PDA

View Full Version : Judge a book by its cover

Menine
01-22-2023, 03:38 PM
I love beautiful books. Some books I own I don't plan to read again, but it feels really nice having them because they are beautiful.

Is there any edition of a book you just love the design? Ignore the content, let's just appreciate how beautiful they are.

Does it have vintage illustrations or leather covers? Are the volumes textured?

Some book designs are a work of art, so let's share beautiful editions! =)

Sneasel
01-22-2023, 04:07 PM
Yes, I have a few beautiful books.
I make pictures of them tommorrow, because it is in the middle of the night right now. I only have a handful books, because nowadays I mostly read ebooks, it is convenient :P

Edit on day later:

I made Photos of my books.

1. My Vampire the Masquerade Rules Book, I love the look.

2. My little Pony: The Journal of the two Sisters

3. Anne McCaffrey: The Gift of Dragons (Short Stories)
Book with beautiful illustrations

4. J.R.R. Tolkien: The Hobbit
with Illustrations

5. Michael Ende: The Neverending Story
My favorite Book of all times. The font is in two colours: Green for Phantasia and Red for Earth
And every chapter has a big illustrated Letter

6. Masamune Shirow: Manmachine Interface
Hardcover Manga Edition from Ghost in the Shell. It was a Limited Edition

7. Clow Book
Not technically a Book, because there are the Clow Cards in it, But it is soooo pretty!

Lyrichord
01-23-2023, 04:05 PM
My childhood fancy copy of Alice and Wonderland comes to mind. It was my Mom's, really. Leather bound with golden page edges!

Barnes and Noble ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) has a hardbound classics collection as well that's really nice.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

kittyray
01-23-2023, 04:50 PM
Lyrichord That is so pretty!

I was also going to post my (current) copy of Alice's Adventures In Wonderland – mine is one the the Barnes And Noble fancy hardbacks they have of popular/classic books. I also have an Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide from that line!

LibraryFaerie
01-27-2023, 09:09 AM
So I picked this book up years ago without knowing anything about it because I thought the cover was so beautiful. It ended up being one of my favorite books of all time. Those Barnes and Nobel hardbacks are sooo beautiful. This thread makes me want to give my bookshelf a good look through when I get home later...

kittyray
01-27-2023, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I gotta take a look through mine because I just went with what I thought of off the top of my head, but there probably some other good ones hidden in there!

Shazi
01-28-2023, 11:51 AM
this was hard because i was trying not to take pictures of every book i own lol but here's my condensed list of favorite covers/editions

foxe
02-02-2023, 06:11 AM
okay so this is kinda niche and objectively not all that beautiful, BUT I have just about every (reasonably priced) edition of les miserables under the sun and this one is by far my favourite:

Nattiee
02-02-2023, 08:56 AM
These books are so beautiful.
I cant think of any pretty ones off the top of my head but I love the way a good (and old) book smells. Oh, and when the pages are thing but good quality, slightly yellow stained. Gorgeous.

phantasia
02-02-2023, 09:51 AM
We have the Encyclopaedia Britannica 200th anniversary edition it looks so beautiful like something that should be in a museum.

OK so they are bit messed up right now