be okay! But then again, how would they know XD

Best is to always have it separate from your main, just to be safe.

Yeah, it's been random which VPN I'm using for which account, it hasn't always been the same, but that's just by virtue of it being the free version lol.