PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Bank leaves the 3DS E-shop on March 27th

Alister
02-28-2023, 04:53 PM
Hey, I wanted to pass along the warning a friend just sent me. Nintendo is closing its 3DS e-shop effective March 27th. The ability to download Pokemon Bank and move your 3DS Pokemon to Pokemon Home and the Switch games goes away with it.

If you have Pokémon in your 3DS games that you want to move to the Switch platform games, download the Pokemon Bank app from the e-shop before March 27th.

More details can be found on this page ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and instructions on how move Pokémon from the 3DS games to the Switch games via Pokémon Home can be found here ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Supposedly you'll be able to still use Pokémon Bank after the e-shop closes but I will probably be super obsessive and move all my Pokémon forward to Home even before then, just in case. I will ugly cry if I lose my collection of farmed Safari shinies.

Ariealle
02-28-2023, 05:14 PM
Hey, I wanted to pass along the warning a friend just sent me. Nintendo is closing its 3DS e-shop effective March 27th. The ability to download Pokemon Bank and move your 3DS Pokemon to Pokemon Home and the Switch games goes away with it.

If you have Pokémon in your 3DS games that you want to move to the Switch platform games, download the Pokemon Bank app from the e-shop before March 27th.

More details can be found on this page ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and instructions on how move Pokémon from the 3DS games to the Switch games via Pokémon Home can be found here ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Supposedly you'll be able to still use Pokémon Bank after the e-shop closes but I will probably be super obsessive and move all my Pokémon forward to Home even before then, just in case. I will ugly cry if I lose my collection of farmed Safari shinies.

thank you very much for this info. knowing me, I'm gonna forget but it'll be nice at least to charge my 3DS to try to remember to do it lol. I did hear as well you'll still be able to access it and stuff, but I'm like you. need those babies safe somewhere reliable.

Synth Salazzle
02-28-2023, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the reminder, I got a new 3ds that needs it.

- - - Updated - - -

I also want to take this moment to tell you. That even if bank goes down forever. There's homebrew applicationst hat work the same way so you'll be fine down the line.

Maybe I'll make a guide on how to homebrew your 3DS after the shop goes down one day. Who knows.

Buizel
02-28-2023, 06:28 PM
Thank you for the reminder! :) I think I have a few Buizels sitting in my bank that I need to collect lol.

Always sad to see the 3DS lose its functionality over time. :cold: I remember playing my 3DS for hours on end before the Switch was released, especially for Pokemon and Fantasy Life. I have one of the newer 2DS in a case with my games and charger in case nostalgia ever strikes. :dread:

ezekielhabermann
03-06-2023, 01:24 PM
I guess I should probably finish up that ribbon challenge I had started before my mons ecosystem.

I'm still stuck in gen 4 towers, kind of a slog.

Excalibur
03-06-2023, 01:32 PM
sad this is going away :(

Synth Salazzle
03-06-2023, 02:32 PM
I have 3 3DS

I still need to put pokebank on 2 of them

SHDJFHSDJ PLEASE POKEGODS DON'T LET ME FORGET TO DO THIS.

Alister
03-13-2023, 02:58 PM
A bump to commemorate ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT TO DO THIS and a personal tag for Synthbass as a reminder as well

Synth Salazzle
03-13-2023, 05:51 PM
A bump to commemorate ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT TO DO THIS and a personal tag for Synthbass as a reminder as well

Thank you, but you can't get the freaking transporter on a fresh 3DS without a bank subscription and with no way to do the cards I think I might do one of two things
1. cry because i'm not buying an eshop card for a subscription that i'm getting for free soon
2. just make it my main DS and hack my OG one instead.

Tater
03-13-2023, 06:23 PM
Good information! I think I transfered all of mine already but it won't hurt to run through again and make sure I didn't leave anyone in limbo.

magicalretriever
03-19-2023, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the reminder! I better do this before I forget again.
It's sad to see the 3DS become outdated, it might be my favorite console ever. :(
Glad to know it won't lose all functionality though.

Alister
03-20-2023, 11:43 AM
A bump for one week left to get this done!

I'm also sad to see the 3DS finally wind down too. I jumped from a Gameboy Color to a 3DS after accidentally drifting away from gaming for a long time and was just floored by how cool it was. There are so many games I love on it. Switch port for SMT IV: Apocalypse PLEASE

Kon
03-25-2023, 11:58 AM
Bumping for any last minute people (like myself) who still need to move their Pokemon!