PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Emoji Design Challenge! (Rules & Submissions Thread)

Flordibel
11-07-2022, 05:48 PM
Hear ye, hear ye! The second official EMOJI DESIGN CHALLENGE has begun!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Do you find yourself always making the same kind of face when reading a thread? Do you wish for an emoji that conveys all of your "ahhhhhhh thank you so much!!!" after a successful trade?

Then show us your creative skills by designing an emoji that encapsulates the spirit of clraik. The winning emojis, as voted upon by the community, will be added to the forum and the Discord server!

This contest will consist of two overlapping periods - the "Submission" period, during which votes can still be cast, and the "Home Stretch" period, during which no new submissions will be allowed, but votes can still be cast.

Submission Period: November 7, 2022 - November 21, 2022, 11:59 PM PST.
Home Stretch Period: November 22, 2020 - November 27, 2022, 11:59 PM PST.

(PST is the same as Neopian Standard Time.)

Q: How do I enter?
A: Post your newly created emoji in this thread for all to see, with a short (2-3 sentences) description as its meaning! Your emoji can be anything: you don't have to limit yourself to a twist on a traditional yellow smiley. Think outside the box and show us your creativity!

Q: How do I vote?
A: You can vote for an emoji by clicking the Thanks icon - [Only registered and activated users can see links] - on the emoji's post.

Q: I can vote for multiple emojis?
A: Yes! In the event of a tie, admins Joe and Bat will choose a winner.

Rules for Creators

By submitting your emoji, you agree that you are the creator of said emoji.

In addition to original content, your emoji may use royalty-free assets or properly credited assets licensed under a Creative Commons license ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

Your emoji may not include clraik emoticons, clraik's favicon - [Only registered and activated users can see links] - nor may it include any Neopets emoticons. ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Your emoji must be submitted by November 21, 2022, 11:59 PM PST in order to be eligible for this contest.

Your emoji must be a maximum size of 100 x 100 pixels in any of the following formats: PNG, JPG, BMP, GIF.

• When planning composition, keep in mind that if your emoji wins, it will be resized in order to fit Discord's size constraints (32 x 32 pixels).

Your emoji must abide by the forum's rules regarding sexual and offensive content. ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) It may also not contain any mention of violence or harassment to TNT, other clraik users, or other Neopets users.

• For the purposes of this contest, suggestive emojis such as peach, eggplant, sweat drops, etc. will not be allowed as part of your submission. If your submission contains these or other emojis with sexual connotations, it will be disqualified.

• If you're unsure if your proposed emoji would be dinged by this rule, message Flordibel ([Only registered and activated users can see links])!

You are limited to one (1) emoji submission for this contest, and it must not be a duplicate of any emojis previously submitted for this contest. ([Only registered and activated users can see links]!-(Rules-and-Submission-Thread))

Rules for Voters

One "Thanks" on a post = one vote.

Your votes will only be counted so long as they are sent before the end of the Home Stretch Period: November 27, 2022, 11:59 PM PST.

Keep emoji discussion to the Discussion Thread. Do not post comments on this one - it is for submissions only!

You may vote for multiple emoji!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What do I get if I win?
A: The emoji with the most votes will be added to the forum and the Discord server! You also get the new userbar - see below.

Q. How do I upload my emoji in my post?
A: Please use imgur to host your emoji and post it here! Here is a detailed guide on using imgur with clraik posts. ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Q. Why are there two different periods?
A: Extending the voting period allows emojis that were submitted near the end of the Submission Period to have a similar amount of voting time as those that were submitted near the beginning.

Q. Can we both enter and vote?
A: Of course! In the interest of fairness, please do not vote for your own emoji.

Q. What are the deadlines again?
A: The Submission Period is November 7, 2022 - November 21, 2022, 11:59 PM PST. The Home Stretch Period is November 22, 2020 - November 27, 2022, 11:59 PM PST. Votes can be cast from the beginning of the Submission Period to the end of the Home Stretch Period!

Q. Is there a reward for entering this contest, even if my entry doesn't win?
A: Yes! Each person who submits an entry will be the proud owner of this new userbar, specific to this contest:

Q. Is there a reward for voting?
A: Nope, only the eternal gratitude of the emoji creator and the satisfaction of being part of an eternal legacy! If you're interested in a spiffy userbar, we encourage you to submit an emoji creation of your own!

Q. I want to make edits to an existing emoji and submit that as my entry. Is this allowed?
A: Yes, as long as they are not from clraik or Neopets! Unicode emojis (the ones that appear on your phone keyboard) are open-source by default. If you want high-res emojis in an SVG format, this repository ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) has them available as a zip file for free.

Please remember to keep all discussion to the DISCUSSION THREAD, ([Only registered and activated users can see links]!-(Discussion-Thread)) not this thread - this one is for submissions only.

Good luck and have fun! :teatime: :popcorntime: :ntyblob:

Cat Purrson
11-07-2022, 08:11 PM
I present to you all

Period

When you want to add just a little more sass to your post.

Example: Omg the buyable UCs TNT released in the NC Mall just aren't giving [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Zenitsu
11-07-2022, 11:18 PM
It's ya boy Git Hyped Quiggle

When you just can't contain yourself.

Example: Did you see Bat's new avatar? [Only registered and activated users can see links]

TsUNaMy WaVe
11-08-2022, 08:27 AM
Pleading Pray

For when you are extremely grateful, or maybe want something to happen reaaaaally bad. Nothing's like a pleading face to get the message across!

Example:
Oh how I wish TNT will let us have UC RB Zafaras again [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Hollow
11-08-2022, 01:34 PM
I bring you:

"Feeling cute, might delete later" emoji!

When your feeling just a tad bit too cute, but feel like you may want to revisit that cuteness later!

Example: What do you think of my post? idk I think I might delete that later, but I felt super cute! [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Zer0
11-08-2022, 02:34 PM
Presenting UwU

Example: Got Neopoints from Forgotten Shore! It is my lucky day today 50182

or:

Example: it is my birthday today! 50182

Serebii
11-08-2022, 06:23 PM
It is my absolute pleasure to gift you all with:

Wocky Cringe

For when the level of cringe you're feeling just can't be expressed through text alone.

---

Example: Did you all see how the usual suspects are kissing TNT's ass today? 50207

Zapdos
11-08-2022, 08:55 PM
Zappy bird presents to you:
Draik Cry-Laugh Emoji

Also known as: How I feel when browsing the PC

Example: What the f**** is wrong with you people? [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Based on my favourite emoji: Click!
([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Charmander
11-08-2022, 09:38 PM
The Boink!

Saved for those special moments when someone is being naughty on the forum or on Discord and you feel they need a little warning. Boink! Straight to Jail. Do not pass GO! Do not collect $200![Only registered and activated users can see links]

Peanutface
11-08-2022, 10:27 PM
This is how my husband feels when he opens our credit card bill!!!!

hellraid
11-10-2022, 12:23 PM

When you feeling like someone is being cute and you just want to hug them

Hall
11-10-2022, 09:01 PM
For that specific state of confusion that requires mental math:

Example:

TNT: Does Anything.

Userbase: 50235

darkzilla
11-11-2022, 08:53 PM
Sheesh

When there is ice in your veins.

Example: Damn j03 just clutched up [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Lyrichord
11-11-2022, 11:25 PM
Cute Angel

The cute & sweet, mostly innocent but a tiny bit mischievous, angel emote of your dreams!

Example: I haven't had to worry about [favorite script action] in some time. I wonder why? [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Dita
11-12-2022, 07:19 PM
Lip Bite - Draik

Example: Damn, I really need that new UB! [Only registered and activated users can see links]
I really hate it at a small size but I tried :smilet-digitalpoint

DarkSkies
11-12-2022, 09:49 PM
Grateful Wolfie

When you feel very happy about someone else giving any help and wanna show your appreciation <3

Example: Thank you for being an amazing ck friend! [Only registered and activated users can see links]

PS. I know I suck at resizing I'm sorry lol

Celestialkit
11-13-2022, 12:24 PM
Oh you!

When you get so overwhelmed with praise and you start to get a bit embarrassed.

Oh stop it! 50266 (But keep going :sneakiness:)

Aero
11-13-2022, 07:30 PM
Kadoatery - Mew! (new)

Based off the WeChat emoji. For when you can only cry-laugh-facepalm at a situation.
Example: Monday Alice gave my account back to someone else without proof [Only registered and activated users can see links]

sanrio
11-14-2022, 08:55 AM
KorbieBlush

A blushing korbat for warmth, love, and appreciation!
Example: Thank you for the kind words! [Only registered and activated users can see links]

kalez
11-14-2022, 10:18 PM
(100px ver)

This is a translation of Drake's Hotline Bling meme face ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) into emoji form, to show that you like/agree something that's being said or shared.

Example:
That's the stuff, my man [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Nattiee
11-15-2022, 08:33 PM
Yikes!

When someone says something cringe
When something bad happens

Yikes in Action:

Yikes according to Urban Dictionary ([Only registered and activated users can see links]):

yikes
when you cant be using actual mainstream words like 'wow' and 'ohmygod' and 'fuck me sideways' you use yikes to show how edgy and how much of a madlad you are.
eloise: yikes, don't get upsetti have some spaghetti
by mafia3510 September 20, 2018

chii3d
11-16-2022, 06:43 PM
Sad Quig

When everything is making you feel sad babies. Stay strong, no tears!

*sadquig* Example:
"I can't believe I lost all my nps on food club today! [Only registered and activated users can see links] "

Slowpoke
11-19-2022, 07:12 AM
The Rock “Huh?”

The Rock’s signature eyebrow raise for when you read something just a lil sus.

Example: Ayo??? [Only registered and activated users can see links] seems a wee bit sus if you ask me.

Alister
11-19-2022, 10:42 PM
Dumpster Fire

example:

must be Tuesday on Neopets 50328

Ice
11-20-2022, 06:16 PM
Sloth LUL

For when you need to laugh with a little dose of evil cynicism. Based off of TotalBiscuit's LUL ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) emote.

Did you hear they are delaying NC UCs AGAIN? [Only registered and activated users can see links]

I can't believe these idiots think the black market is the cause of Neopets' decline. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

idk why the top of "sloth lul" is cut off haha

Buizel
11-20-2022, 09:13 PM
Shookeyes

Y'all ever just see a message a go "oop"? Has tea ever just shook you speechless? Well, here's an blurred eye emoji to help convey those feelings and more! ;)

Examples:

Spill the tea sis [Only registered and activated users can see links]

And I oop [Only registered and activated users can see links]

*wakes up 30 mins late for work [Only registered and activated users can see links]*

Mothman
11-21-2022, 06:40 PM
Here we go! My RIP Ryu emoji…

usage includes posting on someone’s profile to subtly shame them for almost letting their ryu perish.

example:

I took care of your ryu! Poor guy had 4 poops and no hearts :( 50362

Juna
11-21-2022, 07:30 PM
Tired Emo Jubjub

How I feel on a daily basis, when TNT does the bare minimum.

Example: TNT: "Oh, we're releasing NUCs soon!"
Me: "Ok, but when?"
TNT: "Soon."
Me : "50365"

With feet

Houndoom
11-22-2022, 12:40 AM
Ohno Meerca

based on BlobFearSweat, for when the cold sweats kick in
"... did I use the right vpn for that account? [Only registered and activated users can see links]"
"I didn't miss the deadline for the emoji contest did I [Only registered and activated users can see links]"

Cinnamoroll
11-22-2022, 12:48 AM
”Everything is fine”

Example: *sees dream UC is UFT on the PC*
PCer: “nty glt, using my pass”

You:

yes. I memefied my dog. what about it?

kittyray
11-22-2022, 02:42 AM
I'm honestly not totally sure the word for whatever this is trying to convey, but it feels pretty representative of whatever I'm feeling right now having spent many hours over the past two weeks playing around with similar spins on the same general concept, getting lost in rabbit holes of trying new things completely impractical for these purposes, and ultimately entering something I made as an offshoot with no intention of using three days into this competition (with about fifteen minutes to spare).