PDA

View Full Version : Pitch your favou r ite Anime! アニメ ツ

Zenitsu
12-12-2022, 01:00 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Hi! Let me stop you right there. Looking for good anime to watch?

Do you love anime? Anime can change your life forever. While most otaku do not spend their evenings fighting alien invaders with futuristic mecha weapons, this does not mean that anime fans cannot learn from their favourite shows. Many series – even those that focus on violent conflict – contain inspirational messages of personal growth and triumph over adversity. Ranking the greatest anime ever is certainly a difficult task, but it's time to settle this once and for all.

From shonen to seinen, these iconic anime series have all stood the test of time and are among the very best that the medium has to offer.

Your job is to recommend and convince someone to watch your favourite ANIME OF ALL TIME. You can only pick ONE. Try to keep your pitches under 150 words or just short and sweet.

Here are the best anime shows of all time, ranked by OUR very own anime community:

thread idea and courtesy of Juna

Hollow
12-12-2022, 01:48 PM
Bleach, I choose you!

Do you like the super natural? Do you like exorcists? Do you like plot twists? Do you like shounen anime/manga? Then I recommend Bleach for it's insane power levels, amazing plot, great art style and character swag *HECK YEAH KUBO!* as well as character development and progression.

I think the thing i loved the most about it was how the super natural side of things is based on Japanese culture - the Shinigami. The even cooler thing that I liked about what Kubo (creator) did was base each story arc under a culture (Soul Society arc - Japan, Espada arc - Spain, Fullbring arc - British and the Quincy arc - Germany), the character cast is diverse which is amazing to see in anime/manga as well!

Another cool thing, you see the art style progress, it gets insanely good.

Buizel
12-12-2022, 02:27 PM
Ohh I love this board type! :) I'm more so going to try to tackle this from the manga side of things as opposed to the anime as I haven't watched as much these days (and because FT had a lot of filler :cold: )

Do you believe in magic?
Fairy Tail

Let's jump right in! ;) Fairy Tail was a long time running manga/anime series written by Hiro Mashima and it was in publication from 2006-2019 with it's last chapter number of 545.

The manga/anime's world focuses on users who either learn or are born with magic. Said users also band together to make wizard guilds and fight supernatural beings such as dragons, other wizards, cults, or dark/evil guilds. In Fairy Tail, the wizard guild the story revolves around is named after the title, and it includes a wide range of characters and their stories on how they operate their guild and the friendships they build along the way.

There are lots of different magic types showcased which is a big appeal of the show/mange since it's not your every day wizard story of someone waving a wand and casting a spell. These magic types include, but are not limited to, blowing fire, summoning celestial beings, equipping armor from another realm, ect. Hiro does a wonderful job showing off the versatility and imagination applied to this world and how characters utilize their magic to fight while also including gags to keep the story interesting and funny.

I will say though, since FT is one of the earlier manga's, there is quite a lot of fan service included in the series, and I admit, a lot of it seems forced at times. People also dislike how the story empathizes on the power of friendship and how it can miraculously turn around even disadvantageous situations for the heroes of the story and have them win. I can't say too much on the first point, as I don't agree with the fan service aspect of FT, but as a child reading this manga, I didn't mind the story showcasing just how powerful their feelings are for one another and it helps them push through even the toughest of situations.

For me, FT was one of the first manga's I've read. :) Each character had memorable designs and stories that didn't see me just writing them off as some side character, but a character needed for the story to function. That isn't to say though that the story will be hard to keep up with despite the high character count. :) Hiro tends to handle character arcs and stories a few at a time as a main focus, so readers don't lose interest or burnout due to character overload.

This manga may be cheesy at times, but I'll always keep it close to my heart haha. :crushed:

Bulbasaur
12-12-2022, 02:39 PM
Nerima Daikon Brothers

May I stroke your Daikon? Oops, I mean! May I interest you in some Daikon?
Maybe some music? Naughty humor? A silly cast of characters?
Innuendos? :wink:

Well do I have the Anime for you!
Its called "Nerima Daikon Brothers"!

Two brothers, Hideki and Ichiro, are joined with their cousin Mako to form a band called "Nerima Daikon Brothers" (shocking, I know!).
Their dream? To build a dome to where they can sing and rock out for everyone! To do what they love and share it with the world :o_o: ...And to make make some money of course!

The problem? They're broke!
But that wont stop them! They plan to steal from corrupted group and people so they can get the money to build their dream dome
While doing so, they get chased by not only the police, but a beautiful cop who tries to lock them away for good! Why cant she see that they just want to sing for everyone!?

During their quest to get rich, they come across greed, trickery, lies and... lust!? All while playing some catchy tunes to sign along with!

So join in fun as we go on this wild adventure!

Juna
12-12-2022, 03:15 PM
Oh, this is a fantastic thread! Hehe. I try to keep as short as possible.

Betrayal Knows My Name

If you're into angsty, love-stricken, dark mysterious demon men, and if you're okay with a little shonen-ai, you should check this one out! It is action packed, romance filled, fantasy indulging, and heart-wrenching. It's animation/art is also pleasing to the eye.
I love the idea of a romance that has withstood the trials of time, countless reincarnations, and a gender change, don't you?

It follows Yuki, a boy with a mysterious power where he has an empathic ability that when he touches others, he can feel their emotions, and emit a very powerful light that instantly purifies everything in it's path. For this, he is known as "God's Light." Yuki remembers nothing about his past, so when people start coming after him with malicious intent he meets a mysterious yet beautiful stranger who saves his life, and for some reason he feels like they've met before. While death is on the horizon and Yuki learns more about his abilities, the question is raised: "What will Yuki do when he learns the truth of his past life?"

If you live for the feel-good tingles in a romance, I highly recommend!

Dark, angsty demon man in question.. :devilish:

DarkSkies
12-12-2022, 04:10 PM
DEATH NOTE

Do you like crime and mistery? What's the line between good and evil when someone that has the power to kill anyone for justice can also become a power hungry person?

Criminal or detective, which one would outsmart the other before it's too late? :o_o:

TsUNaMy WaVe
12-13-2022, 12:11 PM
*cracking knuckles* let's go!

Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight

Do you love stories with metaphorical elements and endless rewatch value? What about a talking giraffe in an underground magical theater where stage girls fight for their ideals?
That is Revue Starlight!

Not idols, not cute girls doing cute things. This anime has a meaningful, deep story to tell about its characters, all the while making pretty much everything open to your own interpretation. It might seem slow at first, but it picks up with some awesome plot-points you can't predict and reach its' climactic, satisfying ending with a bang.

Colorful, action-packed with amazing animation and masterpiece OST pieces - this is a show you won't regret you watched!

And it shall be bestowed upon you, the Star which you have longed for—

Aero
12-15-2022, 12:58 PM
Gintama:

The more anime you watch from the 2000s (and earlier) the more you'll understand the references

Baklava
12-15-2022, 03:08 PM
Violet Evergarden.+the movie afterwards.
This series honestly came out of nowhere on Netflix a few years ago and I think it is truly one of my favorites of all time. There's an episode halfway where I started crying.
It's an anime about a war orphan girl who takes up a job as a letter-writer for clients. There is a romance aspect.