PDA

View Full Version : Neodeck price checker/checklist program/script/etc/

I_royalty_I
01-16-2023, 02:07 PM
Anybody know if there's something out there that will price a neodeck? I found something on jellyneo that will make a checklist of the cards you're missing:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I wish they had an option on there to make the checklist for the cards you DO have and what the values of those cards are. I wasn't able to find anything like this. If anybody knows anything that's out there, let me know. I took a look through our progs here but didn't see anything.. unless I missed it!

I miss being able to edit my thread title.. obvious spelling error lol

Buizel
01-16-2023, 03:16 PM
JN does have that function though? Once you use your source code to have the checker pull what cards you'll missing, it should then ask you if you'd like to make these missing cards into a wishlist.

Once you do so, you can go to your JN wishlist page and hit "view". It'll then put the JN price of the card under each card. If it's currently inflated, you'll see an inflation notice letting you know.

Lastly, once you scroll all the way to the bottom of the wishlist, it'll give you a rough estimate of how much the cards are in total that you're missing.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

I_royalty_I
01-16-2023, 03:20 PM
JN does have that function though? Once you use your source code to have the checker pull what cards you'll missing, it should then ask you if you'd like to make these missing cards into a wishlist.

Once you do so, you can go to your JN wishlist page and hit "view". It'll then put the JN price of the card under each card. If it's currently inflated, you'll see an inflation notice letting you know.

Lastly, once you scroll all the way to the bottom of the wishlist, it'll give you a rough estimate of how much the cards are in total that you're missing.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

I’m not looking to find what cards I’m missing though. I’m looking for something to check the value of cards I already have. Specifically, check the value of neodecks I log into to secure stuff off of. I want to know if there are any valuable cards.

Buizel
01-16-2023, 03:24 PM
I’m not looking to find what cards I’m missing though. I’m looking for something to check the value of cards I already have. Specifically, check the value of neodecks I log into to secure stuff off of. I want to know if there are any valuable cards.

OHH! I'm sorry, I completely misread your opening message. :cold: I get what you mean now, and yeah, to my knowledge, JN doesn't do that unless you take all those cards individually and make it its own wishlist to see the value...which yeah is way too much time lol.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on the programming side of things can give a better answer.

Bat
01-16-2023, 03:36 PM
Anything is possible! Which of our amazing programmers is going to pick up the task?

kittyray
01-16-2023, 03:40 PM
Was looking at JN and looks like you can generate lists of items you have from closet/sdb/gallery and a few other things, but not for neodeck, that seems silly.

Bat
01-16-2023, 03:41 PM
JellyNeo just needs some persuasion when it comes to item checking.

kittyray
01-16-2023, 03:43 PM
JellyNeo just needs some persuasion when it comes to item checking.

Looks like it's time to poke around!

...or maybe that will be my reward for running some errands, lmao.

Bat
01-16-2023, 03:51 PM
Always poke around! There are lots of fun things to uncover.

I_royalty_I
01-16-2023, 04:29 PM
Anything is possible! Which of our amazing programmers is going to pick up the task?

If anybody had time, I’m sure it would get a good amount of use. Maybe it would even be beneficial for legit-ish people who want to see what their neodeck is worth!

Pidgey
01-16-2023, 04:55 PM
If you make a list on jelly neo of all cards and their total value.

You could use the source code method and subtract their total from the full list total to give you a quick idea of price.

If there are some cards without prices you might have to be diligent looking when making your list.

Narkotiq
01-16-2023, 10:32 PM
I'd love a script for this as well. I remove them all by hand and then put the into the SDB and then sort by Collectable Card then price the SDB pages. Depending on the size of the deck it can certainly take a while. It especially sucks if you do all of that work just to find that they're all crap :highly_amused:

Shawn
01-31-2023, 02:19 PM
A bit of a gravedig but I'll see what I can do in my free time!

Quick edit
If anyone with more time than me wants to try this, I'm thinking of this solution (from my 30 seconds of looking into JN's NeoDeck checker)
I'm not too well-versed with NeoDeck stuff though.

1. Load NeoDeck page
2. Either grab all the INTs between the showCard() function in the source, or from the img url [Only registered and activated users can see links].gif. These are the cards in the NeoDeck. I'm assuming the 2 options give the same result.
3. Know all the valid INTs for NeoDeck cards that you wanna check (Maybe could use [Only registered and activated users can see links].gif as a check, i'm not sure if the max value for ### would be all the NeoDeck cards)
4. Remove the INTs from step 2, from your full list of INTs in step 3
5. POST to [Only registered and activated users can see links] with the required parameters
6. The item_list parameter will contain the resulting list of INTs from step 4.
item_list should look something like this: {"type": "neodeck", "items":["1","2","3","4","5"]}, where 1,2,3,4,5 are the INTs from step 4.
7. The response should have the total value of cards in your NeoDeck.

There might be a much easier way but this is what I have quickly solutioned in 1min of digging at 3:30am :P

Bat
02-18-2023, 02:56 PM
Still nothing on this? Shawn basically spelled it out! I keep hearing that every programmable solution for Neopets has already been made, but this is a case in point example that there's still plenty of low-hanging fruit left to be picked! If you've got time to gossip about Neopets for several hours a day, then you can crank out this solution!

Pidgey
02-19-2023, 03:28 PM
Still nothing on this? Shawn basically spelled it out! I keep hearing that every programmable solution for Neopets has already been made, but this is a case in point example that there's still plenty of low-hanging fruit left to be picked! If you've got time to gossip about Neopets for several hours a day, then you can crank out this solution!

I can barely get team viewer working on my PC with your help 🤣🤣

I wish I knew more about computers. But I have far too many hobbies right now to try to add another :/.
That and I'm in my 30s... feels like I'm late to the party.

With that I love and appreciate all the talented people that make everything work here!
And if we were all closer I would support you all with cakes and cupcakes x). 💕