PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone still play Pokemon Legends: Arceus?

hearts
08-25-2022, 02:40 PM
Did you beat it? I stopped playing about a month ago after playing it heavily for a straight month.

IIRC, you have to catch every Pokemon to battle Arceus to catch him and I kinda gave up.

It was really fun up until that point though. Did you like it?

Alister
08-25-2022, 02:49 PM
I haven't even started it yet though I intend to some day. I haven't gotten a new Pokemon game since the base Sword/Shield, including their expansions. I wanted to love Sw/Sh because I love Pokemon so much, and I did love the hell out of the concept of the Wild Area and giant stadiums for Pokemon matches like it's a national sport, but the game itself did feel a bit sparse in content. I heard good things about Legends of Arceus but Sw/Sh just burned me out a bit. If you played Sw/Sh, how do you think Legends of Arceus compares?

hearts
08-25-2022, 02:53 PM
Alister
I really a haven't played many Pokemon games, except old old ones like Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Snap, more recently (aka 2016) Pokemon Go. :P Legends: Arceus was a random leap of faith download for me because I really wasn't hopeful I would get into it, but it ended up being pretty fun!

In other Pokemon games, like Sw/Sh, is it like adventure style? Like do you get to walk around freely or is the game more mapped out? (I hope this question makes sense because I know I'm wording it terribly lol)

kittyray
08-25-2022, 03:01 PM
I bought it but haven't started it yet. I'll get around to it. Eventually. Maybe.

hearts
08-25-2022, 03:04 PM
kittyray
Big felt on that haha. I've been more so playing mindless smaller games with no super big goal. I just downloaded downloaded Fall Guys as an example and that's kinda fun. I'm really bad at it but it's really a simple concept. xD

Alister
08-25-2022, 03:13 PM
Sword and Shield are still very mapped out with the exception of the Wild Area, which is a giant open area with its own mini-regions and tons of Pokemon variety. I think the Wild Area is so neat in concept, I love the thought of Pokemon being given an area entirely to themselves and radically evolving the local biome as a result. Like pockets of Electric Pokemon that are so dense they just fry any manmade electronics or magma patches that are too hot to even get near without specialized protective gear from all the Fire types. That is not what Sword and Shield is actually like, the Wild Area is pretty homogenous in game, but the idea is good.

LoA is more open world, right? Like you don't have to go the towns in any particular order.

Hollow
08-25-2022, 03:15 PM
I stopped playing it, I thought I'd enjoy it a lot when I saw the trailers and gameplay but it felt sort of... meh? I'm half way through the game but I haven't bothered to pick it back up. I put in more time and effort into Sword/Shield, and I ended up 100% completing it and completing my dex.

Maybe i'll give Legends another chance lol. I loved the entire idea of it being open world though.

kittyray
08-25-2022, 03:21 PM
kittyray
Big felt on that haha. I've been more so playing mindless smaller games with no super big goal. I just downloaded downloaded Fall Guys as an example and that's kinda fun. I'm really bad at it but it's really a simple concept. xD

I've just not really been in the mood for any games. Fall Guys looks so fun, but it would be way too overstimulating with my current brain.

Kibba
08-25-2022, 03:25 PM
Did you beat it? I stopped playing about a month ago after playing it heavily for a straight month.

IIRC, you have to catch every Pokemon to battle Arceus to catch him and I kinda gave up.

It was really fun up until that point though. Did you like it?

I finished it completely except for the new missions that came in the last update

I have a ton of shinies! I keep getting them in the overworld

The last mission for Arceus is VERY VERY interesting and fun! KEEP PLAYING!!!! :o_o:

Autobot
08-25-2022, 03:55 PM
I beat the main story boss, but I still haven't gotten around to catching all the pokemon in the region :') I haven't played in a while but I was having more fun with outbreaks and finding shinies than filling the pokedex. Played it SUPER heavy during the story and and kinda got over-levelled because picking mushrooms and fighting alphas is better than saving the world, so I kinda breezed through a lot of fights that I think were meant to be challenging...

- IMO the game is fun play-wise from start to finish, but once you're done with it all + most of the post-story quests it kinda loses its luster unless you're a 100% end game type person, but even that could get tedious... but that's kind of how a lot of games are, really?

- I played blind with the expectation that "boss" battles would be more similar to the main games but they put your ass in that arena and said "good luck"???? I mean this in a good way, like I genuinely wasn't expecting running from a bug with axes for hands, it had me on my feet and trying to figure out how to react for a minute, that's when I was like "oh this is gonna be good"

- Plot-wise is was... whatever. It kind of reminded of the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, considering how ungrateful the villagers are -_-

- Breeding not being a feature is understandable but kinda disappointing? Humans aren't close to pokemon yet so it made sense, at least.

It's exciting to see that open world/wild area stuff will be in the new games though! hopefully they keep the way moves are forgotten/relearned in PLA in later games; it's much more convenient than having to go talk to an NPC for it.

hearts
08-25-2022, 04:04 PM
Alister
Yes, LoA is very open and I think that's what makes it more fun! There is a map where you can choose ~5 different regions but the regions are so vast and you can do a lot of exploring. Based off what you've said about Sw/Sh, I think I'd get burnt out too. I need to look up if any new games are coming out because I'd probably be more inclined to start a game where I have a community that plays it too.
Hollow
Yes, honestly started LoA, I was VERY underwhelmed because there was a *lot* of reading and it seemed to start out very slow, in my opinion. But quickly gained more freedom a the game progressed.
kittyray
I feel you. Fall Guys is a really simple concept but TBH these types of games make my adrenaline go freaking WILD when I know there's 60 real people I'm competing with lol.
Kibba
You caught all the Pokemon?! That's amazing! What shinies did you get?
I only got the purple Rapidash and white Vulpix but they were kinda written into the story! I think I caught other species of shinies (not many if any) but just didn't register them because I didn't like the Pokemon lol.

- - - Updated - - -
Autobot
Yesssss I had so much fun hiding in the grass during the outbreaks catching as many as I could. But I didn't know breeding was a thing in other Pokemon games?! That sounds interesting! :o

Giovanna
11-21-2023, 01:37 PM
I recently got an unlocked switch, never had any nintendo console before, and pokemon arceus was basically THE GAME i've been playing ever since.
I absolutely gave up trying to get Tornadus and would love some tips.
I've trying watching videos, reading tips on reddit. I went from loving the game to hating the game i hate this stupid ugly old genie so much omg

Serebii
12-05-2023, 08:24 AM
Tornadus sort of just became a battle of stubbornness for me until I realized Jet Balls from a distance would work to knock his shield away. Once I got that down he became the easiest of the genies for me.

Infected
12-06-2023, 01:20 AM
I played it for a bit but didn't finish it. I played Sw/Sh extensively and am still playing S/V extensively. BdSp and Arceus just felt to me like mid way games and couldn't really finish them. Although the Pokeball throwing/catching dynamic of Legends Arceus is PRIME and should really make a come back, it's literally what I always wanted Pokemon games to have.

Rattata
12-06-2023, 01:34 AM
i love legends arceus so bad i had to hide my switch so i could take a break from it lol

oddish
02-22-2024, 07:04 PM
I am currently replaying it :)
A bit bummed I lost my game file due to selling my old switch
But it's been fun doing it all again tbh lol

Charizard
02-22-2024, 07:18 PM
I never got into it but my husband had a great time. We are going hard on Scarlet/Violet right now.

Misha
03-02-2024, 03:05 PM
I just got done with beating Palkia and Dialga so now I have to go beat the other Alphas or whatever, but I'm having fun
I 100% Shield and Scarlet so I stopped playing those, I'm hoping for a good next gen game to come out to feed my addiction once I'm through PLA