PDA

View Full Version : What manga / LNs are you currently reading? Have you started any new ones recently?

Buizel
02-01-2023, 11:11 PM
Hello all, I'm looking for manga and light novels to add to my long reading list! :$

I just started reading a manga called "Magilumiere Co. Ltd." because a manga site I frequent recommended it. The art style is really nice so far and it's a magical girl manga as well.

What are you all reading? :) Do you have a favorite you want to gush about?

Juna
02-02-2023, 01:40 AM
I like magical girl things, so I’ll have to check that one out!!
Yesterday I found out one of my favorite anime Blood+ got a light novel sequel Blood#. But the anime wasn’t popular at all, I think. It aired at like 2Am on adult Swim in 2008, and had no original material it was based on. So the LN sequel hasn’t gotten translated yet and it’s been 6 years or so. :( So I’m dedicating the next few days of my life translating it via google. 🤡🤡
There’s also a few webtoons I want to read, but there’s sooo many good ones out there 😩 What website do you recommend reading manga on?

doraemon
02-02-2023, 03:10 AM
I'm catching up on Kakegurui - which I recommend if you like crazy gambling/exaggerated things applied to slice of life. Slightly ecchi-ish, so avoid if that's not for you. The anime veers away from the manga, so still worth a read if you've seen the anime and liked it.

Also reading Spy x Family, but I think it has been/will be recommended to you at this point because of the popularity of the anime.

Buizel
02-06-2023, 10:53 PM
I said this in the anime thread, but I just started Go! Go! Loser Ranger! :) The first few chapters had me hooked and I love the overall goal of the series. It's definitely something of a new type of manga to read about.

Buizel
02-14-2023, 06:55 PM
Coming back to this to say I've yet again started a new manga when I already have a million manga tabs open already lmao!! :grief:

It's called "The Eminence in Shadow" and it's about someone who's goal is to work in the shadows. I found it from a crunchyroll clip on youtube a few days ago, but I guess it got deleted since I can't find it anymore. :S

RubyFaux
02-25-2023, 06:20 AM
I'll take absolutely any opportunity to recommend Black Clover. The Manga is fantastic and will be coming to an end soon. I've not really been reading much else lately due to time, but will need something new to pick up when it does end.

Aero
03-03-2023, 10:44 PM
I *so* wish Manga were under this subforum because I don't really engage as much with anime.

I'm currently reading some pretty mainstream ones:
- Boku no Hero Academia/My Hero Academia (reaching its finale, but idk it's been of questionable quality sometimes recently)
- Jujutsu Kaisen
- Chainsaw Man
- One Piece

and I read Kubera for Korean webtoons (and Tower of God, though I'm kinda falling behind on that one since it keeps going on hiatus).

Recently I just finished Chihayafuru, which I've been following since I was in high school-- over a decade!

Mario2302
06-14-2023, 04:04 PM
i've been reading the lone necromancer whenever a new chapter gets translated/released.

it's about the world ending and everyone has to pick a job within a time limit from a few cards.
then the story unfolds as people grow in those jobs and fight monsters that have come alive.

Seongwu is a former special forces soldier who has returned to college after completing his national service. His ordinary life as a student is shattered during class one day when he and his fellow students are faced with a mysterious prompt asking them to “select a role.” Seongwu chooses the necromancer, a rare ability that grants him the power to control the undead. With the campus and outside world seemingly on the brink of collapse, Seongwu must use his newfound powers to battle fearsome monsters and help save his fellow students. But will they make it out alive?

i've been enjoying it and now i've caught up recently i'm checking weekly to see if a new episode has released.

easy non-gatekeeped reading is possible at [Only registered and activated users can see links]
it's also available on webtoons but they are behind on releases i think and also less enjoyable to read on there i find.

xmilo
06-15-2023, 05:08 AM
Coming back to this to say I've yet again started a new manga when I already have a million manga tabs open already lmao!! :grief:

It's called "The Eminence in Shadow" and it's about someone who's goal is to work in the shadows. I found it from a crunchyroll clip on youtube a few days ago, but I guess it got deleted since I can't find it anymore. :S

hahaha i was reading/watching this a couple of months ago and the storyline is quite hilarious. shadow just randomly throwing earth/human facts to his underlings and them using the information to be famous/rich in their world. and his aim to display a weak persona always cracks me up.

TsUNaMy WaVe
06-15-2023, 06:43 AM
Anyone else is reading the manga of Oshi no Ko?
I've been reading it for a while now, even before the anime started. It had some slow section in the middle but it def picked back up. Yesterday chapter's was so good!

caviar
12-15-2023, 11:39 AM
A friend bought me a few volumes of the Danganronpa manga since he knows I'm a fan of the franchise, I gotta get around to that.

I also bought Junji Ito's Cat Diary recently, which I'm really looking forward to reading after I finish my current book.

kalez
12-15-2023, 01:37 PM
I've been reading a bunch of series on the official MangaPlus website
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I read just about all kinds of manga, so the list would get pretty long so I'll just drop 16 from among the ones I read there.
In no particular order:
Magilumere, Co. Ltd.
MARRIAGETOXIN
Make the Exorcist Fall in Love
Skeleton Double
Kindergarten Wars
SPYXFAMILY
KAIJU NO.8
Dandadan
SAKAMOTO DAYS
Kill Blue
MamaYuYu
Akane-banashi
Cipher Academy
Show-ha Shoten!
Gokurakugai
Ron Kamonohashi: Deranged Detective

Aero
12-26-2023, 12:00 PM
I have gotten insanely into romance Manhwas for some reason, especially ones set in like, a victorian era? My favourite one right now is called "I Stan the Prince". The art is gorgeous and the plot is SO funny and sweet.

Junellie
04-04-2024, 09:21 PM
Not exactly *currently* reading, but I got my first Light Novel a couple of years back; the first volume of Sword Art Online. It's been in my "to read" pile ever since. I'm sure I'll get around to it soon... :P

DarkSkies
04-05-2024, 09:33 PM
I really don't know if it counts as Manga but I started seeing the comics of Animosity on YT, basically explanations (sorry for my laziness...)

It's about the rise of the animals, how they get awareness and start a revolution and now the world is a human-animal apocalipsis/survival? Yeah I don't know why I look for this things I'm sorry not sorry xD

[Only registered and activated users can see links]