PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 4

Map
03-07-2023, 10:56 PM
I saw this section that hasn't been posted in a while! Hopefully not casting any necromancy spells here...

Is anyone participating in the Diablo 4 Early Access / Open Beta?

If you have pre-ordered I believe you should have Early Access from March 17 - March 20. Everyone else I think gets in at March 24 - March 27. If you get to level 20, you get a cute little wolf backpack for your character to show off.

Anyone else hyped for this game? I'm a huge Diablo 2 fan, wasn't a fan of Diablo 3, but the game play looks really good and I've been hearing alot of positive feedback about the game.

What classes are you going to try out / main / play? I'm definitely going to try out Barbarian and Sorcereress first -- but being real I'm probably going to try all five classes!

Buizel
03-07-2023, 11:23 PM
I know Nattiee would like this, she's waiting for this game! :D

As for me, I bought Diablo 2 (I think?) when it first came to the Switch. It's my first Diablo game and I loved playing it. :grief: There's so much to do, even after the story is over, so I want to get similar games as well. :)

Hopefully this Diablo comes to either the Switch or Steam Deck so I can get i!

Lovedraguns
03-08-2023, 07:22 AM
I thought it was April. I’ve been eyeing the CB, personally so I might pick up a copy but the price tag for a game I may not like is kinda painful.

Nattiee
03-08-2023, 08:10 PM
Heck yeah!
I havent made time to play video games much and admittedly I haven't touched D2 or D3 in what feels like forever. I'm somewhat sad that the Demon Hunter didn't make the cut for D4. I know they blended it with the Rogue class so I'm going to keep an open mind about it.. or try to anyway :P

I pre-ordered & plan on starting off with Rogue but like you, I'll most likely want to try all the classes.
I havent read too much into the release yet - do you know if they made mention of online during the Beta release?

Also, omg is this wolf pack what you're talking about because it's so adorable
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Tater
03-08-2023, 09:47 PM
Squealed when I saw this because I've beenliving under a rock at work and had no clue Diablo 4 was coming out so soon. My fiance and I love the series!!!
I am very excited. We mostly play on switch right now but have been talking about an xbox/playstation/computer upgrade, this will give us more reason too, just have to decide which one.

Map
03-08-2023, 10:36 PM
Nattiee Right!? It is pretty cute lol. I am a sucker for cosmetics so I'm probably going to go for it since I'm already interested in trying out the game. If you haven't already seen the animation I would highly recommend seeing it, should be posted on the main page of Diablo 4!

I *think* it's online -- if that is what you meant by being able to play on battle.net with friends/strangers. I remember them saying they wanted to test the world boss situation so it would be a 12 person instance!
Tater I have never played Diablo outside of a computer so I'm super intrigued with this idea of console play! But as a PC gamer I'm heavily biased in enjoying the PC version lol. Do you have your own switches or do you play on the same switch?

Tater
03-08-2023, 10:54 PM
Map Both actually! The 'main' switch is mine, and we play on it together, online even, on that one. Then the otherswitch is my older one that he uses when we want to play separate but not together lol. Mostly Pokemon, but Diablo too. We both have to have an nintendo online account, but recently they came out with thus family plan that my brother signed us all up on and he's paying it. So we will see how that works too. I have a playstation 4 but she's getting pretty old and hasn't been turned on in several months. We have talked heavily about getting a two computer set up in our spare room and making it our hangout/game space, but we don't have the greatest interenet in the world right now. We are looking to upgrade since a new provider just came avaliable to this area and reviews are pretty good.

Nattiee
03-10-2023, 07:57 PM
Highly recommend PC for Diablo! Can you still play online with others on the console? I never looked into if it's cross platform like Fortnite.
Map the animation is adorable. I was half waiting for a mini stretch but that headshake is too cute.

Maybe when it comes out fully we can do a games night for D4 =)

Iwallet
03-12-2023, 12:35 PM
I had no idea this game was coming out! I played Diablo 2 all day and night as a kid... Im ordering ASAP if anyone wants to play when it comes out let me know!

Maybe when it comes out fully we can do a games night for D4 =)

Really good idea! I havent joined a game night before but would love to do this

Hollow
03-12-2023, 04:55 PM
I am so hyped for Diablo 4!!!! I've literally just finished season 28 on Diablo 3, it was awesome. Managed to also complete the alter as well! I've already preordered Diablo 4, super looking forward to the early access. I'm thinking of going as Rogue and then maybe Necromancer when that gets released.

Nattiee
03-19-2023, 09:42 PM
Ok beta players - What do you think of the game so far? Have you completed Act 1 yet?

I've quite enjoyed it. I haven't had any issues with queuing but there were a couple times it said my account was locked and to try again in a few minutes. I managed to level my Rogue to 25 today but it's the only character I've tried out so far. I know of a few people who have maxed leveled all classes already which is insane.

I found some of the bosses a bit challenging but I'm sure it's only because of the lack of good gear I have at the moment.

I'm also on the fence with how spaced out everything is in the city, and I the fact that I think you have to teleport to Kyovashad in order to TP to a party member. It was super convenient in D3 that you could right click on the person's character and TP directly to them.

It's cute that if you go to dog and emote "hello" you'll pet it. I learned the hard way the dog then follows you everywhere until it GETS MURDERED.

Lovedraguns
03-21-2023, 09:23 AM
I didn’t have much time ti play it, but it was very enjoyable from the fifteen minutes I got into it. I can’t wait for the next weekend, but I am also hoping the servers don’t pop themselves this upcoming time. I’m going to get level 20 for the beta pet thingy. Used to play a lot of Path of Exile and d2 so maybe this’ll be a good blend of both.

Nattiee
03-26-2023, 04:43 PM
I was able to accomplish almost everything I wanted to this weekend in Beta. I wish the journal showed all the previous quests/side quests you've completed. I ended 31/35 side quests and I really didn't have the patience to keep looking for those last 4.
All in all, I've really enjoyed it but I do feel like it's the similar to D3 but with enhanced graphics. The world boss/challenges I'm not sure about yet. What I really enjoyed about the older games was that you could do whatever you wanted on your own time.

Waiting for the June release is going to be difficult.

Cat Purrson
03-26-2023, 05:19 PM
Ahhh yesss I can't wait to play it! I played D3 SO much and a little bit of D2! Super down to play with anyone here just message me!

Maia
03-26-2023, 07:43 PM
i have played a necromancer for the skeletons and i liked it so far!!
definitely solidified me wanting to get the game on release c:

probably will preorder for the WoW mount, its very cute

Cinnamoroll
03-26-2023, 08:57 PM
I’ve contemplated trying the demo but I’ve never played any of the Diablo games. They look mega cool though. The real question is: do I have time to devote to it? 😂

Nattiee
03-28-2023, 04:08 PM
Cinnamoroll - yes. ::devilemoji;;
Cat Purrson - didn't know you played. We will definitely have to do a little game sesh.
Maia - I didnt opt to make Necro because I wasn't a fan of the class in D3. What did you like about it? Did you notice a difference in gameplay/power from D3 (if you played)

Maia
03-28-2023, 05:14 PM
i actually never played a necromancer in D3, i hardly played it much honestly, but when i did i played Crusader and Witch Doctor

but in D4, necromancer seemed pretty strong
i just played on normal difficulty for the beta, but like i never felt like i was at risk of dying haha

definitely excited for the game to come out, i want to play it more

Nattiee
03-30-2023, 04:21 PM
i actually never played a necromancer in D3, i hardly played it much honestly, but when i did i played Crusader and Witch Doctor

but in D4, necromancer seemed pretty strong
i just played on normal difficulty for the beta, but like i never felt like i was at risk of dying haha

definitely excited for the game to come out, i want to play it more

I died a couple times with the Rogue. I started out on the easiest level but when the drops weren't as great after completing the main story line I kicked it up a notch. To be honest I didn't notice much difference except more frequent legs.
I heard the Druid is fairly strong too if you set him up nicely. If I deviate to another class I think I'll try that one first, then Sorcerer.

But that's me being ambitious. Lord knows if I'll make the time to play enough to have more than 1 character lol

Megiddo
06-05-2023, 05:23 PM
How is the game going for those playing it?

I've been holding off buying and playing it so far because I've got bad memories of how broken and busted D3 was on release with the real money auction house and the way overturned monsters in the original Inferno difficulty.

Cat Purrson
06-05-2023, 07:19 PM
How is the game going for those playing it?

I've been holding off buying and playing it so far because I've got bad memories of how broken and busted D3 was on release with the real money auction house and the way overturned monsters in the original Inferno difficulty.

I LOVE it. There are some small bugs here and there but not anything to not get the game over! If you loved D3 you will love this game. GET IT!!! :o_o:

lore
06-05-2023, 09:11 PM
I LOVE it. There are some small bugs here and there but not anything to not get the game over! If you loved D3 you will love this game. GET IT!!! :o_o:

100% agreed!

D3 is my only experience with Diablo and ARPGs and I'm having a blast! I'm only level 21 because I keep running around exploring and doing side quests, and it's nice that the Renown system rewards that.

I'm also rolling TB rogue which is broken even at low levels and so much fun.

Nattiee
06-05-2023, 09:15 PM
Loving it so far, too.
Got a bit buggy tonight but because it was opened to the normies. The peace of early access is gone.

Cat Purrson
06-05-2023, 09:52 PM
Loving it so far, too.
Got a bit buggy tonight but because it was opened to the normies. The peace of early access is gone.

I came back to say the bugs are actually annoying tonight. I do think it's because of the servers overflowing with people now that the game is out for everyone. I find myself running in place and rubber-banding a lot. Hopefully they fix it soon!

Also I'd love it if we made a clraik guild in the game!! Would anyone be down to join?

Cinnamoroll
06-05-2023, 10:53 PM
I came back to say the bugs are actually annoying tonight. I do think it's because of the servers overflowing with people now that the game is out for everyone. I find myself running in place and rubber-banding a lot. Hopefully they fix it soon!

Also I'd love it if we made a clraik guild in the game!! Would anyone be down to join?

Meeeeeeee once I actually get the damn game :o_o:

Megiddo
06-06-2023, 02:37 AM
I LOVE it. There are some small bugs here and there but not anything to not get the game over! If you loved D3 you will love this game. GET IT!!! :o_o:Not sure I had a great experience with D3 so still undecided on this one. I've played a lot of Diablo 2 and Path of Exile, Diablo 3 just felt... Shallow, i guess. Not sure that's the right word to describe how I felt about it.

I was never a fan of their skill choices, the limited itemisation options, the end game etc. Diablo 2's itemisation is peak game design in my eyes. Even blue magic items can be Best in Slot for some builds, everything has a place, everything has a value and if you drop something that isn't an upgrade for you, you trade it for something that does.

I'll watch a few more streams of people doing things and decide shortly. I've got some surgery booked in for next week on my knee and won't be able to move for 2 weeks so it'll probably be a good time to start a new game!

Nattiee
06-06-2023, 03:35 PM
The skill tree is interesting. Still trying to get acquainted.

What I find neat but still trying to decide how I feel is that you can extract legendary properties but they become consumable so you have to be intentional with your upgrades if it's not one of those apex things.
I'm not sure how I feel about it because do I want to have 5 of the same leg property or do I want the crafting materials?! I don't know ..

lore
06-06-2023, 05:53 PM
I would definitely be interested in a cK guild!

dancingsushi
06-06-2023, 06:42 PM
hello fellow d4 players!! i've been playing necro and loving it so far :) the rubber banding is pretty annoying at times in between zones and the bug on where you can't attack out of no where, but overall it's been fun

Megiddo
06-06-2023, 09:31 PM
hello fellow d4 players!! i've been playing necro and loving it so far :) the rubber banding is pretty annoying at times in between zones and the bug on where you can't attack out of no where, but overall it's been funI haven't started playing yet but I'd wager the rubber banding will sort itself out over the next week or two when player numbers start to decline.

Secretly happy I haven't started playing yet so I haven't had to put up with these issues [emoji1787]

feign
06-06-2023, 11:55 PM
I am loving D4 so far. Same bugs as others have suggested, but so fun to play. I am nearly level 50 on my first character

Cat Purrson
06-07-2023, 12:46 AM
I am loving D4 so far. Same bugs as others have suggested, but so fun to play. I am nearly level 50 on my first character

What character are you playing? I've tried Necromancer and Sorceress so far and I think I like the Sorceress the best. I am around level 40 on both characters but I keep getting distracted by side quests and I also have this weird tendency to explore the entire map so that's keeping me behind a bit. I'm having a blast though!!

feign
06-07-2023, 01:13 AM
What character are you playing? I've tried Necromancer and Sorceress so far and I think I like the Sorceress the best. I am around level 40 on both characters but I keep getting distracted by side quests and I also have this weird tendency to explore the entire map so that's keeping me behind a bit. I'm having a blast though!!

I am using an Arc Lash Sorc. Can't wait to try some endgame builds, just wish I had more time to play!

Cat Purrson
06-07-2023, 10:40 AM
I am using an Arc Lash Sorc. Can't wait to try some endgame builds, just wish I had more time to play!

Oh that sounds fun! I'm running a glass cannon ice sorc and it's really strong. I'll definitely need try out the arc lash build though too. So many different options :o_o:

dancingsushi
06-07-2023, 12:35 PM
I haven't started playing yet but I'd wager the rubber banding will sort itself out over the next week or two when player numbers start to decline.

Secretly happy I haven't started playing yet so I haven't had to put up with these issues [emoji1787]

if you aren't in a rush no reason to play while getting mad at bugs lol

Cinnamoroll
06-07-2023, 01:25 PM
Cat Purrson and Nattiee successfully influenced me - I started playing yesterday. I’ve never played any of the Diablo games previously! So far, I like it but man, I have a lot to learn 😅😮*💨

LibraryFaerie
06-07-2023, 03:34 PM
I just started yesterday too! My partner and I are doing couch co-op. I did play Diablo 3 so things are familiar but wooo I am still learning my way around the menu and skill tree and shops and all that other fun stuff. Only level 9 so far so lots of time to get reacquainted and find my way around! I'm playing as a Druid - working with a bear build for now. So far I am having lots of fun. The quest where you need to cheer for the training militia made me laugh, I like when dark games have random goofy stuff in it like that.

Megiddo
06-08-2023, 06:16 AM
What's the purpose of Guild's in D4? Are they just social or is their benefits/content related to them?

Nattiee
06-08-2023, 09:46 AM
I just started yesterday too! My partner and I are doing couch co-op. I did play Diablo 3 so things are familiar but wooo I am still learning my way around the menu and skill tree and shops and all that other fun stuff. Only level 9 so far so lots of time to get reacquainted and find my way around! I'm playing as a Druid - working with a bear build for now. So far I am having lots of fun. The quest where you need to cheer for the training militia made me laugh, I like when dark games have random goofy stuff in it like that.

What is couch co-op?
The emote quests get me sometime too lol the cheering one gave me a good laugh too.
I still have a lot to learn, too! The dungeons are kind of like rifts/grifts. I just got my first nightmare sigil the other day so I need to read up on how exactly it works.. and the differences between Kanai's Cube and the Occultist will take some getting used to as well.

What's the purpose of Guild's in D4? Are they just social or is their benefits/content related to them?

Diablo is so much more fun when you play with others. It's mostly social. Being able to get help with certain tough quests, getting/sharing good loot, asking questions on builds and item competency.
In D3 I used to help power level people who created new characters or was new to the game and wanted to level fast. We'd also run high level grifts that otherwise we wouldn't be able to run on our own. Higher the grift, the better the drops!

Megiddo
06-08-2023, 04:06 PM
What is couch co-op?
The emote quests get me sometime too lol the cheering one gave me a good laugh too.
I still have a lot to learn, too! The dungeons are kind of like rifts/grifts. I just got my first nightmare sigil the other day so I need to read up on how exactly it works.. and the differences between Kanai's Cube and the Occultist will take some getting used to as well.

Diablo is so much more fun when you play with others. It's mostly social. Being able to get help with certain tough quests, getting/sharing good loot, asking questions on builds and item competency.
In D3 I used to help power level people who created new characters or was new to the game and wanted to level fast. We'd also run high level grifts that otherwise we wouldn't be able to run on our own. Higher the grift, the better the drops!Thanks for the info. Just wanted to know if it was something like they did in Diablo Immortal with clans or guilds or whatever they called them in that game.

I'm probably going to pick it up on the weekend on PS5. I like how Blizzard has made The last couple of Diablo games, D4 and D2R, as cross save. I still play D2R a lot on my switch and it's great being able to take it with me and also jump on the PC and do some full group runs.

LibraryFaerie
06-09-2023, 07:19 AM
What is couch co-op?

Oh! We play together on the same system/tv instead of online (so we didn't have to buy two copies of the same game). It's not split screen, so I can get a little frustrating when one of us wants to move on and the other is still lingering but if you push hard enough the game will drag the other person along with you haha.

Map
06-10-2023, 07:39 AM
I am absolutely loving Diablo 4, it's super fun with friends and there is tons of content to do.

Is anyone else struggling with boss fights solo? I feel like as a Sorcerer with a "leveling build" I am struggling against bosses and I feel like I do no damage. Do you have builds you switch between?

Nattiee
06-11-2023, 09:48 AM
Oh! We play together on the same system/tv instead of online (so we didn't have to buy two copies of the same game). It's not split screen, so I can get a little frustrating when one of us wants to move on and the other is still lingering but if you push hard enough the game will drag the other person along with you haha.

Oh! I used to do this kinda but we'd be on different systems. We'd have 2 TVs beside each other to either play together or spend time together (1 person watching their show, the other gaming)
I feel like I'd get frustrated for sure if there was a fight happening and the other person moved so far out of range it took you with them lol

Megiddo
06-11-2023, 11:00 PM
I caved this morning and bought the game on PS5. It's currently downloading but with my crappy internet it'll take a few hours to download.

That'll give me time to research builds and whatnot.

Anybody got any recommendations or general tips before I start?

Map
06-12-2023, 07:22 PM
I caved this morning and bought the game on PS5. It's currently downloading but with my crappy internet it'll take a few hours to download.

That'll give me time to research builds and whatnot.

Anybody got any recommendations or general tips before I start?

I basically followed all of the icyveins leveling builds to the T. This let me just mindlessly not worry about builds and they have pretty good basic guides to get you started! What class are you going to start off with?

Megiddo
06-12-2023, 10:04 PM
I basically followed all of the icyveins leveling builds to the T. This let me just mindlessly not worry about builds and they have pretty good basic guides to get you started! What class are you going to start off with?

I'm thinking Druid or Necromancer because I never played them much in D2. I'm immediately drawn to Rogue because I played Demon Hunter the most in D3 and enjoyed it but I think I'm due for a change. I think I prefer the look of the Necromancer builds over the Druid ones. Summoner Necromancer just sounds better to me than Wolf Companion.

Cinnamoroll
06-12-2023, 11:22 PM
A big thank you to Cat Purrson and Nattiee for teaching me the ropes of D4 and helping me level and complete the first act! I’m a total newbie to this franchise and so far it’s been very fun to play!
I’m enjoying the necromancer role and I’ll deffo be looking into the guide on icy veins about it :korbie_blush:

Megiddo
06-13-2023, 03:31 AM
A big thank you to Cat Purrson and Nattiee for teaching me the ropes of D4 and helping me level and complete the first act! I’m a total newbie to this franchise and so far it’s been very fun to play!
I’m enjoying the necromancer role and I’ll deffo be looking into the guide on icy veins about it :korbie_blush:How's the Necro? Is it like a "Summon a whole army" Necromancer or a "Summon a few really strong guys" kind of Necromancer?

Map
06-13-2023, 06:03 AM
How's the Necro? Is it like a "Summon a whole army" Necromancer or a "Summon a few really strong guys" kind of Necromancer?

Rogue is absolutely bonkers, I play Sorcerer and my friend's rogue does so much more damage than me and clears things super fast. From what I've seen Necromancer doesn't really do much of the summoning like a d2 Summon Necromancer, I think you have up to 5 skeletons and then you unlock a Golem?

Cat Purrson
06-13-2023, 06:20 AM
How's the Necro? Is it like a "Summon a whole army" Necromancer or a "Summon a few really strong guys" kind of Necromancer?

It’s actually pretty interesting. You have 3 different “sets” of minions or skeletons and you can customize them with their own unique skill tree. You have about 4-5 melee skeletons that can be damage or defensive, then you have about 3-4 mage caster type skeletons and finally a big beefy golem guy. You can even sacrifice the ability to call the skeletons and instead, deal more damage. I really like how customizable the builds are. It gives you a chance to try out so many different combinations of abilities!

- - - Updated - - -

Rogue is absolutely bonkers, I play Sorcerer and my friend's rogue does so much more damage than me and clears things super fast. From what I've seen Necromancer doesn't really do much of the summoning like a d2 Summon Necromancer, I think you have up to 5 skeletons and then you unlock a Golem?
Nattiee plays a rogue and I play a sorcerer and together we are in unstoppable force in those dungeons hahaha

Megiddo
06-13-2023, 06:48 AM

Didn't really wanna see that Rogue is bonkers haha! That's the character I originally decided to play when I saw the classes released.

I haven't had a chance to play yet, getting prepped for my surgery tomorrow. But hopefully I'm awake enough to start grinding this time tomorrow!

Nattiee
06-13-2023, 07:08 AM
I’m enjoying the necromancer role and I’ll deffo be looking into the guide on icy veins about it :korbie_blush:

So happy you bought it and we can't wait to get you big and stronk to run dungeons with us!

Honestly I think it depends on build. Mine is decent but a tad squishy so I've been working on increasing armor and life. There was quite a bit of lag running through Helltide of all places the other day and I swear I died a thousand deaths. All my cinders :'(

It’s actually pretty interesting. You have 3 different “sets” of minions or skeletons and you can customize them with their own unique skill tree. You have about 4-5 melee skeletons that can be damage or defensive, then you have about 3-4 mage caster type skeletons and finally a big beefy golem guy. You can even sacrifice the ability to call the skeletons and instead, deal more damage. I really like how customizable the builds are. It gives you a chance to try out so many different combinations of abilities!

- - - Updated - - -

Nattiee plays a rogue and I play a sorcerer and together we are in unstoppable force in those dungeons hahaha

My ice queen. Not only are you lethal but your Devil Mommy OOTD is FIRE.

BTW if you don't have a guild yet, Cat Purrson made a cK guide you should join :)

Hawaiian
06-13-2023, 07:22 AM
Everyone knows the sorc is best class!
I'm waiting to start playing D4 with my brother in a few weeks when he's got time so I've been avoiding all spoilers.
I hope you're all having a blast :) Is there any PVP in D4?

LibraryFaerie
06-13-2023, 07:32 AM
I'm thinking Druid or Necromancer because I never played them much in D2. I'm immediately drawn to Rogue because I played Demon Hunter the most in D3 and enjoyed it but I think I'm due for a change. I think I prefer the look of the Necromancer builds over the Druid ones. Summoner Necromancer just sounds better to me than Wolf Companion.

So I'm usually drawn to Rogue characters too but have been playing as a Druid and loooving it so far. I thought I'd like playing with companions, but ended up dropping my wolves in favor of more bear/tank stats. Running headfirst into swarms with Big Beefy Bear has been very very fun.

Cat Purrson
06-13-2023, 07:45 AM
Everyone knows the sorc is best class!
I'm waiting to start playing D4 with my brother in a few weeks when he's got time so I've been avoiding all spoilers.
I hope you're all having a blast :) Is there any PVP in D4?

Yes! There are specific places on the map marked for PVP although I haven’t tried it out for myself because I’m scared lmfao.

Hawaiian
06-13-2023, 08:15 AM
Yes! There are specific places on the map marked for PVP although I haven’t tried it out for myself because I’m scared lmfao.

Sweet :) I spent way too much time when I was younger playing d2 pvp and d3 sucked after the first month imo.
You should give it a try unless you're playing hardcore? (can you pvp in hardcore?)

LibraryFaerie
06-13-2023, 08:17 AM
Oooh I didn't know Diablo had PVP. this also scares, but intrigues, me haha

Map
06-13-2023, 11:35 PM
Oooh I didn't know Diablo had PVP. this also scares, but intrigues, me haha

I haven't tried it myself either, seems to be tied to end-game content but the grind is so real right now to try and get to level 70 and go to the next difficulty for more loot!

Sadly I'm leaving for vacation soon so I won't be able to play but from what i've been doing it has been super fun participating in the nightmare dungeons!

Kon
06-13-2023, 11:47 PM
After watching multiple gameplays of D4, I might consider getting the game for myself.
Been meaning to find a game that I can somewhat brainlessly play.
I did play D3 with a few of my friends, and we played that for a good while, but after a couple of months we slowly stopped playing.

Cinnamoroll
06-13-2023, 11:58 PM
After watching multiple gameplays of D4, I might consider getting the game for myself.
I did play D3 with a few of my friends, and we played that for a good while, but after a couple of months we slowly stopped playing.

As someone who has never played Diablo before, and jumped right into D4 with no experience: do it. I think its quite fun and I am already level 25 and I have played maybe 8 hours worth so far.

Kon
06-14-2023, 12:33 AM
As someone who has never played Diablo before, and jumped right into D4 with no experience: do it. I think its quite fun and I am already level 25 and I have played maybe 8 hours worth so far.

That's how I was with D3! I enjoyed playing it with my friends when we all started together.
The only issue is that even after a few of my friends bought it and already started playing, I don't think they're actively playing anymore.
I know I shouldn't rely entirely on my friends on whether or not to buy a game, but since there is co-op available, it would be nice to play with friends once in while rather than just playing solo.
Another thing that might be holding me back from buying the game, is the fact that I barely have time to play games in general now. My work schedule is usually 11-8, so I pretty much wake up, get ready for work, spend the entire day at work, and then go home just to get ready for bed. ;-;

LibraryFaerie
06-14-2023, 07:34 AM

I think this is one of my favorite parts. The stat and weapon leveling can take some critical thinking and planning. But also, you can just hack and slash. I've been trying out Fortnite with no build mode, but sometimes I just want to button mash

Megiddo
06-14-2023, 05:52 PM
I decided to play around with a few classes last night. It was my first real chance to play. I created a Rogue first, got him to the first town then made a Necro. Really enjoyed the Necro and the bit of extra life sustain and extra AoE through Corpse Explosion it was very fun mowing down entire groups very quickly.

I then made a Sorc and got him up to about level 7. The damage seems insane but felt a bit squishy early on. Seemed like I was chugging a lot of health pots.

I'm planning on taking each class up to level 10 and then making my decision on what to focus on first. Early indicators say Necro, I had a lot of fun with that.

John Cena
06-17-2023, 08:01 AM

Anyone else adjust the settings ~appropriately~?
(I'm a chicken shit)

Cinnamoroll
06-17-2023, 08:57 AM

(I'm a chicken shit)

Hahaha nothing is very scary, I just like being able to see if I’m playing in the daylight 😂

Megiddo
06-17-2023, 06:05 PM

(I'm a chicken shit)I'm like that in every game! I pump the brightness right up in the hopes of giving my old eyes a bit of an easier time.

I play mostly on PS5 and on a big 75inch TV from about 4m away so I need brightness right up to be able to see everything anyway.

John Cena
06-18-2023, 06:29 AM
I decided to play around with a few classes last night. It was my first real chance to play. I created a Rogue first, got him to the first town then made a Necro. Really enjoyed the Necro and the bit of extra life sustain and extra AoE through Corpse Explosion it was very fun mowing down entire groups very quickly.

I then made a Sorc and got him up to about level 7. The damage seems insane but felt a bit squishy early on. Seemed like I was chugging a lot of health pots.

I'm planning on taking each class up to level 10 and then making my decision on what to focus on first. Early indicators say Necro, I had a lot of fun with that.

This is such a good idea, I just started yesterday and chose Druid because I liked the idea of having the wolf followers. I might make another profile and try Necro, I was torn between the two but it sounds fun based on what you mentioned o:

Megiddo
06-18-2023, 07:05 AM
This is such a good idea, I just started yesterday and chose Druid because I liked the idea of having the wolf followers. I might make another profile and try Necro, I was torn between the two but it sounds fun based on what you mentioned o:You can have up to 10 characters on a single profile so you can load up on a few to try out.

I'm up to level 36 now, the damage of Corpse Explosion has dropped off a little bit but Bone Spear is still destroying stuff.

It's also fun to describe the playstyle when talking to my friends. Throwing boners and blowing corpses.

Nattiee
06-18-2023, 11:06 AM
Hawaiian - sorry if you've already read up on it but there are certain areas on the map where you can go for PvP. You have to then "mark yourself for blood" which means you can fight others. When you win and become a champion of hatred, your location is then disclosed on a map for other PvP people to see and come slay. I havent tried it yet but I have a couple friends who have and have mentioned that it's best to PvP in a party because people swarm you.

You also get shards for winning/performing rituals which you can redeem for loot but if you die, you lose all your shards.

I solo'd the Butcher today! Granted, I had an artillery shrine which got me 3/4 of the way there before chaos ensued BUT I STILL DID IT. It counts.

Has anyone finished the campaign? What did you think?

Megiddo
06-18-2023, 10:51 PM
Hawaiian - sorry if you've already read up on it but there are certain areas on the map where you can go for PvP. You have to then "mark yourself for blood" which means you can fight others. When you win and become a champion of hatred, your location is then disclosed on a map for other PvP people to see and come slay. I havent tried it yet but I have a couple friends who have and have mentioned that it's best to PvP in a party because people swarm you.

You also get shards for winning/performing rituals which you can redeem for loot but if you die, you lose all your shards.

I solo'd the Butcher today! Granted, I had an artillery shrine which got me 3/4 of the way there before chaos ensued BUT I STILL DID IT. It counts.

Has anyone finished the campaign? What did you think?I think I'm getting fairly close to finishing. I've been doing a lot of exploring, side quests and trying out other classes along the way so it's taking me a while to get it done.

I'm enjoying the story so far. One thing that has irked me a bit is how basic the player characters are. They don't seem to have much in the way of characterisation in the cutscenes and feel very one dimensional. I'm playing a Necro and during a quest where we were taking down some undead my character was talking about how it was unnatural or something along those lines. I'm like, bruh, you're literally walking around with reanimated corpses as pals.

Map
06-18-2023, 11:20 PM

Has anyone finished the campaign? What did you think?

Finished the campaign and there was part of the story where I was like why did that even happen. To prevent spoilers I just felt like I did a lot of work and then the story writing randomly killed the build up? Lol but overall it was a fun story and now I’m enjoying the end game content with friends! Nightmare dungeons, world boss, etc. sadly now I’m not at home anymore but can’t wait to continue the grind :)

What content are you focusing on?

Megiddo
06-20-2023, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=Map;1372123I just felt like I did a lot of work and then the story writing randomly killed the build up? [/QUOTE]

I feel like Blizzard do this a lot in their games to try and maintain some semblance of continuity in the story. The player character does all the killing and fighting but then right at the last minute a NPC comes along and deals the finishing blow and gets all the credit for killing the big bad guy. They tend to do it a lot in WoW, which kinda makes sense because they have such a wide range of classes and possible characters that could actually change the story so they do it that way to make sure there is a consistent plot. It does get annoying though, because it leaves you feeling exactly as you described. Wondering what the whole point was.
feel like Blizzard do this a lot in their games to try and maintain some semblance of continuity in the story. The player character does all the killing and fighting but then right at the last minute a NPC comes along and deals the finishing blow and gets all the credit for killing the big bad guy. They tend to do it a lot in WoW, which kinda makes sense because they have such a wide range of classes and possible characters that could actually change the story so they do it that way to make sure there is a consistent plot. It does get annoying though, because it leaves you feeling exactly as you described. Wondering what the whole point was.

Nattiee
06-20-2023, 08:42 PM
Finished the campaign and there was part of the story where I was like why did that even happen. To prevent spoilers I just felt like I did a lot of work and then the story writing randomly killed the build up? Lol but overall it was a fun story and now I’m enjoying the end game content with friends! Nightmare dungeons, world boss, etc. sadly now I’m not at home anymore but can’t wait to continue the grind :)

What content are you focusing on?

I feel you. I'm actually curious if they'll make D5 a continuation based on some of the commentary throughout the campaign.. and more so if it's going to be focused on the one Prime Evil we're all thinking about or one of the other 7 heads of Tathamet.

Right now my main focus is working my way through the map. Doing a combo of dungeons and side quests depending on my mood.
HOWEVER I've started some nightmare dungeons and I mayyyyyyy shift my focus... we will see if the wind turns the sails. What are you focusing on?

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm getting fairly close to finishing. I've been doing a lot of exploring, side quests and trying out other classes along the way so it's taking me a while to get it done.

I'm enjoying the story so far. One thing that has irked me a bit is how basic the player characters are. They don't seem to have much in the way of characterisation in the cutscenes and feel very one dimensional. I'm playing a Necro and during a quest where we were taking down some undead my character was talking about how it was unnatural or something along those lines. I'm like, bruh, you're literally walking around with reanimated corpses as pals.

If you arent already tracking your side quests, I highly encourage using something like Map Genie. Some quests drop from items, and some have prerequisite quests you need to do in order to be eligible to start them. That was one of my hang ups during Beta when I was trying to get all the side-ies.
How are you liking the Necro? I have a couple friends (including our babe Cinnamoroll) who chose the Necro and love it. They can get super strong earlier on if you choose their skills/paragons properly.

One thing I'm still getting used to right now actually is the fact that when you re-roll stats you cant see what the potential options are like you could in D3. I'm not sure if it's because they're all in the same pool now or not.

Cat Purrson
06-20-2023, 08:59 PM
Huge thank you to Nattiee for recommending map genie to help me track my side quests and other objectives!!! Check it out if you are a completionist freak like me!!!

Megiddo
06-21-2023, 01:34 AM
I feel you. I'm actually curious if they'll make D5 a continuation based on some of the commentary throughout the campaign.. and more so if it's going to be focused on the one Prime Evil we're all thinking about or one of the other 7 heads of Tathamet.

Right now my main focus is working my way through the map. Doing a combo of dungeons and side quests depending on my mood.
HOWEVER I've started some nightmare dungeons and I mayyyyyyy shift my focus... we will see if the wind turns the sails. What are you focusing on?

- - - Updated - - -

If you arent already tracking your side quests, I highly encourage using something like Map Genie. Some quests drop from items, and some have prerequisite quests you need to do in order to be eligible to start them. That was one of my hang ups during Beta when I was trying to get all the side-ies.
How are you liking the Necro? I have a couple friends (including our babe Cinnamoroll) who chose the Necro and love it. They can get super strong earlier on if you choose their skills/paragons properly.

One thing I'm still getting used to right now actually is the fact that when you re-roll stats you cant see what the potential options are like you could in D3. I'm not sure if it's because they're all in the same pool now or not.Is Map Genie an add on or like a tracking tool that let's you enter what you've completed? I'm playing on PS5 so if it's an add on I'm out of luck :(

I'm enjoying the Necro. There's only been one spot at level 39 where for some reason I felt really super squishy and went on a gear upgrading spree, upgraded all my gear and then started destroying things again.

Haven't farmed any gear at all or done anything apart from upgrading my gear that one time and its been a fairly smooth levelling process. I am following a levelling guide on Icy Veins for Bonespear so I've got a pretty decent build. It can get clunky at times when you run out of essence to cast Bonespear and there's no corpses on the ground to explode to get essence back but usually its just a clean cycle between bonespear and Corpse Explosion. I would like Corpse Explosion to deal more damage but i think the whole build would be busted if it did.

It's not the fastest build though when compared to the speedy Bois of Rogue and Sorc with their movement skills but it's not bad.

Nattiee
06-21-2023, 07:20 AM
Is Map Genie an add on or like a tracking tool that let's you enter what you've completed? I'm playing on PS5 so if it's an add on I'm out of luck :(

I'm enjoying the Necro. There's only been one spot at level 39 where for some reason I felt really super squishy and went on a gear upgrading spree, upgraded all my gear and then started destroying things again.

Haven't farmed any gear at all or done anything apart from upgrading my gear that one time and its been a fairly smooth levelling process. I am following a levelling guide on Icy Veins for Bonespear so I've got a pretty decent build. It can get clunky at times when you run out of essence to cast Bonespear and there's no corpses on the ground to explode to get essence back but usually its just a clean cycle between bonespear and Corpse Explosion. I would like Corpse Explosion to deal more damage but i think the whole build would be busted if it did.

It's not the fastest build though when compared to the speedy Bois of Rogue and Sorc with their movement skills but it's not bad.

No no, it's a separate website so if you have a laptop/tablet you can just keep beside you for when you find the quests. How are you finding playing it on console? I'm on PC and hearing some of my console playing friends talk about how they play makes me feel like I'd never survive lol but of course, I'm used to playing Diablo on the PC so maybe I'm just iffy about the :star: change :star: lol

I think I'm still following a semi-custom build myself that probably isnt as strong as it could be. I'll need to hope on Icy Veins and take a look at what I did wrong. I probably smashed 2 builds together lol. I also feel like Corpse Explosion does a lot of damage already, no? What type of resource does it take? I'm sure you could get armor with extra buffs to increase the damage based on attack type or resource type?

Megiddo
06-22-2023, 06:53 PM
No no, it's a separate website so if you have a laptop/tablet you can just keep beside you for when you find the quests. How are you finding playing it on console? I'm on PC and hearing some of my console playing friends talk about how they play makes me feel like I'd never survive lol but of course, I'm used to playing Diablo on the PC so maybe I'm just iffy about the :star: change :star: lol

I think I'm still following a semi-custom build myself that probably isnt as strong as it could be. I'll need to hope on Icy Veins and take a look at what I did wrong. I probably smashed 2 builds together lol. I also feel like Corpse Explosion does a lot of damage already, no? What type of resource does it take? I'm sure you could get armor with extra buffs to increase the damage based on attack type or resource type?I'll definitely be getting on to map genie! Thanks for the info!

Corpse Explosion doesn't use any resource it builds up essence for every Corpse you explode and then you dump essence using bonespear. It's good damage in packs but definitely falls off in single target because you're not getting a tonne of corpses dropping constantly.

I'm assuming that will change once I actually start getting in to looking at aspects and different effects and whatnot though.

I finished the campaign last night. Not sure how I felt about the last 30mins of the story. It seemed a bit rushed and a very abrupt end. Add in the random moment after one of the boss fights with the random pillar scene which left a sour taste in my mouth. Like really, we just killed a massive bad ass dude and then that happens right after during a nothing moment. I feel they could have done that much, much better.

Nattiee
06-22-2023, 11:18 PM
I'll definitely be getting on to map genie! Thanks for the info!

Corpse Explosion doesn't use any resource it builds up essence for every Corpse you explode and then you dump essence using bonespear. It's good damage in packs but definitely falls off in single target because you're not getting a tonne of corpses dropping constantly.

I'm assuming that will change once I actually start getting in to looking at aspects and different effects and whatnot though.

I finished the campaign last night. Not sure how I felt about the last 30mins of the story. It seemed a bit rushed and a very abrupt end. Add in the random moment after one of the boss fights with the random pillar scene which left a sour taste in my mouth. Like really, we just killed a massive bad ass dude and then that happens right after during a nothing moment. I feel they could have done that much, much better.

I feel you on the ending. I almost wonder if they did that on purpose as a cliffhanger maybe?

Cat Purrson
06-23-2023, 10:26 PM
Anyone else experiencing an issue with joining nightmare dungeons with a party? been trying to but anytime I join and then a teammate joins after, it kicks me out. It won't allow us to be int the dungeon together at he same time.

Nattiee
06-25-2023, 09:50 PM
I wonder if there's a secret timer and if you don't at least start the dungeon by a certain time, it'll glitch?
Not sure, though because other times we've opened one, done a legion event and came back and started the dungeon and nothing happened.

Cinnamoroll
06-25-2023, 10:39 PM
If they did enact some kind of secret timer, then that would be so silly. But I mean, this is a Blizzard game.

Nattiee
06-30-2023, 08:33 AM
I honestly think it's just a glitch and I'm sure it'll be resolved in a couple patch releases.

Speaking of patches, here are the notes ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) from their June 27th one.

I'm still over here patiently waiting for Blizzard to prioritize bringing back pets to collect my gold for me.. and let us trade horsie skins already or at least put in some logic to make it so that once you collect a mount/trophy/saddle it removes itself from the circulation.

Misha
07-02-2023, 09:28 PM
I'm supposed to have access to the game as I was an Activision employee and got the game for free when it was in Beta (which was fun and kind of funny with the placeholder VOs) but I no longer have access to it on my xbox. Kinda salty about it but I may have been taken off of the "free Blizz/Activision games" list when I resigned :(

FutileFreedom
07-06-2023, 12:25 PM
I'm supposed to have access to the game as I was an Activision employee and got the game for free when it was in Beta (which was fun and kind of funny with the placeholder VOs) but I no longer have access to it on my xbox. Kinda salty about it but I may have been taken off of the "free Blizz/Activision games" list when I resigned :(

That would seem most logical conclusion.

Another QoL update planned and a live stream for today announcing season 1 though. We'll see if maybe they'll fix the whole "LOL you need 4 defense skills" for sorcs

Nattiee
07-21-2023, 12:44 PM
Season 1 started yesterday - Anyone start their characters yet? What do you think?

Cat Purrson
07-21-2023, 01:18 PM
I made another sorcerer because I love them so much but probably won't dive into the new season too much until after my honeymoon! I may also try out a rogue at some point!

Nattiee
07-23-2023, 12:05 AM
I made another sorcerer because I love them so much but probably won't dive into the new season too much until after my honeymoon! I may also try out a rogue at some point!

10/10 would recco the Rogue.
I'm working on a Sorc right now but I'm not in love. Trying to give'er a chance though.. but I do miss my Rogue.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

Cinnamoroll
07-23-2023, 12:59 AM
10/10 would recco the Rogue.
I'm working on a Sorc right now but I'm not in love. Trying to give'er a chance though.. but I do miss my Rogue.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

I’m considering trying out Rogue but… I kinda wanna try Sorcerer??? But also Barbarian? I DUNNO I CANNOT CHOOSE. DECISIONS ARE VERY HARD FOR ME, YANNO!?!?!?

Nattiee
07-23-2023, 09:59 AM
I’m considering trying out Rogue but… I kinda wanna try Sorcerer??? But also Barbarian? I DUNNO I CANNOT CHOOSE. DECISIONS ARE VERY HARD FOR ME, YANNO!?!?!?
Try Barb! I made one on Eternal but didn't end up playing it. Maybe next season!

I'm still getting used to the way the season works. Kinda the same as D3 but mixed with battle pass stuff? I also noticed some of the chapters have PvP challenges to complete hnngh

Cinnamoroll
07-23-2023, 01:33 PM
Try Barb! I made one on Eternal but didn't end up playing it. Maybe next season!

I'm still getting used to the way the season works. Kinda the same as D3 but mixed with battle pass stuff? I also noticed some of the chapters have PvP challenges to complete hnngh

I’ll be honest I don’t even understand what the season is about because I haven’t played yet 🙈

Evelynn
07-24-2023, 11:55 PM
I played Diablo 4 a few times, but I was suffering from such insane lag and stuttering that the game was practically unplayable for me. My specs are fine, but I don't know if it's because I only have 16GB RAM or if it's the Blizzard servers. For now, it's going to rest on my Bnet until I can download more RAM or the hype dies down a bit.

xuvux
07-25-2023, 12:17 AM
I believe the devs have said that there are memory leakage issues that they're looking into. IIRC, they don't expect to implement the fixes until Season 2 :(

Cinnamoroll
07-25-2023, 12:46 AM
I played Diablo 4 a few times, but I was suffering from such insane lag and stuttering that the game was practically unplayable for me. My specs are fine, but I don't know if it's because I only have 16GB RAM or if it's the Blizzard servers. For now, it's going to rest on my Bnet until I can download more RAM or the hype dies down a bit.

I’ve seen played purely on my PS5 and haven’t had issues with stuttering or lag. And playing on console I was 100% expecting to have some lag but alas.

If your CPU and GPU are more than capable, could it simply just be your internet connection? I think Nattiee has dealt with some lag though previously?

Evelynn
07-26-2023, 12:37 AM
I’ve seen played purely on my PS5 and haven’t had issues with stuttering or lag. And playing on console I was 100% expecting to have some lag but alas.

If your CPU and GPU are more than capable, could it simply just be your internet connection? I think Nattiee has dealt with some lag though previously?

I don't think it's my internet connection. To be fair, I am Australian, but I also know a lot of people have been mentioning that the lag is pretty terrible all around, even for people with better internet and higher end PCs. One of the biggest problems I think is that I only have the 16GB of RAM. For instance, higher graphics options seem to be locked to 32GB. Which I don't really care for, I'm playing on the absolute lowest settings.

I play more intensive games without problem, so I feel like it's the servers/RAM. Now that I've bought the game, it isn't going anywhere though, so I can simply enjoy it later on and it's really no issue for now. Just a little disappointing.

Nattiee
07-26-2023, 05:36 PM
Mine is/was my internet connection but when the game first came out their servers couldn't handle the traffic. It's a lot better now I think.

starsandmoon
07-31-2023, 11:10 AM
Just hit 60 on my rogue, really enjoying playing her! Feel so much faster and stronger than my druid.

Majority of my friends have lost interest in the game, hope the new patch helps pull some people back in 🤞

Cinnamoroll
08-01-2023, 08:58 PM
Mine is/was my internet connection but when the game first came out their servers couldn't handle the traffic. It's a lot better now I think.

It definitely is. I find it’s still quite active
starsandmoon have you been playing the new season yet? I made a sorceress and she’s currently at level 48. My eternal character was only level 58. At this rate my seasonal will surpass my eternal :o_o:

Strategery
08-01-2023, 10:23 PM
Just hit 60 on my rogue, really enjoying playing her! Feel so much faster and stronger than my druid.

Majority of my friends have lost interest in the game, hope the new patch helps pull some people back in 🤞

So many people I know stopped playing once they brought the massive nerfs out pre-season, myself included. Encouraged by some of the patch notes coming for August 8th to check out Season 1!

Cinnamoroll
08-01-2023, 10:28 PM
So many people I know stopped playing once they brought the massive nerfs out pre-season, myself included. Encouraged by some of the patch notes coming for August 8th to check out Season 1!

Wait what did they nerf? Clearly I’m still new to this world 😅

Strategery
08-01-2023, 11:16 PM
There was a ton that got hit with the Season 1 patch, but most prominently a 40% reduction to Vulnerable damage along with nerfs to Critical Strike Damage and Cooldown Reduction. Not as noticeable until you reach endgame content but really limited damage numbers at level 70+. Last weeks patch and next weeks patch should do a lot to bring everything back in line!

Cinnamoroll
08-02-2023, 12:05 AM
There was a ton that got hit with the Season 1 patch, but most prominently a 40% reduction to Vulnerable damage along with nerfs to Critical Strike Damage and Cooldown Reduction. Not as noticeable until you reach endgame content but really limited damage numbers at level 70+. Last weeks patch and next weeks patch should do a lot to bring everything back in line!

No wonder I didn’t notice. I haven’t reached above level 60 yet, let alone 70 😂😅🫡

starsandmoon
08-02-2023, 06:19 AM
It definitely is. I find it’s still quite active
starsandmoon have you been playing the new season yet? I made a sorceress and she’s currently at level 48. My eternal character was only level 58. At this rate my seasonal will surpass my eternal :o_o:

Yeah! My eternal druid was level 72, and I've been playing the season almost every day! I'm still enjoying it, not as much as I could as I mentioned before my friends have been put off by the nerfs. I really hope they come back on soon! How are you finding sorcerer?

Here is hoping! I am still enjoying playing. But I more just 'switch off' and put an episode of Critical Role on my other screen whilst farming through dungeons and helltides 😋

Cinnamoroll
08-02-2023, 04:32 PM
Yeah! My eternal druid was level 72, and I've been playing the season almost every day! I'm still enjoying it, not as much as I could as I mentioned before my friends have been put off by the nerfs. I really hope they come back on soon! How are you finding sorcerer?

Here is hoping! I am still enjoying playing. But I more just 'switch off' and put an episode of Critical Role on my other screen whilst farming through dungeons and helltides 😋

I really enjoy sorcerer! My eternal character is a necromancer so I appreciate the changes I have with a sorceress! She can move so much faster LOL

starsandmoon
08-09-2023, 12:46 AM
I really enjoy sorcerer! My eternal character is a necromancer so I appreciate the changes I have with a sorceress! She can move so much faster LOL

Hahaha, when moving from Druid to Rogue the movement speed difference was crazy. My rogue is zooming, my druid will be with you in 3-5 business days 🤣

Nattiee
08-19-2023, 05:50 PM
I've been neglecting season 1 ;(

Did anyone buy the pass? What tier are you on? Are you enjoying the rewards?

starsandmoon
08-21-2023, 03:15 AM
I've been neglecting season 1 ;(

Did anyone buy the pass? What tier are you on? Are you enjoying the rewards?

I've completed the pass! Rewards are pretty meh, the best thing IMO are the Smoldering Ashes which I've used so far on boosting XP and boosting duration of elixirs. Just hit level 81 so will get my next ash at 82.

I'm on the last tier of the season journey, 2/8 objectives completed. It'll take a while for me to complete though, I don't particularly want to do PVP and I'm nowhere near killing the Echo of Lilith.

If anyone has lost interest in the game, I'd recommend getting the Caged Heart of the Barber and add it to your jewelry. Makes gameplay really really fun and you feel super strong. It makes enemies absorb damage for 2-4 seconds, then they explode dealing 10%+ more damage. You can just run through and pop everything, makes running NM dungeons much more fun and makes the game feel a lot more fast paced.

Nattiee
08-22-2023, 03:21 PM
I've completed the pass! Rewards are pretty meh, the best thing IMO are the Smoldering Ashes which I've used so far on boosting XP and boosting duration of elixirs. Just hit level 81 so will get my next ash at 82.

I'm on the last tier of the season journey, 2/8 objectives completed. It'll take a while for me to complete though, I don't particularly want to do PVP and I'm nowhere near killing the Echo of Lilith.

If anyone has lost interest in the game, I'd recommend getting the Caged Heart of the Barber and add it to your jewelry. Makes gameplay really really fun and you feel super strong. It makes enemies absorb damage for 2-4 seconds, then they explode dealing 10%+ more damage. You can just run through and pop everything, makes running NM dungeons much more fun and makes the game feel a lot more fast paced.

Congrats on completing the pass!
I feel you on the PvP. I wonder if there's a way to cheat by being carried by someone who is good/powerful lol. I'll have to look at the challenges again.

starsandmoon
09-04-2023, 05:52 AM
Just hit 100 on my season one Rogue! Can finally play other games now 🤣

Nattiee
09-04-2023, 05:08 PM
Ahh so envious! I'm struggling to stay interested.. I have a long ways to go sitting at 58 currently.

Cinnamoroll - How's your progress been?

Cinnamoroll
09-04-2023, 07:36 PM
Ahh so envious! I'm struggling to stay interested.. I have a long ways to go sitting at 58 currently.

Cinnamoroll - How's your progress been?

I’ve slacked and haven’t played much. My sorceress is only at level 50 😢

Nattiee
09-07-2023, 06:41 PM
Hey fellow Dibabblians! If you have Amazon Prime, you can get the Vermilion Weapon bundle from now until October 12th. You'll have to log into your account on the Amazon Gaming site. Should be there right on the home screen :)

Tagging people who said they've been playing! I think I got all of you :)
Map
Tater
Hollow
Iwallet Cat Purrson Cinnamoroll
Maia
lore dancingsushi feign
LibraryFaerie
John Cena Evelynn
starsandmoon
Strategery

Cinnamoroll
09-07-2023, 07:07 PM
Hey fellow Dibabblians! If you have Amazon Prime, you can get the Vermilion Weapon bundle from now until October 12th. You'll have to log into your account on the Amazon Gaming site. Should be there right on the home screen :)

Map
Tater
Hollow
Maia
lore dancingsushi feign
LibraryFaerie
John Cena Evelynn
starsandmoon
Strategery

Ahhhhh big thank!!! I will check this out later

Hollow
09-08-2023, 01:54 PM

Map
Tater
Hollow
Maia
lore dancingsushi feign
LibraryFaerie
John Cena Evelynn
starsandmoon
Strategery

Omg! Is this for D3 or D4? :0 Thanks for the tag, I'll be claiming this!

starsandmoon
09-08-2023, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the tag! Absolutely love 'Dibabblians' hahahaha

Nattiee
09-08-2023, 08:40 PM
Omg! Is this for D3 or D4? :0 Thanks for the tag, I'll be claiming this!

D4 :)
I don't remember them ever doing anything for D3 but to be honest I didn't realize Amazon gaming and Twitch ever had giveaways/drops so that's likely on me.
Have you been playing D3 since 4 came out?

Hollow
09-09-2023, 08:37 AM
D4 :)
I don't remember them ever doing anything for D3 but to be honest I didn't realize Amazon gaming and Twitch ever had giveaways/drops so that's likely on me.
Have you been playing D3 since 4 came out?

Awesome!

Yes! D3 is about to get season 29 soon! Out of all the Diablo games I've played, D3 is my personal favourite :)

starsandmoon
10-17-2023, 05:22 AM
Anyone going to be playing S2? I'm looking forward to it. Think I'm going to play a sorc :)

Nattiee
10-17-2023, 07:22 PM
Anyone going to be playing S2? I'm looking forward to it. Think I'm going to play a sorc :)
I enjoyed Sorc but prefer rogue so far. I didn't finish this season :( I'm going to try to make more time for S2. Maybe try out the Druid this time?

Bunnii
10-17-2023, 08:50 PM
I'm really thinking about playing S2, I hope that the changes that were put in make it feel a lot better than launch. The RNG really got to me lol

starsandmoon
10-18-2023, 02:44 AM
I enjoyed Sorc but prefer rogue so far. I didn't finish this season :( I'm going to try to make more time for S2. Maybe try out the Druid this time?

Druids are absolutely cracked, you'll have a great time with them! My rogue on S1 was amazing, twisting blades is where it's at!

My S2 sorc is level 30, been playing a lot last night when the season was released. Really enjoying playing. Lot of QoL changes, the horse is super fast now, you zoom across the map in 30 seconds!

Hope the season brings a lot more people back, it's not perfect, but it's getting there :)

Nattiee
10-18-2023, 03:19 PM
Druids are absolutely cracked, you'll have a great time with them! My rogue on S1 was amazing, twisting blades is where it's at!

My S2 sorc is level 30, been playing a lot last night when the season was released. Really enjoying playing. Lot of QoL changes, the horse is super fast now, you zoom across the map in 30 seconds!

Hope the season brings a lot more people back, it's not perfect, but it's getting there :)

Wait S2 started already?! They didn't have like a rest period ??

Cinnamoroll
10-18-2023, 03:25 PM
Wait S2 started already?! They didn't have like a rest period ??

Wait... season 1 ended LITERALLY yesterday!?!?!? How has season 2 started???

Edit: yep, it sure has. Wtf [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Effektivv
10-18-2023, 03:28 PM
Everyone quit already and moved over to path of exile, global chat has been flooded with new players coming from D4 lol.

starsandmoon
10-19-2023, 06:54 AM
It was meant to come out at 6pm (my local time) on Tuesday, but was delayed until 9pm. That was all the rest time we got 🤣

Hollow
10-19-2023, 07:09 AM
What class is everyone playing as this season? I'm going with the twisting blades build for the rogue :D

starsandmoon
10-22-2023, 02:10 AM
I've gone Ball Lightning Sorc. So powerful!

I did TB Rogue last season and absolutely loved it!

Cinnamoroll
10-22-2023, 10:31 PM
I've gone Ball Lightning Sorc. So powerful!

I did TB Rogue last season and absolutely loved it!

Yesssss ball lightning spec is sooooo powerful!!! Excellent choice. I had that build for S1 and I absolutely loved it. I wanna do it again but also should probably branch out to Barbarian or rogue. I’ve only done necro and sorc thus far.

starsandmoon
02-05-2024, 04:13 AM
Anyone still playing? The new season has introduced a pet which can buff you in many ways. They've also introduced the 'Vaults', which are fun dungeons to play. Filled with traps (which are easy enough to dodge), and quite linear design so you're barely going back on yourself. They also have a bit of a loot explosion at the end which is nice.

I'm playing a barbarian for the first time! Really fun character to play.

I have to say though, I'm definitely not having as much fun this season as I have with previous ones. I'm level 86, but just can't seem to find the drive to keep going to L100.

Nattiee
02-06-2024, 08:39 PM
Anyone still playing? The new season has introduced a pet which can buff you in many ways. They've also introduced the 'Vaults', which are fun dungeons to play. Filled with traps (which are easy enough to dodge), and quite linear design so you're barely going back on yourself. They also have a bit of a loot explosion at the end which is nice.

I'm playing a barbarian for the first time! Really fun character to play.

I have to say though, I'm definitely not having as much fun this season as I have with previous ones. I'm level 86, but just can't seem to find the drive to keep going to L100.

I havent started this season and I'm not sure if I'll make the time to.. but I'm curious about what you've mentioned. Is the vault loot worth it? I found I avoided gobbies in previous seasons because their drops weren't worth the hassle. Do the pets collect gold or does it help you fight? Did leveling get easier too or would you say it's on par with S2?

starsandmoon
02-07-2024, 03:56 AM
I havent started this season and I'm not sure if I'll make the time to.. but I'm curious about what you've mentioned. Is the vault loot worth it? I found I avoided gobbies in previous seasons because their drops weren't worth the hassle. Do the pets collect gold or does it help you fight? Did leveling get easier too or would you say it's on par with S2?

The vault loot is pretty good! So essentially, you enter a vault and you click on a shrine that give you "Pearls of Warding". These pearls will protect you from the traps throughout the vaults. However many pearls you have left at the end of the vault = how many chests you can open at the end.

Don't get me wrong, the itemisation in the game is still super annoying (but hopefully fixed next season - not holding my breath though). But at least having a consistent way of dropping multiple legendaries and sacreds through the vaults is a good way to upgrade your gear.

The pet doesn't help you collect gold, but it does help you fight. It can't die, but it can be staggered. It definitely boosts your character a lot. You get different 'tuning stones' which you can equip your pet with to boost your character in different ways. For example, my pet has a tuning stone in that ensures my barb never looses fury. It can also tank hits from mobs, and (slowly) kill mobs for you.

Levelling is on par with S2. They've just released an event called the "Lunar Awakening". This event enhances the shrines found across the game, and when you have a shrine buff you get double XP. More about that here - [Only registered and activated users can see links]

All in all - I'd say S2 was a lot more fun with the Vampiric powers. But I'm still playing and having a good time. If you're on the fence, I'd just wait until S4 for when they're overhauling itemisation.

Nattiee
02-07-2024, 10:22 PM
The vault loot is pretty good! So essentially, you enter a vault and you click on a shrine that give you "Pearls of Warding". These pearls will protect you from the traps throughout the vaults. However many pearls you have left at the end of the vault = how many chests you can open at the end.

Don't get me wrong, the itemisation in the game is still super annoying (but hopefully fixed next season - not holding my breath though). But at least having a consistent way of dropping multiple legendaries and sacreds through the vaults is a good way to upgrade your gear.

The pet doesn't help you collect gold, but it does help you fight. It can't die, but it can be staggered. It definitely boosts your character a lot. You get different 'tuning stones' which you can equip your pet with to boost your character in different ways. For example, my pet has a tuning stone in that ensures my barb never looses fury. It can also tank hits from mobs, and (slowly) kill mobs for you.

Levelling is on par with S2. They've just released an event called the "Lunar Awakening". This event enhances the shrines found across the game, and when you have a shrine buff you get double XP. More about that here - [Only registered and activated users can see links]

All in all - I'd say S2 was a lot more fun with the Vampiric powers. But I'm still playing and having a good time. If you're on the fence, I'd just wait until S4 for when they're overhauling itemisation.

That's fair. Which class has been your most favourite gameplay so far? I think for me it's a toss up between Rogue and Druid

starsandmoon
02-08-2024, 02:21 AM
That's fair. Which class has been your most favourite gameplay so far? I think for me it's a toss up between Rogue and Druid

Oooh that's a hard one. I loved playing Twisting Blades Rogue, but it absolutely killed my wrist haha. Ball Lightning Sorc was really fun last season, and HoTA Barb is great fun this season. I didn't particularly enjoy Druid, but that definitely comes down to me not playing the class correctly in Season 0 when I was new to the game :p I'll have to give Druid another go! I've not played Necro yet.

I think my favourite class so far is definitely 50/50 towards Rogue and Sorc.

When my barb is 100, I think I'm going to level a rogue as the Penetrating Shot build looks insane this season!

starsandmoon
03-20-2024, 11:39 AM
Diablo 4 Campfire Chat in an hour or so. They'll be discussing Season 4, and they have done a complete overhaul of the itemisation apparently.

Looking forward to seeing what changes they have made.

If anyone has an ARPG hole in their heart and wants to get stuck into another game, I would highly recommend Last Epoch. Same genre as Diablo, and just a beautifully executed game that you can sink many hours into!