PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite anime villain?

Menine
01-20-2023, 04:00 PM
Let's discuss.

I'm still unsure about which one would be my favorite, but this was the first one that crossed my mind:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

He is very charismatic, and have those psycho clown vibes that makes him very unique. A very cool villain

Hollow
01-20-2023, 04:49 PM
Aizen Sosuke

Aizen is the main villain from Bleach.

The most OP character in the entire franchise. Heck I hated this guy the moment he was revealed in the manga, the dude is a troll. Always one step ahead of the game, somehow outsmarts everyone, so stupidly strong that we never see him reveal his bankai because his shikai is OP to oblivion. His Zanpakutou (weapon/sword) when revealed will obscure all senses, giving perfect complete hypnosis. This guy. THIS GUY reveals his shikai to the entirety of Soul Society early in the series so that he can execute his plan baring Ichigo because he's the MC.

Also everything is somehow planned through Aizen.

And that is why I like Aizen. Dude grew on me the more I read the manga and watched the anime.

I'm almost 100% certain that this guy can take on any shounen character - he's basically broken. Thanks Kubo Tite lmao.

Dio

One of the main bad guys from JoJo's
I don't even need to expand on this one. JoJo's is whacky and so is Dio and that's why I love him.

WRYYYYYYYY

DarkSkies
01-20-2023, 05:03 PM
My favorite villains Team Rocket!

Even though I didn't faithfully saw all seasons, I always liked them and good job on the translation too! They we're the kind of villains that gave you many feelings :tiger:

Hollow whenever I see Dio it reminds me to a Spanish Meme. It was the sticker on someone's car saying "Thanks to God" but in Spanish God is said Dios. Anyway, letter S has already fallen from sticker so you could read instead Thanks to Dio lol

Bulbasaur
01-20-2023, 05:03 PM
My favorite is:

IM JOKING, IM JOKING!

Its really:

I just found him so wild with how much he would go through just to get what he wanted
But I also dont watch a TON of Anime, so it could be Im basic lol

Another one would also be Madara Uchiha!

Synth Salazzle
01-20-2023, 05:13 PM
Does it count if the villain is the protag?

Menine
01-20-2023, 05:16 PM
Does it count if the villain is the protag?

Of course! Please show us the bad prota boi 😎

Hollow
01-20-2023, 05:51 PM
My favorite is:

IM JOKING, IM JOKING!

Its really:

I just found him so wild with how much he would go through just to get what he wanted
But I also dont watch a TON of Anime, so it could be Im basic lol

Another one would also be Madara Uchiha!

Man I really despised Naraku but he did make a pretty good villain. I always found him so gross xD

Synth Salazzle
01-20-2023, 06:23 PM
Of course! Please show us the bad prota boi 😎

It's gotta be Ainz!

Buizel
01-20-2023, 08:11 PM

I've always liked The Ten Commandments from Seven Deadly Sins. :) Each character design is full of variety (including their races like giant, faerie, ect.) and their individual story arcs were beautiful. :sorrow:

Bulbasaur
01-20-2023, 08:47 PM
Man I really despised Naraku but he did make a pretty good villain. I always found him so gross xD

Oh my word! He was D:
All up on a girl who rejected him lol

I also need to look into some more anime to watch :o_o:

Hollow
01-21-2023, 06:46 AM
Oh my word! He was D:
All up on a girl who rejected him lol

I also need to look into some more anime to watch :o_o:

Does that mean that makes him the original Nice Guy™?! :0

Alister
01-21-2023, 12:02 PM
I have two favorites and it's just a coincidence they look kinda similar because they are NOTHING alike

The Stray from Noragami

The Stray has the high honor of being a character that is introduced as being very eerie with a ton of ominous build up that still turned out to be even creepier than I ever imagined when certain things are revealed about her. If you like the Noragami anime but haven't read the manga I highly recommend giving it a chance.

don't read if you haven't read the manga and think you may want to some day!!

Really it's Nora and Yato's father together that are the villains. When Yato's father uses the stray as his shinki she turns into a staff that causes other shinki to remember the suppressed memories of their deaths with just a touch. It's so disturbing in context of the story. She can force other shinki to go through the same emotional devastation that Yukine almost killed Yato and himself with in the first arc of the story, only way worse because now it's weaponized. The contrast to how bombastic other shinki are, turning into a really badass sword or a battle lion or even a demon-summoning fan, the fact that it's such a quiet little power - all it takes is a small scratch! - but WAY more dangerous just adds to how unsettling she is compared to other shinki.

Sae from Peach Girl

Regina George ain't got shit on Sae.

but also that character development. Watching Sae turn from True Evil to Chaotic Neutral is one of my favorite parts of the series. It's really hard-earned, begrudging character development and watching Sae use her powers of manipulation and being a crafty bitch for good instead of just wrecking everyone else's lives and dancing upon their remains is a really great part of the end of the series.

Lyrichord
01-21-2023, 11:29 PM
It's been over a decade since I watched Bleach but these two immediately leapt to mind. Honestly rooted for them more than Ichigo. :rolleyes:

Bulbasaur
01-23-2023, 06:31 PM
Honestly, another one i really like is Madara Uchiha

His story, power, respect and design is pretty awesome to me.

Also, his VA is super awesome!

Juna
01-25-2023, 05:18 PM
My favorite all time villain is probably
Diva from Blood+

She was held captive in solitary for such a long time, then brainwashed by those she kept close, so much that she never matured beyond her child like personality. Honestly she's probably the biggest victim in the series. Everyone who "loved" her was only using her for her abilities and their own personal gain.
She's such a tragic character, and in the end all she wanted was a family of her own. And honestly, I just hated Saya's character so much for some reason..
Honorable mention: Lelouch

I have two favorites and it's just a coincidence they look kinda similar because they are NOTHING alike

The Stray from Noragami

The Stray has the high honor of being a character that is introduced as being very eerie with a ton of ominous build up that still turned out to be even creepier than I ever imagined when certain things are revealed about her. If you like the Noragami anime but haven't read the manga I highly recommend giving it a chance.

don't read if you haven't read the manga and think you may want to some day!!

Really it's Nora and Yato's father together that are the villains. When Yato's father uses the stray as his shinki she turns into a staff that causes other shinki to remember the suppressed memories of their deaths with just a touch. It's so disturbing in context of the story. She can force other shinki to go through the same emotional devastation that Yukine almost killed Yato and himself with in the first arc of the story, only way worse because now it's weaponized. The contrast to how bombastic other shinki are, turning into a really badass sword or a battle lion or even a demon-summoning fan, the fact that it's such a quiet little power - all it takes is a small scratch! - but WAY more dangerous just adds to how unsettling she is compared to other shinki.

Sae from Peach Girl

Regina George ain't got shit on Sae.

but also that character development. Watching Sae turn from True Evil to Chaotic Neutral is one of my favorite parts of the series. It's really hard-earned, begrudging character development and watching Sae use her powers of manipulation and being a crafty bitch for good instead of just wrecking everyone else's lives and dancing upon their remains is a really great part of the end of the series.

Oh my god, I hated Sae with such a passion!! Peach Girl was one of my fave animes when I was a kid, so I should probably rewatch it to get a better understanding of her character development like you said.

Cat Purrson
01-25-2023, 05:42 PM
I'm also gonna have to go with Hisoka on this one. He's just so creepy and funny lol

Nattiee
03-03-2023, 09:01 PM
Where is this Hisoka? He looks so familiar.

I'll jump in on this :)

Queen Beryl!

Dasvidaniya
03-03-2023, 09:52 PM
I can’t believe there’s 2 mentions of Peach Girl in this thread! That was one of my all time favorite mangas growing up and I’ve never met anyone else who’d even heard of it! 😍

Kon
03-03-2023, 11:40 PM
For me I'd have to go with:
Dabi. He's just so... Gahh step on me

DarkSkies
03-04-2023, 04:03 PM
Where is the love for Seto Kaiba? :o_o:

At the end he's more like a tsundere but hey he was a "first" villain with epic dragons :P

lint
03-04-2023, 04:21 PM
I'm a H U G E Digimon fan so this is what came to mind first.

gilly777
06-08-2023, 02:15 PM
Mine is Light from Death Note, but I also love the Homonculus from Fullmetal Alchemist, especially Lust.

Politoed
06-08-2023, 03:34 PM
My favorite all time villain is probably
Diva from Blood+

She was held captive in solitary for such a long time, then brainwashed by those she kept close, so much that she never matured beyond her child like personality. Honestly she's probably the biggest victim in the series. Everyone who "loved" her was only using her for her abilities and their own personal gain.
She's such a tragic character, and in the end all she wanted was a family of her own. And honestly, I just hated Saya's character so much for some reason..
Honorable mention: Lelouch

Oh my god, I hated Sae with such a passion!! Peach Girl was one of my fave animes when I was a kid, so I should probably rewatch it to get a better understanding of her character development like you said.

I was so going mention her! I completely felt so sorry for Diva.

billytiddles
06-08-2023, 03:35 PM
Does Lelouch from Code Geass count? That's an epic story in my eyes.

hellraid
06-08-2023, 03:38 PM
No brainer for me, Ulquiorra. Now and always will be!

Excalibur
06-08-2023, 05:59 PM
hes everyones villian....

Madara
06-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Some say Madara is a villain but is he really?

Synth Salazzle
06-08-2023, 06:45 PM
I know I said ainz before but she's just like me frfr

[Only registered and activated users can see links] eaa55ad6bb47c6_thumb.jpg

Crooked
06-09-2023, 05:33 PM
I love Nosferatu Zodd from Berserk and Sirene from the original Devilman OVAs.

billytiddles
06-09-2023, 07:28 PM
Some say Madara is a villain but is he really?

Reminds me of the old meme:

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach. I'm talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

Props to anyone that can read that all the way through

Madara
06-09-2023, 08:18 PM
Reminds me of the old meme:

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach. I'm talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

Props to anyone that can read that all the way through

My head... it hurts.

pillowfighter
06-09-2023, 09:32 PM
Aaaah my favorite is (chainsawman spoilers)

Makima

I honestly love how she was written. It was a little obvious for me the first time I read through chainsaw man that she was behind a lot of Denji’s suffering but the way she manipulated him and everyone around him was so wild. I thought she was really well written.

Zenitsu
06-10-2023, 04:34 PM
My all-time favorite villain is the major from Hellsing (Montana Max). My current favorite is probably Mahito from Jujutsu Kaisen! He's a vile and handsome MFer! 😂
I also like Pain/Nagato from Naruto!

Slowpoke
06-10-2023, 04:47 PM
Favorite anime villains!! I have a few, but I'll start with one of the characters at the top of the list in my head right now. Askeladd from Vinland Saga - he is one of those characters you can't really hate too much. His relationship with the protagonist in the show had me feeling all types of mixed emotions, and he is the main reason why I praised Vinland Saga so much when I first watched it. (This is the opinion of someone who has only seen the anime and nothing of the manga).

Blissey
06-10-2023, 05:46 PM
i dont watch much anime with striking villains tbh! my main genres are slice-of-life and romance. there are, however, some that really stand out to me.

nui harime from kill la kill was really fun to hate. she was extremely annoying, but in a way that really fit the show.

kushana from nausicaa and lady eboshi from princess mononoke were both very well-written (and very hot) ghibli villains. like, i swear to god, nobody has ever come close to writing women as well as miyazaki has.

spoilers for chainsaw man below

makima was just... profoundly and amazingly evil. The Door Page left me fucking crushed. i just stared at the page and cried. i always kinda knew she would be the baddie, but watching it all unfold was amazing.

Sithis
10-20-2023, 09:59 AM
It's gotta be Ainz!

I was literally gonna ask this exact thing because Momonga is my favorite too. I have the audio books, watched the anime, and have shirts of it too!

Synth Salazzle
10-20-2023, 10:06 AM
I was literally gonna ask this exact thing because Momonga is my favorite too. I have the audio books, watched the anime, and have shirts of it too!

I think Overlord is one of the best series ever made. Ever. I have no shirts yet but one day

krummris
10-20-2023, 10:14 AM
I really like Greed so much.

Sithis
10-20-2023, 10:21 AM
I think Overlord is one of the best series ever made. Ever. I have no shirts yet but one day

I also have some other cool swag. Like Pikachu Momonga and Pikachu Albedo custom trading cards.

I think it's just really well written and the story is compelling without being too over the top. I remember my first time watching it and being so skeptical, but by the third episode I was looking up the light novel.

Furina
10-20-2023, 10:54 AM
Seeing that Mkm has been mentioned I shall toss Eto & Rize from Tokyo Ghoul into the toxic but hot manipulative dommy mommy women pile as well. :$ I love my psychological manipulators.

Synth Salazzle
10-20-2023, 11:02 AM
I also have some other cool swag. Like Pikachu Momonga and Pikachu Albedo custom trading cards.

I think it's just really well written and the story is compelling without being too over the top. I remember my first time watching it and being so skeptical, but by the third episode I was looking up the light novel.

I want to see Albedochu please

Sithis
10-20-2023, 11:41 AM
56444 56445

Here they are! I think they're super cute. I got these both for Christmas last year.

Crow
10-21-2023, 11:21 AM
I mean, it's very obviously DIO, so the better question is...who's your second favorite anime villain?

Sithis
10-24-2023, 11:30 AM
I want to see Albedochu please

Wanted to make sure you were able to see these. Albechu is super cute and it makes me want to collect more things like this.

Null_user
10-24-2023, 12:19 PM
I don't watch much anime, but this might be my absoltue favorite:
I don't think an explanation is needed, but it is a perfect representation of the "original sin" all human sins combined into one small being is absolutely perfect.

2nd and 3rd place:

Is Lelouch Considered a villian? If so, he gets a strong 2nd place.
I just love strategists and his way of getting away with anything is amazing.

And runner up:
Well, I really don't consider him a villain. He's absolutely right imo.

aymo
10-24-2023, 09:54 PM
I don't watch much anime, but this might be my absoltue favorite:
I don't think an explanation is needed, but it is a perfect representation of the "original sin" all human sins combined into one small being is absolutely perfect.

2nd and 3rd place:

Is Lelouch Considered a villian? If so, he gets a strong 2nd place.
I just love strategists and his way of getting away with anything is amazing.

And runner up:
Well, I really don't consider him a villain. He's absolutely right imo.

I think Lelouch is more of an antihero?

Null_user
10-25-2023, 08:39 AM
I think Lelouch is more of an antihero?

Yeah you're right!

Serebii
10-30-2023, 12:12 PM

This smug jerkface for sure. I really loved Envy the most of each of the homunculi when FMA first aired, but after a recent rewatch my love for them has been rekindled.

Excalibur
10-30-2023, 01:11 PM

forgot about this villain. if you know who this is, youre OG!

Mothman
11-04-2023, 05:56 PM

This smug jerkface for sure. I really loved Envy the most of each of the homunculi when FMA first aired, but after a recent rewatch my love for them has been rekindled.

FMA has the best antagonists... I'm a fan of all the homunculi but Envy takes the trophy every time.

Cocobutter
11-04-2023, 08:22 PM
I'm a basic bitch for this but Ryomen Sukuna is just too good :beaten:

Edit: or should I say, he's just too bad har har har

H3nry
11-23-2023, 07:49 PM
Don't want to spoil anything with the current JJK manga but Sakuna is a villian I've really enjoyed.

None of the mushy villian tropes, just straight hands.

Maluko
12-06-2023, 08:12 AM
Itachi

Shinx
12-26-2023, 04:38 AM
Akihiko Kayaba

The technical knowledge he had to execute what he did.. and the ending with him doing what he did... I just.. *chef kiss*

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-26-2023, 04:47 AM
My favorite is probably Kyouko from March Comes in Like a Lion

She's a 100% total bitch, but I also found her super interesting and compelling.

Delibird
01-03-2024, 11:00 PM
Hmm Aizen from Bleach is a good one. He's classic villain... killed a lot of people lol.

Pepper-Mint
01-10-2024, 01:48 PM
A little late to this thread, but I love the design and art of Benisuzume from Knights of Sidonia. Also the way she's animated, very insect-like and cutthroat. I don't know if she's truly my favorite antagonist/villain, but she comes to mind first.

oddish
02-11-2024, 09:54 AM
Sukuna from Jujutsu kaisen

Gyutaro from Demon slayer

Nyu
02-11-2024, 11:09 AM
My username is from this series, Lucy/Nyu from Elfen Lied. I have no idea why but i like this kind of characters

Same kind of anime, Shiro from Deadman Wonderland

And Dio of course

Endeavor
02-11-2024, 06:54 PM
Massive AOT fan, I wouldn’t consider him a villain (don’t fight me) but mah boiii Eren is goat :3

oddish
02-11-2024, 07:14 PM
omgg
I almost forgot one of my favorites!!
Technically a villain, but in my opinion just misunderstood 😭

Yuno Gasai ♡♡
Also my fav yandere character lol

UCWerelupe
02-11-2024, 07:50 PM
I don’t know if he is my favorite overall, but first that comes to mind is Gaara. Or maybe Seshomiru

Rook
03-07-2024, 11:58 AM
Meruem, The Ant Chimera King from Hunter x Hunter.

Imo, one of the most well written and realistic villians out there.

Arcanine
03-07-2024, 12:23 PM
Does Vegeta count? He was at least in the beginning.
But I am a total Vegeta simp so. 😂

Munna
03-11-2024, 04:17 PM
Little Baku who went from bully zero to hero through some incredible character development. :')

I'm not usually won over by the "jerk character ends up having a heart after all", but I think My Hero did a great job with this!

solaropposite
03-11-2024, 07:01 PM
Mars Roaches from Terraformars!

Junellie
04-04-2024, 08:52 PM
Does Endeavour from My Hero Academia count as a villain? I find him "love to hate", especially in earlier seasons.