PDA

View Full Version : [cK FoF] Spooky Spotify

Cinnamoroll
10-16-2022, 05:33 PM
Spooky Spotify

Time to party. What spooky tunes have chills running through your bones? Show off your funky fresh music taste with this groovin' prompt.

Prompt: Create a Halloween Playlist.

Q: How many songs can I put on my list?
A: You can have as many songs as you'd like, but try for a minimum of 10 songs.

Q: How do I post my submission once it's completed?
A: You can either link us to your music media you used to save your playlist (Spotify, SoundCloud, Deezer, etc), or make a list of your songs on this thread. Be sure to link us to the music so we can check it out!

Q: When is the deadline?
A: You can submit your entries until November 1st 11:59pm EST!

This post is for submissions only.

Please keep all discussion to the Announcement Thread, here. ([Only registered and activated users can see links]!&p=1310688#post1310688)

chii3d
10-16-2022, 06:44 PM
Have some sad fall emo. 13 songs for extra spooky luck.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Cat Purrson
10-16-2022, 07:20 PM
I present my Spooky Meowsic Playlist! These songs remind me of Halloween :)

Dita
10-16-2022, 07:30 PM
Here is my spotify playlist made exclusively for all of you with some of my favorite spooktacular songs :o_o:
There are 56 songs for anyone who is dedicated and wants to hear every song lol

Dita's Spooky Songs ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Nattiee
10-16-2022, 08:31 PM
DJ Nattiee in the TRAP house. Raise your hands and say boo because the breat about to droooooooooop.
13 songs in honour of Friday the 13th (even though we don't have one this month)

1. Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
2. Halloween (Trap Remix) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
3. Horror Movies ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
4. Thriller (Steve Aoki Remix) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
5. Somebody's Watching Me (Deepend Remix) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
6. Ghosts 'n' Stuff ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
7. I Put A Spell On You (Izzy Reign) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
8. Beetlejuice Theme Song (Trap Remix) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
9. Carry On Wayward Son (Addicted Craze Remix) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
10. This is Halloween (Figure Remix) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
11. Goosebumps Theme Song (Dubstep Remix) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
12. Are You Afraid Of The Dark (Phrenik Remix) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
13. Hotel Transylvania 3 (Astronomia Remix) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Lyrichord
10-16-2022, 11:56 PM
I’ll call this list Soft Spook Songs and Instrumentals. 13 for Halloween!

1. Hedwig’s Theme on Piano - Jarrod Radnich ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
2. In the Hall of the Mountain King - Grieg ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
3. The Mystic’s Dream, Lorena McKennitt ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
4. Haunted - Evanescence ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
5. Cursum Perficio Slowed - Enya ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
6. Lacrimosa - Mozart ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
7. Disney Songs in Minor Keys - Corey Lennox ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
8: Hoist the Colours (Pirates of the Caribbean) - Malinda, Bobby Bass, Lauren Paley, and Colm McGuinness ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
-: Hoist the Colours, VoicePlay ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
9: Into the Unknown, but Minor - Lydia the Bard ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
10: Morceaux De Fantasie, Op. 3: II. Prélude In C-Sharp Minor: Lento - Rachmaninoff ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
11: Toccata And Fugue In D Minor For Organ, BWV 565 - Bach ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
12: Prokofiev - Romeo and Juliet: Dance of the Knights ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
13: The Dark Arts | Harry Potter Music & Spooky Ambience ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

LoonyLuna
10-17-2022, 12:46 AM

Not the longest playlist. But it is Disney heavy. Kind of stuck to what you traditionally think of with halloween music. Then added a couple outliers.

Polarchuck
10-17-2022, 12:48 AM
Almost 1h30min! :o_o:
With this list I'm going to inspire myself for the other prompts :rolleyes:

dustyc
10-17-2022, 12:55 AM

28 songs to get in the spooky mood (and let's be honest, I'll most likely keep adding to it as I remember more songs, lol)! I always make a playlist at Halloween, each year building off the last. Some of the songs are the Halloween classics you just can't leave out, but I try to add a few oddities or songs that people won't typically think of! Mine is mostly rock with one or two other genres thrown in. :D

Alister
10-17-2022, 12:58 PM
I'm so excited to check out everyone's lists!!! I present my playlist offering. Whole mishmash of stuff but it kicks off with a classic >:3 will try to recreate it in Spotify a little later for easier listening.

Organ Donor - DJ Shadow ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
I Put a Spell On You - Bryan Ferry ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Last Night I had a Dream - Randy Newman ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Devil Nights - Electric Six ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Night of the Vampire - Roky Erickson ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) - CHAPPO covering Kenny Rogers ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Hollow Knight Nightmare King Grimm - remix by DuplEx ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Don't Shake Me Lucifer - Roky Erickson ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Young Lady You're Scaring Me - Ron Gallo ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Song of Joy - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Voci dal Nula (The Beyond Theme) - Fabio Frizzi ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Red Temple Prayer (Two Headed Dog) - Sister Double Happiness cover of Rocky Erickson ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Song to Comus - Comus ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Don't Go (Class X Remix) - Yazoo ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Profondo Rosso theme - Goblin ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
I Walked with a Zombie - Roky Erickson ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Electric Demons in Love - Electric Six ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Supernature - Cerrone & Giorgio Moroder remix for the film Climax ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
can't not end with even more Electric Six, so Another Song About the Devil (Sexy Trash demo) - E6 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

also I think I limited ("limited") myself to three Roky Erickson songs and one cover of Roky but I cannot more highly recommend the entire album The Evil One as a bomb horror-themed rock album

The Evil One by Roky Erickson & the Aliens ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Ice
10-17-2022, 02:01 PM
Hello I'm here with the k-pop no one asked for :' )

As it is "pop" most of these songs are upbeat and/or dancey but I'd imagine my friends and I would have a hella halloween dance party to these tunes! The thing about k-pop is that they are very artistically tied to the MVs so I highly recommend watching a few, if not for the audio but for the visuals. My criteria was roughly an amalgamation of "halloween themed MV or song" "dark/spooky/nightmarey vibes" "sounds kinda spoopy" LOL. It was hard not to put Dreamcatcher's entire discography in the list because well they are the queens LOL (although their early stuff followed the "nightmare" aesthetic they've moved into a "post/apocalypse" aesthetic).

Ice's K-sPOoPy Playlist (24 songs) via YouTube ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) (recommend hitting shuffle rather than playing in order for maximum variety)

Personal picks:
Chase Me (Dreamcatcher)
Good Night (Dreamcatcher)
Peekaboo (Red Velvet)
Pretty Psycho (Purple Kiss)
Zombie (Purple Kiss)

Also I only listen to girl groups but shout out to VIXX for having probably one of the most gorey/visually explicit/body horror MVs out there with Voodoo Doll ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) (there is a clean version too haha)

Houndoom
10-17-2022, 02:55 PM

I use music a lot while DMing for DnD, so here's 2 hours of gothic/ambient spooky themes for if I ever decide to host a horror game

Jackalope
10-17-2022, 05:32 PM
Oh I was born ready for this challenge!
Please enjoy my running playlist of spooky/southern gothic/halloween music and vibes ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Cinderella
10-18-2022, 02:19 AM
Cinderella's Halloween Mix Playlist

- The Nightmare Before Christmas - This Is Halloween ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
- Vive la Vie - Halloween Parade ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
- Haunted Mansion Opening Title ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
- Disney Villains - Grim Grinning Ghosts ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
- Bobby Pickett - Monster Mash ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
- Andrew Gold - Spooky Scary Skeletons ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
- The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra - Double Trouble - ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
- The Living Tombstone - Grim Grinning Ghost (feat Crusher P + Corpse Husband) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
- IT - Pennywise Theme ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
- Scary Movie Theme [Original from Scary Movie] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Unown
10-18-2022, 02:33 AM
Here are my top 10 songs that I consider spooky from my playlists:

1. Imagine Dragons - Demons ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
2. Andrew Gold - The Addams Family ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
3. Ray Parker Jr - Ghostbusters ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
4. Michael Jackson - Thriller ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
5. Danny Elfman - This is Halloween ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
6. Billie Eilish - Bury a Friend ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
7. Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein - Stranger Things ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
8. Radiohead - Creep ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
9. Selena Gomez - Wolves ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
10. The Cranberries - Zombie ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

I know not all might fall in that category - but they're some of my favourite classic songs that give me a creepy feel!

SilverStones
10-18-2022, 12:29 PM
A mix of classic, scooby doo, and modern :3 enjoy! ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

howdy
10-18-2022, 12:59 PM
Here's my spooky playlist on spotify ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

I jumped on the 13 track trend I like that :)
It's not overtly halloween, it's a lil more serious than some of the others, and my music taste is chaotic lol.
But they're all songs that give me spooky feelings, in a slightly coherent order ^_^

Here's the tracks on youtube for non-spotify people:

1. Adia Victoria - South Gotta Change ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
2. Nina Simone - I put a spell on you ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
3. Gorillaz - Rhinestone Eyes ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
4. Tegan and Sara - Knife Going In ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
5. Tom Waits - Don't Go Into That Barn ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
6. Peaches - Operate ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
7. Hole - Doll Parts ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
8. The White Stripes - Rag & Bone ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
9. Slayer - Raining Blood ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
10. Otep - Confrontation ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
11. Mudvayne - Dig ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
12. System Of A Down - Prison Song ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
13. King Woman - I Wanna Be Adored ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

TsUNaMy WaVe
10-18-2022, 01:20 PM
Never got exposed much to Halloween songs since we don't celebrate it here, but as a weeb I got to hear a lot of "Halloween" songs from anime/games lol. So that's what's in my playlist! And also one Eurovision song that I felt like is very fitting lol.
Wave's Spooky Playlist ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Double.Trouble
10-18-2022, 06:57 PM
1. Night Crawler- Judas Priest ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
2. Phantom of the Opera- Iron Maiden ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
3. Bloodletting (The Vampire Song)- Concrete Blonde ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
4. Cemetery Gates- Power Quest ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
5. The Family Ghost- King Diamond ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
6. Hunter's Moon- Ghost ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
7. The Wicked Rule the Night- Avantasia ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
8. Afterlife- Unleash the Archers ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
9. The Apparition- Fates Warning ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
10. Ghost Story- Savage Circus ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
11. Feed My Frankenstein- Alice Cooper ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
12. Circus of Doom- Battle Beast ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
13. Goblins- Nekrogoblikon ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Mostly metal music, no shortage of spooky themed songs in this genre haha. Also jumping on the 13 songs bandwagon.

Teakwood
10-20-2022, 10:17 AM
Yesss! I'm loving this!

Kevin's Spooky Playlist ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Hall
10-22-2022, 05:58 PM
Time for Spooky Season! ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

There is an actual physical CD I own that has just 'spooky' sounds that I would've loved to share but I have no idea where it is. To give an idea it's something you'd play outside all night while trick-or-treaters would come up to the door and hear. Just generic spooky stuff but it was fun. If I find it I'll share the name. :3

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot the gem of the season! Spooky Scary Skeletons! :O This has been fixed now! Also added some other songs. :3c

Serebii
10-22-2022, 08:38 PM
I'm a shut-in who plays video games and doesn't consume much actual media, so my knowledge of "good" Halloween songs that normal people would know is very poor. That said I do have a bunch of favorites from games that I play!

Maplestory - Haunted House ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Final Fantasy XIV - The Haunted Manor ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Moonlight Nocturne ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Undertale: Halloween Hack - No More Nuzzles ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Luigi's Mansion - That Balcony Thing OCRemix ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Ragnarok Online - Nifleheim of the Classical Rock ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Sonic Adventure 2 - Pumpkin Hill ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Banjo Kazooie - Inside the Mansion ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Potion Shop ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Animal Crossing New Leaf - Halloween ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Earthbound - Giygas' Theme ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Mega Man 7 - Shade Man's Stage - GaMetal Remix ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Final Fantasy XIV - All Saint's Wake ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Pokkén Tournament - Haunted House ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Kirby and the Forgotten Land - Pitch Black Horror ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Pokémon Red/Blue - Lavender Town ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Deltarune - THE WORLD REVOLVING ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness - Dr. Kaminko's Yard ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Final Fantasy Record Keeper (RIP) - Mystic Mysidia ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Donkey Kong 64 - Frantic Factory ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

There's a good mix of recognizable, silly, spooky and everything in between here, I think.

xmilo
10-23-2022, 12:44 AM
Here's my take on a list of spooky music! 🎃 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

p.s. songs arent spooky.. but look at the first word of every song.

Aero
10-23-2022, 12:22 PM
I couldn't quite decide which last two songs to add to get to 13, but I might try again later this week to add them!

This is my indie/alt-rock playlist for Halloween on Spotify! ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Juna
10-23-2022, 04:37 PM
I love listening to other people's playlists, all of these are fantastic! Some of them even have some of my all time favorite songs in them!! ( chii3d Vampires Will Never Hurt You, for one.)
I'm a big OST fan too, so my playlist is on YouTube, since alot of them aren't available on Spotify.

Juna's Spooky Tunes ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) :eagerness::eagerness::eagerness:

Ridley
10-26-2022, 11:22 AM
An ups-and-downs DnB playlist inspired by the season.

1 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) 2 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])3 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])4 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) 5 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) 6 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])7 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])8 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Kibba
10-26-2022, 01:29 PM
Here's my Spooktacular ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) Playlist :ghost::devilish:

Charmander
10-26-2022, 11:08 PM
Alright! Here we go! Welcome to my Spoopy Silver Screen playlist. This features the title songs of 25 of my all-time favourite spoopy Halloween movies!

These spooky films would be nothing without their soundtracks that set the mood to ensure you throw your popcorn, scream, pull that blanket closer and hug your sweetie.

Get Your Spoop On! ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Bulbasaur
10-27-2022, 01:07 AM

My songs aren't "scary" but they give me the vibe for Halloween.

Peanutface
10-27-2022, 02:18 AM

Don’t know if this will play. But had fun looking for old and campy Halloween Songs.

Mothman
10-30-2022, 08:31 PM

Here's my playlist! A good mix of spooky, fall, and just kind of dark vibes ^^ ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Totodile
10-30-2022, 08:53 PM
Looking at my choices.. I'm not sure they entirely fit? *squints* but nevertheless they have the spooky vibes/aura to them

1. Doom Eternal - The Only Thing They Fear is You (Slowed Down) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
3. The Vampire Masquerade | Gothic Organ Version ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
4. PlayaPhonk - PHONKY TOWN ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
5. Jo Blankenburg- Lords of Arkhmar ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
6. Robert Slump- Darkbreed ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
7. Rok Nardin - Circus Of Doom ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
8. Marco Tica- This is the End ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
9. Iconic Audio- Run Like Hell ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
10. Elephant Music - Spiral ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Going through these made me realize they almost sound similar in some type of way but the chills I got re-listening to them is just o.o I hope you all like them!

Zenitsu
10-31-2022, 12:40 PM
Here is my playlist! I added all my favourite songs. Most of them are dark, creepy, or just weird. lol

I also really enjoyed listening to this over the last couple of days:

🔪🔪🔪

Buizel
10-31-2022, 02:59 PM
Gonna be honest, I don't use Spotify much at all haha. I mostly listen to Youtube, but here's my playlist! :) Mine is mostly filled with spooky/dark songs I've heard over the years from anime/manga and video games. :) Hope you all enjoy!

AmandaBynes
10-31-2022, 09:57 PM
Does this work? [emoji316]

I don’t have a clue how to make the songs into links I’m sorry!

Cinnamoroll
11-01-2022, 11:00 PM
Time is up!