PDA

View Full Version : cK's 2022 Festival of Frights!

Cinnamoroll
10-16-2022, 03:23 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

It’s baaaaaaack...

We here at clraik are ready to get into the ghoulish spirit!

These events that are guaranteed to be a scare of a good time will run from today, October 16th, 2022 until November 1st, 2022 11:59pm EST.
Users who complete at least 4 prompts before the deadline may be in for a spooky surprise!

Please remember to keep all event discussion on this thread!

Let's give a big thanks to Nyanobyte and kittyray for putting on this fun event last Halloween! :ghost:

Pumpkin Carving Challenge ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

A certified Halloween classic! Show us your haunting good knife skills in a gourdly fashion! Make your way over to this event and show off your creativity in this frighteningly fun event.

The Haunted Masquerade Ball ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

You know what they say, Fashion over Fit. It’s time to put the Disco in Discomfort as you find the perfect outfit for this CK Masquerade. Show us your Halloween party customization! Will you dress to impress or will your wear cause despair?

Scary Captions to Tell in the Dark ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

It’s Halloween and the CK staff is getting ready for a night on the town. What adventures are in store? You tell us with your creative caption!

Monster Mash!!!!! ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

What would happen if two Halloween monsters broke into the lab and entered the Fusion Machine!? Draw your Monster Mash and make you over to this event to share your monstrosity!

Spooky Spotify ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Time to party. What spooky tunes have chills running through your bones? Show off your funky fresh music taste with this groovin' prompt.

Creepy Candy Creations ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Everyone is getting sick and tired of the same old boooooring candy each Halloween. Smarties here, a KitKat there. YAWN! Willy Wonka just hired you to help create a brand new candy/chocolate bar! You happen to have a new creepy candy creation up your sleeve that no one has seen before and is itching to be shared with the world this Halloween!

Make Your Own Haunted House ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Step aside Property Brothers, HGTV has a new superstar - YOU! Channel your inner Martha Stewart / local home builder and show us how you envision a haunted house.

Remember to stay spoopy, have fun and...

Happy Halloween!

Nattiee
10-16-2022, 05:47 PM
Hope everyone is in for a devlishly good time! Can't wait to see everyone's creations :)

kittyray
10-16-2022, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the shoutout it makes me so happy to see this going on another year! Excited to see what everybody makes!

Charmander
10-16-2022, 05:50 PM
Yaaaaas let's get this Spooky Season going!! I can't wait to see what this talented community comes up with

Cat Purrson
10-16-2022, 05:55 PM
Very excited for this!! Super fun prompts this year!

chii3d
10-16-2022, 05:57 PM
OMG YUSSSS IT IS TIME IT IS TIME

Edit: Sorry, sorry. Very much looking forward to this. I'm going to try to do one for each prompt. Thanks for bringing it back this year!

Mothman
10-16-2022, 06:00 PM
I'm so excited!!! I want to do as many as I can - let's see what we can do!

Thank you for putting this together everyone!!

Kibba
10-16-2022, 06:35 PM
OMG I am so ready for this!

Can't wait to work on my prompts :playful:

Stay Spooky!! :ghost:

Dita
10-16-2022, 06:38 PM
YASSSSSS I CAN'T WAIT

I am def doing 4 entry hehehe and I am most excited about the DTI one

chii3d
10-16-2022, 06:45 PM
I did a Spotify list! I hope it worked out okay because I normally use apple music and set this up for this. Let me know if I linked it wrong.

Dita
10-16-2022, 06:54 PM
Monster List Generator ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

I thought I would most this for people who want too use it for the Monster Mash prompt! I didn't want to think about which monsters to fuse so I just randomized to see what two monsters I got and figured it would be more fun that way :rolleyes:

chii3d
10-16-2022, 07:02 PM
Monster List Generator ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

I thought I would most this for people who want too use it for the Monster Mash prompt! I didn't want to think about which monsters to fuse so I just randomized to see what two monsters I got and figured it would be more fun that way :rolleyes:

This is really neat! Looks like there are 13 different monsters?

DarkSkies
10-16-2022, 07:08 PM
Omg it's hereeee!! :o_o:

I still don't know which ones to do but it's gonna be fun :P

Buizel
10-16-2022, 07:20 PM
Yayyy glad to see this came back! :) This time I hope to do enough to get the boo userbar! :$

Aero
10-16-2022, 07:36 PM
yesssss !! i gotta think about how i want to fill out some of these prompts! the playlist one is so fun especially!!

Hall
10-16-2022, 07:38 PM
Yay! Spooky fun times for us! These prompts look like a lotta fun and I can't wait to see some of the Monster Mash ones. :3

Ice
10-16-2022, 07:55 PM
Ahh it's back!! This event was so much fun last year, I like the new prompts too. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :D

Jackalope
10-16-2022, 08:01 PM
Yes!!! I was so hoping this would happen this year!! Time to D-D-D-D-Draw!

Nattiee
10-16-2022, 08:07 PM
Omg it's hereeee!! :o_o:

I still don't know which ones to do but it's gonna be fun :P

DO THEM ALL mwuahahaah

But seriously! I’m going to try to find time to do them all!
I need to procure a cute pumpkin.

Cinnamoroll
10-16-2022, 08:33 PM
Dita holy freaking shit!! Your first song on your Spooky Spotify playlist is Slaughter to Prevail? CHEF’S KISS AMAZING 10000000/10

Absolute taste.

Nattiee
10-16-2022, 08:44 PM
chii3d - You won my heart with Brand New being the first band of your Spooky Spotify playlist <3 and Sunny Day Real Estate, gosh that takes me back. Tears of nostalgia. Marry me.
Cat Purrson - DONT FEAR THE REAPER, Goosebumps theme song? YES YES YES!!!!!!!!
Dita - 56 songs of absolute delight. You have some great bangers. I havent listened to 3 Days Grace or Bullet For My Valentine in ages. God bless your playlist for Godsmack.

- - - Updated - - -
Zenitsu - Your monster mash sent me omg lmao I wish I had your talent :highly_amused::highly_amused::highly_amused:

Dita
10-16-2022, 08:51 PM
Dita holy freaking shit!! Your first song on your Spooky Spotify playlist is Slaughter to Prevail? CHEF’S KISS AMAZING 10000000/10

Absolute taste.

YES OMG!!! Like I have been absolutely OBSESSED with them recently. Almost all I can listen to I really hope they drop a new album soon because that single of theirs was so amazing! So glad you love them too :o_o:

- - - Updated - - -

chii3d - You won my heart with Brand New being the first band of your Spooky Spotify playlist <3 and Sunny Day Real Estate, gosh that takes me back. Tears of nostalgia. Marry me.
Dita - 56 songs of absolute delight. You have some great bangers. I havent listened to 3 Days Grace or Bullet For My Valentine in ages. God bless your playlist for Godsmack.

- - - Updated - - -
Zenitsu - Your monster mash sent me omg lmao I wish I had your talent :highly_amused::highly_amused::highly_amused:

Thank you Nattiee! I still frequent these bands like they never went out of style :o_o:

chii3d
10-16-2022, 09:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Fall is the best time for my sad emo jams. I mean it’s also an all year thing but they fit fall better! I tried to pick just ones with specific fall or spooky themes? I accept your proposal let’s have a fall ceremony!

Polarchuck
10-17-2022, 12:02 AM
Wow! I'm excited for this event! :D
I think I have some ideas to participate this year! I hope I have enough time :$

Serebii
10-17-2022, 12:46 AM
I just wanted to thank you so much for allowing digital art as a method for submission with some of these prompts. Money is a bit tight this year so it's a bit hard to justify buying a pumpkin and a carving kit, or a bunch of sweets I won't be able to eat.

Hollow
10-17-2022, 01:30 AM
Omg it's back! :D With even more prompts! Exciting stuff!

Houndoom
10-17-2022, 02:12 AM
I'm so happy this event is back! Looking forward to seeing and hearing everyone's entries!

Cinnamoroll
10-17-2022, 10:22 AM
I just wanted to thank you so much for allowing digital art as a method for submission with some of these prompts. Money is a bit tight this year so it's a bit hard to justify buying a pumpkin and a carving kit, or a bunch of sweets I won't be able to eat.

Of course! We understand that cost can be a barrier for anyone, plus digital art is always super cool and creative!

Alister
10-17-2022, 11:19 AM
oh hell yes I'm so glad this is back and I am dying at the spooky caption image, I love it more than I can ever try to articulate xD

so I'm 1000 years old and I don't know much (anything) about Spotify, do we have a thread for people to submit their playlists that I'm not seeing? I am Very Excited to make a playlist

TsUNaMy WaVe
10-17-2022, 11:31 AM
Yay, I'm glad this event is making another appearance! I hope it'll become a fun ck tradition ♥
I'll probably won't get to it right away but I hope I can fill at least some of the prompts!

Ice
10-17-2022, 11:51 AM
oh hell yes I'm so glad this is back and I am dying at the spooky caption image, I love it more than I can ever try to articulate xD

so I'm 1000 years old and I don't know much (anything) about Spotify, do we have a thread for people to submit their playlists that I'm not seeing? I am Very Excited to make a playlist

Yeah all the threads for submissions are in Forum Games :) [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Charmander
10-17-2022, 12:16 PM

I am so glad this sparks joy in you. I feel like we should share Nattiee's concept art and how it progressed lol it was quite the journey!

DarkSkies
10-17-2022, 03:53 PM
DO THEM ALL mwuahahaah

But seriously! I’m going to try to find time to do them all!
I need to procure a cute pumpkin.

I soooo want to!! I'm stuck at work now but I'm secretly wishing to make a spooky dessert on weekend :P

Cinnamoroll
10-17-2022, 05:00 PM
I am so glad this sparks joy in you. I feel like we should share Nattiee's concept art and how it progressed lol it was quite the journey!

Seconding the motion to show Nattiee’s concept art for the caption contest. It was truly… something.

Mothman
10-17-2022, 07:33 PM
Shout out to Jackalope for the super cool masquerade customization!!! I love it!!

Nattiee
10-17-2022, 08:53 PM
Seconding the motion to show Nattiee’s concept art for the caption contest. It was truly… something.

Something? Hmph. It was glorious thank you very much!
Haters gonna hate ;P

Lyrichord
10-17-2022, 08:57 PM
Thank you so much Cinna and GWN for hosting this! :o_o: I love CK's creative contests. ♥︎

Who drew the picture for the Scary Caption prompt?

Charmander
10-17-2022, 09:20 PM
Thank you so much Cinna and GWN for hosting this! :o_o: I love CK's creative contests. ♥︎

Who drew the picture for the Scary Caption prompt?

That would be me! HOWEVER! I must share the true genius behind it! Nattiee; who also helped Coordinate this event!

- - - Updated - - -

Something? Hmph. It was glorious thank you so much.
Haters gonna hate

No hate nothing but lurv!

Nattiee
10-17-2022, 09:24 PM
That would be me! HOWEVER! I must share the true genius behind it! Nattiee; who also helped Coordinate this event!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the shout out dear but a blob on MS paint is hardly anything to the masterpiece you brought to life!

And I know I’m just teasing :P shoulda popped a /s at the end!

DarkSkies
10-17-2022, 09:28 PM
Houndoom I know I've already said it but i LOVE that ZAMBAAA WULLFFF!!! :o_o:

Jackalope
10-18-2022, 12:06 AM
Shout out to Jackalope for the super cool masquerade customization!!! I love it!!

Aww THANK YOU!! I was pretty proud of that one!

Cinnamoroll
10-18-2022, 01:12 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it’s just me but the attachment isn’t loading. How are people going to view this spectacular piece of art?

SilverStones
10-18-2022, 07:01 AM
can a youtube playlist be used instead of spotify? I know some niche songs that arent there

Charmander
10-18-2022, 07:28 AM
Maybe it’s just me but the attachment isn’t loading. How are people going to view this spectacular piece of art?

Oh my that's strange it loaded for me last night! Let me try again! Thanks for letting me know!

- - - Updated - - -

can a youtube playlist be used instead of spotify? I know some niche songs that arent there

Yes 100% you can make a YouTube playlist! 👻

Ice
10-18-2022, 08:02 AM
Great White North still showing up as an unviewable attachment for me :'( have you tried uploading it to imgur if it's just an image?
Houndoom love the invisible custom! I've never done one yet but it works so well :D
SilverStones I respectfully decline the invitation to be dinner - err, I mean to dinner! :o_o:

Unown
10-18-2022, 08:16 AM
Cinnamoroll

I'm sorry if this seems a little spoiled but would you be able to add the links to each respective prompt on the first post? ^_^

I find myself coming back to this thread and it would be really convenient to easily access each prompt from this thread instead of going to Forum Games > Respective thread :D

LoonyLuna
10-18-2022, 09:05 AM
Got my four in! If I find the time, I might try to build a haunted house on the Sims. My artistic abilities aren't quite good enough to draw a monster. I may be able to create a rough looking candy creation.

I am surprised that I was the first entry in the pumpkin carving challenge though. Maybe everyone else is planning to actually carve a pumpkin? I just drew one.

chii3d
10-18-2022, 09:30 AM
Got my four in! If I find the time, I might try to build a haunted house on the Sims. My artistic abilities aren't quite good enough to draw a monster. I may be able to create a rough looking candy creation.

I am surprised that I was the first entry in the pumpkin carving challenge though. Maybe everyone else is planning to actually carve a pumpkin? I just drew one.

Grats on getting your four done!! Yes, I plan to put a picture of the actual pumpkin I carve this year. I'm not super great at it but I always have fun doing it.

Charmander
10-18-2022, 09:35 AM
Ice should all be fixed now. I just didn't have computer access so now both of those spoilers should be updated. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

LoonyLuna
10-18-2022, 09:38 AM
Grats on getting your four done!! Yes, I plan to put a picture of the actual pumpkin I carve this year. I'm not super great at it but I always have fun doing it.

I may try to carve one if I find the time. But two toddlers and a husband who works a lot makes that a little difficult lol. Though I'm sure my son would enjoy it.

chii3d
10-18-2022, 09:40 AM
I may try to carve one if I find the time. But two toddlers and a husband who works a lot makes that a little difficult lol. Though I'm sure my son would enjoy it.

You could always get those mini pumpkins and the face stickers or little paint sets. I loved that as a kid. I'd love to see some lil kid creations. I'm sure it won't get messy at all! lol

LoonyLuna
10-18-2022, 10:30 AM
You could always get those mini pumpkins and the face stickers or little paint sets. I loved that as a kid. I'd love to see some lil kid creations. I'm sure it won't get messy at all! lol

He does love stickers. We are going to the pumpkin patch Thursday. I may grab a few small ones.

Ice
10-18-2022, 10:41 AM
LoonyLuna grats on getting your prompts in!! :D and yeah pumpkin carving can be really tiring/a lot of work, I would opt for the digital method too haha
Great White North oh my god the original pic is amazing :o_o:

howdy
10-18-2022, 12:12 PM
Could we possibly get links to the threads in the first post of this thread? I would love to use it as a little landing pad for all the festivities ^^ no worries if that doesn't make sense logistically though.

Cinnamoroll
10-18-2022, 12:28 PM
Cinnamoroll

I'm sorry if this seems a little spoiled but would you be able to add the links to each respective prompt on the first post? ^_^

I find myself coming back to this thread and it would be really convenient to easily access each prompt from this thread instead of going to Forum Games > Respective thread :D

Yes, this should be done later today :) Sorry about that, its just the event links were not created until after the announcement, so just a small detail that will be updated!

- - - Updated - - -

Could we possibly get links to the threads in the first post of this thread? I would love to use it as a little landing pad for all the festivities ^^ no worries if that doesn't make sense logistically though.

as explained above ^^ announcement threads require specific permissions to be posted and edited etc, so be patient! It should be done by tonight :)

howdy
10-18-2022, 01:03 PM
as explained above ^^ announcement threads require specific permissions to be posted and edited etc, so be patient! It should be done by tonight :)

Thank you so much! Sorry to double the request, I hadn't seen Unown's post about the same thing before.

Also, is anyone planning to compile all the spooky spotify playlists into one mega one? I'm happy to do it if no one else is! The vibe would be very chaotic lol but I'd definitely listen to it.

Cinnamoroll
10-18-2022, 02:12 PM
Thank you so much! Sorry to double the request, I hadn't seen Unown's post about the same thing before.

Also, is anyone planning to compile all the spooky spotify playlists into one mega one? I'm happy to do it if no one else is! The vibe would be very chaotic lol but I'd definitely listen to it.

That is a super fun idea! I may just do exactly that and see how it progresses!

Ice
10-18-2022, 02:29 PM
Aero YOUR CAPTION IS SENDING ME HELP :o_o::o_o:if this were the Neopets CC I'd vote for you every 4 hrs 😂

phantasia
10-18-2022, 03:08 PM
Really liked creating my pumpkin. I want to create a cool monster next week :) so watch this space

howdy
10-18-2022, 03:23 PM
I really want someone to submit a neohome as their haunted house entry.
maybe I will...

Houndoom
10-18-2022, 06:22 PM
I think I'm done with 4 events!! I might still try to do a pumpkin (last year I waited too long and so there weren't any good pumpkins for carving left) so hopefully I can either do that or draw something for it before time is up!

DarkSkies
10-18-2022, 06:43 PM
chii3d Your Kiko (I believe it's a Kiko haha) pumpkin is adorable!!

Houndoom I demand to taste those blast candies lol

chii3d
10-18-2022, 07:10 PM
chii3d Your Kiko (I believe it's a Kiko haha) pumpkin is adorable!!

Houndoom I demand to gaste those blast candies lol

lol thank you! it's a jubjub but same thing! Round thing with feet/hands. 😂😂😂

Houndoom
10-18-2022, 07:21 PM
DarkSkies ahhh thank you!! I love love red hots so much and there should just be so much more spicy/cinnamon candies!

Cinnamoroll
10-18-2022, 07:35 PM
Once I’m back home with more stable internet I’m going to go through everyone’s entries so far. I mso glad to see so many spoopy happenings and creations going around!

DarkSkies
10-18-2022, 08:40 PM
lol thank you! it's a jubjub but same thing! Round thing with feet/hands. 😂😂😂

I always confuse them haha, but it was very cute!! You know what? I'm gonna make my entry about a Kiko, so we can have two round pets rolling lol

Houndoom I do spicy but I have the feeling I'm not at your level xD

chii3d
10-18-2022, 08:53 PM
I always confuse them haha, but it was very cute!! You know what? I'm gonna make my entry about a Kiko, so we can have two round pets rolling lol

Houndoom I do spicy but I have the feeling I'm not at your level xD

Yess!!! Matching pumpkin round pals! Can you tag me when you put it? :ghost:

DarkSkies
10-18-2022, 11:00 PM
Yess!!! Matching pumpkin round pals! Can you tag me when you put it? :ghost:

Damn I didn't choose a pumpkin costume haha, but don't worry they can still roll after all they're like balls with limbs? lol

chii3d
10-18-2022, 11:11 PM
Damn I didn't choose a pumpkin costume haha, but don't worry they can still roll after all they're like balls with limbs? lol

That’s really cute! They’ll be rolling up to the masquerade in style! I remember the pumpkin costume on the kiko comes off so you can’t add another costume on top of it anyway.

Houndoom
10-19-2022, 02:50 AM
kittyray omg your second outfit is me rn would very much like to be cozyyy
DarkSkies the round kiko with the spyder outfit is absolutely ridiculous, this is absolutely amazing! I love yours and chii3d's round bois, they're both so cute!

AmandaBynes
10-20-2022, 09:13 AM
Love this!! I am living for spooky season and all that comes with it. Can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions and get started on my own :D

chii3d
10-20-2022, 08:33 PM
I just looked at all the pumpkin carvings and they are so cute and creative! I actually kind of want to do a digital one now instead of the real ones I had bought. I'm not the most talented with the cutting.

LoonyLuna - I love how you printed this out! It's so cute with Luna's glasses.
phantasia - the textures are so nice! each pumpkin looks so cute and happy :)
howdy - so cute and pixel-y! matches your theme so well

Cinnamoroll
10-21-2022, 04:05 PM
TEN DAYS TIL HALLOWEEN, FOLKS :ghost:

Keep those entries coming! So many hilarious and creative creations already!!!

DarkSkies
10-21-2022, 05:36 PM
Kibba that dark Lutari was *cheff kiss*. I'm not a fan of the candle because it removes light but I liked what you did! :)

chii3d
10-23-2022, 10:13 AM
I got my four entries in! Really happy with my lil haunted house and feeling okay about the pumpkin. :ghost:

I still want to try the monster mash and the candy so maybe if I have time this week!

DarkSkies
10-23-2022, 11:04 AM
Mikal that house really gaves me the chills but it does looks amazing though!!

chii3d I loved the gasparins house, a really cute one :P

chii3d
10-23-2022, 06:12 PM
Mikal that house really gaves me the chills but it does looks amazing though!!

chii3d I loved the gasparins house, a really cute one :P

Is this Casper? I love this friendly ghost he is so charming

DarkSkies
10-23-2022, 06:26 PM
Is this Casper? I love this friendly ghost he is so charming

Yes haha, It's same one :3

Dita
10-24-2022, 01:25 AM
Finally! I have done all 4 :o_o:

I now have free time to do some random fun stuff with the other prompts :D

phantasia
10-24-2022, 12:12 PM
Nattiee love love love your Halloween house!

Mikal
10-24-2022, 08:20 PM
Phew! This is a weird feeling, got my 4 prompts in and with some time to spare instead of the usual mad rush to finish it on the last day hahaha

Aero
10-24-2022, 08:33 PM
I was hoping my friends would do some pumpkin carving (while I acted as moral support) so that I could take a picture and pretend it was mine :smilet-digitalpoint

Kibba
10-26-2022, 05:14 PM
This has been a fun event!

Even tho I haven't had a lot of time to be online I've done these prompts so far

Pumpkin Carving Challenge ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

The Haunted Masquerade Ball ([Only registered and activated users can see links]:~:text=6%20Days%20Ago-,%2321,-Kibba)

Scary Captions to Tell in the Dark
([Only registered and activated users can see links]:~:text=1%20Week%20Ago-,%232,-Kibba)
Spooky Spotify ([Only registered and activated users can see links]:~:text=3%20Hours%20Ago-,%2327,-Kibba)

Charmander
10-26-2022, 11:46 PM
Finally I have had some time to sit and go through some of these amazing entries!

SPOOKY SPOTIFY

All of these playlists are amazing! I know this was mentioned before but maybe we can combine these to make one massive cK spooktacular playlist!
Nattiee I am loving your remix list! Way to get your Halloween party bumpin! Rokon I love how you took a video game theme with your entries! Very original :)

PUMPKIN CARVING CHALLENGE

I love how these one is more inclusive with being open to not just a literal pumpkin carving! As I am sure pumpkins are not available everywhere. I am loving everyones entries!

@Polarchuk I am digging those pumpkin nails! Well done and on point for the season! Kibba your digital pumpkin is so well done! Texture and lighting is so well done! *chef's kiss*

Hopefully I can get my pumpkin carved this weekend! *if there are any left! Whoopsies #procrastination*

MAKE YOUR OWN HAUNTED HOUSE

So many spooky and yet tasty houses too!!!
Sephora and Nattiee those houses are so tasty looking. If they were in my house they would not have lasted long after photo evidence was taken. Oreos be my kryptonite!
Also loving the varying takes chii3d yours is so sweet and cute and Mikal and xmilo your places are spine chilling!

MONSTER MASH

I love seeing the creativity in this community and love all of the monsters everyone mashed! I used to play a game as a kid called monster mash. From what I remember is was a card game you tried to collect pieces of monster body parts with sticky hands and then make the moster that was drawn by the dealer. Thats what my brain recalls anyways. So that was the inspiration behind this. Anyways i am loving everyone's entries and I can't wait to work on mine here. Hopefully I can get something in soon.
Zenitsu I died when I saw yours! Thank you for making me spit out my coffee as I scrolled through! Mikal I love your monster and the style. Definitely gives off the like a foggy nightmare you can't escape vibe. DarkSkies lol amazing combo. I'm just trying to hear in my head how Roz would say this name. lol

CREEPY CANDY CREATIONS

Houndoom I love me some cinnamon hearts so I would love to try these! Amazing add! It looks like it's out of an old 50s magazine :) Dita those brownies look too good to eat. Sucha great idea and play on words. Amazing ad! DarkSkies the oreos hit again and to boot cheesecake I love this! Any chance you would share your recipe?

THE HAUNTED MASQUERADE

Amazing customizations by everyone!
Houndoom super spooky blum! Reminds me of the lady in black!
Cat Purrson I lurv your Frankenwockey!
chii3d your Pumpkin Jun is just too cute, for sure the cutest one at the ball! Kibba your lutari is so spooky, just looks so empty and void. Well done! Juna hold smokes this is sucha good costume! Well done Dr. Death! Anybody oh my word those teeth on your burlap blum make that thing so creepy! Spine chilling!

SCARY CAPTIONS TO TELL IN THE DARK

I had a lot of fun making this with Nattiee, and I am having even more fun reading everyone's captions!
Aero yours made me giggle so hard! Thanks for that. Cat Purrson I appreciates your puns! Ridley just wow. Well done short sweet and dirty lol

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with in the next few days!!!!

Anybody
10-27-2022, 07:34 AM
Thank you North! October has been wild but I’m looking forward to getting some last minute submissions is in between rl events!

DarkSkies
10-27-2022, 10:02 AM
DarkSkies the oreos hit again and to boot cheesecake I love this! Any chance you would share your recipe?

Sure!! Here it is for anyone who wants an easy dessert :P

Ingredients:
- Oreo crumbs (I used like 13 cookies)
- 1 butter bar
- 1 cream cheese bar
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of tablet cream
- 6 lemons (optional)
- Chantilly cream
- Sprinkles, chocolate bars or whatever topping you want

Steps:

1) Separate the cookies from their cream. Cookie parts on one place, the oreo cream on another place. For the bat cookie you only need to take off a cookie lid (A), crack in half another cookie lid with no cream (C), put the halves of cookie C into cookie A to emulate wings and finally place back the cookie A lid.

2) Crush the separated oreo cookies, crushed them with no mercy! :mad: Use a blender, or a plastic bag and a rolling pin :P

3) Add the melted butter to the cookie crumbs and mix.

4) Mix in a blender the milk, table cream, oreo cream, cream cheese (I used Philadelphia) and the juice of the lemons (this last one is optional!).

5) Take a glass and add a layer of cookie crumbs on the inside, this is gonna the floor of our dessert.

6) Now add the cream mix made on step 4. If you want you can throw in a bit of melted chocolate or any other candies as an extra middle layer :tiger: I added some both chocolate and oreo cream from Step 1.

7) The last layer is gonna be cookie crumbs again.

8) Now let's normal refrigerate for at least 6 hours to gain consistence.

9) After enough cooking, you can now add the Chantilly and all the other toppings (or bat cookie!) you want to your mini cheesecakes :3

Hope you enjoy them! I got like 6 portions with this recipe ;)

Shazi
10-28-2022, 02:30 PM
i wanted to participate in this but real life has been insane lately (although maybe i can rush in some last minute ideas) but i just wanna say i really loved looking at everyone's submissions - especially the haunted house and monster mash ones. sooo many good ideas.

Cinnamoroll
10-28-2022, 11:03 PM
The festival is coming close to an end, so I'm going to take a look at what has been submitted so far!

PUMPKIN CARVING CHALLENGE howdy your pixel pumpkins are adorable! gave me inspo to try some pixel pumpkins myself, so I will post those later this weekend! LoonyLuna 10/10 choice. Luna Lovegood is the best HP character and I will die on that hill
chii3d super creative entry! I like it Polarchuck I never would have thought to do Halloween nail art! Very unique idea :D

THE HAUNTED MASQUERADE
Again, so many amazing entries! I am blown away by everyone's creative vision. Houndoom I think your entry is my favourite by far! And Cat Purrson your Wocky does not have a single thought behind their eyes. Love it. kittyray your entry is GORGEOUS! Dita what a kween. ready to break hearts.
Brittany your entry is giving the girl from the MCR "Helena" music video

SCARY CAPTIONS TO TELL IN THE DARK Nattiee and Great White North did an excellent collab on the art idea for this one. Again, so many witty captions. Y'all are TOO FUNNY!

MONSTER MASH
There are definitely some cursed entries on this one! Mikal your entry stands out the most to me. I love the aesthetic of the image, very dark. Reminds me of an oldddd oil painting!

SPOOKY SPOTIFY
There are so, so many great playlists here! I have to say I really appreciate the wide variety of song choices and how it spans across genres!

CREEPY CANDY CREATIONS
DarkSkies gib me that creation right now. It looks like.. ice cream and cake combined. I am in love. Teakwood I would go FERAL for Jolly Ranchers slush

MAKE YOUR OWN HAUNTED HOUSE xmilo is that the sims!?!?! I did that for a prompt last year and it was SO FUN to build!

LoonyLuna
10-28-2022, 11:20 PM
I agree. Luna is definitely the best. And this reminded me that I need to post my Halloween treat!

Charmander
10-30-2022, 09:07 PM
Just over 2 days left! Lots of time left to express your spooky self!

xmilo
10-31-2022, 01:31 AM
The festival is coming close to an end, so I'm going to take a look at what has been submitted so far!

PUMPKIN CARVING CHALLENGE howdy your pixel pumpkins are adorable! gave me inspo to try some pixel pumpkins myself, so I will post those later this weekend! LoonyLuna 10/10 choice. Luna Lovegood is the best HP character and I will die on that hill
chii3d super creative entry! I like it Polarchuck I never would have thought to do Halloween nail art! Very unique idea :D

THE HAUNTED MASQUERADE
Again, so many amazing entries! I am blown away by everyone's creative vision. Houndoom I think your entry is my favourite by far! And Cat Purrson your Wocky does not have a single thought behind their eyes. Love it. kittyray your entry is GORGEOUS! Dita what a kween. ready to break hearts.
Brittany your entry is giving the girl from the MCR "Helena" music video

SCARY CAPTIONS TO TELL IN THE DARK Nattiee and Great White North did an excellent collab on the art idea for this one. Again, so many witty captions. Y'all are TOO FUNNY!

MONSTER MASH
There are definitely some cursed entries on this one! Mikal your entry stands out the most to me. I love the aesthetic of the image, very dark. Reminds me of an oldddd oil painting!

SPOOKY SPOTIFY
There are so, so many great playlists here! I have to say I really appreciate the wide variety of song choices and how it spans across genres!

CREEPY CANDY CREATIONS
DarkSkies gib me that creation right now. It looks like.. ice cream and cake combined. I am in love. Teakwood I would go FERAL for Jolly Ranchers slush

MAKE YOUR OWN HAUNTED HOUSE xmilo is that the sims!?!?! I did that for a prompt last year and it was SO FUN to build!

yes it is!! I had so much fun making everything from scratch. too bad I didn't have my expansions packs on hand. I could have done up the cave as well!! with hidden doors and stuff.

Peanutface
10-31-2022, 07:50 AM
Does this end tonight at 11:59pm or do we have til the end of November 1, at 11.59pm? I have been away for most of the month and want to get my last two entries in.
Thanks in advance

Polarchuck
10-31-2022, 05:07 PM
AAAAHHHH! I haven't had time to answer you! THANK YOU Cinnamoroll ! <3
It was a quick art but I was excited to share it! I went to a party yesterday, I have made another design, but I will leave it as a surprise jejeje :x

Charmander
10-31-2022, 05:10 PM
Does this end tonight at 11:59pm or do we have til the end of November 1, at 11.59pm? I have been away for most of the month and want to get my last two entries in.
Thanks in advance

OP says Nov 1 so you have time!

Mothman
10-31-2022, 09:47 PM
YEAHDJFH did 4 events. Wasn't sure I was going to make it but did with one day to spare.

Cinnamoroll
10-31-2022, 11:09 PM
Just about 24 hours left, everyone! Get those entries in!

Jackalope
11-01-2022, 12:35 AM
Got my 4th entry in! Whew, busiest month I've had in awhile but what I wouldn't do for a spooky surprise. 👻👻👻

Serebii
11-01-2022, 02:41 AM
Managed to get my 4th entry in! I've had a hell of a time getting anything art related done this month since my tablet stopped working. Fought with it just enough to do a doodle, which I hope is still acceptable.

Everyone's so damn creative, I love you all so much. Jackalope 's jack-o-lantern especially had me d'awwing.

Unown
11-01-2022, 08:57 AM
Cinnamoroll

I'm wondering if there's anything that's relatively easy to do to complete a prompt. So far I've only done 3 and I can't seem to find one that's easy. (Lotsa limitations when it comes to Halloween celebrations where I'm from xD)

1. Pumpkin Carving Challenge
Never ever done this because Halloween isn't celebrated here. The only pumpkins that we have here in my country are green (with orange flesh)

2. The Haunted Masquerade Ball
Done. This is 1/3

3. Scary Captions to Tell in the Dark
Done. This is 2/3

4. Monster Mash!!!!!
I'm thinking this would be the next best? I'm really horrible at drawing and do not have drawing supplies except pens. I drew something and was about to submit but I saw everyone else's submission and chickened out D:

5. Spooky Spotify
Done, this was 3/3

6. Creepy Candy Creations
Never made candy in my life, and I have no idea where to start. Never been a very hands-on kitchen person so I'm pretty lost here too.

7. Make Your Own Haunted House
Another prompt I thought I could do was this - but via words. But then when I went in the thread it said digital media and everyone's submission was so good T.T

Any ideas on what I can do for the last prompt? I'd love to participate in more but just not a very creative person (especially when it comes to Halloween)

Kibba
11-01-2022, 09:06 AM
Cinnamoroll

I'm wondering if there's anything that's relatively easy to do to complete a prompt. So far I've only done 3 and I can't seem to find one that's easy. (Lotsa limitations when it comes to Halloween celebrations where I'm from xD)

1. Pumpkin Carving Challenge
Never ever done this because Halloween isn't celebrated here. The only pumpkins that we have here in my country are green (with orange flesh)

2. The Haunted Masquerade Ball
Done. This is 1/3

3. Scary Captions to Tell in the Dark
Done. This is 2/3

4. Monster Mash!!!!!
I'm thinking this would be the next best? I'm really horrible at drawing and do not have drawing supplies except pens. I drew something and was about to submit but I saw everyone else's submission and chickened out D:

5. Spooky Spotify
Done, this was 3/3

6. Creepy Candy Creations
Never made candy in my life, and I have no idea where to start. Never been a very hands-on kitchen person so I'm pretty lost here too.

7. Make Your Own Haunted House
Another prompt I thought I could do was this - but via words. But then when I went in the thread it said digital media and everyone's submission was so good T.T

Any ideas on what I can do for the last prompt? I'd love to participate in more but just not a very creative person (especially when it comes to Halloween)

Do you know how to draw? The Pumpkin carving doesn't have to be an actual rl pumpkin, you can draw one either on paper or digital :) even on microsoft paint, be creative haha

Totodile
11-01-2022, 09:11 AM
This was my first time participating in the spooky event! I managed to do my 4 prompts and I can't wait for the next one!

DarkSkies
11-01-2022, 10:19 AM
Unown also the Candy creations don't really need to be cooking, you can draw an advertisement of a new candy, something simple and fun :)

I think the Candy and the Pumpkin with drawing would be the easier ones.

Man I can't believe October is over. This event was really fun, I loved seeing all entries :tiger:

howdy
11-01-2022, 02:07 PM
So happy to see Rhaenyra getting their FoF entries in last minute yayy!!!!

DarkSkies
11-01-2022, 03:04 PM
Yeah Raenyra I loved your Usul custom!! Awesome speed I'm glad you could participate :D

Also.. OMG IS THAT A WOLF ON A PUMPKIN?! LONG LIFE TO WUARGOOSSS (le whatever they're called on english lol) :o_o:

Nattiee
11-01-2022, 04:04 PM
I'm slowly catching up - I have a couple of appointments today but I will do my super hardest to pop in a couple more prompts and look at the rest of the submissions tonight. Only a couple more hours!!

From what I've seen so far:

Polarchuck - those NAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also am in love with your vampire polarchuck in the Haunted House prompt.
InsufferableHuman - the talent & patience you must have had to get the fine lines carved into your pumpkin. I would have screwed up in a heartbreat. I know you said you did your 4 prompts but if you have time to do more, I highly encourage it. Your submissions are great :)
Rokon - u always make cute things. Vulpix pumpkin is adorbable.
TsUNaMy WaVe - I want to live in your haunted house room. That bed looks glorious and cozy
LoonyLuna - Yaaass girl the Sims spoopy haunted house. I would live there IRL especially with the covered & the second floor patio dang.
Rhaenyra - How the heck did you make that that stunning house? I dont think I've ever been able to make more than 2 floors without screwing up the roof somehow. I need tutorials RIGHT MEOW
mothmen - I love your Halloween Ruki. The hair, the aesthetic fits so well. Wow!
Great White North - Your customization is giving HARD Gomez Addams vibes. Cara miaaaa
Anybody - That Blumaroo custom is straight up nightmare material holy the teeth & eyes lmao

Juna
11-01-2022, 04:15 PM
Made it just in time. I almost forgot. I had lots of fun with this, especially the monster mash and customization! It's fun seeing everyone's individuality and creativity!

Rhaenyra
11-01-2022, 04:20 PM
Yeah Raenyra I loved your Usul custom!! Awesome speed I'm glad you could participate :D

Also.. OMG IS THAT A WOLF ON A PUMPKIN?! LONG LIFE TO WUARGOOSSS (le whatever they're called on english lol) :o_o:

Thank you! Yes it is a wolf, though it looked better in my head lol.

Charmander
11-01-2022, 09:33 PM
Loving all of the entries everyone! Just a reminder that entries shut down at 11:59pm EST so only around an hourish left to get those entries in!

DarkSkies
11-01-2022, 10:13 PM
Alister Great White North Double Trouble those candy creations are awesome!! I loved the snack back from GWN, the teeth disclaimer from DT and Alister I would have never thought about arm candies but now I'm curious, neat ideas :P

Cinnamoroll
11-01-2022, 11:04 PM
Alright, y’all! Thats a wrap for this year’s Festival of Frights!

On behalf of myself, Great White North and Nattiee, thank you for taking part in spooky season with us! We hope you had a scary good time! And remember, if you were dying to get in one last prompt, there is always next year! :ghost:

AmandaBynes
11-01-2022, 11:18 PM
Oh no :( Only 11:17 PM here my time but I got off work way late tonight & wanted to submit mine yet. Big sad

I loved seeing everyone's submissions though ~ stay spooky babes

chii3d
11-01-2022, 11:50 PM

On behalf of myself, Great White North and Nattiee, thank you for taking part in spooky season with us! We hope you had a scary good time! And remember, if you were dying to get in one last prompt, there is always next year! :ghost:

Thank you for hosting! This event was very fun and had something different for everyone to participate in. Already cant wait for next year!

364!

Cinnamoroll
11-01-2022, 11:59 PM
Oh no :( Only 11:17 PM here my time but I got off work way late tonight & wanted to submit mine yet. Big sad

I loved seeing everyone's submissions though ~ stay spooky babes

Sorry friend - but it was always posted as end of day November 1st in the EST timezone, to accommodate people overseas as well! Always better to complete prompts earlier than later, too!

Unown
11-02-2022, 02:03 AM
Thank you for hosting!! :D It was fun doing as well as seeing other peoples' submissions.

Cat Purrson
11-02-2022, 03:01 AM
Thanks for hosting had lots of fun this year! Loved the prompts and everyone's submissions :)

Dita
11-02-2022, 03:20 AM
Thank you so much to Cinnamoroll and Great White North for hosting Festival of Frights! I was so happy I got to participate this year and I was loving all the entry from everyone. I love when we have events like this so I can see everyone's creativity :$

Serebii
11-02-2022, 05:17 AM
Thank you so much for hosting! It was really fun seeing what everyone had come up with for each category and prompt.

Polarchuck
11-02-2022, 07:54 AM

Thank you so much for hosting! :$ It is the first time that I participate in an event like this, and I was able to participate in 4 prompts! really enjoyed the activities, and all the entries from the participants, lots of talented people at CK! <3

Kibba
11-02-2022, 08:33 AM
Thanks for this year festival!

Loved all entries by the community :)

Aero
11-02-2022, 10:19 AM
Thank you for hosting this event again! Like everyone else, I really enjoyed seeing all the submissions. Some of the candy ones were seriously cool!

Teakwood
11-02-2022, 10:53 AM
Thank you for hosting guys! I loved being able to participate in it!

phantasia
11-02-2022, 03:14 PM

Thank you so much for hosting! I kind of still had so many ideas for the candy one but in the end I couldnt decided and ended up doing nothing. At least I did my 4.
I really liked the personal spin on the pumpkin carving!

Ridley
11-02-2022, 05:01 PM
Thank you for hosting! I enjoyed seeing what everybody came up with for this year's event. The caption contest was especially amusing since it had so many entries.

Mothman
11-02-2022, 05:08 PM
Thanks so much for hosting <3 My favorite was the haunted house prompt!!! I also loved the Spotify prompt since it was cool to see the playlists. ^^ Excited to do more site events like this!

Charmander
11-02-2022, 05:09 PM
Please keep in mind that for the UB as Coordinators we need to go through and manually track and log participation and then provide our results to staff who will need to manually reward UBs.

Patience is key young one :)

Hall
11-02-2022, 05:50 PM
This was a lotta fun! I enjoyed spending time finding the spooky songs for Halloween (or silly Halloween songs, I found lotsa Elvira songs I didn't know about before). And 2AM brain blasts about candy were fun. :3

Peanutface
11-02-2022, 06:32 PM
I am glad I got home from my vacation in time to send in some entry's
Thank you all so much

Cinnamoroll
11-02-2022, 06:57 PM
Please keep in mind that for the UB as Coordinators we need to go through and manually track and log participation and then provide our results to staff who will need to manually reward UBs.

Patience is key young one :)

This ^^^ it will come, but it takes time!

Bulbasaur
11-02-2022, 07:06 PM
Thank you all for all the Halloween Fun!
I dont really do much of these type of events as my anxiety just goes crazy and I worry to much on sharing what I'd done/made lol

But I am trying to do more to join in the fun!

Nattiee
11-02-2022, 07:51 PM
Thank you all for all the Halloween Fun!
I dont really do much of these type of events as my anxiety just goes crazy and I worry to much on sharing what I'd done/made lol

But I am trying to do more to join in the fun!

Thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone to participate :) loved seeing your entries!

Dita
11-02-2022, 08:33 PM
You both had to wait so patiently for us to create all the lovely entry I'm sure we can be just as patent now 💖