PDA

View Full Version : Official Neopets Cookbook

chii3d
09-18-2022, 09:58 AM
A new official neopets cookbook is available on amazon. It has 40 recipes and, according to the description, it will include an avatar.

Link for purchasing through US amazon:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

According to the description:

"Some recipes include:

Borovan
Checkerboard Pizza
Negg Lasagna
Poogle Sushi
Skeith Burger
Yurble Pot Pie
Mushroom Omelette
3/4 Mushroom Omelette
Half Rainbow Jelly
Banana Faellie Cake
Iced Fish Cake
Illusen Biscotti
& more!

What's more, there's even an exclusive code in the back of the book for an ALL-NEW and limited edition avatar that you can redeem and use on the Neoboards!"

I'm hoping the avatar counts in collections, but I think it won't. We have had paid for avatars before like with McDonalds and coco roller, but I'd guess it will be like the comic con avatars. I'm hoping the avatar doesn't have a picture of the soup faerie but some cute pixel art of the lil foods with an actual pixel border included. A girl can dream.

Will you be buying when it comes out? What recipes are you hoping for?

Serebii
09-18-2022, 10:02 AM
I preordered a copy of it when it was first announced. Didn't even need the avatar incentive to do it.

As for recipes I'm hoping for -- since omelettes and jellies seem to be handled, I'm really hoping we get Nova Pops or, if they want to get REALLY fun with things, maybe Morphing Potions or Healing Potions. It doesn't say it has to be exclusively food anywhere, and pets do technically ingest those.

hearts
09-18-2022, 10:43 AM
Omg this is the first I'm seeing of this! I'll be honest, I'm more excited for the avatar! I'm like you, I hope it's cute and pixelated! And colorful preferably!

Thank you for posting about this because I'd not have known otherwise. Probably gonna buy it today if I can!

Flordibel
09-18-2022, 11:09 AM
I think this is a super cute idea! I'd love to see recipes for Candy Corn Latte or Candy Apple Latte 🥺 (I know they won't be in there but I can dream!)

Peanutface
09-18-2022, 11:18 AM
This is actually an item that I think I will be ordering. I really like the idea of a cookbook. Of course I really do not want to eat Chocolate and Asparagus combos. I do not think they will count the avatar in our list. But maybe the special code will give something nice.

Marius
09-18-2022, 11:39 AM
I hope the avatar doesn't count... merch is so expensive for non-US players

Anybody
09-18-2022, 12:00 PM
This is neat! I don’t know if I’ll be buying, but I would love to peep everyone’s creations. Maybe we should have a cook-off with prompts from the cookbook?

ender
09-18-2022, 12:03 PM
The avatar doesn't count towards your overall score afaik.
Is anyone going to be posting the recipes online somewhere? I'd love to try some out but I can't justify spending money on it right now.

Cinnamoroll
09-18-2022, 12:04 PM
I hope the avatar doesn't count... merch is so expensive for non-US players

You should be able to order it through Amazon, and when I ordered it I believe it was $40 and I am not American.

I have a feeling the avatar won't count overall but I guess we will find out next year!

Buizel
09-18-2022, 12:58 PM
The TNT member Willow stated in the Neo discord a few days ago that the avatar will count towards your total count.

Still though, I ordered it to display in my room at least. :)

Bea
09-18-2022, 01:20 PM
Wow this is amazing, ive always loved the Neopets food it all looks so delicious ♥
The avatar sounds cool to, would love to see what that looks like!

I can daydream about this Pie being in the book! ♥
That pastry looks so yummy scrummy.

Alister
09-18-2022, 01:29 PM
omg the Neopets merch I never knew I needed

I'd love to see some spooky foods in here. Aggressive Casserole, an Almost Gummy Rat, Ghost Cupcakes, Glaring Cheesecake, Tombscones. I just want evil but tasty pastries/desserts I can cook for Halloween parties. I'd also love to see the oozing chocolate heart, can't remember the name off the top of my head, but it could a cherry cordial recipe of some kind.

A take on the infamous Clam Jam would kill me if they include it - either as a joke and making the recipe as fully nauseating as the item itself, or an ironic version where it looks gross but is actually made of something super innocuous like fruit puree.

Jackalope
09-18-2022, 01:55 PM
I really hope they include joke recipes for gross foods. I'm also very curious how they're going to manage negg recipes. Like is a negg just and egg irl? It look like a plant so is it... eggplant? What is negg!?!?!?

Cat Purrson
09-18-2022, 02:50 PM
I would actually pick this up JUST to make the omelets alone!!!

Juna
09-18-2022, 03:04 PM
I would actually pick this up JUST to make the omelets alone!!!

Right??? I really like omelets. I wonder which one they'll end up putting in the book.
edit: nvm i see they put some of the ones included, I can't read xd

Narkotiq
09-18-2022, 03:07 PM
I'm glad they made the book of recipes based on actual Neopets food and not just something lame like when other games/tv shows make recipe books and use cheap over done recipes and just change their names to something related to a character or whatever like "Chia CheeseCake" or "Meridell Mashed Potatoes" (other than the ones that are named like that officially in game)

I'm actually really interested in seeing some of these recipes.

Kibba
09-18-2022, 03:48 PM
I've seen people on fb recreating food from neopets

Nice to see TNT Pays attention to these users who love to cook, and now people are gonna be able to recreate neopets cool food

Menine
09-18-2022, 04:06 PM
$24,99 + $20,78 delivery fee.

Literally 20% of a monthly minimum wage here.

I really hope It doesnt count in the collection, I won't pay $45 + import duty for an avatar. :<

kittyray
09-18-2022, 04:23 PM
Yeah, also hoping it doesn't count just because it just feels so unfair for those who can't afford it or won't have easy access to getting it, especially with so few other avatars getting released?

samsepiol
09-18-2022, 06:28 PM
I'm buying this solely (not really, I generally think it's cute) to be able to make the official Borovan recipe. I love coffee and feel like even though coffee also exists in Neopia that Borovan is the joke drink that keeps on giving. I am curious whether it'll actually be chocolate & asparagus though or just some sort of veggie chocolate smoothie.

kittyray
09-18-2022, 07:01 PM
I'm buying this solely (not really, I generally think it's cute) to be able to make the official Borovan recipe. I love coffee and feel like even though coffee also exists in Neopia that Borovan is the joke drink that keeps on giving. I am curious whether it'll actually be chocolate & asparagus though or just some sort of veggie chocolate smoothie.

Also curious about this. I've had plenty of chocolate smoothies with lots of greens in them, but I'm not sure if even any of those had asparagus.

chii3d
09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
I love the idea of a cook-off when it comes out! I did pre-order so I can scan it when it comes out for our non-us members as long as that's cool. Obviously not too cool to the publishing company so unsure.

I'm excited for borovan too; I always thought it was a cute lil neopets lore I'd like to try out. I'm really not a great cook but I can work stuff out with an exact recipe.

oventoast
09-18-2022, 08:40 PM
it wont release until june 2023, am i reading this right? =C

chii3d
09-18-2022, 08:49 PM
it wont release until june 2023, am i reading this right? =C

Unfortunately, yeah :( Plenty of time to speculate about the extra recipes I suppose.

Ashram
09-18-2022, 11:09 PM
Really hoping they don't put this avatar behind a paywall...

TsUNaMy WaVe
09-19-2022, 06:39 AM
I might be getting an Amazon gift card from work for the holidays, so I do highly consider getting this. It will be my first ever piece of Neo merch, so that's exciting!

Targaryen
09-19-2022, 06:46 AM
Does anyone know if we have to pre-order it in order to get the avatar? I don't feel a sense of urgency ordering it yet if its not gonna be out till June 2023.... I am more excited for the tarot deck tbh lol.

hearts
09-19-2022, 07:50 AM
Does anyone know if we have to pre-order it in order to get the avatar? I don't feel a sense of urgency ordering it yet if its not gonna be out till June 2023.... I am more excited for the tarot deck tbh lol.

Exactly what u wanted but forgot to ask. I literally only want that avatar lol. So if I need to pre-order it for that I absolutely will but like you said, we basically have a year if it isn't urgent. The only thing that worries me about waiting is it *does* say something about "limited edition" code, doesn't it? Let me go check!

pillowfighter
09-19-2022, 08:21 AM
I’m so excited for this! I kinda wish they’d make a few molds to go with it on the side so you could maybe make stuff like Brucicles! ;__;
I’m very hyped to see people recreate some of these foods

chii3d
09-19-2022, 12:16 PM

No one knows for sure but I am assuming it will be packed with the book like the codes for the pins that came from Sdcc.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m so excited for this! I kinda wish they’d make a few molds to go with it on the side so you could maybe make stuff like Brucicles! ;__;
I’m very hyped to see people recreate some of these foods

I would love brucicle molds!!! Or even a recipe to make this would be neat.

Hall
09-19-2022, 01:04 PM
I'm hoping that as time goes on they (TNT or publishers or someone) expounds on the 'exclusive'... oh they changed the description since last I saw it:

What's more, there's even an exclusive code in the back of the book for an ALL-NEW and limited edition avatar that you can redeem and use on the Neoboards!

When I first saw it was just and exclusive code for an avatar. So /maybe/ the code is static. And /maybe/ the avatar doesn't count for your total.

I'd love it to not count, 'cause while I am addicted to getting more pixels I don't want to spend money on something I won't use. I don't cook. :|

Dita
09-19-2022, 01:26 PM
I pre ordered before I realized it was coming out next year and I don't cook 🤡 Oh well lol

Cookie Tray
09-27-2022, 02:32 PM
Illusen Biscotti sounds really good, I can't wait to get this book!

Houndoom
09-27-2022, 04:24 PM
Ok but why is it "3/4 Mushroom Omelette" when all omelettes come in THIRDS :o_o: come on neopets get it together
I ... am tempted to get this but also I don't cook/bake unless ck gives me a challenge ahaha

Ferengi
09-27-2022, 11:36 PM
Pretty sure I'm going to get it, use the code, then immediately donate it.

parakeet
10-08-2022, 11:40 AM
ebook is $9.99 as a heads up with no shipping

chii3d
10-08-2022, 12:10 PM
ebook is $9.99 as a heads up with no shipping

Wonder if it still comes with the avatar code?

Anyone get a recipe card from comic con? I wanted to see the recipe picture.